What Beauty Gurus REALLY look like !

Begather
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What Beauty Gurus REALLY look like !

Post by Begather »

INdifferent wrote:I thought it would be fun to dedicate a thread to what these gurus really look like without all the filters and stuff. We all know they amp up the lighting on their video's giving them a "flawless" look, sometimes I feel like shit with my pores and wrinkles, it's about time we expose them for that they really are (pun intended).

Chrisspy

No filter:

Filtered:

You really did an amazing work here. i am so impressed.

girliegirl
Debater
Debater

Post by girliegirl »

Melissa26m wrote:
INdifferent wrote:I thought it would be fun to dedicate a thread to what these gurus really look like without all the filters and stuff. We all know they amp up the lighting on their video's giving them a "flawless" look, sometimes I feel like shit with my pores and wrinkles, it's about time we expose them for that they really are (pun intended).

Chrisspy

No filter:

Filtered:

Her nose is so different. Is that really just contour??
hmm, her nose looks a lot smaller, nose job possibly?

Spenderr
Informer
Informer

Post by Spenderr »

INdifferent

This is a great concept INdifferent dear! I love the idea of before and afters, it's rather amusing seeing how vast the contrast is with these narcisstics women before and after "infamy." In some cases it's a matter of acquiescing better skills and perfecting their makeup application, BUT- in the majority of instances, it is overuse of Photoshopping apps and lights and filters, and worse, overuse of elective treatments and surgeries.

Tis a shame really, they are no different to those celebs; a bunch of shallow and vain, arrogant and cocky conceited women with an inflated ego. Amrezy is the head honcho of egocentricity.

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

Spenderr wrote:
INdifferent

This is a great concept INdifferent dear! I love the idea of before and afters, it's rather amusing seeing how vast the contrast is with these narcisstics women before and after "infamy." In some cases it's a matter of acquiescing better skills and perfecting their makeup application, BUT- in the majority of instances, it is overuse of Photoshopping apps and lights and filters, and worse, overuse of elective treatments and surgeries.

Tis a shame really, they are no different to those celebs; a bunch of shallow and vain, arrogant and cocky conceited women with an inflated ego. Amrezy is the head honcho of egocentricity.
Thanks!

Totally agree, it's just a facade that's all.
Please bear with me, English is my second language

Gelarphoenix
Learner
Learner

Post by Gelarphoenix »

Granted Kim K isn't a beauty guru in the sense we're referring to on this forum but I had to post once I saw these pictures of her

Decent lighting and not too close with the camera

And then we have terrible lighting and somebody zoomed in too far on purpose it seems

Maybe I'm late in seeing this but I passed these pictures by and thought holymolybatman

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

Those are amazing pics! Suddenly I feel slightly better about myself hahahaha ;) :D

leighxo721
Stalker
Stalker

Post by leighxo721 »

While I like a lot of these gurus, I appreciate this forum. All of these photos make me feel so much better about myself lol. I see all of these girls and wonder how they could POSSIBLY look that good, and now see that it's not real. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

It's really amazing what the right camera angle and lighting can do, I'd love to have a walking ringlight with me at all times #flawless :rofl: :rofl:

hollyannaeree

Filtered:

Unfiltered:

Someone once posted this in her thread so all credit to her/him (let me know who you are and I'll just credit you).

Frenchy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Frenchy »

Damn I need to learn their skills. I have a few pores and zits that could do with being hidden. (few being a massive understatement) :D

MzMichelle537
Informer
Informer

Post by MzMichelle537 »

This thread needs to continue.
I think it really is amazing to see what their skin REALLY looks like. I always wonder what it looks like in person. You cant filter the shit out of yourself in person.... :rofl:

hellyeah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by hellyeah »

Kayleigh from foreveryours:

ELF probably filtered and edited her photo. But her skin looks super fake. Image

Her skin isn't the worst; I'd say it's pretty standard. Some red spots; pores, tone. I darkened a little so the flaws could be seen better. I've watched her long enough to know her skin is not like that in the ELF photo.

