Markiplier - Part 2

T_f
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 2

Post by T_f »

It'd be nice for Mark to do the new Corpse Party, especially since he's wrapping up Fnaf4. I prefer his longer play throughs instead of his recent games he was playing before. But now that I'm thinking about it, he might have been avoiding long playthroughs with all the conventions he's been going to. *shrugs*

Laduree
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Laduree »

I kind of want him to play Alice madness returns, I dont know why.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Laduree wrote:I kind of want him to play Alice madness returns, I dont know why.
That I'd like to see too! I'm glad Pewds didn't continue with that one. Too many period jokes imo. :rofl:

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 »

I don't mean to change the subject, but I was just watching some old Drunk Minecraft episodes and came across one called Masters of the Arena or something like that. Anyway, a guy (kid? girl?) who was playing with them pissed Mark off because he did something wrong and Mark laid into him. I couldn't help thinking how that guy must have felt. He was obviously a fan of Mark's, or at least someone who knew who he was (this was back in 2012), and Mark just ripped him a new one right there in front of everyone. It must have been even worse if the guy watched the episode and heard what Mark was saying about him.

It's been a long time ago and the guy has probably learned to laugh about it by now but this is the first time I've seen it. I can't help thinking that even at that point in his career, he could have seriously hurt someone just by blowing off steam. It certainly makes me look at him differently. He may very well be sorry for it, if he remembers it at all. I'll try not to hold a grudge because it did happen a long time ago but I can't shake the disgruntled feeling that I have about it.

I know it's off topic and it's old news, but I am usually late to the game so forgive me for bringing it up now. It just really, really bothered me.
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

I am a fan of Corpse Party. It would be nice to see him do a play through of CP, though those games can sometimes seem like a graphic novel rather than a video game because of just how much the story matters over anything else. Would he rip it apart because of the seemingly lack of gameplay compared to the abundance of story? He seemingly liked the original, though. As long as he actually likes the game, I won't be disappointed like I was with his play through of Fatal Frame 2.

Also, agreed, Psych.

As far as FNAF goes, him and Pewds can agree to disagree. I will as well.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

shyguyflys wrote:I am a fan of Corpse Party. It would be nice to see him do a play through of CP, though those games can sometimes seem like a graphic novel rather than a video game because of just how much the story matters over anything else. Would he rip it apart because of the seemingly lack of gameplay compared to the abundance of story. The game requires full immersion. As long as he actually likes the game, I won't be disappointed like I was with his play through of Fatal Frame 2.

Also, agreed, Psych.
Well to be fair Corpse Party originated via RPG Maker where the graphics and gameplay are limited, so story tends to be the main focus of those kind of games. I think he'd expect that since he's played RPG Maker horror games before like the original Corpse Party, Witch's House, Mad Father, Ib, and many others.

Granted Book of Shadows is almost straight up a visual novel, but there's still the elements of the first title in there. And the upcoming ones, Blood Drive and Dead Patient, look more gameplay driven from what I've seen while still focusing on the story.

Plus with some of the brutal wrong ends where literally all you get is the audio and voice acting, I think he'd get some good scares out of it.

boldnewtaste
Informer
Informer

Post by boldnewtaste »

there are games that i unselfishly want mark to play because they are games that i like :P
(such as: the original spyro games, a cult favorite called "beyond good and evil", maybe not the entire RE series but just RE4, psychonauts, kentucky route zero... i think he might get an existential /stressful kick out of "papers, please". and i'm on the look out for two indie-horror games in the making, sound of silence and allison road)

Laduree
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Laduree »

I dont like FNAF at all, I do understand that it's scary and thrilling or whatever but I'm just not into it, I hope we'll be seeing a long series again soon with a great story cus that's what brought me into the markiplier community in the first place, offcourse I understand the filler video's since there's only so many things to play out there. I also understand that he had to play FNAF since that's what made his channel explode to an even bigger number and alot of people like it. I'm just getting sick of it and I really hope they won't be making another sequel tbh.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

Psych, I just went and watched part of the video...and wow. In his defense, it is an old, drunken video, but he really was being a huge jerk. :roll: It's one thing to yell at people in-game, but when that yelling gets put on Youtube, you might want to tone it down a bit. He kept talking about it, too. Sheesh.
Laduree wrote:I kind of want him to play Alice madness returns, I dont know why.
Me too! I actually posted on Reddit about this game a little while ago. I've never played it, but it seems like something he might like. I never got into Corpse Party because I couldn't stand the graphics. Funny, because I loved Witch's House and Ib.

