KathleenLights part 2

mychelle+
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KathleenLights part 2

Post by mychelle+ »

beached_up wrote:She keeps saying she stays home a lot and doesn't wear makeup much. WTF........just WTF........Why does she keep spending? It's such a huge waste for someone who doesn't get out much but feels the need for so much stuff.
I hate when they say that.
I mean... I have a lot of makeup but it's because I wear a lot of makeup every day.

Youtubeallday
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Youtubeallday »

Full of shit. I bet she hasn't even prepared the giveaway. She's probably regretting swatching all the products that she don't even use, because she could have easily lazily thrown those in for giveaway

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

gugogi16 wrote:I honestly feel like the fake Kathleen is actually really Kathleen lashing out under a fake profile. I know it sounds messed up but she can't blatantly berate her subscriber "haters" from her own account and she really hasn't handled her increased fame on youtube very well, ie all those passive aggressive tweets. Maybe she just snapped and created an alter ego on youtube that looked exactly like her own profile so she could lash out and "put people in their place" without really tarnishing her image.
While she definitely has not handled constructive criticism or haters well, I don't think she would do that. Honestly, I don't think she would be smart enough to think about doing that, and if she wanted to lash out at people, making a face account not related to her channel would save her a lot of hassle.

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

Youtubeallday wrote:Full of shit. I bet she hasn't even prepared the giveaway. She's probably regretting swatching all the products that she don't even use, because she could have easily lazily thrown those in for giveaway
This. I feel like she's too busy buying all the makeup she can get her hands on & doesn't give a shit about her followers. After all 'she got here all by herself' . Maybe she's waiting for Too Faced / Colourpop to sponsor her giveway, I'd be surprised if she uses her own money.

On a side note, idgaf about whether she holds a giveaway or not because those things are crazy af.

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

CouldntMakeUpAName wrote:
jessica3llen wrote:[video][/video]

This video just proves to me why she is KathleenLies and not KathleenLights. This person purchased all 25 lippies themselves... as opposed to Kathleen who was sent them, and has worked with ColourPop, the threw her a party. So she tried to give a positive review.
Wow. That was a good video, thanks for sharing. I am glad I didn't buy any. I was on the fence and just kind of waited and I have been seeing more and more BAD reviews. :? I was waiting for the Kat Von D release :D
So, after fighting with us in the KathleenLights trash thread 1, you're now here. Hope we don't have to deal with minion drama this time. I'd just like to point out we're not the psychos here.

Hihotintin
Informer
Informer

Post by Hihotintin »

Megananne7 wrote:Just watched her snapchat from today - she said she didn't "bail" on her giveaway but she is waiting until
YouTube deletes the channel of the person who was pretending to be her
WOW...I'm kinda blown away at this point. Any and EVERY excuse not to give back. Honestly I want to shake her and be like "ya you bailed on the giveaway that was supposed to happen WEEKS ago but you're A selfish and self-absorbed HYPOCRITE! Go cry to Danny about your "haters" and console yourself with buying more makeup you'll never use but state it's your favorite! Bye Felicia.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Yeah she hit 1 million before this person started impersonating her. So it is a sorry excuse not to do it. I don't think she created that account though. She doesn't need to. She can just post passive aggressive things on Twitter, IG, and Snapchat and her minions will run to her with kind words and tell her how amazing she is!

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

And just to back up what I am saying because you know, you can do that when they post everything in social media!

notice she hit 1 million subbies June 8, and before that she was already putting together stuff for a giveaway
[video][/video]

Then this video where someone is impersonating her, posted july 4. Almost a whole month after she hit 1 million.
[video][/video]

justafleshwound
Talker
Talker

Post by justafleshwound »

I haven't watched her in ages but I decided to watch her high end blush video. The anxiety! She will never use that up in a million years. This was just her high end blushes - I guess she has a high number of drug store blushes too. I know Kathleen is not the only person guilty of it but these collection videos come across as bragging and its not healthy. The number of girls who watch these videos and think this is something to aspire too. I know people think we are being bitches when we say it but there is a degree of truth to it - no one needs that much. That would drive me crazy. I've noticed some gurus moan that these collection videos get a lot of 'bad' comments and they are hesitant to do one. I guess they deep down they know why people leave critical feedback.

theone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by theone »

I deleted all the bookmarks of yt beauty gurus that "collect" makeup and do haul after haul. When I watch haul videos, I literally start having an anxiety attack. Not because I want what they have, but because the constant product parade gets overwhelming.
I decided to use what I have in my stash and when something gets used up, that's when I purchase something new. I've been doing this for the past few months and actually feel a sense of being free. I know that sounds strange but I do. The money I don't spend on extra stuff I am now saving.

