Chrisellelim

freethinker
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Chrisellelim

Post by freethinker »

I like her style sometimes, but other times it is just terrible. And what's up with that diy denim purse... :?

Sorry, for some reason it won't let me embed the video.

someoneyeah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Chrisellelim

Post by someoneyeah »

I agree, sometimes I find her outfits really cute, sometimes it's just not my style..

When she does fashion videos for other body types, she only does herself and someone who is full/curvy most of the time. It'd be helpful if she did videos like "how to dress for pear-shapes" or "how to dress for petites" etc

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

She is a hit or miss. Her channel is like a less tech savvy version WendysLookbook.

Goon
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Goon »

Oh, Grandmama Chriselle. I find her fashion to be mainly a miss - it looks stylish for the quick second it's on the screen but pay more attention and it's a hot mess passing on as fashionable. BUT I like her DIYS and the way the videos are made, unfortunately I never come away with... "ah, that's a cute outfit" and to me she doesn't know how fashion looks on other body types besides rail thin as hers from tips she puts out but then again like I said I don't find her to be stylish anyways.

When it comes to fashion YTers/Bloggers, in my opinion, ought to stick showing tips for those who reflect their own body-shape unless they are professional stylist. I, being petite, can't take her advice, but a petite fashion YTer/Blogger I can rely on their opinions/tips than Grandmama. I understand trying to broaden her audience or them requesting it but it's crap - especially when she stands in comparison next to the plus size whoever and she ends up styling herself better than her plus size counter part.

helloparis
Informer
Informer

Post by helloparis »

Goon wrote:Oh, Grandmama Chriselle. I find her fashion to be mainly a miss - it looks stylish for the quick second it's on the screen but pay more attention and it's a hot mess passing on as fashionable. BUT I like her DIYS and the way the videos are made, unfortunately I never come away with... "ah, that's a cute outfit" and to me she doesn't know how fashion looks on other body types besides rail thin as hers from tips she puts out but then again like I said I don't find her to be stylish anyways.

When it comes to fashion YTers/Bloggers, in my opinion, ought to stick showing tips for those who reflect their own body-shape unless they are professional stylist. I, being petite, can't take her advice, but a petite fashion YTer/Blogger I can rely on their opinions/tips than Grandmama. I understand trying to broaden her audience or them requesting it but it's crap - especially when she stands in comparison next to the plus size whoever and she ends up styling herself better than her plus size counter part.
I'm petite as well. Do you know of any good petite fashion YTers/bloggers? I agree, I usually like Chriselle, but her videos don't really help me. I just watch for the entertainment factor.

softkick
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by softkick »

helloparis wrote:
Goon wrote:Oh, Grandmama Chriselle. I find her fashion to be mainly a miss - it looks stylish for the quick second it's on the screen but pay more attention and it's a hot mess passing on as fashionable. BUT I like her DIYS and the way the videos are made, unfortunately I never come away with... "ah, that's a cute outfit" and to me she doesn't know how fashion looks on other body types besides rail thin as hers from tips she puts out but then again like I said I don't find her to be stylish anyways.

I'm petite as well. Do you know of any good petite fashion YTers/bloggers? I agree, I usually like Chriselle, but her videos don't really help me. I just watch for the entertainment factor.
YouTube
extrapetite
stylishpetite
WendyNguyen

Goon
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Goon »

softkick wrote:
helloparis wrote:

YouTube
extrapetite
stylishpetite
WendyNguyen
^ Pretty much the ones I was going to recommend. My favorite being ExtraPetite (just wish she had more street style options but none the less - awesome blogger)

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

softkick wrote:YouTube
extrapetite
stylishpetite
WendyNguyen
please don't recommend stylishpetite to anyone. she copies all the other petite bloggers like jean(extrapetite). she only changed her username from reallypetite to stylishpetite because her former username was turning up results that showed her fake ways. plus she doesn't know how to style herself and her own body type. she has questionable tactics. she sells her used items as new on her blog. it makes her unworthy of anyone's recommendation and time.

i would recommend alternationsneeded also. she's pretty good.

http://www.alterationsneeded.com/blogroll
to any petite gg readers who need a little style help.

but seriously, let's not add to stylishpetite's ego/fanbase. i don't think it's right to copy and cheat other people.

grezgorzabc
Informer
Informer

Post by grezgorzabc »

socialight wrote:She is a hit or miss. Her channel is like a less tech savvy version WendysLookbook.
with an even worse accent than wendy's

Kirby
Learner
Learner

Post by Kirby »

Her style is more appropriate for adults in their 20s than teens, so her videos don't really help me. I'm also petite while she's extremely tall, totally different body types. I did like her DIY collar video though - great way to make your outfit more interesting.

QueenBeatle6
Talker
Talker

Post by QueenBeatle6 »

I don't watch her videos anymore, but I follow her on Instagram. Is she still with her husband? She is always traveling how does she make time for her relationship?

kerfuffle
Learner
Learner

Post by kerfuffle »

I hate the "Hi loves" greeting. Ugh so lacking warmth and seems fake. Her videos are nicely done but the music is way too loud that you can barely hear what she's saying.

kerfuffle
Learner
Learner

Post by kerfuffle »

mrkalbi wrote: Ugh thank you. I kindly asked her to lower her background music in a few videos but I think my comments were deleted. WTF, I wasn't even being rude. I said and I quote
"Thank you for this helpful video Chriselle! On your next video could you maybe lower the background music it takes away from your commentary! :)
Like you would think her time with Michelle would have taught her how to properly add music into your videos.
Oh wow she should have taken your advice. You weren't rude at all btw.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

I hadn't seen her videos in a while and I went to check them out and...

2 years ago (before):

After:

WTF??? :o :?

The Chin Syndrome got to her!!! Now she can be twins with Michelle Phan. Also, wtf is up with her making this face?

Why do these women like to look like freaking ALIENS???

Is this supossed to be cute or fashion forward? What am I missing here? :?

Batila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Batila »

^ I don't follow her but holy shit she looks like a totally different person! :o

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

She's friends with Michelle. Surprise, surprise.

Let's see if Linette stops eating sodium and grows an inch of chin too.

soundsofsilver
Learner
Learner

Post by soundsofsilver »

her face is shaped like a large long foot :|

bellabeauti
Learner
Learner

Post by bellabeauti »

Yeah I noticed it too... How can het subbies be so blind? She went overboard with her chin, it just doesn't suit her at all.

Nakedjaxx
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Nakedjaxx »

Wow her face looks really different. I really hate her "hi loves" "stay chic" greetings. Soo lame. Or on her tshirt line epic chic or something lame like that.

stuipdthing
Lurker
Lurker

Post by stuipdthing »

I think she tries to hard to be "deep" but her videos are just SO beautifully filmed, I could watch them all day long.

Plus I love her style. I'm surprised you guys are saying she has grandma style. But I'm in my 20's, so maybe my style is grandma like to you too haha.

Return to “#-E”