Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Gorillaz1236 wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:How is his recent tweet related to transmisogyny? You would think Tumblr would be praising him for saying that girls play video games. They keep toting around the over 50% of gamers are women statistics (and not doing their research as usual) and are constantly praising a bunch of professional victims for supposedly standing up against an industry that they think hates women.

I'll admit it was kinda dumb for him to say that because only a very vocal minority will deny that and he ain't doing anyone a favor by stating the obvious, but it has nothing to do with the trans community or hating anyone in general.

WTF is wrong with Tumblr?!
Oh fuck me with spikes.

I thought someone said something to Mark and he was putting his thoughts out. I mean he's stating the obvious but I guess he wants to reinforce it.

I hate that site so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And yet we're still on it. :rofl:

ilikecupcakes
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by ilikecupcakes »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:How is his recent tweet related to transmisogyny? You would think Tumblr would be praising him for saying that girls play video games. They keep toting around the over 50% of gamers are women statistics (and not doing their research as usual) and are constantly praising a bunch of professional victims for supposedly standing up against an industry that they think hates women.

I'll admit it was kinda dumb for him to say that because only a very vocal minority will deny that and he ain't doing anyone a favor by stating the obvious, but it has nothing to do with the trans community or hating anyone in general.

Tumblr is stupid. It's filled with a majority of sjw.
The whole issue started because someone made a post saying "markiplier sits your sexiest ass down" and since people were heavily praising him someone took it upon themself to call Mark a feminist and thats when people started brining up old shit like the transmisogynist issue and the raging feminist issue and just set the whole tag in flames again

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

Immabatman
Debater
Debater

Post by Immabatman »

ilikecupcakes wrote:Well the tag is up in flames again. Now people are upset or annoyed over Mark's tweet about girls playing video games and they're bringing up that transmisogynist bullshit.
Oh tumblr what a wonderful place..

Gosh. I just can say nothing about that, but I will try. It's just a tweet, and it's not so offensive this tweet (for me. was a little dumb, but okay for me. ). Tumblr it's a cancer that grows every moment, and it becomes increasingly difficult to find a cure for it. What happened in the past, stay in the past (if it has been resolved, so why will relate to that?). Back to something that has already been solved ( I think he post the apologize on tumblr. I can't remember right now ) will not help at all Tumblr, will only burn to your side.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

ilikecupcakes wrote:

Tumblr is stupid. It's filled with a majority of sjw.
The whole issue started because someone made a post saying "markiplier sits your sexiest ass down" and since people were heavily praising him someone took it upon themself to call Mark a feminist and thats when people started brining up old shit like the transmisogynist issue and the raging feminist issue and just set the whole tag in flames again

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Yeah that was weird. In a great example of bad timing to go along with the tweet, one person asked "Why is he a transmisogynist?" and everyone started up again. The person in question apologized, saying they didn't know it would stir trouble, but tumblr.

Then there was the person on tumblr (who I guess was different than the one who posted here earlier, since the messages were different?) who had turned his tweet upside down, talking about girls who play mind games on other people. So everything's a little fucked up right now apparently. :P

The SJWs have been out in force lately...they just ran Troy Baker of all people off of Twitter because he retweeted someone who insinuated Brett Michaels looks like a woman. I get how transphobia is still a big problem in the world, don't get me wrong, but social media has somehow managed to make "transphobia phobia" a thing now.

LangdonAlger
Learner
Learner

Post by LangdonAlger »

In Tumblrworld, if you to be explicitly affirmative that you support anyone who might be of a gender or sexual minority when you try to uplift people, otherwise you end up being accused of bigotry. So you have the SJ people holding up what he's saying as not 'enough'/too pat and then the people who already hate him for his supposed transmisogyny jumping on this as evidence that he hates trans people.

LangdonAlger
Learner
Learner

Post by LangdonAlger »

And because I can't edit my post - it would've been whined about as simple 'oh my god yet another male celeb says women' post if Tumblr didn't already have it out for him for the transmisogyny thing.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

Wow...um, I'm starting to think Tumblr is a lost cause, unfortunately. :( They argue over him like he's an object, like they don't realize that he sees what they're saying. Mark should just stick with Twitter and Facebook. I know Twitter can get creepy and spammy (is that a word?) at times, but there doesn't seem to be a "DOGPILE ON MARK!" mentality there. And FB...well, I think people tend to be a bit more laid-back when their real names and faces get involved. I barely go on there anymore, so I could be wrong. :rofl:

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Kierans wrote:Wow...um, I'm starting to think Tumblr is a lost cause, unfortunately. :( They argue over him like he's an object, like they don't realize that he sees what they're saying. Mark should just stick with Twitter and Facebook. I know Twitter can get creepy and spammy (is that a word?) at times, but there doesn't seem to be a "DOGPILE ON MARK!" mentality there. And FB...well, I think people tend to be a bit more laid-back when their real names and faces get involved. I barely go on there anymore, so I could be wrong. :rofl:
I've seen a few creepy posts on Facebook, but mostly it's a lot more self policed. Twitter though has this call-out dog-pile mentality as well. Look what just happened to Troy Baker. But nowadays Mark just seems to use Twitter mainly during livestreams since the Twitch chat is always packed. He hasn't really been that active on social media in general, I don't know if it's he's too busy or just sick of the bullshit.

