potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 5

Post by potnoodlegirl »

Lorena wrote:
Adelaide wrote:I respect her for making this video because I really think that it would make a young viewer second-guess wanting a nose job. The procedure sounds horrific.

I'm really surprised that her first job was botched though. Her Dad's a doctor and you'd think that he would have done more research and only sent her to a top surgeon. Has Elle ever admitted to hers?
I agree, I think making this video was the best idea she's had in ages! and yes, I don't know how they could choose such a bad surgeon! I wonder if Elle's nose is also botched. I think it is because she's always sounded kind of nasal even years after the surgery! and it doesn't even look that good!
potnoodlegirl wrote:I wish she'd realise that ignoring her first nose job was what made people start to dislike her. She thought her viewers were too stupid to notice that her nose halved in size and she had pinprick nostrils.

Also this sounds horrendous. Why the hell would you put yourself through rhonoplasty on purpose? They ground bone off her rib and chopped off her ear to get cartilage!
you're so right about your first comment!

and actually, for botched rhinoplasties getting cartilage elsewhere is a standard procedure. the reason her nose was collapsing and she had so many sinus infections was that her previous surgeon removed too much, her nose had no structure!
Yeah, I know it's standard for second rhinoplasties but it's still an operation where if you have the first one you're risking having to do all this to fix it with a second procedure. Especially at 17 when your face is still developing!

skidazzle
Talker
Talker

Post by skidazzle »

starlight7 wrote:First of all: There's still people who think she's a role model? :?

The rib and ear thing is normal procedure for a revision rhinoplasty (I watch a lot of Botched :D ), there's nothing too crazy about that. Her nose looks better but nowhere near as good as her original nose. She's the perfect example of someone who didn't need a nose job but got one anyway. And that's exactly why underage people shouldn't make this kind of decision. I think her parents were too lax on her by letting her do it at 17.

Overall she doesn't look good though, her face is WHITE. You live in California girl.
I totally agree with you that Blair did not need a nose job, much less at 17. This is an instance where her parents really should've put their foot down. The only gripe I have with your comment is about her skin, mainly because there's nothing wrong with being pale, even if you live in a sunny place. I myself am extremely pale and I'm from and live in the Caribbean. Sorry, it's just a sensitive subject for me because I've been teased my entire life by my peers because my skin doesn't look like what people's skin should supposedly look like when they live in a sunny tropical island. I just can't help it, that's my skin tone.

poppy
Informer
Informer

Post by poppy »

Ouch!! The parts about the scalp, ear and rib made me feel sick!!! I can't believe how much work it took to correct it. The original doctor sounds like some back street surgeon, where on earth did they find him?!

I wonder if Elle has had the same problems too? Surely she now must be thinking she has permanent stitches in her face also. What a shamble that nose job has been, and one she didn't even need in the first place!

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

I always thought Elle's nose was too small/short for her face. She has long, defined features and a smaller nose just pinches her face.

I don't feel bad about their botched noses. They were blocking people left and right and threatening to sue back in the day for anyone who said anything about them.

I love plastic surgery and I'm so fascinated by it lolol...research is key.

loblolly
Informer
Informer

Post by loblolly »

This makes me sad. The girl's original nose was best. Her mom should have taken her to a psychiatrist instead. Or perhaps her mom is the one who needs mental help. What kind of parent allows their already beautiful daughter to change HER FACE at age seventeen?! Nobody in their right mind gives in to that.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I actually thought her first nose job looked great once it healed (and before it collapsed). She had a nice straight and well defined bridge that was a good side, and he profile looked great as well. I know a lot of people thought her bulbous was too big or that her new, rounder nose made her look asian, but I thought it looked nice. But maybe it's just because I'm asian and think her nose looked like a nice, asian nose

BroncosLover
Learner
Learner

Post by BroncosLover »

skidazzle wrote:
starlight7 wrote:First of all: There's still people who think she's a role model? :?

