Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bath and Body Works

Post by Maris Crane »

Paris Amour.

I hate going in there though - it's like being a bee stuck in a hive. With the exception of one of the locations here, the rest have sales(girls, primarily) who must have crazy sales goals, judging by how quickly & strongly they swarm... :o I have no idea what the higher-ups are teaching 'em, but in 90% of the locations here, employees are way too enthusiastic and/or pushy.

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

Paris Amour :love2:

berryfrezh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by berryfrezh »

I might be one crazy female because I generally dislike B&BW now. In HS I had a giant tote full of their stuff but now I don't own anything. :?

They discontiuned the greatest smell they ever had and never brought anything similar to it out since (that I've found at least). Frozen Daiquiri was so heavenly. I miss it ever so.

I keep hearing people rant and rave about their candles, I'm a Yankee Candle kinda gal but if a sale is catchy enough I might invest.

Post by Guest »

My favorite candle is Cranberry Peach Bellini or just Peach Bellini, they smell the same to me. I'm not a huge candle person but this scent is just heavenly. My all-time favorite scent is Sweet Pea (pretty boring, I know) but I also really love Be Enchanted and Charmed Life.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Bath & Body Works

Post by Diorette »

Do you know in which month they start selling their winter collection? I'm not from the states and I'm trying to go in October to get some of their winter products.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Bath & Body Works

Post by smashthebox »

Which candles are you looking for? I already bought 2 of their Leaves candles (that's the fall line though I think). You can look online too, that would probably give good indication, I know the website is US, but other countries probably go along the same way.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I'm looking for the Vanilla Bean Noel body mist :)

Uhlizubeth
Informer
Informer

Post by Uhlizubeth »

I'm not really into their sprays/lotions/soaps/scrubs. They smell good but I dont think that they ever smell amazing or worth buying, they don't even hang around long enough for me. The only thing I ever buy from there are the 5 for $5 hand sanitizers... Which I Love lol they always discontinue my most loved scents though :(

L1Z
Informer
Informer

Post by L1Z »

i was just in yesterday because i had a coupon and wanted to pick up the 2/15 mason candles (one in leaves and one in marshmallow fireside) i got a mini hand lotion in white citrus for free and it smells really good, but my favorite hand cream is still soap & glory hand food. the only things i really buy from b&bw anymore are candles, wallflower refills, scentportable refills, and hand sanitizers. also i really like their aromatherapy line, the lavender & vanilla is my favorite.

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

Diorette wrote:I'm looking for the Vanilla Bean Noel body mist :)
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/bath-and-body-w ... -noel-mist

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

I really honestly don't like B&BW stuff :S The products to me are mostly for scent. To me they aren't sophisticated and all and smell very generic >_< Their lotions and body butters don't absorb well into the skin since they are full of petrolatum/mineral oil. They just sit on my skin :?

The candles are okay, but the only scent I truly like is Peach Bellini.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin is my all-time favorite B&BW scent. It's not even a competition.

The only scents that could come close were discontinued. :( Drenched Apple Blossom is amazing, and the Wild Sweet Daffodil lotion. When they introduced Beautiful Day it reminded me of Wild Sweet Daffodil, but it's not the same at all. Sad times.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

fossilfinger wrote:Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin is my all-time favorite B&BW scent. It's not even a competition.

The only scents that could come close were discontinued. :( Drenched Apple Blossom is amazing, and the Wild Apple Daffodil lotion. When they introduced Beautiful Day it reminded me of Wild Apple Daffodil, but it's not the same at all. Sad times.

growlithe
Informer
Informer

Bath and Body Works

Post by growlithe »

Okay, I searched the board, and there doesn't seem to be a general B&BW thread, so I'm making one just now.
I'm thinking about asking my mom to get some stuff for me at the semi-annual sale, but I'm not sure what besides C.O. Bigelow Cinnamint Lip Balm. I'm also not sure what my mother can actually ship to me here.
I'm currently a bit obsessed with this shop, and as an expat I'm missing it dearly. There's really nothing like it in the UK. There's Body Shop and Lush, but those are different. And it seems I'm not the only UK resident who wishes they had a presence here, so I wrote a letter to them asking if they would ever come here.
So, Bath and Body Works general: What are your favourites? Have you picked anything up at the semi-annual sale? Are there any vintage scents that you miss, that bring you back to junior high? Does anyone else still have the little metal charms that decorated the nail polish bottles in the late 90s?
Hopefully this thread is appropriate for this section of the board. If not, then I'm bad at paying attention and should feel bad.
xx

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

B&BW is my favorite, so much so that I'm actually in a focus group that tests some of their products before they're released. I never wear perfumes because they're too strong for me, so I practically live in BBW lotions and fragrance mists.

