TWO!MuchBirthdayLikeJen Part 70

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TWO!MuchBirthdayLikeJen Part 70

Post by Noelle »

Of course! The 16 pounds of butter mystery! I forgot all about the fat solubility thing. You've cracked this case wide open, YGSM. (Seriously. There is no other good reason for the butter.)

I have a ToddyGear cloth. I didn't purchase it, but I did test it out. As expected, it failed. Works no better than any other cloth.

I'm lying. I love that little Toddy guy. Works like a charm. "And everyone has some sort of device nowadays!", so you can give it as a gift.

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

MattressCrowSoapJar wrote:
amykins wrote:I know the whole suzanne, emily, jen drama has been a story line on these threads but I honestly haven't seen any direct evidence. I think it's a lot of indirect speculation but I guess that's what a lot of this website is about.

Here's a question if anyone is interested.

Has anyone ever bought anything based on one of jen's reviews/ favorites? I guess the benefit to having someone who consumes so much is that they literally try everything so they can sometimes make some pretty solid recommendations about quality, comparisons, etc.

I can't think of anything I've bought but I am seriously considering the new EC planner. I guess there is a first for everything!
I bought Whole Foods "Pirate's Booty," today - the puffy things Don brings her along with her grilled cheese. They're delicious, but I didn't eat them out of a seperate little bowl. If my husband showed up with a typed "Goddess Cafe," menu, I'd think he'd lost his mind.
This is probably the most unfair thing I've ever picked on Jen for, but I hate that she eats these alongside a grilled cheese. Both are salty-carb-y things, so they cancel each other out and should be eaten separately. She should have tomato soup or anything else with more of a fresh-tangy-vegetable-y flavor. But these are the same people that eat chicken wings before a big turkey dinner.

*adjusts glasses, goes back to watching the neighbors and muttering suggestions*
Last edited by Noelle on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

DecorationPolice
Talker
Talker

Post by DecorationPolice »

I really do not want the EC planner. It looks big and heavy to me. And the inspirational quotes annoy me. "If you can dream it you can make it happen" or whatever. No. I dreamt that I adopted a teacup polar bear last night. There is no way I could or should make that happen.

I have a small week-at-a-view moleskin planner, without any decorations. It is not "perfect" or particularly inspiring, and it has some useless timezone and clothes size pages, but it is compact and portable which is the main point for me. Busy weeks end up looking a little messy, but that is fine. I am an entrepreneur and mainly work from home, my dog is old and has some weekly appointments with the vet, my husbands plans get penciled in when they impact mine. It might not work if we had a bigger family.

Even with the toned down look the EC aesthetic is still too much for me.

I can totally see how stickers and prettiness can make boring chores more appealing. I like crossing things of lists too. It's the cutesy pink fairytale look that I can't take seriously. So really I am judging a plan by its stickers and that is wrong of me.

TLDR: meh, EC, no thanks
No Jen, most of it doesn't make any sense... but don't worry, we don't watch you for your good common sense

wickedknotty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wickedknotty »

Noelle, if you don't take passive aggressive muffins may I please use it? It cracks me up every time I think of it.

Also Flossy as you are the original content creator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

Sure, go for it! It's a great name that should get used, with Flossy's approval as the OCC. :lol:

(It's a little sad that my first thought was, "I can't change my name anyway. Recapping With PassiveAggressiveMuffins won't fit on my vanity card photos." Rebranding no-no!)

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

skwhywhy wrote:Quick subject change

Ok so can someone help me with this.... What is up with Jen and Don's family??? Within the last 3-4 months they have seemed very "blah" with one an other. His mom seems very coarse with Jen.... I can't help but wonder if Suzanne is unhappy with the fact Jen and Don haven't presented her with another grandchild....
I have noticed- and I have mention this before - that if we compare this new vlogs with the older ones, with the whole family - in Utah, where Suzanne was always close to Jen, always smiling, always uuuuhhhhh and awwwww every single thing she said, NOW they talk to each other like normal people.
It could be that they reserve the Aaaamaaaaziiiiiing(s) for Grace, it could be that now that Jen is a career woman - and the most successful among all the Rosses women( I mean, how much can the dead crow foundation bring in terms of revenue and recognition/"fame") that she doesn't need to be babied .

It could be those moments are just not recorded.

It's been also a lot of parties that are no longer hosted by Jen.
she said several times she offer to host the parties, but they've all been at her in-laws or Emily's.

