About Lisa Eldridge and Sali Hughes

Re: About Lisa Eldridge and Sali Hughes

Post by Guest »

Yes, it would appear that Sali is kissing Gleam's arse. This, together with her I'm so cool attitude and the fact she conspicuosly ignores to mention Lisa has made me go off her- shame, I used to like her.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Tsubaki »

Yup, I'm with you guys. As soon as Sali interviewed Caroline Hirons and mentioned being close to her... it all makes sense why she had Ruth from A Model Recommends in her book and all that jazz. I felt like Sali was more comfortable around Caroline in her interview than any other person she has interviewed -- they really make a duo. Perhaps it's because they run on a similar wavelength. My first impression of Sali was that she was a tad bit arrogant. Caroline has a case of resting bitch face. They both have reputations of being honest and frank about their opinions. I would never blindly follow recommendations though. Oh, and the feminist stance they have on beauty.

I had no idea who Hirons was until I saw the interview, then I checked her YouTube channel and saw the Gleam email address. Hopefully, pushing all that aside, Sali can interview Lisa because that's what we want to see! I really want to know how Lisa's bathroom looks like and so does a lot of the viewers of the In the Bathroom series. It's like rummaging through someone's makeup bag... I get a lot of thrill out of it. That's the only reason I'm subscribed to Sali's channel. I don't really read her articles in The Guardian, nor do I check her website. It does make me think less of her when she's kissing up to Gleam.

Post by Guest »

I used to read her beauty column in the Guardian but stopped after a while, there was just something snooty about her. I know some may say that Lisa can come across a bit snooty too but not in the 'mean girls' way that Sali comes across to me.
OT, people on here comment about certain daily beauty bloggers only writing a small column, yet Sali most probably gets £££ for writing a paragraph a WEEK, as well as getting loads of free products (not jealous ;)

Post by Guest »

^ Forgot to add Sali felt comfortable with Caroline probably because she was more in awe and possibly a bit nervous with the other credible interviewees? (miaow :D )

Post by Guest »

The requests are still coming in for Sali to do an In the Bathroom interview with Lisa in the comments section...

Viri
Learner
Learner

Post by Viri »

onigiri815 wrote:It's nothing really big I'm sorry :(

She mentioned Lisa's Korean makeup tutorial. This relates to Lancome releasing a "BB cushion".
She then went on to say that this is because of Lisa being the creative director of Lancome now.
But she said it in such a way that sounded like a heavy eyeroll?
Along the lines of "So Lisa just released her Korean tutorial and lo behold Lancome releases this BB cushion and of course Lisa is now the creative director/ manager, sorry if I got that wrong Lisa, but yes there you go"

I don't know. I think it's possible that Caroline has resting bitch face and bitch tone 24/7 hahaha
what?? those people shove product after product down our throats and get a nice sum out of it but give Lisa shade for doing what she did? And I bet my ass that Lisa did what she did because she is actually fascinated by what the asian market has come up with and wants that in the western make up market as well. I think she really stands behind the products she recommends or even creates. I believe her a lot more than Caroline. Like, who is that woman even?

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

The preview of Lisa's book looks beautiful. Not only that, it actually looks informative and interesting. <3
I have the book that Sali recently released and found it to be very disappointing and cheap in quality to be honest.

seycbugthli
Lurker
Lurker

Post by seycbugthli »

As far as the Sali/Lisa relationship situation, Sali mentioned some things in her interview with Pixiwoo which might be pertinent to Lisa. She said something about women bashing other women and how she really hated that. I feel like since Lisa actually does throw digs at people, Sali may have been referring in part to her? Idk. It's all speculation.

On another note, I pre-ordered Lisa's book. I'm really looking forward a book about makeup that's actually informative!

YellowRoom
Lurker
Lurker

Post by YellowRoom »

Not sure if this will ever post to Youtube, but for any fellow Londoners - Sali and Lisa will be speaking together at Stylist Live in October. So maybe they just aren't very close but still friendly?

http://live.stylist.co.uk/daily-schedule.

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

I don't understand why Stylist doesn't post videos of these events online :( Obviously only a handful of people can attend these things but there's so much interest, they would get so many views...