I really have no idea what shipping restrictions are :? but I can tell you what I like best and what I think you should try! Lol

Candles are always a big one with me. I love every scent in their candles, especially when they're only $9, but Rainforest Sugarcane is my absolute favorite, probably ever. It's a brand new scent, so it's not part of the vintage throwbacks...but still worth it. It's amazing. Like sweet and grass and rain. You really can't go wrong with most of their candles, although some are funky (there's one now, I think it's Summer Boardwalk, that smells like popcorn and burning rubber that's just odd...) but most of them are amazing. Others I recommend: Beach Day, Espresso Bar, Tokyo Petals, Honeysuckle, Coconut Leaves, Ice Cream Shop, Endless Weekend, Cheers To Capri, Hawaiian Hibiscus, Oceanside, Watermelon Lemonade and Caribbean Escape.

Their signature collection is always worth it, imo. I don't think the regular lotions are worth it, but the body creams, shower gels and fragrance mists are definitely fantastic. I don't know if they can all be shipped overseas, but if they can DEFINITELY at least get some of the mists and shower gels. Some of the retro must-haves for me are Black Raspberry Vanilla, Cucumber Melon, Wild Honeysuckle and Brown Sugar & Fig. Those are the only comebacks that I was interested in this year. And then some recommendations from the newer collections: London Tulips and Raspberry Tea, Tokyo Lotus and Apple Blossom, Golden Magnolia Sun, Violet Lily Sky, Oahu Coconut Sunset and Maui Hibiscus Beach.

And I'm not sure if you're into the hand soaps / pocket sanitizer products, but I think they're worth it in a sale like this. Like the candles, it's hard to go wrong with scents when you're picking up soaps. Pretty much everything has a nice fragrance. Although I will recommend not buying the foaming hand soaps, if you do get some. They're nice and all, but they run out SO much quicker than a regular gel soap.

And last but not least, if you can find the LIP BUTTERS definitely check them out. They're not the same as the other ones, these are relatively new (I think they're flavored like the Fresh Picked like..peach, strawberry, etc). I haven't found them online, and I've only seen them in a few stores but I love love love mine. It smells delicious and it's actually a really solid lip balm. It reminds me of the Nivea lip butters with better colors.

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

Japanese Cherry Blossom, Cotton, Warm Vanilla Sugar, Dancing Waters are my favorites. Sure I'm forgetting a few

I always hoard the hand sanitizers. I have a bag full of them somewhere in my house.
I'm also a fan of their air fresheners too, the Wall Flower? I think that's what's called. Also have the thing that is similar for your car.

I haven't used their soaps in a LONG time. Maybe I should go buy some lol!
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

growlithe
Informer
Informer

Post by growlithe »

Lip butters! I'll ask my mom to keep an eye out for those (lippy is like 3 for 2 on the site right now, maybe it's the same in store?), and candles she can ship to me as well. I can't burn them in my dorm room, but I remember some of the scents were lovely, and a bit strong, and I'll be looking at getting an apartment in a few months anyway where I can have candles again. One I got last year was called Boat House, and was kind of a masculine scent, but I loved it. I actually like a couple of the mens' things... the Bigelow shaving cream I got for my bro one xmas, but out of curiosity had to try for myself later, and it was wonderful. The amber scented mens' stuff is pretty nice as well. But when I actually want to smell like a lady, I go for Moonlit Path or Country Chic, but I'm dying to try Beautiful Day. I like the aromatherapy stuff as well... I've got some aromatherapy rollerball from them that I've had for years, and it's like... supposed to be for energy or something... I'm shocked I haven't used it all up already, because it smells like orange/lemon candy.
Oh yea the portable wallflowers... scentportables they were called? I had one in my car, and it was the leather scented one, so my car would smell like leather and I could pretend it was a much fancier car. :P
The thing is I'm not sure my mom can ship liquids to me, but maybe gels like lip balm would be okay...? And I can buy stuff on the site and have it shipped to hers, but there's a lot of different stuff in the shop as well.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I love their candles and body mists, I have so many of them. :D My absolute favourite is of course Vanilla Bean Noel, I've always wanted to tried it but I'm not from the states and I only go there like twice-three times a year in spring-summer so they never had it, I smelled it for the first time when a classmate took a bottle to school and I fell in love but was depressed because I didn't know back then that ebay existed lol. Long story short, now I have 5 bottles of it lol and I can get endless supplies from ebay.

MadmoiselleLayla
Informer
Informer

Post by MadmoiselleLayla »

I absolutely love Warm Vanilla Sugar, Sweet Pea, Beautiful Day, and during the holidays I absolutely adore Winter Candy Apple! On another note, I always have horrible luck with there candles. They always seem to smoke with me! I love the scents, but I'm just on the fence about them.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

I must admit, I'm not a huge B&BW fan (what can I say; I don't get all excited shopping for candles) but I do have some favourites:

- Shea Cashmere line shampoo & conditioner
- Paris Amour EDT perfume
- CO Bigelow lip salves - I find both the Original Rosebud and the other versions (like lavender) are all equally good. HG lip balm for me.
- Pocket Bac's.

Return to “Bath and Body Works”