He uploads pretty often.

Roychix
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Charles Gross

Post by Roychix »

I have a hard time liking this youtuber. I've watched some of his videos because of some people shouting him out in their videos and saying how awesome he was and how knowledgeable he was also, but i mean... a How to buy a chanel bag video?.. really?? humm, you just go to the chanel store, ask for the bag you want and if they have it, you buy it!! lol It's not complicated like getting a Hermès birkin or kelly. He talks a lot about handbags but never shows them. He said in a video that he thought it was tacky to do a bag collection video but that's all he does, talk about handbags. I mean, if you're doing a video about the birkin bag and you're suppose to have one, why not show the bag in your video?? There's a couple of pics of him on his instagram with a kelly but it could easily be someone else's bag, like his mother, or something like that. I don't believe that he has all of the bags he claims he has. He started making videos by tricking people to watch them..... like the video still would be of a croc birkin and the title would say, how i got a real birkin for 300$..... but it wasn't the croc birkin and the story was extremely fishy! he claimed in a video that he would go on a website that tells you all of the hashtags that are popular that day on instagram and he would post a picture with all of the hashtags to get noticed...... well that plus the tricked youtube video titles worked, he now has over 10 000 subscribers wich it what he wanted, to be a famous youtuber and instagramer. i smell phony more than anything else and i don't like that!!! #notafan

rachelelliot566
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rachelelliot566 »

i saw allie sevdalis mention him a lot in her most recent videos, they even did a collab together. i wonder if he paid her?

mariella
Informer
Informer

Post by mariella »

I find him pretty entertaining :)

He said he doesn't own all the bags, because he sold them and only kept a vintage Gucci from his grandmother and a bag that his sister made him.
I have no clue how rich you have to be to live on the upper west side so no idea if it's possible that he owned and sold the bags.

I'd say he's a character and I understand if people find him annoying. I have yet to reach that stage :D

Roychix
Learner
Learner

Post by Roychix »

yeah.... i used to own 5 birkins and 3 kellys too!!!!! :rofl: .... he talks about how he used to sell birkins and kellys for a living YEARS ago... but isn't he like 22 or 23??? it's not the personality that throws me off but the credibility... i have a hard time believing a thing that comes out of his mouth!!! he's gonna do more collabs now since it's working for him (the guy just gained over 2000 subbies with that Allie Sevdalis collab) and the sponsored videos are also coming if they haven't already.... he just wants to be famous and noticed and make a living from youtube..... well, good for him cause its working for now, he's on his way!!!!

diva2themax
Learner
Learner

Post by diva2themax »

Roychix wrote:yeah.... i used to own 5 birkins and 3 kellys too!!!!! :rofl: .... he talks about how he used to sell birkins and kellys for a living YEARS ago... but isn't he like 22 or 23??? it's not the personality that throws me off but the credibility... i have a hard time believing a thing that comes out of his mouth!!! he's gonna do more collabs now since it's working for him (the guy just gained over 2000 subbies with that Allie Sevdalis collab) and the sponsored videos are also coming if they haven't already.... he just wants to be famous and noticed and make a living from youtube..... well, good for him cause its working for now, he's on his way!!!!

He's actually 20! Idk about the buying/selling for yrs. who knows I tend to believe him about that. His parent's clearly are rich that apartment is huge for NYC standards. Trust me. I do find him annoying in a know it all kind of way but he's young & it's typical behavior for rich kids in NY. I like him & find him amusing.

Lah Lah
Learner
Learner

Post by Lah Lah »

I am trying hard to like his video's.
Some are funny and interesting and some are a bit unbelievable...
a few of his video's leave me thinking that he is just full of sh*t.

he's certainly interesting.
his parents seem to be in showbizz or the arts... i wonder what they must be like- to have raised him to be such an outspoken, flamboyant personality. I also wonder, if he was as much of a brat as a young child, as he seems to be presently.

like I said- I am trying hard to like his video's, sadly I can only make it through a miniute or two of some- his nasal, whiny voice is a bit too much to take some mornings.

youtubecritic
Learner
Learner

Post by youtubecritic »