Which honestly makes more sense with a tiny child.

so that is my "something shifted" which means, all can be the same but her new vlogging method is 90% the time her talking to the camera - all zoomed in her face - and the rest 10% feet and food with 0.5% of it showing faces and conversations.

which leads to no conclusions at all :lol:
Last edited by lipstick jungle on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greatwallofxmaschina
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Greatwallofxmaschina »

BinsBinsBins wrote:
sunandsky wrote:
Rory0425 wrote:
The whole idea of "push presents" is pretty new, correct? And does a woman who has a C-section get a gift as well? I think people should just be happy to have a healthy child! I have a friend who has been struggling with infertility and I know she wouldn't want anything besides a baby.
A girl on my friends list got huge pink diamond earrings as a "push present" when she had a c-section. She posted one picture of the baby and at least 20 pictures of her modelling the earrings. :roll:

That's awful. :( My husband got me a small gold necklace with a tiny little diamond on it as a gift when I gave birth to our son. To be fair, his birthstone is a diamond and our wedding anniversary was 2 weeks later, so the necklace was for both. I think a small gift to the mother is a very nice gesture, but when mom-to-be starts demanding things, picking them out herself, and then showing them off more than the kid, you gotta question her values.
My boys were born in the early 80's when disposable nappies (diapers) were rubbish. My husband bought me a new automatic washing machine for me to boil all the terry nappies in! (Yeah........I'm THAT old!)

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

Right, when she started filming feet and close-ups of food more often, no people, I figured it was more of a "people told her to knock the filming off" thing than an "everyone hates Jen" thing. Surprisingly!

But I do think there is some family-wide tension about something else. It's just a very vague feeling. She's actually managed to keep something private for once. Dammit.

She will have to play hostess a time or two this margarita season. Otherwise, what will happen to her plans for the $14 fancy cocktail salt that made her toes curl? Don can't consume it all... Probably.

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

wickedknotty wrote:Noelle, if you don't take passive aggressive muffins may I please use it? It cracks me up every time I think of it.

Also Flossy as you are the original content creator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are hereby named Passive aggressive muffins. Shall you never bring them to a party and always stay in your heart Wicked Knotty. :confetti: I will write your old name down in my new EC with an appropriate sticker. :rofl:

Back to dysfunctional coffee talk...
With Grace it must be easier to have her at Suzanne's or just at home. I hated when my kids were that young visiting my uptight cousin's house. She has no children. The house just wasn't an easy environment to relax in with a toddler. Imagine Grace reaching for a stuffed seasonal snoopy. :o The glare from a disapproving Jen. The Horror.

Rory0425
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rory0425 »

lolobird wrote:
amykins wrote:I know the whole suzanne, emily, jen drama has been a story line on these threads but I honestly haven't seen any direct evidence. I think it's a lot of indirect speculation but I guess that's what a lot of this website is about.

Here's a question if anyone is interested.

Has anyone ever bought anything based on one of jen's reviews/ favorites? I guess the benefit to having someone who consumes so much is that they literally try everything so they can sometimes make some pretty solid recommendations about quality, comparisons, etc.

I can't think of anything I've bought but I am seriously considering the new EC planner. I guess there is a first for everything!
A couple of years back, Jen mentioned the Maybelline color tattoo eye shadow in "pomegranate punk" and I really liked the color. Since it wasn't expensive I bought one and loved it! She also used to mention Birchbox and did the open box reviews, so I did subscribe to Birchbox for a couple of years, but quit when the quality wasn't that great. It seemed like most of the items I passed onto friends or family.

Rory0425
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rory0425 »

loopyloo wrote:
Elyezabeth wrote:What if Winnie actually just pees in random places in the house while Jen's not looking when she's not taken out until halfway through the day? Then Jen doesn't notice because she really only has to inhabit one floor of her house on any given day, what with all the extra microwaves.
Poor Winnie. I hope she isn't walking around with a sore bladder.

There was a documentary on TV about dogs where they put cameras in the homes to record what the dog did when the owner was out. All these owners said, "oh, Fido never climbs on the sofa, he knows he is not allowed". The cameras showed as soon as the owners left the dogs were doing all the stuff they weren't allowed to do!
I miss my little dog, Max. He was almost 16 when he passed away last year. :( He was able to act like a normal dog - you know, sniff, scratch, drink from a bowl, lol.

When I got my first cat I was determined to keep him off the bed! Yeah, that worked well...lol...now he and his sister are always on the bed! It reminds me of the comment about the cameras catching pets doing what they're not supposed to!