The rib and ear thing is normal procedure for a revision rhinoplasty (I watch a lot of Botched :D ), there's nothing too crazy about that. Her nose looks better but nowhere near as good as her original nose. She's the perfect example of someone who didn't need a nose job but got one anyway. And that's exactly why underage people shouldn't make this kind of decision. I think her parents were too lax on her by letting her do it at 17.

Overall she doesn't look good though, her face is WHITE. You live in California girl.
I totally agree with you that Blair did not need a nose job, much less at 17. This is an instance where her parents really should've put their foot down. The only gripe I have with your comment is about her skin, mainly because there's nothing wrong with being pale, even if you live in a sunny place. I myself am extremely pale and I'm from and live in the Caribbean. Sorry, it's just a sensitive subject for me because I've been teased my entire life by my peers because my skin doesn't look like what people's skin should supposedly look like when they live in a sunny tropical island. I just can't help it, that's my skin tone.
^^ Yeah I agree - just because you live in California doesn't mean you are tan. There are such things as genetics and/or staying indoors lol

Ireth0
Informer
Informer

Post by Ireth0 »

For those of you who might not remember from back in the day; Blair tans extremely easily and gets very dark. She takes after her mom's side of the family in that regard.

ebbandflow989
Informer
Informer

Post by ebbandflow989 »

BroncosLover wrote:
LoulouVi wrote:Didn't the two sisters gain weight at the same time? I could be wrong, but Elle looked heavier than she was in those bikini pics she took with her back then boyfriend. Gainging weght happens to a lot of people. Sinchronizing with your sister that you don't share house with and has a different life path, that's quite a coincidence.

I personally think they both look healthier and more normal with a little weight on their bones. It probably just means they are actually eating and not over-exercising or starving themselves.
I wonder they were malnourished from their restrictive diets. It would explain elle's broken back and blair's osteoporosis-like bones, neither of which are common for healthy young adults. I agree they look healthier now, hopefully the weight gain was a conscious step to not be unhealthily thin.

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

ebbandflow989 wrote:I wonder they were malnourished from their restrictive diets. It would explain elle's broken back and blair's osteoporosis-like bones, neither of which are common for healthy young adults. I agree they look healthier now, hopefully the weight gain was a conscious step to not be unhealthily thin.
Im not doubting you, but when did she mention this?
BOO

ebbandflow989
Informer
Informer

Post by ebbandflow989 »

Boo wrote:
ebbandflow989 wrote:I wonder they were malnourished from their restrictive diets. It would explain elle's broken back and blair's osteoporosis-like bones, neither of which are common for healthy young adults. I agree they look healthier now, hopefully the weight gain was a conscious step to not be unhealthily thin.
Im not doubting you, but when did she mention this?
in her revision rhinoplasty video around 13:30. To paraphrase, when the surgeon went into her ribs to rebuild her nose bridge apparently her ribs are similar to that of a 60 year old, brittle and osteoporosis-like with no cartilage.

skidazzle
Talker
Talker

Post by skidazzle »

ebbandflow989 wrote:
BroncosLover wrote:
LoulouVi wrote:Didn't the two sisters gain weight at the same time? I could be wrong, but Elle looked heavier than she was in those bikini pics she took with her back then boyfriend. Gainging weght happens to a lot of people. Sinchronizing with your sister that you don't share house with and has a different life path, that's quite a coincidence.

