sharonmakeupartist/Sharon Farrell

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: sharonmakeupartist/Sharon Farrell

Post by betylistic »

Does one get a certificate only by watching that though? Sharon used to be a great makeup artist, I learnt the majority of the things I do in my day to day life from her youtube channel already.

I'm doubtful as to what she might have included in these courses. It's the same format, video form not like a workshop..

ANE-LX1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

betylistic wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:19 am
Does one get a certificate only by watching that though? Sharon used to be a great makeup artist, I learnt the majority of the things I do in my day to day life from her youtube channel already.

I'm doubtful as to what she might have included in these courses. It's the same format, video form not like a workshop..

ANE-LX1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
I believe you have to complete a module?

Though thinking about it more an online course for makeup doesn't exactly work as there's no real person there to check if you're applying the makeup correctly or more so on a model to see what it looks like.

I don't know. It may seem like a good idea. But when you get no formal qualification, why bother?

I haven't seen a portfolio of work from Sharon working outside of YouTube.

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by starviolet »

I don’t want to be mean but I remember Sharon sometimes can’t even get her own foundation shade right.. and the eye look she wore in the video to launch her makeup school was quite bad. She doesn’t have that much credibility in my eyes. To me she’s another self taught Mac counter girl turned youtuber, not a working makeup artist.

She said herself in the video the school serves purely to teach you to do your own make up, not to learn to do it on others (which wouldn’t make sense to be fair). $200 is a lot of money for that. And there’s no way to be sure you’re even you’re even doing it right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

starviolet wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:30 pm
I don’t want to be mean but I remember Sharon sometimes can’t even get her own foundation shade right.. and the eye look she wore in the video to launch her makeup school was quite bad. She doesn’t have that much credibility in my eyes. To me she’s another self taught Mac counter girl turned youtuber, not a working makeup artist.

She said herself in the video the school serves purely to teach you to do your own make up, not to learn to do it on others (which wouldn’t make sense to be fair). $200 is a lot of money for that. And there’s no way to be sure you’re even you’re even doing it right?

Besides, doing makeup is so individual based on face shape, eye shape, proportions, coloring, whether you need high or low contrast in your makeup, etc. If you're paying money to learn it should really be more specialized to you.

Chuchi
Informer
Informer

Post by Chuchi »

litnerd wrote:
starviolet wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:30 pm

Besides, doing makeup is so individual based on face shape, eye shape, proportions, coloring, whether you need high or low contrast in your makeup, etc. If you're paying money to learn it should really be more specialized to you.
Definitely. My best friend did a course like that. There was a group of 10 girls and a pro make up artist showed basic techniques to everyone and corrected them on the things they should do different based on their own faces. I think it was 4 classes, with different looks for work and going out. It was awesome for her because she had no idea where to start with make up.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

12th of Never
Talker
Talker

Post by 12th of Never »

So, Sharon said she needs to get surgery for a collapsed sinus, and that she's probably going to get a nose job while they fix the problem. Between the lip fillers, braces, jaw surgery, probable nose job, and likely future injections/nips/tucks/whatever, she's not even going to look like herself! I wonder what her husband thinks about all of that. I used to love Sharon, as she seemed fun and down to earth, but her attitude has become very off-putting. And I don't understand why she needs to send her daughter to daycare, it seems like she doesn't really do much of anything.

Post by Guest »

I used to really like her too but she seems very self obsessed and I also get the impression she's not a very nice person

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

12th of Never wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:56 pm
So, Sharon said she needs to get surgery for a collapsed sinus, and that she's probably going to get a nose job while they fix the problem. Between the lip fillers, braces, jaw surgery, probable nose job, and likely future injections/nips/tucks/whatever, she's not even going to look like herself! I wonder what her husband thinks about all of that. I used to love Sharon, as she seemed fun and down to earth, but her attitude has become very off-putting. And I don't understand why she needs to send her daughter to daycare, it seems like she doesn't really do much of anything.
All that time and money Sharon spent on herself. Such a waste.

