Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Oli White

Post by BaconBaconBacon »

BONTBFW wrote:
BaconBaconBacon wrote:
BONTBFW wrote:
BaconBaconBacon wrote:I was looking at her IG and her last boyfriend was way more attractive than Oli (I get this is shallow and everyone has different types, this is just my opinion) so I feel like she probably is using him but not for "fame" just for his money and traveling. He likes to spend and have flashy things/go on luxurious holidays. From looking at her IG (which I totally understand isn't always an accurate representation of someone) she just seems a bit materialistic so I can see her taking advantage of him and he's probably into it since she has a hot body and from what the rest of the guys have said, he hadn't been laid in quite some time lmao
She's the one who lives in a penthouse with the rich family, she doesn't need his money. Also Oli is the only boyfriend I've seen her post.

Look through her tagged pics and you'll see who I'm talking about. He looks like he's the same "type" as Joe lol
If you're talking about George thats her friend and also Oli's lol
omg, you're right lol my bad. they look very couple-y in their photos so i assumed thats what they were

LauraMongeau
Learner
Learner

Post by LauraMongeau »

BaconBaconBacon wrote:
BONTBFW wrote:
BaconBaconBacon wrote:
BONTBFW wrote:
BaconBaconBacon wrote:I was looking at her IG and her last boyfriend was way more attractive than Oli (I get this is shallow and everyone has different types, this is just my opinion) so I feel like she probably is using him but not for "fame" just for his money and traveling. He likes to spend and have flashy things/go on luxurious holidays. From looking at her IG (which I totally understand isn't always an accurate representation of someone) she just seems a bit materialistic so I can see her taking advantage of him and he's probably into it since she has a hot body and from what the rest of the guys have said, he hadn't been laid in quite some time lmao
Okay but even if it is hers and Oli's friend (clearly only met through her) it's a bit too close and couple-y for my liking. I suspect most people in relationships would not want their partners posting multiple photos that look like they belong on 'couple goals' ig. I know I wouldn't like my boyfriend posting photos like that with a girl, nor would he like it if one of my guy friends posted photos of us like those two do. It's a little disrespectful to your partner
She's the one who lives in a penthouse with the rich family, she doesn't need his money. Also Oli is the only boyfriend I've seen her post.

Look through her tagged pics and you'll see who I'm talking about. He looks like he's the same "type" as Joe lol
If you're talking about George thats her friend and also Oli's lol
omg, you're right lol my bad. they look very couple-y in their photos so i assumed thats what they were
Bye bitch :love2:

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

I'm guessing either her and Oli read here or loads of minions do and have flooded her account because she's now private

wellhello
Lurker
Lurker

Post by wellhello »

miserlou wrote:I'm guessing either her and Oli read here or loads of minions do and have flooded her account because she's now private
I think she's been privat all the time, but she'll accept your request when you follow her
"no more poems about how men are like coffee. i never needed either to survive."

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

This is on point:

[youtube][/youtube]

Oli's merch does seem like no thought went into it whatsoever and it's valid to ask if fans are being ripped off. Ironically, it sums Oli up well. It's so douchey that he wouldn't take selfies with fans at a youtube fan convention.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Y'all complain about Gleam, but Oli's management is way worse. Imagine if all those youtubers had his. :?
Anyway the selfie thing is so the line goes faster so they can see more people. Many people do it. Doesn't mean there's no picture, someone off to the side just takes the pic. I don't see the problem with it.

Luk20
Debater
Debater

Post by Luk20 »

The problem I have with Oli is that he's the most vanilla YouTuber out of the British crew. I can't tell you one thing about his content or personality that seems unique from a million other YouTuber wannabes. The difference is that he managed to find his way into the popular group to help his channel grow, but he still seems to lack originality in my opinion.

He's also incredibly materialistic, and seems more focused on brand deals, merch, and being 'internet famous' than actually being viewed as a genuine creator. Wasn't he the guy who said he doesn't even like to read and then came out with a couple of books? It's kind of pathetic how transparent his motives are.

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer

Luk20 wrote:The problem I have with Oli is that he's the most vanilla YouTuber out of the British crew. I can't tell you one thing about his content or personality that seems unique from a million other YouTuber wannabes. The difference is that he managed to find his way into the popular group to help his channel grow, but he still seems to lack originality in my opinion.

He's also incredibly materialistic, and seems more focused on brand deals, merch, and being 'internet famous' than actually being viewed as a genuine creator. Wasn't he the guy who said he doesn't even like to read and then came out with a couple of books? It's kind of pathetic how transparent his motives are.

