Karlie Kloss

pink-panther
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Karlie Kloss

Post by pink-panther »

galaxy_stars wrote:that Make a Wish video was cool. I just wish they were longer and were more personal.. the video before was also short. I just hope she doesn't go Shay's route, though I feel like it might be headed towards that direction =/
Her videos are always too short. Even though they're usually good videos, at the end I feel like there's something missing. If it was like 1 or 2min longer, it would be perfect.
Sorry about any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

thecalcographer
Learner
Learner

Post by thecalcographer »

I liked her new video, especially the shot that showed what it's like to walk the runway. Was anyone else surprised that that's how her parents look? Don't get me wrong, they're adorable, and it's nice to see how supportive they are.

pink-panther
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pink-panther »

thecalcographer wrote:I liked her new video, especially the shot that showed what it's like to walk the runway. Was anyone else surprised that that's how her parents look? Don't get me wrong, they're adorable, and it's nice to see how supportive they are.
I was. They're adorable but not the type of couple that you look and think that they could give birth to a supermodel lol
Sorry about any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

galaxy_stars
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by galaxy_stars »

pink-panther wrote:
thecalcographer wrote:I liked her new video, especially the shot that showed what it's like to walk the runway. Was anyone else surprised that that's how her parents look? Don't get me wrong, they're adorable, and it's nice to see how supportive they are.
I was. They're adorable but not the type of couple that you look and think that they could give birth to a supermodel lol
agreed, esp her dad.. they look nothing alike. her mom though -- I can definitely see a resemblance.

pugzjen
Informer
Informer

Post by pugzjen »

enjoying her women in tech videos and how she inspires young women to be involved in areas other than obsessing over beauty etc

although why does she heavily promote tech and not other careers like doctor (her dads a doctor) , nursing, teaching...

Im just happy shes not just focusing on modelling and knows theres more depth in people than beauty which is cool

whatwut
Talker
Talker

Post by whatwut »

pugzjen wrote:enjoying her women in tech videos and how she inspires young women to be involved in areas other than obsessing over beauty etc

although why does she heavily promote tech and not other careers like doctor (her dads a doctor) , nursing, teaching...

Im just happy shes not just focusing on modelling and knows theres more depth in people than beauty which is cool
It's a marketing technique, tech stuff is really in right now and so are tech careers. She also found a for-profit technology school that was willing to pay her to be a sponsor. Her whole techie bit kind of makes me roll my eyes.

pugzjen
Informer
Informer

Post by pugzjen »

whatwut wrote:
It's a marketing technique, tech stuff is really in right now and so are tech careers. She also found a for-profit technology school that was willing to pay her to be a sponsor. Her whole techie bit kind of makes me roll my eyes.
yeah i know i study computer science and theres 3 girls in my class compared to like 40 guys so i suppose thats a main reason. yeah it makes me cringe because she doesn't seem educated on it she just throws the word "code" out there and looking like a Zoella type advert. It would be cool if she was genuinely interested but by the way she talks about programming and comp sci she just seems like she wrote one program - hello world. :rofl:

galaxy_stars
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by galaxy_stars »

whatwut wrote:
pugzjen wrote:enjoying her women in tech videos and how she inspires young women to be involved in areas other than obsessing over beauty etc

Yeah it's really all about marketing. It's obvious she also interviewed that woman from Instagram because her billionare bf was one of its first investors (and he has a huge stake in the company), so more advertisement for them (not that IG needs any). I'm also sure that her friendship with Taylor is mostly for PR for the both of them.

Cherub
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cherub »

She was in the 2015 YouTube Rewind at 2:28
[youtube][/youtube]
I wish that she posted more BTS videos, her ELLExKLOSSY ones were pretty meh...

Iedera
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Iedera »

Karlie Kloss New York City 2019

source

Greeting
Learner
Learner