Eve Bennett

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
Studytuber
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Eve Bennett

Post by Studytuber »

emmer_mo wrote:
Denaturedenzyme wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:44 am
Anyone think she looked really different in her recent photos? She looked really pretty but she seemed to have suddenly changed how she looked over night (might just be angles I guess)
She's wearing a middle parting in her hair and it really suits her compared to the hair flick on one side thing.
For reference (for anybody other than me who has such annoyingly slow wifi from a really incompetent ISP that Insta takes a relatively long time to load ):

Rubylee87
Debater
Debater

Post by Rubylee87 »

I came here to say exactly that. She looks very different. I almost didn’t recognise her when she came up on my insta feed. Can’t place what it is but she doesn’t look the same.

ginqween
Learner
Learner

Post by ginqween »

Not sure why (& you guys can tell me if I'm wrong) - Does she remind you of Gabby Lindley a bit? Looks, the way she puts herself across online etc? Not saying it's a bad thing (if you agree) but it seems a bit obvious.

ginqween
Learner
Learner

Post by ginqween »

Not sure why (& you guys can tell me if I'm wrong) - Does she remind you of Gabby Lindley a bit? Looks, the way she puts herself across online etc? Not saying it's a bad thing (if you agree) but it seems a bit obvious.

chocolatecheesecakes
Talker
Talker

Post by chocolatecheesecakes »

I don't know why she's surprised that she has to reapply for her internship at the BBC if she wants to do it next year instead? Obviously loads of people apply every year, it's competitive, they can't just give her a spot because there might be better candidates instead of her who apply next year. She reeks of privilege methinks.

N88459
Talker
Talker

Post by N88459 »

chocolatecheesecakes wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:59 am
I don't know why she's surprised that she has to reapply for her internship at the BBC if she wants to do it next year instead? Obviously loads of people apply every year, it's competitive, they can't just give her a spot because there might be better candidates instead of her who apply next year. She reeks of privilege methinks.
I've always thought Eve acted very entitled, and her tweets and videos during this pandemic have confirmed it for me.

She seems to think she deserves everything to be handed to her on a silver platter, and that she shouldn't have to work for anything in life

laurajessica
Learner
Learner

Post by laurajessica »

I like Eve, but I think in her videos she comes across as quite a negative person. As someone who used to be kinda depressed myself cause I just wallowed in everything and was very pessimistic, being negative about everything means you're not helping yourself. I understand her point of view sometimes, but lighten up a bit mate.

Crumpets4life
Learner
Learner

Post by Crumpets4life »

moonlightpixie wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 pm
she needs to stop eating she has been looking huge recently!
What an awful thing to say. The human body needs at least 1200+ calories per day just to sustain itself, so telling her to stop eating is pure evil. It doesn't matter if somebody is underweight, healthy, overweight or obese- they still need to eat.
FYI Eve did struggle with disordered eating a few years ago where she became obsessed with calories and her body size. I bet there are people who browse this forum who also struggle with this, so take your "pro ana" b******* somewhere else. There are special forums for that.

ginqween
Learner
Learner

Post by ginqween »

Fri May 22, 2020 7:59 am
Yeah, I think the issue is privilege for sure. She's obviously very clever, but she needs to realise in the real world, people are going to be more clever and have more to offer than she does. She's cocky and used to getting her own way, I'm glad situations are trying to teach her that's not always possible.

ginqween
Learner
Learner

Post by ginqween »

moonlightpixie wrote:
I don't like Eve particularly, but this is a horrendous thing to say. She's been very public about a history of eating disorders, so it's a bit out of line when you know she reads these threads.

FBG115599
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by FBG115599 »

Right I think the whole concept of these 'girly chats and gin' videos is lovely because there are a lot of young impressionable teenage girls watching her that need advice, but I feel like Eve is going about it a bit wrong... First of all, all the advice questions are just turned into Eve telling everyone about her experiences with those things and often she forgets to even answer! Just seems so self-centred? Also kudos to Eve for being honest about her virginity and lack of success with boys, but she's now made 4 whole vids on the topic of relationships, sex etc... is she really the right person to be talking about that? Of course she shouldn't be excluded from that conversation, but despite her lack of experience she seems very focused on numbers and her kiss count. After watching all 4 vids out of curiosity (even though they are very repetitive) I don't think she gives any constructive advice for girls and just ends up waffling about how hard her life is. Maybe I've got it all wrong, and I genuinely think there are some questions that she answers in a very down-to-earth way, but I just get a really bad vibe from the relationships bits. Also in her latest video she said the only reason she's single is because she decides she doesnt like them... can't help but feel she's trying to brag about something non existent there