He's extremely materialistic. I think he has good intentions and is overall a kind person with a good heart but materialistic people are a huge turn off for me so that, plus his boring made for tween content makes me not really care for him at all. I enjoyed him way back when, and I don't mind him popping up in other peoples videos (I strongly prefer him and pretty much anyone to the Maynards lol) but as far as his channel goes, I couldn't care less.

Also I agree that the whole selfie thing was fine. If he turned people down outside the meet and greet for selfies I think I'd probably have a problem with it but there's no need for selfies if there's a photographer taking the photos at the m&g. Although, I'm sure most people would rather have a selfie so maybe it would've been better to give people the choice of the photographer OR a selfie.

ems142
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ems142 »

you know...I understand the selfie ban when in a queue for a meet and greet but that Jack guys seems to say that a random fan went upto Oli for a selfie and Oli recoiled and looked at management for help, if this is true then yea, i understand why Jack was peeved lol

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer

ems142 wrote:you know...I understand the selfie ban when in a queue for a meet and greet but that Jack guys seems to say that a random fan went upto Oli for a selfie and Oli recoiled and looked at management for help, if this is true then yea, i understand why Jack was peeved lol
What I got from Jacks video was a kid in the m&g line asked for a selfie. He should've just done it, what's one or two people gonna hurt? But I get maybe he didn't want other fans to see and it be unfair/cause everyone else to start doing it too.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

[tweet][/tweet]

Well he addressed it on twitter...honestly this is what I mean about his management. Does Oli really take himself that seriously or is this his management? All it needed was a tweet or two, not an entire formal video over a damn selfie. :lol:

I think Oli is a nice guy, never heard a bad word about him. Even his friends said he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet. His problem is his materialistic goals make him do things that come across dickheadish and I don't think he really thinks about it enough. He needs to be more self aware, and also save his damn money. Everyone else in his crew seemingly spends their money wisely or at least in their means, idk why he hasn't taken note. Reminds me of a sims video Caspar did where he said Oli never learned to just get a roommate to save money.

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

Wow, his merch really is shit. A rough-cut circle with the word "Oli" in it? It should just be a giant £

It reminds me of a certain flag....

Cantshutup
Talker
Talker

Post by Cantshutup »

I hate how the L is uneven from the i, it annoys me so much

Radcorrie
Learner
Learner

Post by Radcorrie »

Why does Oli White even need merch? I get why Dodie and Emma Blackery would have merch because they are musicians but what does Oli actually really do? I never understood that, why do youtubers that don't have a specific talent (Like they aren't singers, artists etc) such as Zoe, Alfie etc, release merch?

Citrine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Citrine »

Because minions are gullible enough to buy anything to feel a bit closer to their idols. It doesn't really need to have any relevance, just their logo or picture.

LauraMongeau
Learner
Learner

Post by LauraMongeau »

Oli is like that one kid in the popular group that you don't know how tf got into it :rofl:

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

wonder why he never signed with Gleam, seems strange when he is BFFs with Casper and Joe

Sweetylein27
Debater
Debater

Post by Sweetylein27 »

What are your thoughts on Olis new girlfriend? Find it odd to bring her to joshs birthday... considering there were no other girls invited

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
English is not my first language.

magucken
Informer
Informer

Post by magucken »

Omg the cringe in the burglary prank video. So fake, put-on, and try-hard. But just like Oli, so Idk why I'm surprised.
This is so stupid, it made me laugh.
He's mouthing James' words with him when he's saying "I'm just excited to see their faces" at 2:33, then mom Sally is looking straight into the camera at 4:11, and dad comes into the room already smiling and relieved at 4:41. What a surprise that was...

[youtube][/youtube]
This used to be a lot more fun

LauraMongeau
Learner
Learner

Post by LauraMongeau »

magucken wrote:Omg the cringe in the burglary prank video. So fake, put-on, and try-hard. But just like Oli, so Idk why I'm surprised.
This is so stupid, it made me laugh.
He's mouthing James' words with him when he's saying "I'm just excited to see their faces" at 2:33, then mom Sally is looking straight into the camera at 4:11, and dad comes into the room already smiling and relieved at 4:41. What a surprise that was...

[youtube]<a class="vglnk" href="[/youtube" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>youtube</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>watch</span><span>?</span><span>v</span><span>=</span><span>LvGT</span><span>-</span><span>4rgtUQ</span><span>[/</span><span>youtube</span></a>]
Well... At least he tried I guess? Idk it was very lame and put on but the prank itself is quite original and not one of those generic pranks that Caspar and Joe often do on each other... like I was doing those pranks at the age of 8 onwards. If he had done it as a real prank and not fake it would've actually been good... but come on as if he's dumb enough to not turn his phone on silent

Return to “The British Crew”