The $10,000 Beauty Smartie Showdown Prize?

lollita07
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The $10,000 Beauty Smartie Showdown Prize?

Post by lollita07 »

Does anyone know if she even donated the $10,000 she won from the Beauty Smartie Showdown like she said she would? I haven't heard anything about it since she won.... Kinda sketchy...

Pinkiegurf24
Debater
Debater

Re: The $10,000 Beauty Smartie Showdown Prize?

Post by Pinkiegurf24 »

Ugh this has been brought up so many times!
Nope no one knows whether she has donated the money or not.
And even though it would be mean to her to lie to her subscribers about it,
she doesn't have donate any of it since it's her money.

red-hearted-girl
Learner
Learner

Post by red-hearted-girl »

Eh, it's been talked about a lot. I don't mind what she does with it, she didn't really earn it because we all know that she can't really do makeup to save her life, but she did it and put up with all the hate she got for it. I would like to think that she is going to keep to her word and donate it though, it's hardly like she needs to money is it? Whatever.
♡ “And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20) ♡

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Well it's her money so she can do whatever the hell she pleases with it. Personally I think she should either donate it or put it away for college or something else. She doesn't need more clothes or shit like that. If she really wants some of it, she could donate $5,000 to charity and keep $5,000 for herself.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I think that it was just a way to win, I don't really believe her anymore since she got so mad the last time we brought it up, like if she was caught lying.

Lorelei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lorelei »

Diorette wrote:I think that it was just a way to win, I don't really believe her anymore since she got so mad the last time we brought it up, like if she was caught lying.
I agree x 1000
Kalel's Spread
SO KAWAII!!!!

crossroads2727
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by crossroads2727 »

Sorry I don't know how to post a video, but on her new "Ask Megan! Define rich, fav Youtuber friend, celebrity crush" are the following comments;

This comment has received too many negative votes
Hey Megan I was wondering if you ever donated some of the money you won from the smartie showdown to a charity? :)
xoxoMarissaG 20 minutes ago
I have not been paid by Seventeen/Hearst. I take very high offense to this question because I have not recieved the money to be able to donate it. I assume you are from the "forum" that made this a topic of conversation.
meganheartsmakeup in reply to xoxoMarissaG 10 minutes ago
Well i'm sorry that this offended you because I thought you had said something about donating some of it. And no i'm not from the "forum" fyi.
xoxoMarissaG in reply to meganheartsmakeup 5 minutes ago

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

God she is so defensive. There was no indication that girl was from the "forum" at all. She jumped down her throat for no reason.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

^^^
See, why get so defensive if you're telling the truth? :)

Also, she won months ago, then seventeen is not that dependable.

Astrocam89
Learner
Learner

Post by Astrocam89 »

Adelaide wrote:Sorry I don't know how to post a video, but on her new "Ask Megan! Define rich, fav Youtuber friend, celebrity crush" are the following comments;

Hey Megan I was wondering if you ever donated some of the money you won from the smartie showdown to a charity? :)
xoxoMarissaG 20 minutes ago
I have not been paid by Seventeen/Hearst. I take very high offense to this question because I have not recieved the money to be able to donate it. I assume you are from the "forum" that made this a topic of conversation.
meganheartsmakeup in reply to xoxoMarissaG 10 minutes ago
Well i'm sorry that this offended you because I thought you had said something about donating some of it. And no i'm not from the "forum" fyi.
xoxoMarissaG in reply to meganheartsmakeup 5 minutes ago
It was a harmless question. The girl didn't know that Megan supposedly "didn't receive the money". Megan is way too defensive. She could have been more polite about it.

Sometimes I like Megan, sometimes she is a b*tch.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

wow, I like Megan and all, but damn that was ultra bitchy...

pomegranatesareyummy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pomegranatesareyummy »

yeah. i mean if you make a vid saying you're going to donate the money to charity to get votes, the people who vote for you should know whether or not you followed up on the reason why they voted for you. how is that poor girl supposed to know that megan didn't have the money? it's not just her "haters" that wonder where the money went. it's the subscribers that voted for her cause of that reason that wonder too. She needs to come down from her high and mighty attitude

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

There was another comment Megan left about how "after 5 minutes of her video being posted, people on the "forum" immediately post it and are like 'sooo what do you guys think?'" She really checks here that quickly? I bet this site is her homepage.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

^^^
Of course it is, she's so full of herself that she needs to read everything about herself.

Also, I'm surprised that she hasn't come here calling us ugly bitches.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

i still can't believe she entered that competition. it was really messed up of her to enter. the other girl should have won. glamourista16 is so much better. i watched her for a long time. when i saw that she was up against megan, i just knew she would lose.

but her response to that comment was really bitchy. the poor girl was just asking an innocent question and megan just jumped down her throat. when someone is THAT defensive about something, they are hiding something.

pinksugarplum
Learner
Learner

Post by pinksugarplum »

It's funny that Megan tried so hard to look and sound wise in that video, yet being a total bitch to someone who simply asked her a question. Hypocrite much.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

I think, IMO, if I made videos, I'd be here a lot too.. LOL. Curiosity will get the best of you.

DealWithIt
Learner
Learner

Post by DealWithIt »

Sorry but I really couldn’t care less if it’s rightfully her money or not, she promised that at least part of the winnings would go to a charity if she won. She made sure to include that within every tutorial and post about the competition, she used it as a way to get people to vote for her so yes, she does owe it to those who voted for her to follow through on that promise.
ImageImage

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

DealWithIt wrote:Sorry but I really couldn’t care less if it’s rightfully her money or not, she promised that at least part of the winnings would go to a charity if she won. She made sure to include that within every tutorial and post about the competition, she used it as a way to get people to vote for her so yes, she does owe it to those who voted for her to follow through on that promise.
This^^

I hated that she was using the charity card as a way to get votes. Maybe other girls would have needed it for college or something. What's funny is she's reading this and apparently getting so mad about it, so I think it's safe to say she will donate it to charity so she can "DAMN THE 'FORUM' AND PROVE THEM WRONG".

ohmymel
Learner
Learner

Post by ohmymel »

That bitchy attitude of her goes to show that she is not what she tries to portray in her videos as being sweet, generous, and sincere.

Return to “Megan Parken”