How come E&B are still popular?

chance86
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How come E&B are still popular?

Post by chance86 »

It seems like many YouTube channels are skyrocketing in viewership. Take MissGlamorazzi for example. I remember when her views averaged less than 50k per video. It seems like 400-500k is normal for her these days. Yet Elle and Blair's numbers seem to be on the downswing. They still pull their occasional viral with a closet tour or makeup collection video but their average views seem to be less than 200k. Sometimes under 100k. Their popularity has definitely diminished. Their lack of work ethic and consistent posting has certainly contributed to the disinterest many people have for them.

BulldogRN
Debater
Debater

Post by BulldogRN »

Early 40s? Don't be ridiculous. She looks older than her age, but she doesn't even look like she's in her 30's. Y'all exaggerate so much.

Worldofchances2giveu
Informer
Informer

Post by Worldofchances2giveu »

I would put her in her early 30's (31-33) if i didn't know her age.

I don't relate to her on any level really but I used to her watch her because she was iconic to the Beauty Guru community and still very popular at the time.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

If I saw Elle walking down the street I would think she looks 32 to 35 years old. Unfortunately, her skin has aged her and it is most likely because she went on Acutane, which as she said poisoned her oil glands and thus has made her skin and hair too dry looking. Having oily skin does suck but it keeps you looking youthful and also acts as a sun protector. My sister has dry skin as well and people think I am her daughter and we are only 3 years apart. I have extremely oily skin.

Sophia1st

Post by Sophia1st »

If I was her parents I would be SO embarresed to have this two idiots as daughters.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

Sophia1st wrote:If I was her parents I would be SO embarresed to have this two idiots as daughters.
To be honest, they aren't idiots at all, I'd actually go as far as saying the're pretty clever. Sneaky yes, but it's hardly idiotic to get rich and build yourself a mini empire. Their views are diminishing, but other than Michelle Phan, they're still doing a hell of alot, Ingrid may have the most views, but she relies on YT where as these girls have books, an online shop,websites a phone case brand etc...

LAhoKitten
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LAhoKitten »

ima wrote:
Sophia1st wrote:If I was her parents I would be SO embarresed to have this two idiots as daughters.
To be honest, they aren't idiots at all, I'd actually go as far as saying the're pretty clever. Sneaky yes, but it's hardly idiotic to get rich and build yourself a mini empire. Their views are diminishing, but other than Michelle Phan, they're still doing a hell of alot, Ingrid may have the most views, but she relies on YT where as these girls have books, an online shop,websites a phone case brand etc...
The Kardashians of YouTube if you will...

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

ima wrote:
They're not idiots, but you give them too much credit for their "empire" which they don't even make themselves. Elle and Blair are NOT the brains behind their business. They didn't "build" their business. They're approached by businesses to put their faces on those products. Most of the work is done for them.

As for Ingrid, she probably isn't offered those opportunities to have a makeup line and books because she isn't as marketable as a sister duo. Elle and Blair would never be offered those opportunities if one of them never started making videos. Individual gurus don't have the same marketability as a sister duo, which is why Ingrid (and other individual gurus with more views than Elle and Blair) aren't offered to have makeup lines and books. Elle and Blair aren't smarter than anyone else. They're simply given more opportunities because their sisterhood makes them 10x more marketable.

It's kind of like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen or Kendall and Kylie Jenner. Combine two sisters and they are a powerful marketing tool. Having only one of them would be a flop.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

Their views are going down but, they are still relevant. I see Blair quitting first over Elle.

.xoxo
Informer
Informer

Post by .xoxo »

According to socialblade they're both making about 50,000 a year just from youtube. I think that's a pretty low number considering how they live, and where they live, especially buying a condo in LA. I wonder how they can still afford the lavish lifestyle, expensive cars, etc. on only $50,000 a year. I am not saying that $50,000 isn't a lot because it is, but it's not compared to how these two are living. I wonder if they're trying to keep up with the joneses' and in a bunch of debt, or if they are living off of daddy's wealth.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

.xoxo wrote:According to socialblade they're both making about 50,000 a year just from youtube. I think that's a pretty low number considering how they live, and where they live, especially buying a condo in LA. I wonder how they can still afford the lavish lifestyle, expensive cars, etc. on only $50,000 a year. I am not saying that $50,000 isn't a lot because it is, but it's not compared to how these two are living. I wonder if they're trying to keep up with the joneses' and in a bunch of debt, or if they are living off of daddy's wealth.
socialblade is only ad stats though isn't it? remember they have a book,phone cases,glitzy glam? and the majority of their videos are sponsored.

tuesday
Talker
Talker

Post by tuesday »

.xoxo wrote:According to socialblade they're both making about 50,000 a year just from youtube. I think that's a pretty low number considering how they live, and where they live, especially buying a condo in LA. I wonder how they can still afford the lavish lifestyle, expensive cars, etc. on only $50,000 a year. I am not saying that $50,000 isn't a lot because it is, but it's not compared to how these two are living. I wonder if they're trying to keep up with the joneses' and in a bunch of debt, or if they are living off of daddy's wealth.
I looked at their social blade stats a few years ago and it was more like 400,000 a year for Blair and 250,000 a year for Elle on the top end and 250,000 a year for Blair and 100,000 for Elle on the low end. I think their low views are hurting them more than they realize! I am sure, like others have said, that they are making bank off everything else.

utube
Learner
Learner

Post by utube »

Glitzy Glam isn't theirs though. Its their mothers. I highly doubt she shares much of the profit with them if any. They only made it sound like theirs to get minions to buy and help promote their mothers business

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

utube wrote:Glitzy Glam isn't theirs though. Its their mothers. I highly doubt she shares much of the profit with them if any. They only made it sound like theirs to get minions to buy and help promote their mothers business
The only thing they get from Glitzy Glam is the free stuff their mother sends them.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

Even without glitzy glam there's still the phone case line, their shoe line, the books, whatever they made from skylark (even though that looks like it's gone buy buy, they made some money off it), I wouldn't be surprised if they got paid for blush.com and justfab.com since they're connected with those sites, and there's the thousands they get from sponsorships for YT videos.

TimothyBax
Wanderer
Wanderer

How come E are still popular

Post by TimothyBax »

im here
as are ALOT of people who still play.
i honestly believe that jk is more popular now than it wad during its dying day ;p

Lbjvl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lbjvl »

What happened to their threads? The one for Allthatglitters21 has been deleted. What does it take for that to happen?

snowyleopard
Learner
Learner

Post by snowyleopard »

Lbjvl wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:49 am
What happened to their threads? The one for Allthatglitters21 has been deleted. What does it take for that to happen?
Thread was moved, She is located under lifestyle vloggers

Here is a link:
viewforum.php?f=750

Lbjvl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lbjvl »

snowyleopard wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:47 am
Lbjvl wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:49 am
Thread was moved, She is located under lifestyle vloggers

Here is a link:
viewforum.php?f=750
Thank you!

grg_kitty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by grg_kitty »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:05 pm
Even without glitzy glam there's still the phone case line, their shoe line, the books, whatever they made from skylark (even though that looks like it's gone buy buy, they made some money off it), I wouldn't be surprised if they got paid for blush.com and justfab.com since they're connected with those sites, and there's the thousands they get from sponsorships for YT videos.
For Elle at least, she's in the decorative planning community, which is massive. I'm personally in the community so I'm very familiar with it and know there are a minimum of hundreds of thousands of people potentially buying her very expensive planner products on the daily. There are many other sellers in the community who have used the money they've made on planner products to buy nice homes and the like, so I can only imagine what she's able to afford as a seller in the community as well.

Return to “Elle & Blair”