But Tumblr is so toxic that it makes Youtube comments a world of sunshine and happiness and 4chan the nicest place online. :rofl:

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

Lmao I can't believe people are tearing that tweet apart. Especially since I think it could possibly be related to ~*the queen Suzy Berhow*~ Mark is filming the grumps Q&A(which is fucking stupid he has to because they have an intern now??) and in the latest one Suzy went all GIRLS CAN BE GAMERS TOO!!! Mark just happened to tweet that the day it was uploaded, so I just kind of assumed it was linked. Though I could be wrong and he is just trying to make a point. Either way the tweet literally just meant girls could play video games lol.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

kayuhsee wrote:Lmao I can't believe people are tearing that tweet apart. Especially since I think it could possibly be related to ~*the queen Suzy Berhow*~ Mark is filming the grumps Q&A(which is fucking stupid he has to because they have an intern now??) and in the latest one Suzy went all GIRLS CAN BE GAMERS TOO!!! Mark just happened to tweet that the day it was uploaded, so I just kind of assumed it was linked. Though I could be wrong and he is just trying to make a point. Either way the tweet literally just meant girls could play video games lol.
Of course it would be linked to Suzy, another stupid sjw who blindly supports professional victim 'critic' and thinks any criticism against her is sexist. :roll:

I swear the Grumps are more a hindrance to Mark above all else and are using his friend and fanboy status for their own benefits.

Post by Guest »

Tumblr upset over nothing, how surprising.

I wouldnt be surprised if Mark has adopted Suzy and Arin's point of view regarding a few choice women and people in the industry/related to it and it makes me a little sad because I though he'd be above all that tbh.

Arin, I tolerate barely and deeply pity and Suzy whom, I have strong feelings about let's just say :lol:

But they are DEFINITELY using Mark and his fans for views/popular and the one thing important to boss Arin and his Wife, money.

With the charity stream, They had Mark, he was giving out pointers and actually engaging the audience and being his usual God tier Charity Streaming self, and they were so incredibly blah, Ross wanted to play games and do shit, you'd think they'd ask him for actual advice, but considering how poorly it went, I highly doubt it and just asked him to join them to bring in more views/money.

Ross and Mark have good interactions and seemed to be actual good friends (interesting how Ross is also openly friends with Jon and speaks about him, but thats another thing all together) I want to see them interact and talk more, I enjoy the vids they've done together.

I want to See a vid with Mark and Danny, but I dont know if I could handle all that beautiful tbh

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

frogert wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if Mark has adopted Suzy and Arin's point of view regarding a few choice women and people in the industry/related to it and it makes me a little sad because I though he'd be above all that tbh.
I don't know much about the topic...but what point of view do Suzy and Arin have regarding them?

And yeah, @kayusee, I don't get why Mark needs to be filming for them either, or helping them out at all, really. :roll:

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 »

Ugh, I am so sick of these faux-feminists who make the rest of us look stupid. I honestly can't believe they tagged him for this. It was clearly a joke. There's no way that it was anything BUT a joke. I truly wish there was an IQ test for feminism, and you weren't allowed to claim it if you didn't get a high enough score...

I'm not a huge fan of the Grumps. I understand that Mark likes them, but I've never found their videos interesting. Even the one where Mark played Table Flip with them was barely tolerable. The two Grumpcade series that he did with them--I couldn't get through them. I just don't like their style and I don't like Mark's style when he's with them. I couldn't sit through more than half an hour of that stream. Even Mark wasn't enough to keep me there.

As for James and the fan video--I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he knows that people may get hurt. I don't know him, I admit that, but to put that disclaimer on there is the same as admitting that he frankly doesn't care just as long as he gets good footage. He thinks the disclaimer will save him from lawsuits but, like Kei said, he's encouraging kids to do something dangerous. That won't fly in any court in the country. Maybe he's honestly just that blinded by the idea of fame that he thinks any publicity is good publicity. Never mind that, if something happens and Mark's name gets dragged into this, it's going to do irreparable damage to Mark. Not just to his reputation but to Mark himself.

I honestly wish I didn't care, because I don't really have time to care. But I do care and I will probably keep caring. :rofl:
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

Post by Guest »

Kierans wrote:
frogert wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if Mark has adopted Suzy and Arin's point of view regarding a few choice women and people in the industry/related to it and it makes me a little sad because I though he'd be above all that tbh.
I don't know much about the topic...but what point of view do Suzy and Arin have regarding them?

And yeah, @kayusee, I don't get why Mark needs to be filming for them either, or helping them out at all, really. :roll:
Very much pro them, has met a certain professional victim/scammer and tweeted about it, both follow that person on twitter as well.