I personally think they both look healthier and more normal with a little weight on their bones. It probably just means they are actually eating and not over-exercising or starving themselves.
I wonder they were malnourished from their restrictive diets. It would explain elle's broken back and blair's osteoporosis-like bones, neither of which are common for healthy young adults. I agree they look healthier now, hopefully the weight gain was a conscious step to not be unhealthily thin.
^^^ Literally this was the first thing that came to my mind. When she mentioned it in the video, to me it made absolute sense that her restrictive diet might be the culprit. I'm not a doctor, but after years and years of eating tiny portions and not receiving the proper nutrients (combined with how evidently prone she is to getting sick because she gets sick all the time) this was bound to have an effect in her body. And for those who might argue that given her dad's a doctor she should know better... well, yes but no. Her dad's the doctor, not her. So even though he might steer her in the right direction, his knowledge is not her own and who's to say she would follow advice anyway? In any case, while her dad definitely knows about properly balanced diets and whatnot, that's not his specialty. He's not a nutritionist, nor did he ever run their household, so I doubt he planned anyone's meals or even paid much attention to how little his daughters eat.

chicagomonster
Learner
Learner

Post by chicagomonster »

skidazzle wrote:
ebbandflow989 wrote:
BroncosLover wrote:

^^^ Literally this was the first thing that came to my mind. When she mentioned it in the video, to me it made absolute sense that her restrictive diet might be the culprit. I'm not a doctor, but after years and years of eating tiny portions and not receiving the proper nutrients (combined with how evidently prone she is to getting sick because she gets sick all the time) this was bound to have an effect in her body. And for those who might argue that given her dad's a doctor she should know better... well, yes but no. Her dad's the doctor, not her. So even though he might steer her in the right direction, his knowledge is not her own and who's to say she would follow advice anyway? In any case, while her dad definitely knows about properly balanced diets and whatnot, that's not his specialty. He's not a nutritionist, nor did he ever run their household, so I doubt he planned anyone's meals or even paid much attention to how little his daughters eat.
What restrictive diets? I have no clue how they eat tbqh.

Amybee
Talker
Talker

Post by Amybee »

While I do believe that back in 2011 some might have told her she was a role model... that is definitely not the case in the present. I highly doubt anyone is coming up to her and saying she's a role model. Her views are terrible, her video style is outdated, and her content isn't appealing anymore. Watching her videos is like watching YouTube in 2009.

GeraldtheGiraffe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GeraldtheGiraffe »

chicagomonster wrote:
skidazzle wrote:
ebbandflow989 wrote:
BroncosLover wrote:

One of them (I don't remember which) did a "What I eat in a day" video back when they first moved into those condos. I'm too lazy to find it, but in the video you could see that they were eating insanely small portions, where people were speculating that there may have been some sort of disordered eating going on, and thats how they stayed so thin.

GeraldtheGiraffe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GeraldtheGiraffe »

chicagomonster wrote:
skidazzle wrote:
ebbandflow989 wrote:
BroncosLover wrote:

One of them (I don't remember which) did a "What I eat in a day" video back when they first moved into those condos. I'm too lazy to find it, but in the video you could see that they were eating insanely small portions, where people were speculating that there may have been some sort of disordered eating going on, and thats how they stayed so thin.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 1873 »

GeraldtheGiraffe wrote:
chicagomonster wrote:
skidazzle wrote:
ebbandflow989 wrote:
BroncosLover wrote:
Yes, I remember this. And I think both of them did and it was very little food for both.
Also, Elle's reliance on coffee and diet coke screams that she's using it as an appetite suppressant.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

just watch some of her vlogs, i rewatched some vlogs from 2014 recently and pretty much every single morning all she has was a greek yoghurt and coffee. maybe also a luna bar. that's still a ridiculous breakfast to have.
she also often mentions 'it's 5-6-7 pm and i havent eaten anything today'
so yeah, it's more than obvious

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

Props to her for that vlog and being transparent about it. Can't believe she didn't mention audible with something like "I listened to audible during my recovery, go get your free book!" lol. But glad she didn't turn it into an advertisement.

Pinky0
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pinky0 »

glamgrl wrote:Props to her for that vlog and being transparent about it. Can't believe she didn't mention audible with something like "I listened to audible during my recovery, go get your free book!" lol. But glad she didn't turn it into an advertisement.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Return to “juicystar07”