Macbarbie07/Bethany Mota - Part 4

FEDORALICIOUS
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Macbarbie07/Bethany Mota - Part 4

Post by FEDORALICIOUS »

Probably has a PR team encouraging her to collaborate with others. I think she's always thought she was good enough to do things alone.

FEDORALICIOUS
Debater
Debater

Post by FEDORALICIOUS »

Also, is Aeropostale still partnering up with her? I don't recall if I've seen her collection in stores lately since I haven't gone inside one.

girleatworld
Talker
Talker

Post by girleatworld »

ABC News posted that video and interview of Bethany and people are ripping her apart in the comments and calling her irrelevant lol. As for the video itself- I couldn't even get through half of it. It's just about the same bullying story she's been repeating since the beginning of her career and how she hopes to inspire young girls to be confident and all that crap. Honestly, if you've watched one Bethany interview you've watched them all. Curious to see how much longer her career can last off of that story or at all since she's past her prime.

girleatworld
Talker
Talker

Post by girleatworld »

FEDORALICIOUS wrote:Also, is Aeropostale still partnering up with her? I don't recall if I've seen her collection in stores lately since I haven't gone inside one.
Nope. Her line ended a few years ago. I think Aeropostale is bankrupt anyway.

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

girleatworld wrote:
FEDORALICIOUS wrote:Also, is Aeropostale still partnering up with her? I don't recall if I've seen her collection in stores lately since I haven't gone inside one.

Gotcha, they did away with her collaboration rather quietly then didn't they? I consider myself well-versed in fashion and news and stuff and it never even came to my mind until now. It felt like just yesterday I walked into Aeropostale and saw her giant face all over the place in the store. Now they're going back to their beach-y type models because that's the last thing I saw from what I remember. That image will do better for them now in the Instagram-era.

I mentioned this before but I saw her at Beautycon NYC two years in a row and she repeated the exact same speech over both times. She doesn't have an original bone left in her. The kids who grew up with her now have boatloads of new YouTubers to fawn over. If anyone heard I was watching Bethany in 2017, they'd be like "What, are we in 2009 or what?"

girleatworld
Talker
Talker

Post by girleatworld »

cherryGummybear wrote:
girleatworld wrote:

Gotcha, they did away with her collaboration rather quietly then didn't they? I consider myself well-versed in fashion and news and stuff and it never even came to my mind until now. It felt like just yesterday I walked into Aeropostale and saw her giant face all over the place in the store. Now they're going back to their beach-y type models because that's the last thing I saw from what I remember. That image will do better for them now in the Instagram-era.

I mentioned this before but I saw her at Beautycon NYC two years in a row and she repeated the exact same speech over both times. She doesn't have an original bone left in her. The kids who grew up with her now have boatloads of new YouTubers to fawn over. If anyone heard I was watching Bethany in 2017, they'd be like "What, are we in 2009 or what?"
If anything I think she was the one ended that collaboration quietly lol. She seems pretty deliberate about what she wants or doesn't want to promote. Like... she most definitely chose to not promote or say ANYTHING about her god awful music video a couple of years ago. She also never promoted her school supplies line at Target, which was pretty odd.

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

If anything I think she was the one ended that collaboration quietly lol. She seems pretty deliberate about what she wants or doesn't want to promote. Like... she most definitely chose to not promote or say ANYTHING about her god awful music video a couple of years ago. She also never promoted her school supplies line at Target, which was pretty odd.
That is kinda messed up. Target obviously wanted her to, wonder why she didn't.

Jamba202
Learner
Learner

Post by Jamba202 »

I feel like she changed so much

elsawillett98
Learner
Learner

Post by elsawillett98 »

crazy how fast her career changed, she was like #1 for SO long. then she did DWTS and disappeared and never managed to make a full comeback. really sad honestly!

Changeofheart
Debater
Debater

Post by Changeofheart »

I really do feel like DWTS was the nail in the coffin for the "old bethany" part of me wishes she had never done it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Why is that? I'm just curious. Is that when she completely stopped doing her videos? Or at least any good quality ones?

MelH
Learner
Learner

Post by MelH »

cherryGummybear wrote:Why is that? I'm just curious. Is that when she completely stopped doing her videos? Or at least any good quality ones?

As soon as she was on DWTS she stopped doing videos.. because she was so "busy" with the show. I get the show is demanding but she could have easily sat down and have done a sit down video. There are athletes/musicians that go on that show that still have performances/athletic trainings and touring the world and they make it work. Its just that youtube kids think they are busy if they do more than 4 hours of work per day.

one year after dwts she still wasnt posting.. because she was busy

and lol these days it seems like all she does is just book photo shoots with instagram photos. thats just so sad and narcissistic. i love how she puts all these stupid captions on the photos just to post them...

Changeofheart
Debater
Debater

Post by Changeofheart »

I 100% agree with the above. I watched Beth's videos a lot yet never really kept up with her so I may be wrong, but I also feel like her appearance started changing around when her time on DWTS began. She started spray tanning whitening her teeth, her hair looked more damaged, etc. If it makes her happy then whatever but she just looks unrecognizable in some photos

FEDORALICIOUS
Debater
Debater

Post by FEDORALICIOUS »

Yes!! Why are her teeth so white and why are all her photos staged and professional? Wouldn't it be more "influencer" like to just take candid pics, albeit good quality ones? I think she's behind the times, she's probably invested in a good photo team, but it's probably not necessary.

Changeofheart
Debater
Debater

Post by Changeofheart »

I like watching her old videos and there are always so many comments saying they miss the "old bethany" she should go back to her roots, it's possible to grow as a person without alienating your audience

pradacandyxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pradacandyxo »

FEDORALICIOUS wrote:Yes!! Why are her teeth so white and why are all her photos staged and professional? Wouldn't it be more "influencer" like to just take candid pics, albeit good quality ones? I think she's behind the times, she's probably invested in a good photo team, but it's probably not necessary.
she got veneers aka porcelain teeth that look fake and white and hers are way too big for her mouth
"if these lips ain't sucking your dick than you don't have anything to say" - Trasha Paytas :rofl: :roll:

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

She's very "safe" in a way I can't explain....sort of like Miranda Cosgrove? Sort of boring and plain but at least your base fan will always be there. I'm not surprised tho, look what happened to Michelle Phan. Were they popular around the same time?

urbandecay99
Lurker
Lurker

Post by urbandecay99 »

anyone else hate when gurus in the same kind of "genre" as bethany post super professional trying-to-look-sexy-shots on instagram and then caption them with something stupid and "goofy" that they probably saw on a forever21 t-shirt to try to be relatable? literally every youtuber does this and it actually really annoys me
- A

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Yes, like an image she posted where she is completely decked out in makeup, professional hair and lighting and a super sultry pose or stare.

And the caption is something like "WHEN YOU SEE THE WAITER COMING WITH YOUR FOOD".

JUST POST YOUR PIC AND GOOOOOOOOO.

MelH
Learner
Learner

Post by MelH »

Well this is interesting.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-es ... gn-1031387

http://www.tubefilter.com/2017/08/22/st ... -contract/

Hahaha. I follow another youtuber who was on this Hawaii trip and she posted like 3 insta sponsored posts and 2 youtube sponsored videos about the trip. And I knew Bethany was on there and she posted nothing. I knew something was up.. In one of the videos the youtuber posted they were making flower crowns and she joined in the shot randomly half way through....

Funny how she thinks shes such a special snowflake to the social media world. DO YOU THINK THE COMPANY WAS JUST GIVING YOU A FREE HAWAII TRIP??

Lmao. Wow. you work for once.

Very deserved..

Just shows her true character.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”