Ugh, the more I think about Mark, buying that shit the more mad I get, ARIN AIN'T SHIT MARK.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

frogert wrote:
Very much pro them, has met a certain professional victim/scammer and tweeted about it, both follow that person on twitter as well.

Ugh, the more I think about Mark, buying that shit the more mad I get, ARIN AIN'T SHIT MARK.
I'm hoping he doesn't start toting around that con artist's bullshit. He's not following her on Twitter, then again he might be on the blockbot because of some of his contacts. And he was in the Game Jam with another professional victim whom I will not name because just saying it is harassment now. :roll:

But Mark at least seems ethical in terms of gaming. When Blizzard contacted him to cosplay and play Hearthstone with a fancy new laptop at Blizzcon, Mark stated right off the bat that he was not paid to endorse the laptop and it was all his personal opinion on it. Also that co-op game he did with Bob and Wade, they all openly stated they were contacted by the developers to make a video of the game, but also chose to donate to various charities. And he's always making sure during his charity livestreams to be as transparent as possible.

So he's still a lot better than Suzy and Arin in that regard, but I really hope they don't make him drink the Kool-aid.

ilikecupcakes
Talker
Talker

Post by ilikecupcakes »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
frogert wrote:

I'm hoping he doesn't start toting around that con artist's bullshit. He's not following her on Twitter, then again he might be on the blockbot because of some of his contacts. And he was in the Game Jam with another professional victim whom I will not name because just saying it is harassment now. :roll:

But Mark at least seems ethical in terms of gaming. When Blizzard contacted him to cosplay and play Hearthstone with a fancy new laptop at Blizzcon, Mark stated right off the bat that he was not paid to endorse the laptop and it was all his personal opinion on it. Also that co-op game he did with Bob and Wade, they all openly stated they were contacted by the developers to make a video of the game, but also chose to donate to various charities. And he's always making sure during his charity livestreams to be as transparent as possible.

So he's still a lot better than Suzy and Arin in that regard, but I really hope they don't make him drink the Kool-aid.
Didn't Suzy like rip people off on here etsy? People still praise her like some goddess and she can do no wrong. The game grumps even blocked the issue on reddit so people couldn't talk about it.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

ilikecupcakes wrote: Didn't Suzy like rip people off on here etsy? People still praise her like some goddess and she can do no wrong. The game grumps even blocked the issue on reddit so people couldn't talk about it.
Yep. She lied about where she was getting her supplies I believe and charged more than they were worth. Then when people complained, she threw up a fake apology, didn't offer any substantial discount, then hid while her husband white knighted like a bitch.

No wonder she sides with con artists. And Mark's in the thick of it. Doesn't help Me$$ is also an open sjw as well. Apparently Molly is as well.

Although from what he said in the recent livestream, he cares about women's issues, but thinks stuff in the US is minimal compared to injustices in the Middle East. He also had such a backlash from his Forest commentary by saying a guy should be allowed to defend himself if a woman is hitting him. Plus with all the bullshit on Tumblr this year, I think he doesn't really want to push any agendas, just play games.

ilikecupcakes
Talker
Talker

Post by ilikecupcakes »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
ilikecupcakes wrote: Didn't Suzy like rip people off on here etsy? People still praise her like some goddess and she can do no wrong. The game grumps even blocked the issue on reddit so people couldn't talk about it.
Yep. She lied about where she was getting her supplies I believe and charged more than they were worth. Then when people complained, she threw up a fake apology, didn't offer any substantial discount, then hid while her husband white knighted like a bitch.

No wonder she sides with con artists. And Mark's in the thick of it. Doesn't help Me$$ is also an open sjw as well. Apparently Molly is as well.

Although from what he said in the recent livestream, he cares about women's issues, but thinks stuff in the US is minimal compared to injustices in the Middle East. He also had such a backlash from his Forest commentary by saying a guy should be allowed to defend himself if a woman is hitting him. Plus with all the bullshit on Tumblr this year, I think he doesn't really want to push any agendas, just play games.
Me$$ is just a mess and needs to have several seats. Molly is a sjw? Jesus christ Mark is just surrounded be sjw's. Damn. Mark needs better people to hang around. With that whole Forest commentary, I remember I had said something on tumblr about him not being a sexiest person who wants women to be beat and man the backlash was bad. Tumblr is not the place to be if you don't agree with them.

boldnewtaste
Informer
Informer

Post by boldnewtaste »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Although from what he said in the recent livestream, he cares about women's issues, but thinks stuff in the US is minimal compared to injustices in the Middle East. He also had such a backlash from his Forest commentary by saying a guy should be allowed to defend himself if a woman is hitting him. Plus with all the bullshit on Tumblr this year, I think he doesn't really want to push any agendas, just play games.
yeah with the forest commentary, that was one of the best instances of tumblr seeing a quote, not looking at the source, taking it out of context, and running the slander campaign at full force. he worded it kinda weird at first but fixed it pretty quickly in the conversation. then he come out with the "i was abused" post which was like... ehh, better ways to go about that, dude. that didn't sit well with me (not that i'm unsympathetic to his situation btw)

Return to “Markiplier”