sharonmakeupartist/Sharon Farrell

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: sharonmakeupartist/Sharon Farrell

Post by snap2it »

I wonder the same. Who is going to spend money on her course? As its been said you get no qualifications from it. If Sharon wanted to be a teacher, why not go to TAFE or Uni and do a course and you may be able to get a job in a beauty college.

I can see the start of the online course being put off. They have to move out of the house they were renting.

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by betylistic »

After unfollowing her on social media, I've just checked back and watched her latest stories. She's fine I guess, lovely responsible mom. I quite liked how she's not complaining about being a mom etc. I kinda was expecting that from her. Haha

ANE-LX1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

bettesez
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by bettesez »

snap2it wrote:I wonder the same. Who is going to spend money on her course? As its been said you get no qualifications from it. If Sharon wanted to be a teacher, why not go to TAFE or Uni and do a course and you may be able to get a job in a beauty college.

I can see the start of the online course being put off. They have to move out of the house they were renting.
That's what I was wondering, unless I missed something she isn't certified to hand out qualifications, so why would anyone pay for it? It's just so odd.

snopey
Lurker
Lurker

Post by snopey »

I think it's reflective of her ego, she thinks it's going to be a success because she has a handful of loyal followers and considers herself to be an amazing makeup artist. Really, she didn't have much success as a freelancer, she worked for MAC most of the time and then did a bit of bridal work and then packed that in for youtube, so I'm not sure why she thinks she's in a position to be an authority on amazing makeup artistry.

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know why she's been off social media for so long now?

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

Geedot wrote:Does anyone know why she's been off social media for so long now?
I think new baby, moving to a new house and they travelled to Ireland to show off the new baby. Is taking up her time.

She has tweeted in the last few hours about asos. :roll:

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

After all this time, the new video is a boring empties video. Okay Sharon, we get it. Things empty up.

Her makeup I usually adored in the past looks so rushed up and bad. It's very obvious her eye shape changed overtime which is human nature and completely okay, but she really did a terrible job by accentuating that with weird fake eyelashes that kept catching onto her looooong long fringe.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

It was. Empties videos bore me.

YouTube has changed so much since Sharon started. I think she's been lost for a long time with what to do with her channel. I think it was 2 or 3 years ago was when she had that long break and made that video (that she has since deleted) about not wanting to do makeup.

Speaking of which I think that online makeup "school" is now active?

mercedesmoore
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mercedesmoore »

This woman is sadistic and I believe she has a personality disorder. I followed her and another instagrammer and when Sharon made her post about breastfeeding and how it should be legal in every country in the world, someone said that Americans/Westerners don't have a right to expect our standards in every damn country in the world.
Which is a fair comment in my opinion.
Sharon went completely APE on this poor girl, and was encouraging her followers to harass her for being "anti feminist"
Unfortunately she got a lot of totally irrelevant comments on all of her recent pics calling her fat, ugly whore, filthy woman, etc etc
Sorry but just because someone disagrees with this Sharon woman, doesn't make them a fat, filthy, ugly whore.. what about freedom of speech? Sharon is the one being "anti feminist" because she believes women aren't entitled to speak their mind, and if they DARE disgaree with her MAJESTY SHARON FARRELL THE MAKEUP ARTIST, they should be chastised regarding their appearance all over social media..BTW their appearance has nothing to do with the issue...hows that for demeaning and being anti woman??!! She is such a hypocrite.

Apparently, this "victim" of Sharon asked her to stop encouraging hate on her from her 200 K plus subscribers on both youtube and instagram, and Sharon laughed at her and blocked her.

What a vile piece of garbage..how is this even remotely pro woman, and anti feminist to encourage a mob attack on another female just because they don't share your views. SHAME ON SHARON!! I've unfollowed her, and anyone with half a brain and some decency should too!!

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

I don't always read the comments and just had a quick skim of that post.

That photo was pretty staged, had filters etc etc.

I agree that everyone has a right to an opinion. Breast feeding in public doesn't bother me, but I do think a cover for modesty would be more comfortable for everyone.

But Sharon is probably happy enough getting her family payments and preaching about being a Mamma. It's a big clicky group Mummy bloggers who like their ego stroked for doing everyday tasks that we all do.

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

^^Oh my! I've deleted IG app from my phone, so I miss those sorts of issues online.

