Credit:amazingfiru

christyimnotred
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Off Topic Part 3:Don't Be A Drama Llama

Post by christyimnotred »

Alex and Jesper, I'm so glad you two came out of lurking and joined us. I've learned so much for you! Manged, that artwork is amazing!! I need to get in the habit of checking the off-topic more often, I miss all the good conversations. (I'm starting to think I need to drink more too). But I did contribute to posting about alien emojis during the shit storm, so go me! Loki, that is so great!! I hope it goes well for you.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Again, xoxo for the nice words about the art. I like how nearly no one is phased by the fact that it's Dan literally dressed like someone's rich, flamboyant Bubbe.

If you're someone who doesn't particularly insert themselves into drama, but enjoys observing it from the sidelines, does that still make you a drama llama?

kazzie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kazzie »

LOL that was a fun thread to catch up on. Thank you all for the contributions Alex and Jesper and mermaidblood my kinda people

manged as usual your art made me fangirl <3 <3

I too don't really contribute to the drama (so holy...where is my halo?) but I do enjoy it... shall I pass the popcorn manged?
ImageImage

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

kazzie wrote: I too don't really contribute to the drama (so holy...where is my halo?) but I do enjoy it... shall I pass the popcorn manged?
Yes pls

Loki_Booman
Talker
Talker

Post by Loki_Booman »

yay dont be a drama llama won *this is all i have to contribute rn other than the word tidning is very fun to say .....tidning.......tidning .......tidning .......tidning .....tidning

ambery7

Post by ambery7 »

manged wrote:
kazzie wrote: I too don't really contribute to the drama (so holy...where is my halo?) but I do enjoy it... shall I pass the popcorn manged?
Yes pls
I love drama too. 8-) And there is some more popcorn!
[youtube][/youtube]

akiraclub
Learner
Learner

Post by akiraclub »

I've never understood the thing about not being able to look away from car accidents until I experienced the drama of the main thread. So horrible/cringeworthy and entertaining at the same time. A drama llama lover? DLL? I dunno, not as catchy.

timtam, please do tell us how the concert was once you've seen it! I'm seeing Florence in august and could not be more excited!!

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

AC44 wrote:missemma / everyone talking about Alexisonfire/City & Colour - I was too late to contribute to the discussion but I always think how cool it is when I am like BELTING"Northern Wind" that Dallas Green is originally from Alexisonfire, who I was obsessed with in middle school.
It's so full circle, because I prefer Dallas in City & Colour now :love2:
I love both Alexis and City & Colour and will listen to either depending on my mood. This discussion has totally made me crack out Bring Me Your Love by Dallas though, I listened to this album when it came out every night, it's such a lovely album and his voice is beautiful. My favourite song by him though will always be Against The Grain.
I am really looking forwards to Alexis at Reading though, I have seen them live a few times and they're a very good live band. I wish they'd do the whole of Crisis in its entirety :)

Also I'm happy to read that my avatar is providing so much joy :D
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

coach
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coach »

manged wrote:If you're someone who doesn't particularly insert themselves into drama, but enjoys observing it from the sidelines, does that still make you a drama llama?
Nah, merely a train(wreck)spotter :D
if i ever manage to write a post without typos on the first try i've probably been replaced by a pod person jsyk

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

Oh and I meant to add to my post but it won't let me add it now, when I first discovered Dan's channel I thought his username was related to Alexisonfire and that he was a fan which is what made me click on it but apparently not.

ImageImageImage

PhilLester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PhilLester »

Did I hear City and Colour? I actually saw them live a few years ago when they opened for Biffy Clyro and loved them but never looked into them anymore!

Perhaps I should because this happens far too often when it comes to me and my musical horizons :roll: Thanks for the memory jog baes :love2:

This is so random and I already posted it on Twitter but it still makes me lol on the daily that my sister is thinking of calling her baby Alfie :rofl: I won't be able to look at the poor child since PointlessFrogs face has been permantly burned into my retinas. I blame this website :rofl:

Jesper
Informer
Informer

Post by Jesper »

missemma wrote:I love both Alexis and City & Colour and will listen to either depending on my mood. This discussion has totally made me crack out Bring Me Your Love by Dallas though, I listened to this album when it came out every night, it's such a lovely album and his voice is beautiful. My favourite song by him though will always be Against The Grain.
Sam Malone would be my favourite, if I had to pick one. It'll change by next week though.