He is 20. He doesnt have proper job (does some sort of photoshop editing from home at the moment). Athough being educated in private schools unfortunately he did not make it to higher education. He found collage boring.
He left school at collage in order to resell designer bags. He just wanted to work. However even that job he quitted after few months because he couldnt cope.
His parents seems like really nice and patient people despite his whims and tantrums. He and his sister are adopted from south america. His parents are working in design related jobs and do quite well. They bought two NYC Manhattan apartments and join them into one with two separate entrances.
They are hard working and hardly ever at home. Despite that they are always at his service if he needs something, although he did not finish collage they were paying for. His father rushed him to airport to exit London back to NYC because he had some urgent private business there. His mum buys him designer clothes. He goes for botox and lip plumming. He regularly visits dermatologist in private clinic. He has high glamorous life thanks to his parents. Without them he would be nothing. Of course he is their child and they have to help him,
Other thing is sometimes the way he acts is like a woman would. I know he is gay but gay man like same gender. So they like man and not someone trying to behave like woman because then they migh as well be straight and date women. He has very high expectations for the relationship and adops consumer style in this part of his life. He says himself and is pround of it.. IM HIGH MAINTAINCE.
He deleted some of his old videos eg vid with title ''Fuck my Birkin '' where he explains why he started to hate birkin and kellys bag. Probably content was not suitable for his growing group of subbies.
There are lots of contradictions at one video he states his favourite sentence is '' Next tiem this year we will be laughting together''. In few videos laters he says he hates this pick up sentence. Then he says he is not like other youtubers but in the end he does same things as them LOL.

rachelelliot566
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rachelelliot566 »

youtubecritic wrote:He is 20. He doesnt have proper job (does some sort of photoshop editing from home at the moment). Athough being educated in private schools unfortunately he did not make it to higher education. He found collage boring.
He left school at collage in order to resell designer bags. He just wanted to work. However even that job he quitted after few months because he couldnt cope.
His parents seems like really nice and patient people despite his whims and tantrums. He and his sister are adopted from south america. His parents are working in design related jobs and do quite well. They bought two NYC Manhattan apartments and join them into one with two separate entrances.
They are hard working and hardly ever at home. Despite that they are always at his service if he needs something, although he did not finish collage they were paying for. His father rushed him to airport to exit London back to NYC because he had some urgent private business there. His mum buys him designer clothes. He goes for botox and lip plumming. He regularly visits dermatologist in private clinic. He has high glamorous life thanks to his parents. Without them he would be nothing. Of course he is their child and they have to help him,
Other thing is sometimes the way he acts is like a woman would. I know he is gay but gay man like same gender. So they like man and not someone trying to behave like woman because then they migh as well be straight and date women. He has very high expectations for the relationship and adops consumer style in this part of his life. He says himself and is pround of it.. IM HIGH MAINTAINCE.
He deleted some of his old videos eg vid with title ''Fuck my Birkin '' where he explains why he started to hate birkin and kellys bag. Probably content was not suitable for his growing group of subbies.
There are lots of contradictions at one video he states his favourite sentence is '' Next tiem this year we will be laughting together''. In few videos laters he says he hates this pick up sentence. Then he says he is not like other youtubers but in the end he does same things as them LOL.
sounds like you need to go back to collage lol! he is very well spoken, and when you have money you are able to take a break before figuring out your life. at 20, who has anything figured out

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

I do think it is cool he has the luxury to figure things out, but he does not seem to do much, ever? How long can photo editing take and how much work can he possibly have? He certainly doesn't seem to work full time and he does not have many (if any) expenses. Idk I just feel if you're that young and not in school, you could be doing a ton with life. He also doesn't seem to have many friends or at least we haven't met them yet (which is understandable).

I wonder what his parents do in design. My BFF of over a decade is a commercial interior designer, so I have been to many industry parties, weddings, etc. over the years and most design people, even those with poor personal style, have well-designed homes. Their home is kind of a wreck and they have a lot of space for anywhere, much less NYC. Charles certainly has enough time to straighten up the house!

I think making a living buying and selling bags is not reliable and it does seem like a stressful career path especially for someone as neurotic as Charles. I was really in love with his videos when I found him in April, but now he is annoying me.

He chats forever about the dumbest shit, says nothing of value (the first month or so of videos did have valuable info IMHO) and seemingly does nothing with his days -- YAY we have another Youtuber that does the same as the rest of them!

I cannot imagine how or why he is in cahoots with Allie. She has terrible style/taste.

misspeak
Talker
Talker

Post by misspeak »

CourtneyShane wrote:How long can photo editing take and how much work can he possibly have?
I know a lot of people who make a living photo editing. If you develop a relationship with a photographer and they send you their photos you can be editing hundreds of photos a day. I don't know if he actually gets that much work, but to be fair it can be a legit full time job.

