Been thanked: 0

Re: PrettyNeatLivingLikeJen Part 72

Post by loopyloo »

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR wrote:
FLOSSY77 wrote:Image

Ohhh Flossy... I am dying... This is hilarious!! :respekt:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl:

I would so love it if Gordon could try the spinach squares and so rare it moos burger surprise.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

Hi first time poster to the Jen thread...This "Pretty Neat Living Launch" explanation video is the most unintentionally hilarious video I have ever watched. She is acting like this is a life changing decision that took a lot of soul searching. It is pretty obvious she just wanted to spend more money and had run out of ideas on what to buy and how to justify it. :rofl:

Athletic Calves
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Athletic Calves »

wax on wrote:Oh good, more content about her content. :roll:

She kept describing ipso as "seamless"... she really is delusional. This whole rebranding has been a far cry from seamless.

Winnie gets us.

Poor little Winnie. I cannot even see her eyes, nose or mouth! If nothing else, Jen needs to trim the hair on Winnie's face.

In other news, her "launch" video was ridiculous. I swear I heard her say in a vlog recently that the folks from Ipso came up with adding the "living" to "pretty neat" not her family. Does anyone else remember that? Is this another Jen lie/fabrication?
Formerly KittyGlitter

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR

Post by OtherwiseKnownAsWIR »

Whoever said she'd get all corporate and start saying "we" called it...

"We are now onto OrganizedJen 2.0... Or Pretty Neat Living"

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR wrote:Whoever said she'd get all corporate and start saying "we" called it...

Is that a real quote from the video?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

Welcome deltanu2 :D

Loopyloo, my firsts thoughts on this bidnuss crap was she was trying to bide some time.
She told Don let me get my yt and blog on a new path before we try for a baby. Claiming this is her career and blah blah.

Now if she is having trouble getting pregnant I feel bad for her. Maybe this was just throwing money away to hide the hurt and feel important.

I always sense tension between Jen and Don when the children subject comes up. Hampton's blog at the end. Am I just imagining it?

:? I can't say I have a real opinion anymore. She just puzzles me. She talked about kids before.
Did Jill have a condition or was she just enjoying being a couple for a while?

The whole topic to me is like what is the smoke monster :rofl:

I about spit out my tea when she said 2.0 :lol:

mangojt
Learner
Learner

Post by mangojt »

Honorary Melissa wrote:
Imp wrote:It's quite funny to listen to Jen explain designing. I do have slight sympathy with Ipso though, she must have been a bloody nightmare to work for, sorry with.

Does anyone here do or have a good understanding of coding? She was going on about how they coded her site completely from scratch, which made it sound like they've developed their own content management system they can use for clients. But when I check the page source code I'm seeing '/wp-content/' in there. I see the same sort of code on my old portfolio site that I just made using a customised wordpress theme hosted on my own web space. Does that mean they have done something similar or should I keep wearing the coding dunce cap?
She's using Wordpress, they just coded a custom theme.
Huh, looking at the source code it is on the Wordpress platform, but she really, really makes it sound like she isn't using Wordpress. So either Ipso threw their hands up after her insistence that they create a new blogging platform and told her it was from scratch, or she's intentionally trying to make it sound fancier than it is in the video. Here's what she says at 17:10:
They basically built that site for me from scratch. They didn't use a Wordpress theme, or anything that was already made. They have two coders, two developers who built it from scratch, and it is just amazing.

And the reasoning behind doing this - which, it is more expensive to be honest - but, it's... it, I don't really know yet, because I haven't really experienced the new site long enough, but apparently it's supposed to allow for a more seamless user experience.
Love that last bit. "I paid a lot for this, and I haven't really seen the benefit but they TOTALLY told me it was worth it!"

cashcow
Informer
Informer

Post by cashcow »

I was looking for something fresh and different and she launched sitting at the end of her bed in her boring room like always. :rofl: It is summer go outside,go to your craftroom anywhere but there! :(

mariella
Informer
Informer

Post by mariella »

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR wrote:Whoever said she'd get all corporate and start saying "we" called it...

Ha! I called it! So proud right now :D
http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 7#p1599557

No honestly, she is just so predictable it's painful...

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

Why does she keep including the mop in photos?! She is all over the website and now in the video thumbnail. I am really not sure it is doing her image any good. I don't look at a woman who is sitting with a bored lapdog with bows in her hair and think, 'yes, I will take advice from her'.
FLOSSY77 wrote:Welcome deltanu2 :D

Loopyloo, my firsts thoughts on this bidnuss crap was she was trying to bide some time.
She told Don let me get my yt and blog on a new path before we try for a baby. Claiming this is her career and blah blah.

Now if she is having trouble getting pregnant I feel bad for her. Maybe this was just throwing money away to hide the hurt and feel important.

I always sense tension between Jen and Don when the children subject comes up. Hampton's blog at the end. Am I just imagining it?

:? I can't say I have a real opinion anymore. She just puzzles me. She talked about kids before.
Did Jill have a condition or was she just enjoying being a couple for a while?
Or maybe Jill was hoping for some more acting jobs or maybe scared of getting fat (actresses are very imagine conscious after all). Even back then people didn't rush to get preggars the moment they married.