How dare you Sharon? I'm not necessarily from a western or Eastern community, and as much as I don't care people breastfeeding in public I personally know we cannot empose this thought into every place in the world.

Plus it's not that hard to put a simple cloth of your bare boobs. It's not like people get sick of seeing babies feed but it's a part of common respect in MANY countries in the world and most of the time protects the mom from wandering eyes. Accept it or not, not every place in the world has the same standards.

Sharon's actions reek of entitlement if she allowed people bash a commentor. She could have DMd that commentor for further discussion and delete the comment.

mercedesmoore
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mercedesmoore »

wildxfox wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:30 pm
You can all check your backwards anti-feminist shit at the door. NO ONE should be shamed for breastfeeding their baby. The woman was an asshole to Sharon. Way to help set women’s rights back another 50 years, ladies.

Sharon annoys me just as much as she probably does you, but she was 100% in the right in that case. That stupid woman who commented on Sharon’s post and was rightly schooled went and posted a photo of Sharon on her own Instagram with a barrage of insults and lies. Personally I think Sharon handled it well.

In the meantime I hope none of you plan to ever go out in public when you have babies since apparently breastfeeding in public is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regardless if you think this woman was an asshole to Sharon or not, surely you can see that encouraging your hundreds of thousands of your subscribers to attack someone with less than 5,000 is out of order. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and expressing a different opinion shouldn't mean that you use your influence to bully and harass someone into submission. This is so high school! I would wager that Sharon was a "mean girl" in high school and hasn't grown out of it.
The Smaller blogger that sharon attacked made a post saying what happened.Before she posted Sharon on her own instagram, She messaged sharon privately asking her to take the comments that disagreed with the breast feeding post down, because people were calling her all kinds of horrible names. But Sharon refused and laughed. I saw the screen shots of Sharon laughing.
Just because someone disagrees that breast feeding in public shouldn't be a world wide thing, as Sharon says, it doesn't automatically mean it's ok to call someone fat, ugly, gross, filthy whore, HUNDREDS OF TIMES. On all of their pictures, I saw it go down.

I don't support bullying of others looks, body shaming etc. Period. It's not OK to encourage a mass attack on someone just because they don't agree with you on a particular topic. Sharon misused her "influence" to attack another person just because she could. That's not cool. And to top it off she took pleasure in another person's public "flogging" if that makes sense.. Sharon is the bigger asshole here.

PS the other smaller instagrammer's extended family is Persian/Muslim. I can see why she would have different views seeing as in their culture breastfeeding can't be public. Sharon is very unworldly to think breastfeeding publicly should be a world wide thing..I know she comes from a small town in Ireland, but surely she can understand the world is a big place with lots of different cultures that don't neccesarily match her own.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

mercedesmoore wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:37 pm
wildxfox wrote:
You can all check your backwards anti-feminist shit at the door. NO ONE should be shamed for breastfeeding their baby. The woman was an asshole to Sharon. Way to help set women’s rights back another 50 years, ladies.

Sharon annoys me just as much as she probably does you, but she was 100% in the right in that case. That stupid woman who commented on Sharon’s post and was rightly schooled went and posted a photo of Sharon on her own Instagram with a barrage of insults and lies. Personally I think Sharon handled it well.

In the meantime I hope none of you plan to ever go out in public when you have babies since apparently breastfeeding in public is wrong.

Regardless if you think this woman was an asshole to Sharon or not, surely you can see that encouraging your hundreds of thousands of your subscribers to attack someone with less than 5,000 is out of order. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and expressing a different opinion shouldn't mean that you use your influence to bully and harass someone into submission. This is so high school! I would wager that Sharon was a "mean girl" in high school and hasn't grown out of it.
The Smaller blogger that sharon attacked made a post saying what happened.Before she posted Sharon on her own instagram, She messaged sharon privately asking her to take the comments that disagreed with the breast feeding post down, because people were calling her all kinds of horrible names. But Sharon refused and laughed. I saw the screen shots of Sharon laughing.
Just because someone disagrees that breast feeding in public shouldn't be a world wide thing, as Sharon says, it doesn't automatically mean it's ok to call someone fat, ugly, gross, filthy whore, HUNDREDS OF TIMES. On all of their pictures, I saw it go down.

I don't support bullying of others looks, body shaming etc. Period. It's not OK to encourage a mass attack on someone just because they don't agree with you on a particular topic. Sharon misused her "influence" to attack another person just because she could. That's not cool. And to top it off she took pleasure in another person's public "flogging" if that makes sense.. Sharon is the bigger asshole here.

