DIY Skincare/Beauty??

DIY Skincare/Beauty??

Post by Guest »

Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you have any DIY or homemade skincare secrets? My skin has been freaking out lately and I read when that happens it's a good idea to step away from the chemicals and harsh cleansers and try something simple. I have heard good things on YT about yoghurt, for example, and oatmeal, but I don't know anybody who's actually done it?

schadenfreude
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DIY Skincare/Beauty??

Post by schadenfreude »

Honey can be super good for skin too, but as with everything some people are sensitive to it.

I remove all make up with baby oil, my skin loves me for that.

booknerd1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by booknerd1 »

for mask flu can mix honey and yogurt and leave sit on for 15-30 minutes
for a toner i would recommend 5 drops of tea tree oil and witch hazel mixed together

Branflakes
Debater
Debater

Post by Branflakes »

I do egg masks sometimes and those seem to work for me. Some people put the on the egg white and the egg yolk separately, but I just whisk them both together because I'm kinda lazy and it still works for me lol. ;) Just whisk it up a bit, put it on, let it dry, and rinse it off (and repeat if you're doing them separately)! I've also heard that crushing up aspirin or using the powdered aspirin and mixing it into a paste makes for a good mask, but I've never tried that. It seems like it'd be kind of drying imo but I have a friend who's done it and she didn't have any problems so it might be something to look into.

(I have combination skin with minor acne.)

Kriips98
Learner
Learner

Post by Kriips98 »

Avocado can really help with moisture, both hair and skin. Google told me something called carotenoids are supposedly responsible as it's really good for health but only if they are absorbed into your cells, taking fat with carotenoids helps it absorb properly.

I also love using honey and oatmeal, Honey is antibacterial and a humectant and oatmeal makes your skin so lovely and soft.

I make my own body butter by whipping coconut oil, cocoa butter and a little bit of olive oil together - it works so well and smells like chocolate <3 (just don't use on your face, it can REALLY clog your pores)
Striving to be better and better each day

Post by Guest »

I use witch hazel as an astringent right after I wash my face! Not really a DIY but it really helps on days when my face gets red and irritated. Sometimes I even cut my cotton pads in half, soak it in witch hazel, and just leave them to soak under my eyes. It's a really good and natural pick-me-up. :)

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Honey and avacado mask is really good and yummy too :)

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

I DIY pretty much everything I use on my skin. A vitamin-C serum, a lactic acid toner, hyaluronic acid gel, etc.

I also use a few "home remedy" type of recipes. My favorite is oatmeal baths.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I recently started grating a cucumber and then using cotton rounds to soak up the juice, squeeze out slightly and then place all over my face as a sheet mask (i havent found plain, dry sheet masks as yet)
It really does reduce the redness and depuff eyes! No joke!
Whats left of the pulp Ill save for a "mask" in itself the next day

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

Cucumbers are the best thing for skin. Whether you are eating them or applying them topically. Tons of vitamin K, copper, and silica at a really good price. You can't beat it! :tu: Even if you buy organic cucumbers they are still dirt cheap compared to most other produce.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

Return to “Skincare”