How come E&B are still popular?

Vojvodkinja
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Vojvodkinja »

I'm not a fan of these two, but I watched couple of latest video and i could not but realize that the like bar is way more red than green. So, my question is - how do these two earn so much money outside youtube? They even published their book, don't think there are so many people that would buy it. What keeps them going?
Please note: I don't follow them, I found out about them via GG.
"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art." Ralph Waldo

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: How come E&B are still popular?

Post by emmygues »

the like bar has nothing to do with their paycheck. it's the views that get them paid. well not really the views, the amount of people who see the ads that go up during their videos. i have an adblocker so i don't contribute to that. plus, they get a lot of free stuff from companies. they get paid to mention their free stuff. they get money from their cell phone case thing. they get paid for their makeup thing. they get paid from the book thing. you'll be surprised at the little girls who watch their videos. a $20 book is nothing to them. they can just go into a barnes&noble and just buy it.

mimi
Talker
Talker

Post by mimi »

and the company pays them huge! plus their makeup, glitzy glam, other "projects." they said the sales go up 300% when they mention the project, so i bet they are getting hundres of thousands for sponsorship. and clicks to the website from the info box. affiliated links. celaris too.

scgirl212
Informer
Informer

Post by scgirl212 »

They also have representation now, which is a an agent, a manager and probably a PR company who basically gets them these deals to work with other companies, gets them to events like the teen choice awards etc....the more they are out there the more money and the bigger deals they can get. I think they will always be pretty small potatoes since I don't really see them being likeable to a larger general audience. Blair I think is more marketable than Elle, she is also younger and imo more attractive. In LA, over 25 is considered old. Elle also photographs old. Very few people make it after 25 in the way that Elle and Blair are hoping to make it.

UnImpossible
Talker
Talker

Post by UnImpossible »

There's a lot of 9 year old girls who watch her videos

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunset123 »

^ exactly.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

because their main audience (girls age 10-17) happen to be the easiest demographic to sell to. They are the most easily entertained and very easily impressed. No talent is required to appeal to pre-teen and teen girls.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

good question, they are boring as hell.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

They aren't that popular anymore. Their recent videos aren't even hitting over 200k views. Macbarbie07 surpasses their views combined with just one of her videos.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

Well if you look at their book tour, they have people waiting in line for hours. I'd say they're popular. Unfortunately.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

emmygues wrote:Their recent videos aren't even hitting over 200k views.
That's only their recent videos. Their views haven't dropped over the last few years. They used to get 200-250k views per video, and they still do.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I have no idea but I unsubbed to them. So over these bitches.
imma ball til the day i fall

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Username wrote:
emmygues wrote:Their recent videos aren't even hitting over 200k views.
That's only their recent videos. Their views haven't dropped over the last few years. They used to get 200-250k views per video, and they still do.
and that's still sad and that's still a measure of their popularity. it should be increasing over the years, not remaining stagnant. for two gurus who have over a million subscribers each, they should be getting more views. i understand elle because she's taken a ton of breaks over the years. but blair used to get a lot more views than 200k.

Post by Guest »

In a nutshell; they're pretty, fashionable, rich, have a beautiful bedroom, have beautiful possessions and give off the illusion of living the perfect life (to a young & girly teenager anyway). These girls are entertained by them because they either want to be them, or be just like them.

cookienookie
Informer
Informer

Post by cookienookie »

^fashionable??? :o
I would have to highly disagree.

BulldogRN
Debater
Debater

Post by BulldogRN »

I'm not a hater, but I must agree. I enjoy their videos (Elle's far more than Blair's), but for some reason, I almost never like their outfits whenever they do an ootd or if I see a full length pic.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

They are starting to fade now, but I'm predicting they'll be done in about 5 years. Elle will be 30, Blair will be 25. Blair only appeals to tween and teens and she'll be too old to appeal to them by then. She doesn't appeal to adults at all with her bimbo personality and screechy voice.

Vojvodkinja
Debater
Debater

Post by Vojvodkinja »

^ I thought they were twins?!
"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art." Ralph Waldo

cookienookie
Informer
Informer

Post by cookienookie »

Username wrote:They are starting to fade now, but I'm predicting they'll be done in about 5 years. Elle will be 30, Blair will be 25. Blair only appeals to tween and teens and she'll be too old to appeal to them by then. She doesn't appeal to adults at all with her bimbo personality and screechy voice.

Hmm Elle is currently 25 or 26 but lookwise can easily pass for mid thirties/early forties yet her main audience is teens and tweens. So idk.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

cookienookie wrote:
Username wrote:They are starting to fade now, but I'm predicting they'll be done in about 5 years. Elle will be 30, Blair will be 25. Blair only appeals to tween and teens and she'll be too old to appeal to them by then. She doesn't appeal to adults at all with her bimbo personality and screechy voice.

Hmm Elle is currently 25 or 26 but lookwise can easily pass for mid thirties/early forties yet her main audience is teens and tweens. So idk.
Elle looks her age. At least, on camera she does.

Return to “Elle & Blair”