Can people just stop trying to trick us into thinking their skin is doll like? I've seen some beauty vloggers who do have lovely skin but there aren't many.

nanden
Stalker
Stalker

Post by nanden »

And this is how we end up spending lots of money on foundation/concealer. It has always been so frustrating for me seeing them turn into living dolls. I bought the foundation they recommended, the beauty blender, the brushes, but in the end my face wasn't as smooth and perfect as theirs. I even took makeup classes for God's sake! My teacher told us that there's no such thing as perfection. And that real makeup doesn't look like commercial/instagram makeup.
It's so sad that many of them say "embrace your inner beauty", "you are beautiful just the way you are" and then, they go on editing and adding tons of filters.

cutefluff345
Learner
Learner

Post by cutefluff345 »

Mia stammer aka Mamamiamakeup is one.
I totally agree with the above comments, a lot of these beauty gurus are hypocrites. They try so hard into making everyone believe their skin is perfect but they can only hide so much.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I really appreciated when Kaushal Beauty showed a close up of her skin to remind people she isn't poreless
I can't remember which video it is but it really helps me remember that alot of it is their lighting and camera.

hellyeah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by hellyeah »

onigiri815 wrote:I really appreciated when Kaushal Beauty showed a close up of her skin to remind people she isn't poreless
I can't remember which video it is but it really helps me remember that alot of it is their lighting and camera.

They have cameras with the soft focus effect they makes their skin look more flawless. It's quit irritating because I find it really hard to believe they all have wrinkle free, blemish free, pore less skin. I watch whatwouldlizzydo (sp?) and her facial skin is actually pretty nice. And I think she returned a camera, recently, because she said it made her look too fake and she didn't like that. I have large pores and it's discouraging watching these ladies when they make it seem their skin is super flawless. Like no. You're not plastic. Well some are! Or they photoshop take shit out of their pics.

GhettoGuruGoddess
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by GhettoGuruGoddess »

nanden wrote:And this is how we end up spending lots of money on foundation/concealer. It has always been so frustrating for me seeing them turn into living dolls. I bought the foundation they recommended, the beauty blender, the brushes, but in the end my face wasn't as smooth and perfect as theirs. I even took makeup classes for God's sake! My teacher told us that there's no such thing as perfection. And that real makeup doesn't look like commercial/instagram makeup.
It's so sad that many of them say "embrace your inner beauty", "you are beautiful just the way you are" and then, they go on editing and adding tons of filters.

Exactly! I've spent so much money trying to find my holy grail non creasing concealer when it just doesn't exist. These over filtered images hurt the real women's self esteem more than people admit. Have you seen that episode of South Park about the photoshopped images?

Gita1995
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Gita1995 »

Seriously is the power of makeup going on here. Some of these photos are shocking..

hellyeah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by hellyeah »

A bunch of acne videos keep coming up in my feed. I saw this chick: ImageImage

What I wonder is how do they look in person after makeup is applied? I've had bad pimples I've had to disguise and in person they still look awful. Like it looks like I'm trying to hide a major pimple! So o don't get how they can go from pimple city bumpy face to flawless. There's no way their skin looks smooth and flawless in person.

purrball16
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by purrball16 »

okay so I dunno why but I never thought about the filter in videos. I mean yeah I knew it when it was obvious but Ive never been able to detect a subtle filter & was always in awee of their wonderful skin & looks. This opened my eyes a LOTT LOL

I dunno if you all know about this site called http://celebrityclose-up.com/ ? Its basically just close ups of celebrities we ALL thought looked flawless.. I hate to say it but it definitely made me love my skin lol these people have major problems. ughh ..
like...

I know she isnt a youtube guru but still...

Look at all dat CAKE... :D

Bones_G2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bones_G2 »

purrball16 wrote:okay so I dunno why but I never thought about the filter in videos. I mean yeah I knew it when it was obvious but Ive never been able to detect a subtle filter & was always in awee of their wonderful skin & looks. This opened my eyes a LOTT LOL

I dunno if you all know about this site called http://celebrityclose-up.com/ ? Its basically just close ups of celebrities we ALL thought looked flawless.. I hate to say it but it definitely made me love my skin lol these people have major problems. ughh ..
like...

I know she isnt a youtube guru but still...

Look at all dat CAKE... :D
I mean in this one from the site Kylie doesn't look bad,

I don't think the look too caked up. It's obvious they're wearing makeup but it's not like I look at them and think omg how much foundation did she pile on?! Lol they still look like themselves without makeup. Then we have these gurus who legit put a mask on every day that you could scrape off with a trowel a la Jaclyn Hill. I'll take these cake faces over here hands down lmao

The beauty community has become the HSN of YouTube

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”