I think years from now we will look back at all this hauling and realize it was not something to be proud of.

cici05
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cici05 »

theone wrote:I deleted all the bookmarks of yt beauty gurus that "collect" makeup and do haul after haul. When I watch haul videos, I literally start having an anxiety attack. Not because I want what they have, but because the constant product parade gets overwhelming.
I decided to use what I have in my stash and when something gets used up, that's when I purchase something new. I've been doing this for the past few months and actually feel a sense of being free. I know that sounds strange but I do. The money I don't spend on extra stuff I am now saving.

I think years from now we will look back at all this hauling and realize it was not something to be proud of.
^This! I went through a stage where I bought tons of clothes and make up in excess! I am now in that same place where I use what I have and only buy items that I absolutely love :P looking back there was a void in my life when I did these things. I think Kathleen has so many voids in her life and buying all these things fill those voids for a moment. I've said it before...a part of me feels bad for her. She is not a happy person and has many issues. When she's older she will hopefully realize that excess of anything is not good.

Hihotintin
Informer
Informer

Post by Hihotintin »

jessica3llen wrote:And just to back up what I am saying because you know, you can do that when they post everything in social media!

notice she hit 1 million subbies June 8, and before that she was already putting together stuff for a giveaway
[video][/video]

Then this video where someone is impersonating her, posted july 4. Almost a whole month after she hit 1 million.
[video][/video]
I can't believe it was that long ago she made that promise. You know how she always says how she is so sweet and humble.....that girl is long gone. It just pisses me off.. I can't even with this girl anymore.

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

justafleshwound wrote:I haven't watched her in ages but I decided to watch her high end blush video. The anxiety! She will never use that up in a million years. This was just her high end blushes - I guess she has a high number of drug store blushes too. I know Kathleen is not the only person guilty of it but these collection videos come across as bragging and its not healthy. The number of girls who watch these videos and think this is something to aspire too. I know people think we are being bitches when we say it but there is a degree of truth to it - no one needs that much. That would drive me crazy. I've noticed some gurus moan that these collection videos get a lot of 'bad' comments and they are hesitant to do one. I guess they deep down they know why people leave critical feedback.
Oh God the video irked me so much! Four lilac blushes that all swatch THE SAME which she has NEVER EVER EVER worn. Rest all of the blushes were either shimmery peach or peachy brown. And she herself says she isn't into blush, bronzers are her thing. So what the fuck is she doing with a shit ton of blushes that all look the fucking same ?? Arghhh

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

theone wrote:I deleted all the bookmarks of yt beauty gurus that "collect" makeup and do haul after haul. When I watch haul videos, I literally start having an anxiety attack. Not because I want what they have, but because the constant product parade gets overwhelming.

While I don't get anxiety attacks from watching hauls or makeup collection videos, I do wonder how one person can use all that makeup. It's not like most of these makeup people on YouTube have a ton of clients! It's really overwhelming to see a whole Ikea drawer filled with lip products. All of mine fit in a little bucket on my desk, and I actually felt a little embarrassed when I needed to get a (slightly) bigger bucket than the one I was using before. Excluding a bunch of tiny Avon lipstick samples, I have 30 full-sized and mini lipsticks, glosses, pencils, and tinted lip balms. (Wow, now that I've counted them, that sounds like a whole lot!) I've decided not to buy any more makeup for the rest of 2015, except for basics such as eyebrow pencil and concealer as needed, and maybe lipliner so I can keep on using the lipsticks I have.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

Makeup is totally different than handbags in that it actually goes bad.
I was REALLY bad with buying bags. The issue with those is you can only use one at a time and the rest just sit collecting dust.
I feel so much better now that I've narrowed my collection to only a few I really like.
With makeup, instead of it collecting dust, it goes bad. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure most only has a shelf life of a year.
She could have done a totally awesome giveaway with a lot of products she got for free.
Right now I only have makeup I use because I I just don't wear it enough to justify any more. I feel bad because I have a few mascaras that aren't even open sitting in my closet. The mascara I do have that is open is probably ready for the trash since I opened it around Christmas.
Girl had issues.

Sent By Owl

beached_up
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beached_up »

OMG I used to buy handbags too! Unlike makeup, they don't go bad. Kathleen has enough makeup for every woman in Miami. :rofl:

Officer Manly
Talker
Talker

Post by Officer Manly »

Are those new foundations? I've never seen those in any of her vids. How many foundations does this girl have and need? O.o

ihatesnobbyyters
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ihatesnobbyyters »

I think they're the new Too Faced foundations that all the YTers got sent.

Hihotintin
Informer
Informer

Post by Hihotintin »

Yup just more shit she will continue t hoard instead of doing a giveaway :roll:

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

I find it incredibly weird when she retweets people kissing her ass...Like maybe thank someone. But why are you retweeting it? Maybe it is just me, but it makes it seem like she thinks it about herself and that is why she is retweeting it. And if she really believes she was a GODDESS then she is pretty into herself

[tweet][/tweet]

Return to “KathleenLights”