xxmakeupiscoolxx Part 2

fairyzo
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: xxmakeupiscoolxx Part 2

Post by fairyzo »

she also says in one of her art videos "i'm not gay by the way" or something, which i think is interesting because she's never mentioned it before, and we all saw that she had that 'her' app
the fact she went out of her ay to say she wasn't gay for no reason probably indicates that she is, and maybe she's saying it due to that video hailey did

courtneytalia
Talker
Talker

Post by courtneytalia »

fairyzo wrote:she also says in one of her art videos "i'm not gay by the way" or something, which i think is interesting because she's never mentioned it before, and we all saw that she had that 'her' app
the fact she went out of her ay to say she wasn't gay for no reason probably indicates that she is, and maybe she's saying it due to that video hailey did
Or maybe she just said it because all she paints is girl on girl/guy on guy action lol
This post is sponsored by sUgAr bEar hAiR

Jaques
Learner
Learner

Post by Jaques »

Can we just take a moment.

Posting her reference image really wasn't a good move.

God I'm such a bitch, couldn't resist. :rofl:

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Lol! Some of the stuff I've seen her paint isn't too terrible, but she tends to paint a lot of people and that doesn't seem like her strong suit. Maybe she's trying to get better at it and practice makes perfect, but I wouldn't have posted either of those babies :rofl:

michaelarules3
Lurker
Lurker

Post by michaelarules3 »

So... Where is she? She's ALWAYS on Spotify... She will update her insta a decent amount... but is really that hard to post a video on Youtube? And everybody on insta is commenting asking her when she posting again and all she does is like the comment BUT NEVER POSTS A NEW VIDEO! She's lowkey probably just waiting for another sponsorship to make a video tbh... :? Also, she definitely just had a month for winter vaca and she doesn't exactly have a job if I remember correctly... Soooo...

s1dthesqu1d
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by s1dthesqu1d »

Jaques wrote:Can we just take a moment.

Posting her reference image really wasn't a good move.

God I'm such a bitch, couldn't resist. :rofl:
My art teacher would NEVER let us submit something with such a messy composition. Especially when drawing from a reference image. And I'm only in high school drawing! I admit, she is improving, but it's obvious that she hasn't paid much attention to the basics of anatomy and proportions, head rotation, etc. The fact that she expects people to pay for things like that... :?

jorah
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jorah »

What is up with her sudden religious kick? I'm not trying to knock anyone's beliefs, but her sudden onslaught of "I paint for God, God made me to be an artist, blessed to create for Jesus" messages seems to be so sudden and laid on so thick that I have to wonder what brought it about. I only found her around the time of her Oreo mascara video, but was she particularly religious at any time before that?

s1dthesqu1d
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by s1dthesqu1d »

jorah wrote:What is up with her sudden religious kick? I'm not trying to knock anyone's beliefs, but her sudden onslaught of "I paint for God, God made me to be an artist, blessed to create for Jesus" messages seems to be so sudden and laid on so thick that I have to wonder what brought it about. I only found her around the time of her Oreo mascara video, but was she particularly religious at any time before that?
I think she mentioned someone in her family was sick or dying or something? People sometimes turn to religion to help cope

xalisondilaurentisx
Informer
Informer

Post by xalisondilaurentisx »

She changed her major from toy design to illustration

silkmilk
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by silkmilk »

I saw that video; how she now just realized she isn't even interested in toys. Well, as an illustrator she for sure will not get a job - there far more skilled illustrators, who are having a hard time paying the bills, so why would she be successful when she can't even draw.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Yeah I wanted to go to school for illustration because I wanted to do children's books and stuff. But it's SO hard to get a job after you finish school. Unless you're like, in good with a bunch of people who know a bunch of people, it's pretty impossible lmao

I think this is just a case of her not knowing what the hell she wants to do. She took on art out of nowhere - usually when you want to be an artist, it's something you've had an interest in since childhood.

silkmilk
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by silkmilk »