Honestly I think Charles is the first Youtuber I've really liked in a long time. I typically don't trust anyone on Youtube, but he seems really honest about everything he's saying. He definitely seems to be a hell of a lot more mature than I was at 20.

And just since it's been misspelled twice in this thread, it's COLLEGE. A collage is something you make when you're 5 when you glue pictures on a piece of paper. Sorry, big pet peeve of mine.

jillthepill
Learner
Learner

Post by jillthepill »

I sorta love him! He cracks me up! I look forward to his videos... And I h. Rarely say that about any youtuber.

elleop
Lurker
Lurker

Post by elleop »

I love him! He's sweet, classy and sassy haha

Oh and in his new vlog he mentioned that he knows about his thread here.

jillthepill
Learner
Learner

Post by jillthepill »

LOLOLOLOL. I loved his attitude about getting a thread here!

bluelakelady
Debater
Debater

Post by bluelakelady »

He's great! I know this is the "trash a guru" section, but nothing to trash about Charles. Super entertaining young man.

Roychix
Learner
Learner

Post by Roychix »

thought that maybe he would grow on me after not watching his videos for a while but no, still can't. it's still a bunch of videos about handbags and accessories he doesn't have and his thoughts on them and about how he's gonna buy this bag and that bag, and of course, doesn't. love how all of his followers see him as an expert though :rofl:
but good for him on his success, he's gaining a lot of followers very quickly.

RaisinBran
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by RaisinBran »

Roychix wrote:thought that maybe he would grow on me after not watching his videos for a while but no, still can't. it's still a bunch of videos about handbags and accessories he doesn't have and his thoughts on them and about how he's gonna buy this bag and that bag, and of course, doesn't. love how all of his followers see him as an expert though :rofl:
but good for him on his success, he's gaining a lot of followers very quickly.
he's okay but that's what annoys me about him. You claim to be the luxury expert but you do not have these bags and if you did you would be doing the exact opposite of what you tell others to do (show off). I had to LOL when he said that un-boxings are tacky, but the only reason he says that is because he cant afford them otherwise he would be doing one every day like everyone else!

honest_girl_23
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by honest_girl_23 »

I love charles his personality is just amazing. I can't find anything bad to say about him.
Any spelling errors are due to auto correct

Lah Lah
Learner
Learner

Post by Lah Lah »

I keep trying to watch his video's... but like I said previously- I can only get a minute or two into them and lose interest. The big, dramatic self-entitled sigh's... the nostril flaring when an issue comes up that gets under his skin... the snotty remarks about bags and fashion that he doesn't own- it's laughable. You can tell his age by how opinionated he tries to be- you can tell how immature he is by how authoritative he tries to make himself sound.

I just find him too opinionated. He spews out this snotty opinion, like he's some kind of authority on whatever it is he's babbling on about in various video's. All it is -is opinon... Opinion's are like assholes- everyone has one, but we don't necessarily need to hear them ad nauseum... but THAT is just my opinion. :rofl:

I watched most of the video he did about his summer as a camp counsellor... I thought it was hilarious.
Hilarious because he was a camp counsellor in a day-camp located in NYC- not an actual "camp" that was a week or longer away from the comfort's of home... What I found really funny- was he was disgusted and huffy about these little rich kids who were running around acting like entitled little brats.... It's ironic he couldn't stand them- when he is one himself. :roll:

It doesn't surprise me that he thinks its great he has a page here- he seems to be the sort of young man who just loves any attention- good or bad.

Lah Lah
Learner
Learner

Post by Lah Lah »

oh... and his body language....

every video I have watched- when he starts in his little stories- watch his body language.

He touches his nose alot... or flips his hair with his hand... he also wipes his face alot.... classic tell tale signs that someone is not telling the truth...

there are tons of video's online about body language- how to spot a liar, how to tell when someone is pulling your leg... go check them out... Once you see it- and you will see him do certain things like that in quite a few of his video's....

I don't know- it's hard for me to watch someone when I know damn well half of what they are trying to feed me is bullshit. ...But that's just me.... I'm old... I don't suffer fools gladly and I don't "do" bullshit. again- that's just me. ;)

Return to “Charles Gross”