Tea

VogueForBreakfast
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tea!

Post by VogueForBreakfast »

Diorette wrote:My recent favourite tea has been the Celestial Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea
Oh my god, i've been trying to find it FOREVER.. no luck so far :(

VogueForBreakfast
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

My recent favorites:
- Citrus Kiss by GoodEarth. You can really taste the lemon grass and it just wakes you up!
- Blueberry Pomegranate White Tea by Lipton
- Caramel Apple by Yogi
- just regular green tea, regular white tea, regular mint tea

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

has anyone tried the blueberry yogi 'slim' tea? it's supposed to give you a lot of energy and suppress your appetite between meals. my coworker was talking about it and i'm curious now. i never see it at the grocery store, though :/
imma ball til the day i fall

VogueForBreakfast
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Angie V wrote:has anyone tried the blueberry yogi 'slim' tea? it's supposed to give you a lot of energy and suppress your appetite between meals. my coworker was talking about it and i'm curious now. i never see it at the grocery store, though :/
Try Target. I always see it there. I love the brand Yogi, but i never felt the need to buy the blueberry slim because i feel like its just green tea with blueberry flavor. If you want tea that provides energy, try Black Tea.

Sof25l
Learner
Learner

Post by Sof25l »

Can someone tell me what is those wired teas I see gurus rave abot? LOL all the one that involve donuts, cake and other wired sweets in them? Never seen anything like that where I live :o

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

Just ordered a big pick n' mix box of tea samples from teapigs. :D I needed different looking loose teas for a packaging design project, but I can't wait to try the ones I don't use. :D

Sof25l
Learner
Learner

Post by Sof25l »

paintmedance wrote:Just ordered a big pick n' mix box of tea samples from teapigs. :D I needed different looking loose teas for a packaging design project, but I can't wait to try the ones I don't use. :D
Thank haha..trying to order tea ..never felt older

LittlePinky82
Learner
Learner

Post by LittlePinky82 »

I'm a southern woman so I was raised on tea like kids are with water lol. I like plain Lipton and add some sugar to whatever you like. I'm not really into all these other flavors. I like peach tea every once in a while. Sometimes keeping things simple is the best. Although that Christmas cookie one sounds good. I doubt I could find it but in the winter, right?

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Anyone know of any inexspensive monthly tea boxes similar to glossy box but for tea? My mother in law used to get a few around the world for 10$ a month but my hubby doesn't know what company it was. The only ones I can find are ridiculously expensive at anywhere between 30 to 120$ a month.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

VogueForBreakfast wrote:
Angie V wrote:has anyone tried the blueberry yogi 'slim' tea? it's supposed to give you a lot of energy and suppress your appetite between meals. my coworker was talking about it and i'm curious now. i never see it at the grocery store, though :/
Try Target. I always see it there. I love the brand Yogi, but i never felt the need to buy the blueberry slim because i feel like its just green tea with blueberry flavor. If you want tea that provides energy, try Black Tea.
Is it just green tea with blueberry? I'd have to look at the ingredients and see. Oh I have plenty of tea in my pantry haha. I thought maybe the blueberry slim tea had something special in it. Will try target, thanks!
imma ball til the day i fall

halfasiantakeover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by halfasiantakeover »

vclean wrote:I love coffee but am such a noob when it comes to tea
I need a tea that will help me wake up almost as good as coffee
I also need a tea that's really good for helping me fall asleep
Suggestions?
I get so confused which ones have caffeines and which ones are supposed to relax you, also, do ALL teas have health benefits? Or just green tea?
If you're looking for tea with a kick, then black tea will be your friend. Its a tea with an extremely high caffeine content. You can find it in most English tea blends (english breakfast being one), and its common to blend it with more flavorful teas like floral teas to dilute the strong flavor. Buying it loose is the best, but if you prefer bagged tea, buy bagged tea that is labelled "whole leaf." This ensures that you're not just getting powdered tea, which is weaker in flavor.

Herbal teas or tisanes are teas like peppermint, camomile, lemon, or hibiscus. These teas are more to relax you, and many are drunk for their medicinal benefits. Some, like blooming teas, are beautiful to look at (they are made out of various flowers and tea leaves sewn together and "bloom" when hot water is poured over them) and to drink. They're also very easy to make at home. Ginger, lemon, and honey tea is a popular tea to make when you're sick. Some people also add in whiskey or brandy to theirs as well.

Green, black, white, and red tea all have health benefits. It just depends on what health benefits you are looking for:

Green tea is known for aiding weight loss, helping with the prevention of certain diseases, aiding the fight with cancer, and reducing your cholesterol levels. Its full of antioxidants, and can lower the risk of heart disease. The most well known green tea is Matcha (used in the Japanese tea ceremony), followed by Jasmine tea, which is what you usually have when you go out for Asian cuisine.