Agreed, you don't become an artist over night.
I didn't know she was actually just making a "foundation course". I go to a Design University and they also offer such a course. It's 2 semesters and they usually recommend it to people who didn't make it through the entry exam or had not the best portfolio. You basically have basic art/design education for one year and it should prepare you for the actual university course. Basically you pay one year extra and then you get into the course you wanted in the first place. So yet again Katharine bought her way into the system.

jorah
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jorah »

I’m an illustrator and after four years putting myself out there and trying to build a brand, I’m just now getting somewhere. It’s been rough and I’ve gotten incredibly down on myself to the point where I've considered dropping all of it, but I’ve stuck with it. You have to if you want a career in art. You need to keep working, keeping doing things you might not want to do, and you can’t really change your mind when it gets hard unless you want to give up entirely. Usually, you won’t find an in-house illustration job unless you’re skilled with the Adobe Suite, which I doubt Katharine has any interest in learning.

I would be wrong to say that her work hasn’t improved immensely since her alien phase, but going into toy design was honestly the smartest decision she had made in regards to her future. I can promise you that she won’t find her footing after her schooling ends. It takes an average of five years for most good, hard working illustrators to finally make it. She is going to fail unless she wants to get out there and find those freelance jobs (which every other illustrator is already after), or unless she runs the art show circuits. I do the art show thing myself and it helps to get your name out there, but it costs money, it soaks up a lot of time, and you typically need someone to help you.

silkmilk
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by silkmilk »

Usually, you won’t find an in-house illustration job unless you’re skilled with the Adobe Suite, which I doubt Katharine has any interest in learning.
I remember at one point, when she made a video about her experience at Summer of Art at Otis, that she tried out digital art, but she doesn't like it and does not want to learn it. Well yeah, I think nowadays you can't afford beeing picky about your tools - a good illustrator should be able to use as many different tools as possible to make it. Yeah, her art has improved since that "One-eyed-alien"- phase, but it's still not good. All she does is copy pictures from pinterest (whoops, my bad, I mean uses reference photos), and throws them randomly together on a 60$ canvas.

The composition usually sucks, the sujets don't make any sense and it all just looks so sloppy and uninspired. Remember the one where she painted this bearded hipster and the dragons in the ocean? It was a hot mess.
Also I noticed something about the prints she had bought for her dorm (which she shows in her dorm room tour video). They are painted in the style she probably wishes to have and which she copies. But as an illustrator you just can't draw woman with flowy hair, bearded hipster guys and just the same flower all the time. Katharine is really delusional.

CloudAlias
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by CloudAlias »

Wow...so she just deleted all the videos on her channel because her "heart wasn't in it"? After all she's said about how much she loves making art videos, and the amount of sanctimonious bs in her latest ones, I find that hard to understand. I guess that means she's given up on youtube, because she hasn't updated her main channel in 4 months. I wonder how she's planning to buy all these expensive supplies without her channel income? Seriously...wtf Katharine...?

cinnamondonut
Informer
Informer

Post by cinnamondonut »

CloudAlias wrote:Wow...so she just deleted all the videos on her channel because her "heart wasn't in it"? After all she's said about how much she loves making art videos, and the amount of sanctimonious bs in her latest ones, I find that hard to understand. I guess that means she's given up on youtube, because she hasn't updated her main channel in 4 months. I wonder how she's planning to buy all these expensive supplies without her channel income? Seriously...wtf Katharine...?
Where did she say that?

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I totally forgot about her because she never uploads anymore lol

Jaques
Learner
Learner

Post by Jaques »

Where did she say that?
On her insta

Buuut, it looks like all the videos are back now. Oh well, art must be her passion again.

oneandonlytara
Talker
Talker

Post by oneandonlytara »

I forgot I was even subscribed to this girl she hadn't posted in months and then one of her speed paint ~how to be an artist for so cheap~ videos appeared today.

I'm all for people being religious, but when it's thrown so in your face like she's done lately, it makes me kind of uncomfortable. Like, here she is telling people that she prayed for people to come to her channel and watch her videos and she's prayed to god to give her a million views. *blinks* K.

xalisondilaurentisx
Informer
Informer

Post by xalisondilaurentisx »

What even happened to her

Return to “V-Z”