MysteriousNancyD
Learner
Learner

Post by MysteriousNancyD »

Really? WTF?

Nancy Drew

Rory0425
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rory0425 »

lolobird wrote:
But overall, Jen has helped me a lot in another way. Seeing her buy something almost always makes me want not want it anymore, if I ever did. I was never much of an impulse shopper (truly, not in the way Jen means it), but watching these Youtubers, especially Jen, over the years has made me even more careful with what I buy and how I spend my money on leisure items. Sometimes I enjoy haul and review videos because I get to see what's new and currently in stores without having to put the effort of going out and browsing the shops.
Jen's done the same thing for me. I will see an item and think, do I just want it, or is this something I need? I used to spend my money on anything I wanted, not really thinking about whether or not I really needed it. Now I do the opposite!

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

MysteriousNancyD wrote:Image

Really? WTF?

Nancy Drew
Right? What the hell is that? You aren't supposed to look right at the sun, I thought.

That stoner theory because less and less of a mere "theory" with every post. Image
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

chicagolandarea
Learner
Learner

Post by chicagolandarea »

My sister (who lives on the lakefront somewhat north of Jen) just posted a "red sun" photo. *sighs* We may need to have a talk...

Princess LushBomb
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Princess LushBomb »

Noelle wrote:Unedited versions of vlogs with brooding family drama. I want to watch that version instead. :( All I see are crackers.

ETA: As in the snack food...
that seriously made me LOL last night.

MCSJ, you didn't have to go all the way to whole foods. I've seen them at Target and *gasp* Walgreen's. ;)

I did start getting Fortune Cookie Soap boxes because of Jen. Also the fact that I am a bath product junkie as well. But despite my name, no bath bombs or anything like that (they won't get used). I actually returned quite a bit to bath and body works a couple of months ago. But that was good since I've used up what was left. :roll:
"Did you all take stupid pills this morning?" credit given to Mr. Potato Head

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

chicagolandarea wrote:My sister (who lives on the lakefront somewhat north of Jen) just posted a "red sun" photo. *sighs* We may need to have a talk...
I just got off my couch to see if we have red sun here too :? I guess we are hazy from strong winds and wildfires out west? At least it wasn't a flower picture and Winnie is getting to pee at a normal time ;)

As for what Jen thing(s) I have bought that I love:
Orla Kiely hanging makeup organizer
Eagle Pack-It Cubes
Ugg slippers

Jen things I'm meh about:
Chocolate Chippies

Jen things I would never consider simply because she recommended it:
Makeup, clothing, planners, Kerry Gold butter

Tension in the family? Hard to say since she shows so little these days since she barely vlogs anymore. I'm not reading too much into less gatherings at their house. Mothers Day was cohosted by Dave & Poopsie, since they are married to, you know, ACTUAL mothers. I'm pretty sure Suzanne has always hosted Easter. And Don is recovering from back surgery and since he does 99.9% of the party duties at their house it makes sense that those would cease for awhile.

I'm more curious about Utah. Have they been at all since January??

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

MysteriousNancyD wrote:Image

Really? WTF?

Nancy Drew
Mr. Sun? :|
Jen, that photo looks like a cigarette burn.
#Winningatinstagram attempt 2,001 A Space Case Odyssey.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

And that's not pink...

But yeah Snobbitch, it feels like they haven't been to Utah in ages. I want to say Christmas? But I could be forgetting a trip since then .

Correction. They didn't go for Christmas in 2014, so I can't remember the last trip at all.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

I am sure I bought stuff Jen talked about.
However, unlike Jen I am not an impulse shopper, so I know I've seen stuff she showed, that I might have found cool, but then gave it time and realized and realized I really did not need it nor want it.

Plus, since I never watched JUST Jen, most of the stuff she mentions, I have seen it on other channels, so I don't think of it as a "Jen thing".

But for now I have no idea what- if any - I got due to Jen.

I did wanted to buy origins, but I had known of the brand for a long time since Tanya Burr - before she turned dumb and started to talk like a 5 year old - used to rave about it.
The stuff I may find cool is pre-youtube stuff.
Jen stuff, if that makes sense.

stuff she copied from catalogs instead of youtubers. But since I don't live in the US, that was the first time I saw it.
Like that box where she keeps the ornaments.

OH, I did read a discovery of witches because she mention it and I had never heard of it and it sounded good. it was ok.

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”