icovetthee

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: icovetthee

Post by Waldorfdarling »

I thought the dress looked very nice! She looked pretty and sexy but not trashy. I was a bit caught off guard with the boobage because I'm not used to it when it comes to Alix but it wasn't bad! I did notice the shift in behavior that you guys are talking about. All of a sudden she seems more cheeky and lively, it's kinda strange.
XOXO

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

I really liked the video she did where she talked about hype products that she had bought and just didn't get along with... I can't remember the title, but the one where she talked about working at a cosmetics counter and buying tons of stuff, like a Chanel cream bronzer. Like with many youtubers, I preferred Alix's content when she had a day job and youtube was more of a hobby... :/
As for her vlogmas videos, I didn't watch any of the ones she did with the other youtuber. Are they irl friends or has their agency paired them up for collabs or something?
On a positive note, her make up on the Dec faves was beautiful.

ashleym
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ashleym »

^ Def more of a agency- forced friendship. Contrary to what you said, I came here to post that in a recent vid she made a comment that made me think she used to be a huge snob. I can't remember the vid or what she said but it was in a recent vlogmas, something about her back in the day. Both her and suzie are really starting to feel themselves and its getting irritating. I get the idea that once they make it big on yt their relationships are going to suffer seeing as both of their bfs don't like being on camera

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

ashleym wrote:^ Def more of a agency- forced friendship. Contrary to what you said, I came here to post that in a recent vid she made a comment that made me think she used to be a huge snob. I can't remember the vid or what she said but it was in a recent vlogmas, something about her back in the day. Both her and suzie are really starting to feel themselves and its getting irritating. I get the idea that once they make it big on yt their relationships are going to suffer seeing as both of their bfs don't like being on camera
Do you mean that she's a huge snob now or that she was a huge snob before? (Sorry, brain freezing!) I think that maybe when she was paying for the luxury items herself she might have been hyping them up because of the hefty price tag, like with the Chanel bronzer I mentioned. She got into the hype, tried to make it work...and only years later can admit that it was a miss.

ashleym
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ashleym »

PearlyPearl wrote:Do you mean that she's a huge snob now or that she was a huge snob before? (Sorry, brain freezing!) I think that maybe when she was paying for the luxury items herself she might have been hyping them up because of the hefty price tag, like with the Chanel bronzer I mentioned. She got into the hype, tried to make it work...and only years later can admit that it was a miss.
I mean like before yt or perhaps when she just started out. I don't remember the comment she made but it was something along the lines of I used to think I was so cool bc I had this product. She also briefly mentioned buying things for the sake of justifying it by featuring it in a blog post. I'm sure SOOO many ytbers esp make up gurus do this. Also the fact she said she did all her christmas shopping in a day kind of bugged me though I know some do that. It was kind of like "oh yeah I'm making heaps (not in comparison to other ytbers) now so I can throw down all this cash at once

toulouse1
Learner
Learner

Post by toulouse1 »

In her infobox it now says

'DID YOU KNOW YOU LOOK LIKE DREW BARRYMORE!?
- Not really, but after over a thousand comments I guess so you cheeky lot!'

Idk, but to me it comes across as quite arrogant. Especially since I don't find her to look like Drew at all, but maybe some other people agree with her being a lookalike of Drew Barrymore. I do think she's putting more effort into her channel, but the content is still the same and it looks like she's completely neglected her blog?

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

toulouse1 wrote:In her infobox it now says

Idk, but to me it comes across as quite arrogant. Especially since I don't find her to look like Drew at all, but maybe some other people agree with her being a lookalike of Drew Barrymore. I do think she's putting more effort into her channel, but the content is still the same and it looks like she's completely neglected her blog?
Wow that's kinda rude and a bit shocking coming from her, given the fact she's acting like a goody-goody all the time. Who knew sweet Alix was hiding such snark?
XOXO

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

toulouse1 wrote:In her infobox it now says

if she wants to look like Drew, more power to her, but I personally find Drew quite unattractive

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

If I remember correctly she did two celebrity lookalike looks once; one was Drew Barrymore and one was Keira Knightley, because those the ones people suggested/requested. I think she said that she doesn't think she looks like either. The two options were quite funny since Drew and Keira don't look like each other. Maybe she keeps getting messages saying she looks like Drew? (Or is the infobox text old, I noticed that some youtubers forget to update it)

CataMaria
Talker
Talker

Post by CataMaria »

I don't think Alix and Drew look alike face on but I see the similarities in their profiles.

timetodance
Learner
Learner

Post by timetodance »

I most definitely think she looks like Drew Barrymore! Still kinda weird to put that in the info box though.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

I've gotta say, her Daily Routine video was pretty great! I didn't even notice that Starbucks sponsorship lol. Gabby and other sponsored morons should take note. This is how you incorporate a sponsored product into your video. Feels natural, not forced and looks like it belongs.

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

She posted a picture of her with a faux bob earlier, blatantly copying her idol Suzy. Monkey see monkey do

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

Has she gained a bit of weight recently or was it just the faux bob that gave me that impression? She wasn't looking good in the Overrated Products video..
XOXO

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

She did gain quite a bit of weight in the last 2 months. I guess because of Christmas and Starbucks sponsorship lol. She looked quite nice the long bob, but she's too much of a chicken to cut her hair off.

Also a lot of people commenting on her video how those products used to be her favourite and she used to rave about them. I guess they don't realize that new products come out all the time and some perform better that old favourites.

Post by Guest »

So over Alix and Suzie posting the same thumbnails and videos. I just saw someone's idea that their management probably tells them to upload the same things so they show up in each other's recommended videos.... wonder if that's true and if so what a stupid idea. Every time someone mentions it in the comments they always say it's such a coincidence and act really dumb and unaware about it but there's no way that it's not planned out. No way.

ezri
Talker
Talker

Post by ezri »

I'm curious, why did she feel the need to delete negative comments on her Overrated Products video? I tuned in a bit too late.

Let me guess, her and Suzie were twinning in a completely unnecessary and creepy way again and Alix couldn't take the criticism? :roll:

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

I was put off by the Underrated Products video. Are the Tom Ford nail varnishes underrated? More likely they're too expensive for most people and probably overpriced in general? I know she gets all her products for free nowadays so price doesn't matter to her anymore but it does matter to viewers.

ETA: When was the last time she mentioned prices of products?

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

seems like suzies ditchng her for intheforw tbh, suzy is off buying chanel bags and going to paris fashion week with givenchy and chloe whilst alix is stuck at home

stormsandsaints
Learner
Learner

Post by stormsandsaints »

The exact same By Terry, Charlotte Tilbury, Sunday Riley, and Oskia products are mentioned in both Alix's "Expensive Products Worth the Hype!" and Suzie and Amelia's "Worth The Hype?! Luxury Favourites" videos. That's too much of a coincidence for me, especially since they were uploaded a day apart (not to mention the extremely similar titles) :|

Return to “I Covet Thee”