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

Eh, I wish there was a way to edit old posts and threads... I did find them both marvellous at the time, but now I'm not so sure.
I think the In the Bathroom series only happen when the person has something specific to promote, and Lisa already published her book so she has no reason to make an appearance.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

PearlyPearl wrote: I think the In the Bathroom series only happen when the person has something specific to promote, and Lisa already published her book so she has no reason to make an appearance.
What did Mary Greenwell have to promote? or Morag Ross?
Plus Ruth Crilley just mentioned an in the bathroom with Sali hughes.
I definitely think there is something there but it is overall just a shame because it is an interesting series and I would love to see Lisa part of it

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

Viri wrote:

She mentioned Lisa's Korean makeup tutorial. This relates to Lancome releasing a "BB cushion".
She then went on to say that this is because of Lisa being the creative director of Lancome now.
Along the lines of "So Lisa just released her Korean tutorial and lo behold Lancome releases this BB cushion and of course Lisa is now the creative director/ manager, sorry if I got that wrong Lisa, but yes there you go"

I don't know. I think it's possible that Caroline has resting bitch face and bitch tone 24/7 hahaha
what?? those people shove product after product down our throats and get a nice sum out of it but give Lisa shade for doing what she did? And I bet my ass that Lisa did what she did because she is actually fascinated by what the asian market has come up with and wants that in the western make up market as well. I think she really stands behind the products she recommends or even creates. I believe her a lot more than Caroline. Like, who is that woman even?
Lisa is like 100 levels above sale hughes and Caroline and they're petty and jealous I feel. Lisa, unlike the other two, has a talent.

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

dollhouse wrote:
Viri wrote:

Lisa is like 100 levels above sale hughes and Caroline and they're petty and jealous I feel. Lisa, unlike the other two, has a talent.
Well I don't think it's really fair to compare these three since Lisa is a pro MUA, Caroline a "skincare expert" (even though I personally don't take her seriously as one) and Sali is a beauty journalist. Completely different professions. I think Sali is amazing at her job and her knowledge of the beauty industry and cosmetics in general is outstanding. But I would never compare her to Lisa cause she is not a makeup artist (although she's done work as a makeup artist assistant).
XOXO

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

onigiri815 wrote:
PearlyPearl wrote: I think the In the Bathroom series only happen when the person has something specific to promote, and Lisa already published her book so she has no reason to make an appearance.
What did Mary Greenwell have to promote? or Morag Ross?
Plus Ruth Crilley just mentioned an in the bathroom with Sali hughes.
I definitely think there is something there but it is overall just a shame because it is an interesting series and I would love to see Lisa part of it
Mary had a line of perfumes. Morag mentioned that she doesn't get much free gear so appearing in a mainstream beauty interview as opposed to pro/industry only will bring attention to not only her but stage and screen professionals in general. Obviously I don't know what kind of deals SH and her agency specifically make with the people she interviews.

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

Waldorfdarling wrote: Well I don't think it's really fair to compare these three since Lisa is a pro MUA, Caroline a "skincare expert" (even though I personally don't take her seriously as one) and Sali is a beauty journalist. Completely different professions. I think Sali is amazing at her job and her knowledge of the beauty industry and cosmetics in general is outstanding. But I would never compare her to Lisa cause she is not a makeup artist (although she's done work as a makeup artist assistant).
I'm afraid the more I've followed Sali the clearer it has become that she's not as knowledgable as one might think. I used to follow her column and (her advice) but she just shills whatever pays her the most. /disappointedfangirl

Oh and according to the thread on CH, she's just a self-appointed expert

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

PearlyPearl wrote:
Waldorfdarling wrote: Well I don't think it's really fair to compare these three since Lisa is a pro MUA, Caroline a "skincare expert" (even though I personally don't take her seriously as one) and Sali is a beauty journalist. Completely different professions. I think Sali is amazing at her job and her knowledge of the beauty industry and cosmetics in general is outstanding. But I would never compare her to Lisa cause she is not a makeup artist (although she's done work as a makeup artist assistant).
I'm afraid the more I've followed Sali the clearer it has become that she's not as knowledgable as one might think. I used to follow her column and (her advice) but she just shills whatever pays her the most. /disappointedfangirl

Oh and according to the thread on CH, she's just a self-appointed expert
I respect your opinion, but having really invested time following Sali, her columns and articles on The Pool website I have to say I don't agree at all, she seems like a no-bullshit kind of person and I'd never think she promotes a certain product JUST for the money. She does seem to favor certain brands, that's true, but I genuinely think she likes those brands even if she's paid by them.

As for the In The Bathroom series, some people said that she only features guests who have something to promote but honestly who DOESN'T have something to promote in this business? Lisa currently has her book and she's creative director for Lancome so I don't think that's the reason she hasn't done a video with Sali yet.
XOXO

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

Sali Hughes seems like she's always getting in fights with people

edit: or maybe its just because I only see her throwing shade with caroline hirons

loref85
Informer
Informer

Post by loref85 »

I found this comment in her video with Mary Greenwell; somebody asked about Sali and Lisa and Sali responded:

My English is not bad, it simply doesn't exist :)

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

loref85 wrote:I found this comment in her video with Mary Greenwell; somebody asked about Sali and Lisa and Sali responded:

You mean this: "I think her extremely talented and respect her as an artist, totally." ?

Return to “Lisa Eldridge”