MsGoldGirl Part 2

addicted2makeup
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MsGoldGirl Part 2

Post by addicted2makeup »

VanessaVanity wrote:Wow the comments today! I bet she'll address this in a future video. I kind of fell in love with the person who wrote "Your husband is obviously a very very patient man."
66 thumbs down so far, possibly a new record! Next she'll have babe on video telling us how it doesn't bother him. I sure hope he gets his lines right and doesn't end up looking like Jake did when he was forced to tell everyone he doesn't mind being on video :rofl:

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

She's being ridiculous though. If you're going to have your husband film videos with you then you're going to have to let the man speak. I don't care what dynamic has "worked" for you for the past 20 years :roll: , if you want people to watch the videos you film together...you have to make sure they're filmed in a way that makes it enjoyable for your viewers to watch. Marnie needs to get over herself and either let him speak or stop filming with him. Sheesh.

addicted2makeup
Learner
Learner

fiercelyprivate wrote:She's being ridiculous though. If you're going to have your husband film videos with you then you're going to have to let the man speak. I don't care what dynamic has "worked" for you for the past 20 years :roll: , if you want people to watch the videos you film together...you have to make sure they're filmed in a way that makes it enjoyable for your viewers to watch. Marnie needs to get over herself and either let him speak or stop filming with him. Sheesh.
Couldn't agree more! The thumbs down just keep coming. I wonder if it will get to 100 :o

lovethesun
Learner
Learner

Post by lovethesun »

I don't get her excuse that she talks over him because she is nervous. She has been doing youtube for over 5 years and has been married for years , I don't believe one bit she is nervous, to me it almost seems like she is afraid of what he'll say to the viewers. This video was terrible and I could not watch the whole thing, as she really got on my nerves. Her being able to take the criticism and write a nice reply sure did not last long as I see she is back to her old ways, yelling at the subscribers.

VanessaVanity
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VanessaVanity »

Honestly aside from the obvious annoying way she talked over Babe, I have to say I didn't really get the point of the video in the first place. I didn't make it all the way through because who could? But I mean it's women who watch her, right? Who gives an F what Babe's AM routine is, and how fast he gets out the door using his 2 in 1 products, etc. What exactly am I supposed to do with this info?
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

VanessaVanity wrote:Honestly aside from the obvious annoying way she talked over Babe, I have to say I didn't really get the point of the video in the first place. I didn't make it all the way through because who could? But I mean it's women who watch her, right? Who gives an F what Babe's AM routine is, and how fast he gets out the door using his 2 in 1 products, etc. What exactly am I supposed to do with this info?
I think the point is that some people are dumb enough to watch a video like this and then rush out to buy the same products for their husbands/partners using Marnie's affiliate links *cha ching* She even has an affiliate link for Michael's shirt :roll: Maybe some of her viewers think their husbands will turn into "babe" if they buy them the same skincare products :lol:

I'm with you though...I really couldn't care less what his AM routine is. She's just whoring her husband out for views.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

I dont believe for a second that the talking over Michael (which was definitely at an all time high in that video) had anything to do with nerves. She will film in front of anyone and has no shame. I also don't think she was afraid of what Michael might say (that is what editing is for). She just cannot stand when she isnt the center of attention and the star of the show. Simple as that.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:I dont believe for a second that the talking over Michael (which was definitely at an all time high in that video) had anything to do with nerves. She will film in front of anyone and has no shame. I also don't think she was afraid of what Michael might say (that is what editing is for). She just cannot stand when she isnt the center of attention and the star of the show. Simple as that.
Marnie is talking out of both sides of her mouth. On one hand, she's saying it's nerves. On the other hand, she's saying that's how they've been communicating for the last 20 years. Which is it, Marnie? Pick one :roll: I don't even understand how her saying it's nerves makes any sort of sense. If Michael says the wrong thing or rambles on too much, she can always stop him and get things back on track in real life then edit all the "stuff" out to make it look seamless. It's not like they're on live TV :roll: It's more likely the explanation is that she has a domineering personality who can't help but butt in and re-word what her husband is saying in any given moment or adding information that she thinks he should add etc. My boss is like that and she's an annoying pain in the ass to talk to. She keeps cutting you off in an attempt to either correct you or to finish your sentence the way she thinks you're going to/should finish it. It's very exhausting being in a conversation with people like that.

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

Ouch! :o The commets.100 thumbs down.
Calm down Marnie. It's hard to pay attention when you talk over Babe. It's about quality of video not quality of your marriage.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Well I call bullshit on the nerves excuse. She was perfectly relaxed and perfectly obnoxious. She kept shaking her head at him and correcting him. I wanted to smack her for being so rude.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Christybelle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Christybelle »

I generally like her videos, however, I don't know exactly what is going on lately, but I'm to chalk it up to everyone being in summer mode. I hate the M & M Mondays. I am not some 20 something that needs to know how to budget and after the first video, I didn't watch the rest. I tried to watch the one yesterday and couldn't get through it. I don't care who it is, I can't stand people talking over one another. I tend to not watch an entire collab video when the participants continually try to talk over the other. I found it interesting that she accused one commentor of trying to cause a problem in her marriage when the person commenting wasn't. I think the idea of M & M Monday is a good, but I think the execution needs some work.
I'm sure she's reaching for new content because her channel appears to have stagnated a bit. She does nothing but vlog, plug her affiliate links and talk about BaubleBar and Kendra Scott. Occassionaly she will do a review of products that was sent to her, but I'd like to see her go out, buy some products that she is truly interested in trying and reviewing and then tell us about it. It seems that the majority of her recent product videos start with 'a company recenly reached out to me....." I like that she's my age in the land of 20somethings, but she isn't enlightening me to anything new, any new ideas, products to try, etc, but I'm going to be purging my sub list soon and this channel that is on the bubble of not making the cut.