PS the other smaller instagrammer's extended family is Persian/Muslim. I can see why she would have different views seeing as in their culture breastfeeding can't be public. Sharon is very unworldly to think breastfeeding publicly should be a world wide thing..I know she comes from a small town in Ireland, but surely she can understand the world is a big place with lots of different cultures that don't neccesarily match her own.

This is the reason why I stopped watching Sharon. She believes she is above everyone else in this world. Long gone are the days when she was a fairly good makeup artist. She used to ask for suggestions in the comments about certain life dilemmas she was going through. When anyone did suggest help...she'd come down on them like a tonne of bricks. When she'd not got enough time on her passport to go on holiday with her husband ...many people suggested that she cancel the holiday. Her reaction wasn't 'Oh, well it looks like I may have to do that - thanks guys' ..... instead it was 'Don't you realise how much this fucking holiday cost us in the first place? We aren't made of money!' I think she wanted the passport legalities changed so she wouldn't miss out and lose money....It was her own fault for not checking the small print of the holiday.... When I saw how deranged she was to subscribers....that was it...I unsubscribed. She's a nasty piece of work !
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

mercedesmoore
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mercedesmoore »

auntiflo13 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:52 am
mercedesmoore wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:37 pm
wildxfox wrote:

This is the reason why I stopped watching Sharon. She believes she is above everyone else in this world. Long gone are the days when she was a fairly good makeup artist. She used to ask for suggestions in the comments about certain life dilemmas she was going through. When anyone did suggest help...she'd come down on them like a tonne of bricks. When she'd not got enough time on her passport to go on holiday with her husband ...many people suggested that she cancel the holiday. Her reaction wasn't 'Oh, well it looks like I may have to do that - thanks guys' ..... instead it was 'Don't you realise how much this fucking holiday cost us in the first place? We aren't made of money!' I think she wanted the passport legalities changed so she wouldn't miss out and lose money....It was her own fault for not checking the small print of the holiday.... When I saw how deranged she was to subscribers....that was it...I unsubscribed. She's a nasty piece of work !
I vaguely remember this too..I can't stand her arrogance and condescending manner anymore. I really do believe she may have a personality disorder. Can you imagine how much worse she'd be if she ever became a big time beauty guru, like Jaclyn Hill or Carli Bybel? I shudder at the thought. She's such an angry miserable person probably because she hasn't been as successful as those other girls.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Wow she sounds batshit. I used to watch her and then unsubscribed years ago cause her videos just got sponsored and boring.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

I remember that Bali trip too. She gets so defensive all of a sudden whenever someone says a remotely strange opinion to hers.

Her comments on YouTube were almost always so nice and she'd still find a way to reply passive aggressively.

I wonder what Paul thinks about that.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

I too remember the Bali trip. It also came across as Sharon was trying to use her YouTube fame to be exempt from the visa requirements to go to Bali.

Going back through Sharon's channel to 4 pushing 5 years ago was when her content was good. Then it went into sponsored videos and that jaw surgery.

I'm wondering if she's feeling a bit isolated staying at home with a baby.

mercedesmoore
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mercedesmoore »

I personally could care less if she's feeling isolated being home with a baby.. I can't even afford to have kids, let alone be a stay at home mom with a decent income she earns from social media.
Even though my boyfriend and I make a decent salary.. these days, especially in cities like Sydney, you almost HAVE to be independently wealthy or earn high six figures to be a stay at home mom.

She should show some gratitude for what she has, it's her subscribers who got her where she is. But instead she uses her influence to bully and harass others who are less fortunate than her, just because she can.. and then she laughs when she knows shes upset people and messed with their (small) following..if I ever see her in real life, lets just say she wouldnt want to meet me :)

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

I don't know what to think of her make up school thing... $200 for common knowledge you can access anywhere else online for free... she's nuts.

wildxfox
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wildxfox »

starviolet wrote:I don't know what to think of her make up school thing... $200 for common knowledge you can access anywhere else online for free... she's nuts.
I think it’s probably a lot more in-depth than we think it is. Also, youtube and instagram style makeup is generally pretty gross in real life so I think her course will be good for teaching people how to apply makeup that’s actually appropriate for most situations/workplaces. I wouldn’t personally pay for it but some people would! I doubt it would be enough to make it worth it though.

Return to “P-T”