Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PrettyBLANDLivng(LikeJen) Part 73

Post by Snobbitch »

So glad I wasn't the only one who read it wrong :rofl:

Holidaydressofchoice

Post by Holidaydressofchoice »

I saw that as I typed it too and thought somehow it just made sense. ;)

OrganizedLisa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by OrganizedLisa »

Holidaydressofchoice wrote:I would like to suggest toddlershavingbabies
Yep, shaving. I was like, what the actual f... I just figured it was cocktail hour! :lol:
Snobbitch wrote:I think we go basic PrettyPregnantLivng as a bat call to all the old timers who don't really read here anymore or follow Jen on a regular basis.
That is an excellent point, ygmv.

PrettyPREGNANTLivng(LikeJen)

velvet-guru
Debater
Debater

Post by velvet-guru »

I feel bad for people who w
GeneticStubbornness wrote:
Donsadope wrote:
Athletic Calves wrote:I have never been able to get pregnant. I guess my body was just not ready for "conception and implantation." I do not want to seem to be making light of the situation, but I swear Jen is quoting this out of a book...who talks like that?

I am getting to be an age where it is risky to conceive a child due to an increase in Down Syndrome, etc. What I do notice is that I often feel discriminated at work. There is only one other woman who does not have children. We are often given the very difficult and time-intensive projects (usually involving travel as well). We both feel the ladies who have kids are treated more kindly and given special treatment (e.g., "oh, your toddler is sick? That is okay. You can take the day off again!").

I guess I am a bit pissy as it just hits me doubly hard- I want a child and have not been able to conceive and then get treated like shit at work b/c I don't have kids. :x I HATE when people ask me if I have kids...OR when I am at a social gathering and EVERYONE is talking about their kids.

The last thing I want is to hear Jennifer Ross banging on about her conception and kid. :roll:
I agree completely. I don't have children and am sick and tired of taking up the slack at work for people who do.

I don't want to go too OT so I'll just say comments and opinions like this seriously piss me off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
seriously. i feel very bad for people who want children but can't have them. but those are some issues you have to work through instead of being angry at mother's in the work place. it is fucking hard to be a working mom and given that children and families benefit our society (because i would like to one day get a pension and someone younger than me has to be working!) i want to make our society one that helps parents. and i say that as someone who doesn't have and doesn't want kids. yeah moms have it so easy...especially in the US where there is no mandatory maternity leave! where work is precarious and a job with health benefits isn't guaranteed. where child care is ridiculously expensive. where you have to work from 8:30 am - 5 pm then go home and do a second shift of caring for children. yes having kids is option but how narrow minded and self centred do you have to be to try and discourage women from working while raising families? yuck. these are such disgusting 'me me me' attitudes that quite frankly sound terribly bitter. there is a reason why the countries with the best parental leave packages and universal health care and child care are some of the best to live in.

Tilzeladas15
Talker
Talker

Post by Tilzeladas15 »

I must say although I read it wrong at first the title or idea of toddlers having babies isn't bad... But I don't think people will recognize who the thread is about

CampJulie
Informer
Informer

Post by CampJulie »

DipDipDipMyBlueShip wrote:Some people :shock: They hope there's no nonsense, yet they comment some weird thing about knowing and being sure, yet they were completely wrong. They are the wacko in this situation lol. The response though :lol:

What's hilarious is Jen was miserable in Italy. That's what pregnancy looks like on Jen to this viewer?

There are soo many "I knew it!" "I could tell!" etc etc comments and it's such a joke.
formerly holly

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

Alot of times pregnant women temporarily get thicker hair because their hair falls out less. I wonder if Jen's will thicken at all. It would make a huge difference if it even came back to the level it was at when she first started blessing the world with her creative content.

MattressCrowSoapJar
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by MattressCrowSoapJar »

CampJulie wrote:
DipDipDipMyBlueShip wrote:Some people :shock: They hope there's no nonsense, yet they comment some weird thing about knowing and being sure, yet they were completely wrong. They are the wacko in this situation lol. The response though :lol:

What's hilarious is Jen was miserable in Italy. That's what pregnancy looks like on Jen to this viewer?

There are soo many "I knew it!" "I could tell!" etc etc comments and it's such a joke.
I THINK the crazy woman is talking about Jen's Italy packing videos that she posted a few days ago, not the vlogs. If so, that's partly Jen's fault for posting year-old content without making it clear that it's really old content. It wasn't just this woman - I saw several people in the comments wishing her a safe trip.

Tilzeladas15
Talker
Talker

Post by Tilzeladas15 »

Well she did post a message at the beginning of the videos that they were filmed during last fall but I guess people didn't bother to read the message. I also saw people commenting on how it was weird to decorate for Halloween in July because she mentioned it in the video which I thought was funny.

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:Alot of times pregnant women temporarily get thicker hair because their hair falls out less. I wonder if Jen's will thicken at all. It would make a huge difference if it even came back to the level it was at when she first started blessing the world with her creative content.
The after pregnancy hair falling out will be awful for her.

Velvet-guru, I don't think anyone is hating on working moms. I think we all have stories about people at work that are not fair. This is not about work. I find it offensive you are calling people bitter and disgusting. Take a step back and look at the emotions. It's venting.

JFC can we not turn this thread into a mommy fight? :(

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

FLOSSY77 wrote:
JFC can we not turn this thread into a mommy fight? :(
Too late :(

DipDipDipMyBlueShip