Just gonna share some Helicon Blue, Dallas' pre-Alexisonfire/City and Colour band, in case anyone hasn't heard them. not a hipster
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
these are huge letters

Lari
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lari »

all of this is very late :D
missemma and mama hope u guys are feeling better
loki congrats on getting your braces off

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

Jesper wrote: Sam Malone would be my favourite, if I had to pick one. It'll change by next week though.

Just gonna share some Helicon Blue, Dallas' pre-Alexisonfire/City and Colour band, in case anyone hasn't heard them. not a hipster
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
Thank you, going to check some of that out later on.

I feel like I should share some of Wades other band seeing as we've done a lot of talking about Dallas but I'm not sure anyone here would appreciate it. Has anyone heard of the band Gallows? Now I loved loved loved them when Frank Carter was the vocalist but he stropped off and Wade stepped in. They're a mixture of punk and hardcore so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll link you to some of their better stuff - I won't be offended if noone wants to listen to them haha!

ImageImageImage

Mama_Phan
Informer
Informer

Post by Mama_Phan »

Lari thank you today I am feeling much better. I have to see a neurologist next month so then I might get some answers. Thank you again everyone for your concerns and get wells every one of you helped me more than you know.
Loving these music discussion I am going to check out all these new bands and I will get back to ya.
<3

Loki_Booman
Talker
Talker

Post by Loki_Booman »

if we are doing some music love up in here let me rec some good shit:

Ashestoangels: british goth punk band now using the term "new grave" for their genre (its punk theyre just precious little goths) song recs are Run, Dorian, Chases, Wintervention, Six Six Six.

Fearless Vampire Killers: possibly already heard of them they are a british rock band (usually if you get fvk you also get ashes and another band called dead) made of 5 utter losers who make excellent music (pro tip if fans arent really nice to this band paticularly one of the singers kier who is generally called "twat" this is out of love if you see someone say something homophobic then thats a hater.....it can be hard to tell them apart sometimes but fans arent homophobic because they arent welcome) song recs: Bleed Till Sunrise, Don Teriesto, Bow Ties on Dead Guys, Maeby, In Wonderous Rage.

Bad Pollyanna: Female fronted band here! Olivia is bamf and has killer vocals espcially live. song recs: Define Me, Monstrous Child, Invincible Girl

Homless Gospel Choir: this is a protest song just one dude. his name is Derek and he is an angel. his songs are all humorous whilst pointing out how incredibly fucked up the world is. best seen live to "get it". only gig i've been to where the entire crowd have cried and fallen over

Tate
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tate »

Has anyone here ever watched V-squared? The Vinny guy reminds me of a Dan-Joey Graceffa hybrid lol.

[youtube][/youtube]

Also, different from what everyone else is listening to right now, and definitely from what I usually listen to, but here is an afro-beat/ethio jazz group I came across a few months ago:

[youtube][/youtube]

AlexP
Informer
Informer

Post by AlexP »

Have fun at the concert timtam! I'm seeing Florence + the Machine in December. The fall is going to be good for me concert wise, also seeing Editors and Nightwish and hopefully IAMX. Does anyone know IAMX? I'm so attracted to Chris Corner it's slightly unhealthy.

I was just on a nostalgic youtube spree and I found that Alex Day video about the Cube (don't judge me, I wasn't looking for Alex Day videos, I found it through a list of unlisted D&P videos) and I vividly remember seeing that video when it was first uploaded...but apparently at the time the other guy wasn't really worth checking out, and neither was the random cute guy who poked his head in at the end of the video. What. Life is weird sometimes.

Tate
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tate »

AlexP said: "I'm seeing Florence + the Machine in December."

Ugh---I'm jealous. Have fun though.

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”