I have high hopes for Soma, and would like to see him play that one when it comes out as well.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

Laduree wrote:I dont like FNAF at all, I do understand that it's scary and thrilling or whatever but I'm just not into it, I hope we'll be seeing a long series again soon with a great story cus that's what brought me into the markiplier community in the first place, offcourse I understand the filler video's since there's only so many things to play out there. I also understand that he had to play FNAF since that's what made his channel explode to an even bigger number and alot of people like it. I'm just getting sick of it and I really hope they won't be making another sequel tbh.
Well, Scott's apparently making DLC for this one, so we'll have to sit through a few more episodes, at least. :roll: I like FNAF's storyline, but the jumpscares are too much for me.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Laduree wrote:I dont like FNAF at all, I do understand that it's scary and thrilling or whatever but I'm just not into it, I hope we'll be seeing a long series again soon with a great story cus that's what brought me into the markiplier community in the first place, offcourse I understand the filler video's since there's only so many things to play out there. I also understand that he had to play FNAF since that's what made his channel explode to an even bigger number and alot of people like it. I'm just getting sick of it and I really hope they won't be making another sequel tbh.
I have a feeling Scott is gonna milk this golden cow for all its worth. He's already got DLC planned for 4. I suspect a 5 may be in the works or some kind of spin-off.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
shyguyflys wrote:I am a fan of Corpse Party. It would be nice to see him do a play through of CP, though those games can sometimes seem like a graphic novel rather than a video game because of just how much the story matters over anything else. Would he rip it apart because of the seemingly lack of gameplay compared to the abundance of story. The game requires full immersion. As long as he actually likes the game, I won't be disappointed like I was with his play through of Fatal Frame 2.

Also, agreed, Psych.
Well to be fair Corpse Party originated via RPG Maker where the graphics and gameplay are limited, so story tends to be the main focus of those kind of games. I think he'd expect that since he's played RPG Maker horror games before like the original Corpse Party, Witch's House, Mad Father, Ib, and many others.

Granted Book of Shadows is almost straight up a visual novel, but there's still the elements of the first title in there. And the upcoming ones, Blood Drive and Dead Patient, look more gameplay driven from what I've seen while still focusing on the story.

Plus with some of the brutal wrong ends where literally all you get is the audio and voice acting, I think he'd get some good scares out of it.
I would argue that CP isn't so much scary as it is a story that keeps you on your toes. There's always something unexpected happening. My comment was made specifically with Book of Shadows in mind, if he was to play that game.

I'm still very upset with his play through to FF2, though. You could tell after very few videos of that game that he wasn't enjoying himself. He should have just stopped playing, even if it meant not finishing the game.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
I have a feeling Scott is gonna milk this golden cow for all its worth. He's already got DLC planned for 4. I suspect a 5 may be in the works or some kind of spin-off.
I sometimes want to say that I feel like it's greed at this point because he's making a TON of money from these games. The game is even getting a movie. Four games within a year speaks for itself...

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

shyguyflys wrote: I sometimes want to say that I feel like it's greed at this point because he's making a TON of money from these games. The game is even getting a movie. Four games within a year speaks for itself...
Granted for a one man operation, he's a pretty hard worker getting four games out so quickly, and likely on a limited budget. Don't see that with the AAA guys unless it's Call of Duty. :rofl:

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

shyguyflys wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
I sometimes want to say that I feel like it's greed at this point because he's making a TON of money from these games. The game is even getting a movie. Four games within a year speaks for itself...
I don't blame him. I don't agree with the way he's released the games (putting out the demo RIGHT before the main game, releasing during Vidcon), but I don't blame him. Did you see his post on the Steam forum? Dude had nothing before FNAF. If I were in his shoes, I may have done the same once the money started pouring in.

nerd_bird
Learner
Learner

Post by nerd_bird »

I feel like this might be worth mentioning on the topic of Scott http://steamcommunity.com/app/388090/di ... 414847401/

I'm not feeling too picky when it comes to longer games, I just want to see something with a little more substance on the channel, I don't care what
Chirp chirp goes the lurker bird :v

Laduree
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Laduree »

Kierans wrote:
shyguyflys wrote: I sometimes want to say that I feel like it's greed at this point because he's making a TON of money from these games. The game is even getting a movie. Four games within a year speaks for itself...
I don't blame him. I don't agree with the way he's released the games (putting out the demo RIGHT before the main game, releasing during Vidcon), but I don't blame him. Did you see his post on the Steam forum? Dude had nothing before FNAF. If I were in his shoes, I may have done the same once the money started pouring in.
I would do the same if i'm honest, I just hope he'll come up with something else cus I can't even begin to tell you how much I dislike FNAF at this point, I dont dislike the guy who made it I just don't like how it's EVERYWHERE now.

On another topic, Mark has probably ditched the glasses for good I feel.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

nerd_bird wrote:I feel like this might be worth mentioning on the topic of Scott http://steamcommunity.com/app/388090/di ... 414847401/

I'm not feeling too picky when it comes to longer games, I just want to see something with a little more substance on the channel, I don't care what
Well that says something about Scott. Props where it's due I guess.

I agree I miss Mark's longer LPs. That's some of my favorite LPs he's done.

Edit: I like him better with glasses, but I don't mind the no glasses.

elaidara
Learner
Learner

Post by elaidara »

boldnewtaste wrote:there are games that i unselfishly want mark to play because they are games that i like :P
(such as: the original spyro games, a cult favorite called "beyond good and evil", maybe not the entire RE series but just RE4, psychonauts, kentucky route zero... i think he might get an existential /stressful kick out of "papers, please". and i'm on the look out for two indie-horror games in the making, sound of silence and allison road)
\

Papers, Please would be a really good one. He's detail-oriented enough to the point where it shouldn't be too hard, and the commentary could be interesting.

Immabatman
Debater
Debater

Post by Immabatman »

Or silent hill 2, or sniper elite 3, or skyrim. SO MANY GAMES TO PLAY :rofl:

Return to “Markiplier”