NotAffiliatedLikeJen Part 71

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NotAffiliatedLikeJen Part 71

Post by loopyloo »

Meow wrote:lol @ the newest Pop Sugar video. she pays (wastes) so much money on these boxes and then hardly likes anything in them. sunglasses that don't work on her narrow narrow head, a headband that doesn't work on her tiny head and fine fine hair. she likes the book though! great. just save your money and cancel the subscription and buy things you actually want. so pointless.
She should seriously just take the amount of money each month and go to TK Maxx or another store that sells an odd assortment of items or shop the clearance aisles. I actually think a 'look what I managed to buy with $60' video series would be far more interesting.

Meow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Meow »

loopyloo wrote:
Meow wrote:lol @ the newest Pop Sugar video. she pays (wastes) so much money on these boxes and then hardly likes anything in them. sunglasses that don't work on her narrow narrow head, a headband that doesn't work on her tiny head and fine fine hair. she likes the book though! great. just save your money and cancel the subscription and buy things you actually want. so pointless.
She should seriously just take the amount of money each month and go to TK Maxx or another store that sells an odd assortment of items or shop the clearance aisles. I actually think a 'look what I managed to buy with $60' video series would be far more interesting.
exactly. it always makes me laugh when she tells us what those items sell for and acts all amazed at the major discount she got. she is such a sucker. NO ONE would pay the insane amount of money that those items supposedly retail for. "wow this would normally be $70! look at me I saved so much money!" :lol: it's painful to watch sometimes.

BinsBinsBins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BinsBinsBins »

lipstick jungle wrote:
Theother99% wrote:Of course when the trend is now to use your own name, stubborn Jen creates a random name.

Anybody else loving the fact that the owner of pretty neat.com would give it up to her??!!! That's my favorite part!! And on IG there are many other names starting with "pretty neat". It's "pretty" lame.

Also, when searching on IG, it makes sense to shorten the last word then the first. Ex: prettyneatlivng...then at least her channel would show after typing "prettyneat". ipso should have suggested that.
I hope she paid you :lol:

Did she change it because she pissed off PSS?

[tweet][/tweet]

Honorary Melissa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Honorary Melissa »

lipstick jungle wrote:
Theother99% wrote:Of course when the trend is now to use your own name, stubborn Jen creates a random name.

Anybody else loving the fact that the owner of pretty neat.com would give it up to her??!!! That's my favorite part!! And on IG there are many other names starting with "pretty neat". It's "pretty" lame.

Also, when searching on IG, it makes sense to shorten the last word then the first. Ex: prettyneatlivng...then at least her channel would show after typing "prettyneat". ipso should have suggested that.

:rofl:

The PSS comparisons probably didn't help either. Why doesn't she just do PrettyNeatLife? PrettyNeatJen?

Honorary Melissa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

BinsBinsBins wrote:
lipstick jungle wrote:

Did she change it because she pissed off PSS?

[tweet][/tweet]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

Hate the new name, but I think I'd hate anything that Jen picked. :lol:

Karolina1985
Informer
Informer

Post by Karolina1985 »

Guys I just took Prettyneatliving name on youtube and I have a question is it illegal? Can she do anything to me for that?

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

loopyloo wrote:
We all know how she feels about discount stores:

She would set fire to stacks of $100 bills rather than go into a TJ Maxx.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Honorary Melissa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Karolina1985 wrote:Guys I just took Prettyneatliving name on youtube and I have a question is it illegal? Can she do anything to me for that?
Yes it's illegal and infringing on Jen's trademark. Give it back to her before she sues you.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

Honorary Melissa wrote:
Karolina1985 wrote:Guys I just took Prettyneatliving name on youtube and I have a question is it illegal? Can she do anything to me for that?
Yes it's illegal and infringing on Jen's trademark. Give it back to her before she sues you.
It would be safer to change your name to Jennifer Ross.