Bchbunnie4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bchbunnie4 »

Christybelle wrote:I generally like her videos, however, I don't know exactly what is going on lately, but I'm to chalk it up to everyone being in summer mode. I hate the M & M Mondays. I am not some 20 something that needs to know how to budget and after the first video, I didn't watch the rest. I tried to watch the one yesterday and couldn't get through it. I don't care who it is, I can't stand people talking over one another. I tend to not watch an entire collab video when the participants continually try to talk over the other. I found it interesting that she accused one commentor of trying to cause a problem in her marriage when the person commenting wasn't. I think the idea of M & M Monday is a good, but I think the execution needs some work.
I'm sure she's reaching for new content because her channel appears to have stagnated a bit. She does nothing but vlog, plug her affiliate links and talk about BaubleBar and Kendra Scott. Occassionaly she will do a review of products that was sent to her, but I'd like to see her go out, buy some products that she is truly interested in trying and reviewing and then tell us about it. It seems that the majority of her recent product videos start with 'a company recenly reached out to me....." I like that she's my age in the land of 20somethings, but she isn't enlightening me to anything new, any new ideas, products to try, etc, but I'm going to be purging my sub list soon and this channel that is on the bubble of not making the cut.
I feel the same way you do. These Monday videos are not doing it for me at all, it doesn't really flow with her channel.

Peanut86
Learner
Learner

Post by Peanut86 »

I've noticed Marnie doesn't know how to act when she's with other women. I'm sure they feel obligated to include her. I know I wouldn't want her around with her awkwardness and that camera!

Oopsie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Oopsie »

OK, so I decided to see what this M&M Mondays was all about.. I chose this most recent one.. I don't need Ms, I'm so perfect and know it all, telling me how to budget. And from the sounds of the posts on it, I made a good choice! Who cares about his morning routine.. It's pretty standard anyway...duhhh, Marnie They were talking about how poor Mikey can't use products with fragrance.. Chatted for to long about it and why, IMO.. Uhmmmm, in an earlier vlog, in the car, she mentioned he used her, gasp! body wash, and it was OK, since he couldn't smell it, and she didn't think it smelled girly... They went on to explain, how he can't smell. Old football injury or something.... So, if he can't smell, but uses her scented body wash, yet, can't stand to use anything with fragrance, because of the smell...huh!? :? And I can not call him *babe* {he's nice looking, but he's not all that...IMHO} I get why most of you do, since she calls him that...all.the.time. I guarantee, as much as I can ;) he now reads here, and thinks you are all going on about what a stud he is.. :rofl: Have you noticed how the split second he sees he's on camera, he now quickly gets a big 'ol smile on his face? He used to not make any expression, but what seemed more like annoyance... And everything now is an affiliate link? Yeah, that's very telling. I usually don't put any stock in people who do that, and seem to only do good reviews on what they are sent... Reached out to her... :rofl: I highly doubt all those companies have, *reached out* to her... Look at the long laundry list..
She's contacting them for free crap and seeing of they have an affiliate program... I'll stop now...sorry... :D

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

Yeah, of all things to talk about. I guess the speaking over babe :rofl: didn't bother me this time because I skimmed the whole boring thing. They could talk about upkeep on the pool and it would be more interesting.

addicted2makeup
Learner
Learner

I'm starting to think that family is just lazy. I'm guessing that home security they were going to install a few months ago was just too much work. Does anyone know if that was sent to them? I was actually very interested in it. Another thing is the dresser that "babe" put together wrong is driving me nuts!

Suggestions for Marnie and Babe:

Don't be lazy, take that dresser apart and try again...it's not rocket science. Or have Shane " the honor student" figure it out for you ;) It's pretty bad when you can see the blinds through the giant crack.

Marnie, let your viewers know you ONLY want POSITIVE feedback :rofl: Over 120 thumbs down means something is wrong. The people I watch that have 45,000 views don't even have that many thumbs downs. Imagine if you were watching the news and everyone was talking over one another. Would you even bother watching?!

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

How long till Marnie bites this person's head off :lol:

addicted2makeup
Learner
Learner

fiercelyprivate wrote:How long till Marnie bites this person's head off :lol:

Is that in today's video? lol

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

addicted2makeup wrote:
fiercelyprivate wrote:How long till Marnie bites this person's head off :lol:

Is that in today's video? lol
Yes, it's from today's Empties video. Anyway she replied and she managed to contain herself. Probably in damage control mode from Monday's fiasco :lol:

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

It will be so interesting to see how she addresses Mondays's video NEXT Monday because you know she will. My guess is that she says that is the dynamic of their relationship while she makes Michael sit there nodding in agreement.

Return to “MsGoldGirl”