What I think may have happened, and I obviously am probably totally wrong, is that when she got married she wasn't broody, but thought she would want kids eventually. Then eventually came and she still wasn't feeling that strong urge for children. I know people this has happened to. They assumed the moment they hit 30 or got married they would want that life and when they got there they realised they didn't. I think that is why early marriage can be problematic and requires lots of talking. One person wants the same thing as they did at 20 and the other has totally changed.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

"Seemless user experience"= $$$$

Jen basically opened Don's wallet for Ipso and said "take it all".

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

mangojt wrote:
Honorary Melissa wrote:
Imp wrote:It's quite funny to listen to Jen explain designing. I do have slight sympathy with Ipso though, she must have been a bloody nightmare to work for, sorry with.

Does anyone here do or have a good understanding of coding? She was going on about how they coded her site completely from scratch, which made it sound like they've developed their own content management system they can use for clients. But when I check the page source code I'm seeing '/wp-content/' in there. I see the same sort of code on my old portfolio site that I just made using a customised wordpress theme hosted on my own web space. Does that mean they have done something similar or should I keep wearing the coding dunce cap?
She's using Wordpress, they just coded a custom theme.
Huh, looking at the source code it is on the Wordpress platform, but she really, really makes it sound like she isn't using Wordpress. So either Ipso threw their hands up after her insistence that they create a new blogging platform and told her it was from scratch, or she's intentionally trying to make it sound fancier than it is in the video. Here's what she says at 17:10:
They basically built that site for me from scratch. They didn't use a Wordpress theme, or anything that was already made. They have two coders, two developers who built it from scratch, and it is just amazing.

And the reasoning behind doing this - which, it is more expensive to be honest - but, it's... it, I don't really know yet, because I haven't really experienced the new site long enough, but apparently it's supposed to allow for a more seamless user experience.
Love that last bit. "I paid a lot for this, and I haven't really seen the benefit but they TOTALLY told me it was worth it!"
That site totally looks like one of the premium Wordpress themes that you can buy for around $100. If they did design it from scratch it was a waste of time as it doesn't look that different from anything else out there.

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR

Fat Shark wrote:

Yep. Actual wording (rather than my crap paraphrasing!) is,

"We have moved on to OrganizedJen 2.0, which is now known as Pretty Neat Living". (44 secs in)

TBH Shes pretty corporate when she starts, "it's launch week here at Pretty Neat Living..."

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

Fat Shark wrote:

"We have moved on to OrganizedJen 2.0, which is now known as Pretty Neat Living". (44 secs in)

TBH Shes pretty corporate when she starts, "it's launch week here at Pretty Neat Living..."
Maybe OrganizedJen 2.0 is some Doctor Who style alien robot thing. That would be cool!

cashcow
Informer
Informer

Post by cashcow »

I'm done with Pretty Hermit Living. I can't do it anymore! :(

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Fat Shark wrote:

God she's dumb. If she wants to rebrand she has to get away from the old name completely. Jerry Seinfeld once said, "Like a bandaid! Right off!" That is what she needs to do.

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR

mariella wrote:

Ha! I called it! So proud right now :D
http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 7#p1599557

No honestly, she is just so predictable it's painful...
Hehe you so did!! :tu:

mariella wrote:The idea behind naming it "Pretty Neat Living" is that it is supposed to be a brand name I guess. So the focus is not on her (haha as if) but on the brand Pretty Neat Living.
Pretty soon she is going to write like there is a team working on the blog with "we at PNL love the popsugar must have box" or "today we had another busy day at PNL headquarters"

many bidnuss. very lady. Wow.
"It's launch week here at Pretty Neat Living and we're enjoying the launch... Right Winnie?"

Bookw0rm
Talker
Talker

Post by Bookw0rm »

Athletic Calves wrote:
wax on wrote:Oh good, more content about her content. :roll:

She kept describing ipso as "seamless"... she really is delusional. This whole rebranding has been a far cry from seamless.

Winnie gets us.

Omg.. I know it's been talked about to death but that poor dog looks horrible. Although I'd never want to put in the money myself, I've known some people with long-haired dogs like afghans & fluffy Samoyeds who kept up with their hair by always brushing them & getting them groomed. If you're going to keep your dog's hair long, at least keep it looking nice. I can't believe she takes pride in that. Cut the damn dog's face hair at least so she can see, breathe, & eat properly.

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

Thank you to the smarty pants that can explain certain things. :tu: I am wearing a dunce coding cap.

The "We" is so pretentious. :roll:
Jen you buy crap to show us. Get rid of crap and show us. Organize crap and show us. Where is this company of people that let's you use the term "We"?
You aren't selling anything. You never invented anything. You are not original with content.
You are a tool that is used by REAL companies to sell their products. :x

WE are watching for laughs as are most people.
How many people will like her new fb. I will eat my words if she ever even gets close to 70k. The entertaining Jen is gone. No one cares.

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

She hasn't even hit 10k yet the last time I looked

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”