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

FBG115599 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:19 am
Right I think the whole concept of these 'girly chats and gin' videos is lovely because there are a lot of young impressionable teenage girls watching her that need advice, but I feel like Eve is going about it a bit wrong... First of all, all the advice questions are just turned into Eve telling everyone about her experiences with those things and often she forgets to even answer! Just seems so self-centred? Also kudos to Eve for being honest about her virginity and lack of success with boys, but she's now made 4 whole vids on the topic of relationships, sex etc... is she really the right person to be talking about that? Of course she shouldn't be excluded from that conversation, but despite her lack of experience she seems very focused on numbers and her kiss count. After watching all 4 vids out of curiosity (even though they are very repetitive) I don't think she gives any constructive advice for girls and just ends up waffling about how hard her life is. Maybe I've got it all wrong, and I genuinely think there are some questions that she answers in a very down-to-earth way, but I just get a really bad vibe from the relationships bits. Also in her latest video she said the only reason she's single is because she decides she doesnt like them... can't help but feel she's trying to brag about something non existent there
Yeah I agree. It's the attempt to justify that she's single by choice, which cool, a lot of people are, but I definitely get the vibe from her that she's saying it to protect herself.

ginqween
Learner
Learner

Post by ginqween »

FBG115599 wrote:
Another small thing; "(Tipsy) Chats"? Eve mate, you're not tipsy. But I agree, it's a good idea and I'd rather young people got their advice from her than many of the other so called 'influencers' but I'm a bit meh on the way she answers questions.

hannz16
Debater
Debater

Post by hannz16 »

ginqween wrote:
FBG115599 wrote:
Another small thing; "(Tipsy) Chats"? Eve mate, you're not tipsy. But I agree, it's a good idea and I'd rather young people got their advice from her than many of the other so called 'influencers' but I'm a bit meh on the way she answers questions.
I watched them and I enjoy them as I feel the same about a lot of things (still at uni, never had a boyfriend) so it makes me feel less alone. But it’s true, it’s like a video to talk about her life and that’s cool but it’s separate from actual advice?

Verygoodja
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Verygoodja »

I don’t know why, but her voice in her most recent Gin chats video is grating on my nerves oh my lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ginqween
Learner
Learner

Post by ginqween »

Verygoodja wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:31 am
I don’t know why, but her voice in her most recent Gin chats video is grating on my nerves oh my lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very true. Not sure if she sounded more Brummie than usual?

laurajessica
Learner
Learner

Post by laurajessica »

FBG115599 wrote:
Yeah, I like Eve and no hate but she said her kiss count is less than 10, which in my view is pretty low for someone who is 20 and at uni?

chocolatecheesecakes
Talker
Talker

Post by chocolatecheesecakes »

laurajessica wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:18 pm
FBG115599 wrote:
Yeah, I like Eve and no hate but she said her kiss count is less than 10, which in my view is pretty low for someone who is 20 and at uni?
I'm 20, at uni, and my kiss count is 2. Please don't judge people for kiss counts/body counts. It might be low for you but some people leave university having never been kissed. I don't see the point you're making here, she's not the right person to be talking about sex but what the hell is wrong with a low kiss count? It's pretty standard imo.

laurajessica
Learner
Learner

Post by laurajessica »

Mon May 25, 2020 2:39 am
laurajessica wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:18 pm
FBG115599 wrote:
I'm 20, at uni, and my kiss count is 2. Please don't judge people for kiss counts/body counts. It might be low for you but some people leave university having never been kissed. I don't see the point you're making here, she's not the right person to be talking about sex but what the hell is wrong with a low kiss count? It's pretty standard imo.
I meant as in the same with 'not being the right person to talk about sex', her kiss count is low in some people's view. I wasn't judging her for it being below 10, I meant the same as the sex thing as in she doesn't seem to have a huge amount of experience with boys and stuff. And I think most people have probably kissed people by uni, but no hate if people haven't.

geegee1003
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by geegee1003 »

Crumpets4life wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:49 pm
moonlightpixie wrote:
What an awful thing to say. The human body needs at least 1200+ calories per day just to sustain itself, so telling her to stop eating is pure evil. It doesn't matter if somebody is underweight, healthy, overweight or obese- they still need to eat.
FYI Eve did struggle with disordered eating a few years ago where she became obsessed with calories and her body size. I bet there are people who browse this forum who also struggle with this, so take your "pro ana" b******* somewhere else. There are special forums for that.
Am just catching up with this thread and I'm so glad someone replied to this comment! If Eve is happy with the way she looks then it's not for you to comment on because she looks too 'huge' for you. Disgusting stuff really, and you shouldn't say it to anyone, let alone someone with a history of disordered eating.

Return to “A-M”