ipsy (formerly MyGlam) - Part 2

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ipsy (formerly MyGlam) - Part 2

Post by Trololol »

"Feet angled inwards can indicate defensiveness or introspection and perhaps a feeling of awkwardness." From:http://www.changingminds.org/techniques ... nguage.htm

I assume this feeling of defensiveness stems from the fact that her ego isn't being stroked, therefore it is a threat.

wind84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wind84 »

I liked my September ipsy bag. I got 3 full sized products and everything complemented my skin tone nicely. My October bag doesn't look too exciting, though. I figure these subscription boxes are usually hit or miss. Obviously they can't please every single person 100% but for $10/month, I can't complain. I think they're doing a pretty good job.

I hate Michelle Phan, though.

bloodcoffee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bloodcoffee »

^^ I'd get ipsy if it didn't support her. :/

SpringDuck
Informer
Informer

Post by SpringDuck »

Blissinmycoffee wrote:I actually liked ipsy for a while. I thought it started out rocky but got progressively better. It wasn't until recently that I just started realizing how little I use the products I get. Sometimes I got like two things that were awesome so that kept me interested but lately it's been pretty lackluster.

Anywho, I just canceled my subscription but I wanted to post this screenshot of what the page looks like when you try to cancel the subscription. I don't know why but that pic bugs the hell out of me >__<

She looks like a little kid that didn't get their way instead of someone sad to see the person leave :?
To me it looks like she really needs to go to the bathroom and is trying to hold it in :P
:toad:

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

I wish they would give products from those brands. I've only gotten 4 bags and have gotten NYX brand twice and eye lash curlers that rip out your lashes.

Sent By Owl

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

SpringDuck wrote:
Blissinmycoffee wrote:I actually liked ipsy for a while. I thought it started out rocky but got progressively better. It wasn't until recently that I just started realizing how little I use the products I get. Sometimes I got like two things that were awesome so that kept me interested but lately it's been pretty lackluster.

Anywho, I just canceled my subscription but I wanted to post this screenshot of what the page looks like when you try to cancel the subscription. I don't know why but that pic bugs the hell out of me >__<

She looks like a little kid that didn't get their way instead of someone sad to see the person leave :?

Scary thing, my best guy friend's current girlfriend (Miss T) gives a look JUST LIKE THAT when she doesn't get her way. If Michelle is anything like Miss T (Same exact facial expression ), I'm guessing that she's high strung, manipulative towards their significant other (emotional blackmail, tantrums) and says stupid shit to the people she works with with when she doesn't get them to do what she wants for her sole benefit, probably thinking that all she has to do is to provide them with exposure for their youtube blogging career.

Collaboration goes both ways, Michelle. You can't always stand there looking pretty (ridiculous) and expect people to always fawn over you.

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

Today I was talking to a friend who I don't get to see too often, and she mentioned that her first ipsy bag had "intentionally wrong" items in it. I don't know what that means but I'll keep you guys posted the next time I ask her about it.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

queenalice
Informer
Informer

Post by queenalice »

Chlorophyll wrote:Today I was talking to a friend who I don't get to see too often, and she mentioned that her first ipsy bag had "intentionally wrong" items in it. I don't know what that means but I'll keep you guys posted the next time I ask her about it.
Saw on reddit's /r/beautyboxes that a lot of ipsy girls were complaining their tinted lip balms (in the little metal tins) were not actually pigmented because the pigments had sunk to the very bottom of the container. Lot of girls said that they had to scrape off a lot of the product to get to the actual colored lip product. Some other girls mentioned that they had gotten Mica eye primers that had weird spots in it, could've been mold... I think ipsy responded by saying something about the packaging being plastic or whatever? And that the original product was sold in glass, so it was MICA's fault... of course it is :roll:

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

^Oh my gosh! How stupid.

I'm back but I don't have many details. She said she took a questionnaire before-hand and led them to believe she looked better in cool colors, but they sent her all warm colors. She specified that she wears a lot of eye make up but they sent her mostly lip and cheek products. She also specifically said she never uses pencil eye liner and they sent her one anyway. :P She didn't want to talk about it too much because she knew I was going to log on here and tell everyone about it. She's not a boat rocker.

So...Idk. I guess the quality of the products really sucks plus they don't listen to your preferences.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

whoawhoawhoa wrote:

that shit would make me click cancel even faster
Crazy thing is that in that picture, she looks like my best guy friend's girlfriend. Hysterical cow who believes in horoscopes, really temperamental, I cannot stand her.

dru_irkins
Debater
Debater

Post by dru_irkins »

She posted 3 consecutive instagram pictures and tagged Ipsy... wonder what that is? Starting another project?

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

Why bother starting another project when you can't even get the first one functioning properly? :D

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Chlorophyll wrote:Why bother starting another project when you can't even get the first one functioning properly? :D
How many side projects has she cast aside now? I've lost count.

hanmyo
Talker
Talker

Post by hanmyo »

Ipsy has been all over my pinterest today. I've reported every pin I've found and been posting in comments not to waste their times.
"Would you censor the Venus de Venus just because you can see her spewers?"

lmp25438
Learner
Learner

Post by lmp25438 »

dru_irkins wrote:She posted 3 consecutive instagram pictures and tagged Ipsy... wonder what that is? Starting another project?
I think it's that Generation Beauty event happening in LA from ipsy. Like others have said, she shows up for her own events but good luck wishing she ever sets foot on IMATS.

brac_angel88
Talker
Talker

ipsy (formerly MyGlam) - Part 2

Post by brac_angel88 »

I came over from another thread. Don't know if you all watch Desi Perkins, Lustrelux or Chrisspy but one of them snapped that they were filming with Michelle and on Desi's updated brow routine she mentioned at the very end that IPSY has some stupid Open Studio thing where upcoming beauty gurus can film at these studios with lights and cameras and all that jazz provided by IPSY. I'm sure they're going to force them to push IPSY products in their vids. The three girls I just mentioned already push some of their glam bag garbage. So we've yet to see more girls desperate for YouTube fame selling IPSY stuff in their vids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mad pyjamas
Informer
Informer

Post by mad pyjamas »

A girl I'm friends with on Facebook is so excited she just signed up for Ipsy :rofl: I didn't even know it was still a thing!

Return to “Michelle Phan”