Black tea is the most caffeinated of all the teas. It's chock full of antioxidants, and can help lower your risk of stroke, lower your cholesterol, and reduce the lung damage caused by second hand smoke. Its the most common tea in the world, and is found most predominantly in Chai, and English tea blends like English Breakfast.

White tea is my personal favorite tea. It has been proven to have the highest concentration of cancer fighting agents, and can help people who are living with diabetes. It's also good for your skin, teeth/gums and immune system. Its a light tea, so its a good tea for blending with floral teas, or as an introduction to drinking tea.

Red tea also known as Rooibos, has no caffeine. It's a great tea to drink if you're anemic, as it helps the body absorb iron more effectively. It has many minerals that are beneficial to the body including magnesium and zinc. It also helps in the fight against free radicals in the body, and improves the circulation in the body. It can also help you sleep, and improve certain skin conditions like excema, acne, and psoriasis. It can also help prevent Alzheimers and Parkinsons, like other teas. It can also be drunk before you go to bed, as it can help you sleep.

You can buy tea in loose leaf blends from places like Davids Tea or Teavana, but they tend to overcharge. Its best to go to a local bulk store to buy loose leaf tea in bulk if you want to try different types, as they tend to carry a large variety of blended and unblended teas. It's also a good choice if you want to try a variety of things to see what you like. For blends like chai, then you can look up recipes and make your own chai tea or chai tea concentrate. Places like Etsy can put you into contact with a seller who can make you a tea blend based on what you like.

Most Chinese herbal stores or tea stores will carry a larger variety of loose leaf teas for a cheaper price then your usual big box tea store. Many online places also carry tea blends. Two Leaves and a Bud is a great choice for whole leaf tea available in a bagged form, and it can be found for a great price at places like Marshalls or TJ Maxx. Blooming tea is also less expensive online then it would be in store.

You can also buy things like milk tea (black tea mixed with condensed milk, popular in HK and used in Bubble Tea), or sweetened green/red/black tea in bottles in most Asian supermarkets. Its best to drink tea without any additives, but many people find bottled tea with sweeteners a bit more palatable as they can come in different flavors. Bubble Tea (or Boba Tea or BBT) is made either with milk tea (most common), black, red, or green tea. Generally speaking, if it looks like a melted Skittle, then its probably made with milk tea. You can also have it made with green/black/red tea, and add in flavors that way. Its how I personally drink BBT, as I hate milk tea.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of a tea freak. I grew up drinking it, and still love it! If you can find it for a good price, Dragon Pearl (or Pheonix Pearl) Jasmine green tea is amazing. It usually costs about $40/lb, but its amazing.

molangflower
Learner
Learner

Post by molangflower »

Anyone take a tea bath? Was thinking of doing it, but I don't want to waste all those tea bags.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

tamithomas wrote:Anyone know of any inexspensive monthly tea boxes similar to glossy box but for tea? My mother in law used to get a few around the world for 10$ a month but my hubby doesn't know what company it was. The only ones I can find are ridiculously expensive at anywhere between 30 to 120$ a month.

Great_mmm2
Talker
Talker

Post by Great_mmm2 »

I love tea, but I've never tried it with milk and I've only had herbal teas. I've had lemongrass, chamomile, cinnamon, bronco, and of course green tea. I never knew there was sugar cookie flavored tea I find that a bit weird.

v_illa
Informer
Informer

Post by v_illa »

i love tea! My favourite is black tea but I like white tea as well (not a fan of green tea). I prefer buying loose leaf teas, they tend to taste fresher imo and I like mixing different teas while steeping or adding other flavours (e.g. dried cranberries, cardamom) while I steep

pinkhippos
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pinkhippos »

I love plain teas but I can't stand flavoured teas at all. I always hear great reviews about Celestial Seasons' sugar cookie flavoured tea but I think it is so gross. There is also this mint chocolate tea I have tried that had rave reviews online but just tasted like muddy peppermint tea. :/

Anyways, my favourite teas are peppermint, green (leaf not matcha), jasmine tea and white tea. I love peppermint in the evenings when I am trying to relax and then I usually drink green tea instead of coffee in the mornings.

VogueForBreakfast
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

You guys should try a tea by Lipton called "black tea with vanilla and caramel" Its soooo good, especially if you have a sweet tooth.

go_further
Informer
Informer

Post by go_further »

I usually like white jazmin tea, but lately I found a detox tea from World Market and it seriously cleanses you! better drink it 2-3 hours before sleep so you go in the morning right away

wanderer
Debater
Debater

Post by wanderer »

does anyone have any experience/ good results with laxative teas and if they are actually effective with weight loss? Obviously not to use in crazy amounts or anything because I don't want to damage my body, but just to use alongside a good diet and working out. I'm looking to slim down a bit

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

I've tried a licorice tea. it works if you take it before bed. I had purchased it in conjunction with the master cleanse thingy.. I find it really dehydrates a body.
:love2: :love2:

Return to “Food”