SandalTanLine
Debater
Debater

Post by SandalTanLine »

Im not a legal adviser but I dont think she can. She might petition for it, or she might have ways to take it over, but you won't get busted for having it. (All my opinion)

SandalTanLine
Debater
Debater

Post by SandalTanLine »

Im not a legal adviser but I dont think she can. She might petition for it, or she might have ways to take it over, but you won't get busted for having it. (All my opinion)

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:
Honorary Melissa wrote:
It would be safer to change your name to Jennifer Ross.
I don't even know why she's not using it herself? She's changed her Youtube name, but not username. Strange

RETIRED MODERATOR

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

I don't think it matters, to be honest. Youtube and its channel name setup confuses me. But if you search "pretty neat living" or "jennifer ross" on youtube, it brings up her channel. If you search "organizedlikejen", it brings up her channel. And the channel name shows as "pretty neat living". It's only when you click on it that the URL shows "organizedlikejen". I think all YTers have this issue. For example, pinksofoxy changed her channel name to Christine Kobzeff but if you click on it, the URL remains "pinksofoxy". Elle Fowler's URL remains "allthatglitters21". I don't think they can change their URLs, just the display name for the channel.

Karolina1985
Informer
Informer

Post by Karolina1985 »

Thank you for your replies. I wonder how it works - let's say that some girl five years ago wanted to have a lifestyle channel so she created it and put PrettyNeatLiving as its name. Now Jen made her trademark and this girl would be legally obligated to give her channel up to Jen? It's hyphothetical but I'm curious.

Btw - I deleted it ;)

sharelesscareless
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sharelesscareless »

lipstick jungle wrote:
Maybe they took care of the trademark side of things and did the site design.

I really think that was all they were ever going to do. The 6 months must just be the time period it took for the approval of the trademark
US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) within approximately three months of filing the application. However, the total application processing time may be anywhere from 6 months to a year, or even longer.
The trademark hasn't been approved, though. The application was filed on March 31, but it's still going through the review process. (And the actual review by a trademark examiner at the trademark office often takes much closer to the full 12 months, or longer.) I'm not sure Ipso had anything to do with the trademark; the attorney on the application is located in Crystal Lake, Illinois, so probably a Jen choice.

The trademark application was filed as an "intent to use" application, which means the owner hasn't started using it. Additional documents have to be filed after she's using the trademark in order to make it an application that can actually become a registered mark (if it is approved).

Basically, I don't think the six month weirdness can be blamed on the trademark at all.

(All the gossip, and it's trademarks that convince me to make an account so I can comment. :roll: )

YouGuysSlayMe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by YouGuysSlayMe »

You must be so proud.

:roll:
Thank you, Imp, for the StonerLikeJen avatar!

sharelesscareless
Wanderer
Wanderer

loopyloo wrote: She should seriously just take the amount of money each month and go to TK Maxx or another store that sells an odd assortment of items or shop the clearance aisles. I actually think a 'look what I managed to buy with $60' video series would be far more interesting.
That would be a lot of fun to watch. Someone needs to jump on it, build a competing PNL empire.

sharelesscareless
Wanderer
Wanderer

Karolina1985 wrote:Thank you for your replies. I wonder how it works - let's say that some girl five years ago wanted to have a lifestyle channel so she created it and put PrettyNeatLiving as its name. Now Jen made her trademark and this girl would be legally obligated to give her channel up to Jen? It's hyphothetical but I'm curious.

Btw - I deleted it ;)
That's a different scenario, though. Someone who started using it five years ago wouldn't have to give it up to Jen now that Jen has decided to adopt that name. In fact, someone who started using it five years ago could probably stop Jen from using it at all, at least if they were both making lifestyle videos or blogs or products.

mariella
Informer
Informer

Post by mariella »

The idea behind naming it "Pretty Neat Living" is that it is supposed to be a brand name I guess. So the focus is not on her (haha as if) but on the brand Pretty Neat Living.
Pretty soon she is going to write like there is a team working on the blog with "we at PNL love the popsugar must have box" or "today we had another busy day at PNL headquarters"

many bidnuss. very lady. Wow.

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”