I too used to like Sharon in her old videos and vlogs from about 4 or 5 years ago. She had such a nice natural way and her vlogs were fun.

But then she put up that now deleted video about wanting to change up her channel and how she wanted to do more then just makeup. Took long breaks and only posted sponsored videos. I went back to watch some old videos as I also remembered Sharon had an assistant Jen - which was just crazy.

bettesez
Learner
Learner

Post by bettesez »

OK - I remember when she got the jaw surgery 'because she had to' I was suss and was like 'Yeah, right'. But people insisted she wouldn't get something painful just for her vanity. NOW she needs a nose job because of her sinuses. Right.

Post by Guest »

bettesez wrote:OK - I remember when she got the jaw surgery 'because she had to' I was suss and was like 'Yeah, right'. But people insisted she wouldn't get something painful just for her vanity. NOW she needs a nose job because of her sinuses. Right.
Very good point. But I don't think the jaw surgery made her appearance any better. In fact I think she looks so masculine since having it done. Not trying to be mean or anything but I'd not be happy with the results if i was her

forgot
Informer
Informer

Post by forgot »

Ok back on topic! We haven't heard anything about the make up course for a while. You know I would not respect for the idea if she did some Skype advice even for a group of 10 people at time? Give really personal advise?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^ Yes. I don't watch her any more and haven't for years but pictures on this forum are funny. She looks like she had her face and lips injected with expanding fluff. Fluff that expands unevenly.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Parasaurolophus
Talker
Talker

Post by Parasaurolophus »

@PearlescentPink @ CinnamonBun Stop arguing on the thread! Take it to DMs or foe one another so you won't see the other person's posts. The next one I see arguing on here will get a temporary ban. Back to Sharon now
- Mod

Post by Guest »

Ok mod (not arguing ) but can I flag the user's comment since it was inflammatory?

Parasaurolophus
Talker
Talker

Post by Parasaurolophus »

CinnamonBun wrote: Ok mod (not arguing ) but can I flag the user's comment since it was inflammatory?
No. You call the other poster a "bitch" and a "cockroach". You are the one flaming here. If I were you I'd go for a walk to cool my head
- Mod

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

Gossiper34 wrote:
bettesez wrote:OK - I remember when she got the jaw surgery 'because she had to' I was suss and was like 'Yeah, right'. But people insisted she wouldn't get something painful just for her vanity. NOW she needs a nose job because of her sinuses. Right.
Very good point. But I don't think the jaw surgery made her appearance any better. In fact I think she looks so masculine since having it done. Not trying to be mean or anything but I'd not be happy with the results if i was her

I personally don’t see any difference in her jaw :/ so if she did that for aesthetic reasons (most likely), it was a complete waste of money. It’s not looking too good. Let’s not beat around the bush, she’s not exactly good looking. If she wants to get work done, why not just own up to it? Plastic surgery is not the taboo it used to be.

Post by Guest »

I can see a big difference in her jaw, and it's not a good one. Her face is now so much longer because they brought her lower jaw outwards, and she looks very masculine as a result. That, along with her big nose and droopy eye, is rather unfortunate. I wouldn't usually be critical of how someone looks, but I just think she's horrible inside as well as out.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

I think Sharon is pretty, I've always thought she looks older in the face, like late 30s or early 40s.

It seems like they are going to be in Australia long term, as they've become Australian citizens, which is a long and expensive process.

I think in one video Sharon said that she had 200 "students" in her online makeup school and flew to Melbourne the other week to film some more content.

Post by Guest »

Pretty? Really?? ImageImage

wildxfox
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wildxfox »

Gossiper34 wrote:Pretty? Really?? ImageImage

It’s subjective, really. I don’t think Sharon is ugly at all and that’s not really a fair photo - I look like garbage too without makeup despite getting compliments on my looks occasionally.

Just because someone doesn’t fit traditional beauty ideals doesn’t make them not pretty.

I wish she would go back to her short blonde bob - it was much better for her fine hair than the longer do.

Return to “P-T”