Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: sharonmakeupartist/Sharon Farrell

Post by mercedesmoore »

mercedesmoore wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:37 pm
wildxfox wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:30 pm
You can all check your backwards anti-feminist shit at the door. NO ONE should be shamed for breastfeeding their baby. The woman was an asshole to Sharon. Way to help set women’s rights back another 50 years, ladies.

Sharon annoys me just as much as she probably does you, but she was 100% in the right in that case. That stupid woman who commented on Sharon’s post and was rightly schooled went and posted a photo of Sharon on her own Instagram with a barrage of insults and lies. Personally I think Sharon handled it well.

In the meantime I hope none of you plan to ever go out in public when you have babies since apparently breastfeeding in public is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regardless if you think this woman was an asshole to Sharon or not, surely you can see that encouraging your hundreds of thousands of your subscribers to attack someone with less than 5,000 is out of order. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and expressing a different opinion shouldn't mean that you use your influence to bully and harass someone into submission. This is so high school! I would wager that Sharon was a "mean girl" in high school and hasn't grown out of it.
The Smaller blogger that sharon attacked made a post saying what happened.Before she posted Sharon on her own instagram, She messaged sharon privately asking her to take the comments that disagreed with the breast feeding post down, because people were calling her all kinds of horrible names. But Sharon refused and laughed. I saw the screen shots of Sharon laughing.
Just because someone disagrees that breast feeding in public shouldn't be a world wide thing, as Sharon says, it doesn't automatically mean it's ok to call someone fat, ugly, gross, filthy whore, HUNDREDS OF TIMES. On all of their pictures, I saw it go down.

I don't support bullying of others looks, body shaming etc. Period. It's not OK to encourage a mass attack on someone just because they don't agree with you on a particular topic. Sharon misused her "influence" to attack another person just because she could. That's not cool. And to top it off she took pleasure in another person's public "flogging" if that makes sense.. Sharon is the bigger asshole here.

PS the other smaller instagrammer's extended family is Persian/Muslim. I can see why she would have different views seeing as in their culture breastfeeding can't be public. Sharon is very unworldly to think breastfeeding publicly should be a world wide thing..I know she comes from a small town in Ireland, but surely she can understand the world is a big place with lots of different cultures that don't neccesarily match her own.
@wildfox I can't find your original quote, and sorry for the late reply (I just saw this) but really?! you think Sharon "handled it well" ??
If you really think "handling it well" should include body shaming of another woman, picking apart another woman's looks, using foul language and using the fact that one has a larger platform than one who you disagree with to bully your opposer into submission then..wow.
If you really care about feminism, then why do you support a woman being called names such as "bitch" "ugly whore" "filthy woman" for having a different opinion? Shouldn't women be supportive of one another's right to disagree without resorting to using such sexist and derogatory names ? THAT is the attitude taking feminism back 50 years.
The sad part is, if the disagreement had been with a man, and his only rebuttal was to call his opponent a bitch, whore etc, that would be automatically sexist and wrong. Right?
But according to what you're saying if it's women doing it to EACH OTHER, then it's all good. This is hypocritical.

mercedesmoore
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mercedesmoore »

snap2it wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:43 pm
forgot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:46 pm
I know she has that she issues and good thing she is getting it fixed and raising awareness. But why does she look so bad here? I mean good for her putting effort inImageImage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
This look really ages Sharon. To me she looks 40 plus.
She really does look 40 plus. Not to mention she looks like a horse. Someone should slap a feed bag on that thing. :rofl: :rofl:

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

Her latest video about eye brow products... Oh my my. She makes it look like she spent the last 4 months trying to film this video, but in fact she just used some of those products or swatched them only. She literally has put on the Revolution brow product for the first time, and didn't know it stained.

What could she do instead? Oh well, could have shown us clips over a period of time, especially before and after microblading. But that would be too much work right?

ANE-LX1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

Leaving "Sydney" is a bit dramatic. More like property prices in Sydney are crazy expensive and they can't afford to stay close to the city and have to move further out to buy a property they can afford.

12th of Never
Talker
Talker

Post by 12th of Never »

And what "new career"??? She said she's doing an online course about color so that she can understand and talk about it more clearly for her makeup school, not that color consulting is going to be her new job.

I thought it was weird that she's "basically thrown all [her] clothes out" just because they're supposedly not the right colors for her, according to this course. Seems pretty wasteful. I at least hope she donated the clothes (assuming they're still in good condition) and didn't actually throw them out.

wildxfox
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wildxfox »

12th of Never wrote:And what "new career"??? She said she's doing an online course about color so that she can understand and talk about it more clearly for her makeup school, not that color consulting is going to be her new job.

I thought it was weird that she's "basically thrown all [her] clothes out" just because they're supposedly not the right colors for her, according to this course. Seems pretty wasteful. I at least hope she donated the clothes (assuming they're still in good condition) and didn't actually throw them out.
Yeah I’m sure you don’t need to take it so literally. I doubt she would have put them in the garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

snap2it wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Leaving "Sydney" is a bit dramatic. More like property prices in Sydney are crazy expensive and they can't afford to stay close to the city and have to move further out to buy a property they can afford.
I thought the same thing when she said that :lol:

That whole spiel about "we're sick of the city" and "we grew up in the countryside" was such BS... I would've respected her more if she was just honest and said "we can't afford to buy a house in the city".

nyflazdw
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nyflazdw »

In one of her latest video's she states that she is not comfortable sharing about her kid and then BAM next 3 posts are of the kid! I wish she would make a personal acct seperate from her business acct. As usual she is irresponsible and full of shit!

12th of Never
Talker
Talker

Post by 12th of Never »

Sharon posted an Insta story of her kid playing with/eating flour, and I guess a bunch of people sent messages, because this is what she had to say next: "To the people writing to inform me that raw flour is not safe to eat, those msgs are the reason I share so little of my private life anymore. I know you are coming from a good and kind place, but getting many msgs of this nature (and this happens every time I post anything related to Roisin) makes me want to crawl into a dark hole and delete my social accounts. Just please refrain. No matter what any of us do, it's the wrong thing to do in someone's eyes."

I love how she thinks she's punishing everyone by not posting much of her private life, and unwanted messages make her consider further punishing everyone by deleting her social accounts (that she rarely uses anyway). Gee Sharon, I'm pretty sure you have that blue check next to your name on Instagram because of your makeup YouTube account, not because of your private life. Try sticking to makeup and save us all the headache.

12th of Never
Talker
Talker

Post by 12th of Never »

...aaaaaaaaaand she posted NINE more pics/vids. (Sorry for the double post!)

Post by Guest »

She comes across as so argumentative and confrontational. The people who messaged her were just trying to make sure her kid didn't get infected with e coli. Yes it must be kind of annoying to get a load of messages about something you've done relating to your child, but it's just a part of the Internet you have to accept if you're going to put them on there. Deal with it Sharon.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

I saw that Insta story too.

Maybe Sharon should just stick to sharing the videos of her daughter with family and friends who KNOW Sharon. Not to strangers on the internet.

moongoddess33
Learner
Learner

Post by moongoddess33 »

She obviously has a history of being overly aggressive and argumentative/defensive. The thing about moving out of Sydney because she "grew up in the countryside anyways" is crap. What a loser. I would also respect her for simply saying she can't afford to live in Sydney anymore. (not at all surprising as she's now a mum) But her ego won't allow her to admit she's anything less than wealthy and superior to everyone. What a nutjob.

12th of Never
Talker
Talker

Post by 12th of Never »

Sharon just started posting on Instagram again like 2 seconds ago, and already did two ads (two in 3-4 days, actually). How is she still getting sponsors, and how annoying can she possibly be? I'm guessing the only reason she started posting again was to lead up to the ads.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

12th of Never wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:17 pm
Sharon just started posting on Instagram again like 2 seconds ago, and already did two ads (two in 3-4 days, actually). How is she still getting sponsors, and how annoying can she possibly be? I'm guessing the only reason she started posting again was to lead up to the ads.
I noticed that too.

I like all her reno content.

I don't know in these though in these tough times how many people want to buy a $1200 robot vacuum.

I don't know if the Online Makeup School is still viable? Sharon mentioned in an Insta story that she is studying a landscaping/horticulture course.

I don't understand either how brands want to work with someone who barely posts on social media. This is long before COVID that Sharon stopped posting. I get that she is busy with her daughter etc. But how can you be classified that this is your job?

moongoddess33
Learner
Learner

Post by moongoddess33 »

^ how can it still be classified as her job is a good question. She obviously rationalizes it because she thinks she is a)better than everyone else and b)acts like she is the first person in the world to ever have a child and omg the stress of being a mum. She should just deal with it.. a lot of people have it harder than her and still manage to go to work.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

I randomly went to check on her channel and lol...guess she’s not a YouTube anymore? She hasn’t posted for over a year, without even bothering to say anything. She literally just expects her audience to still be around/care if she ever deigns to start filming again. :roll:

I’ve just kind of lost respect for her because of the dishonesty about random, seemingly unimportant things. Not just about her reasons for leaving Sydney, but also about her whole YouTube channel. Like that’s fine if she wants to be a stay at home mom, but why won’t she just admit it and say “hey, I don’t want to be a YouTuber anymore”?

She clearly doesn’t want to work anymore in general (she stopped posting way before covid), but I’m guessing she probably still tells everyone IRL that she’s a makeup artist/YouTuber. She wants the validation of telling everyone everyone she’s working mom...without actually being a working mom lol. It’s annoying and we see right through it, Sharon...

I also find it incredibly entitled and hilarious how she is like complaining about the internet being awful, but she had no problem selling her life/profiting from it for years (so she wouldn’t have to get a real job). She is (was?) an influencer, contributing to the whole problem. The IRONY.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

I'd forgotten this woman existed! I've just been watching her 'new house tour' on her IG.....WOW! This woman is such a snob ! The thing is, she doesn't have 'snob's money'. I also do not class a house as 'renovation project' when all it needs is a lick of paint! It's not like she's having to rebuild brick walls, damp proof them and plaster them - or have the house totally rewired and windows ripped out and replaced! The kitchen could be brought up to today's standard with new handles and different paint!
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

....also....'the door is in the corner of the room - I don't like it there' ......... FFS!
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

I didn't realise how long it has been since Sharon has posted on YouTube. I think she lost interest in YouTube years ago. She deleted that video where she talked about wanting to make changes and how she wanted to film more than make-up videos.

She's still filming for the online make-up school.
auntiflo13 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:19 am
I'd forgotten this woman existed! I've just been watching her 'new house tour' on her IG.....WOW! This woman is such a snob ! The thing is, she doesn't have 'snob's money'. I also do not class a house as 'renovation project' when all it needs is a lick of paint! It's not like she's having to rebuild brick walls, damp proof them and plaster them - or have the house totally rewired and windows ripped out and replaced! The kitchen could be brought up to today's standard with new handles and different paint!
Not sure if you're in Australia, but many would see that as a renovation project. Its only an outdated house, but many people Sharon's age would want to update it.

Return to “P-T”