TheFightingSolo / Julien Solomita

AnnahJ
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheFightingSolo / Julien Solomita

Post by AnnahJ »

courageouscrumpets wrote:Well... I’m not surprised.

Such a waste of copyrighting the idea when others can produce content 100x better. He announced it at the very beginning of their new podcast btw, if anyone’s interested.
I honestly thought they cancelled it ages ago...??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

AnnahJ wrote:
courageouscrumpets wrote:Well... I’m not surprised.

Such a waste of copyrighting the idea when others can produce content 100x better. He announced it at the very beginning of their new podcast btw, if anyone’s interested.
I honestly thought they cancelled it ages ago...??

They should have :roll:

melissah
Debater
Debater

Post by melissah »

Catleana wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:45 am
nugget wrote:don't know if this has been discussed but i saw his art prints for sale (link: <a class="vglnk" href="https://www.inprnt.com/gallery/juliensolo/" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>inprnt</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>gallery</span><span>/</span><span>juliensolo</span><span>/</span></a>), and the choice of photos is so bizarre. a bottle of water? a really badly composed photo of a car dealership? a crooked and poorly composed skyline photo? the alien photo is kind of cool, and i like the eclipse photos too, but the rest just look like average snapshots anyone with a DSLR could produce. the sand fire cloud photo is annoyingly cropped too, with the distracting elements in the bottom. i'm so confused, does he really not have any better photos than these?!
:?: :?: is this serious? Does he think people want a water bottle on their wall?
Wow, embarrassing...

I just started taking photos for the first time this year, on my iPhone while hiking, and (unbiased I promise) I have HUNDREDS of photos which are SO, SO, SO, SO much better than that nonsense on his site. I do take them just for my own benefit. Does he think someone wants a grey photo of a piece of road railing with a barely visible cow behind it? Christ, the entitlement and detachment from reality. Those photos are complete shit. The alien one is the only kinda cool one.

Mads07
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mads07 »

This thread is pretty dead but how do you guys feel about all his recent cooking videos?

Honestly, I don’t mind them. He definitely thinks he’s hot shit with all the camerawork and everything but I guess that’s him. Cooking is something he’s clearly passionate about and it shows. He is definitely a lot more watchable on his own than when he is with Jenna on her channel.

I know this isn’t a rave thread but I do think his natural personality is a lot more tolerable than what we see with Jenna. The super hyper man-child on her channel (and sometimes his) seems like an act because it’s become his schtick, ya know?

Anyway, I like hearing yalls thoughts!

kiran1
Informer
Informer

Post by kiran1 »

I don't watch his channel, but I do feel like people should be less salty about the cooking thing. One of the huge complaints about him is that he just leeches off of Jenna. But now that he's doing his own thing people are mad about it lol. I'm all for more vegan cooking channels, because #govegan

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

part of me feels like he's just doing the cooking vids because his vlogs got very little views

Post by Guest »

applejuice wrote: part of me feels like he's just doing the cooking vids because his vlogs got very little views
This is the correct take.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

I hate seeing his smug face on trending. I hate his facial hair so much. I wonder if this food he's making is actually edible.

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

Mads07 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:12 am
This thread is pretty dead but how do you guys feel about all his recent cooking videos?

Honestly, I don’t mind them. He definitely thinks he’s hot shit with all the camerawork and everything but I guess that’s him. Cooking is something he’s clearly passionate about and it shows. He is definitely a lot more watchable on his own than when he is with Jenna on her channel.
I totally agree, I think his cooking videos are better than his boring vlogs, but he definitely needs to calm it down. Do you really need an expensive Japanese knife forged at the heart of a dying volcano or whatever and 18 camera angles to show you making some shitty cinnamon rolls? I don't think so :roll: .

goldengossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by goldengossiper »

Broodwich wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:45 am
I hate seeing his smug face on trending. I hate his facial hair so much. I wonder if this food he's making is actually edible.
It’s probably as edible as vegan AND gluten-free food can be. I’ve had a few celiac & vegan-friendly dishes, and like, it’s hard enough to make vegan substitutes taste like their animal-product counterparts. Throwing Celiac’s into that makes it pretty hard to make it taste decent without years of cooking/baking experience. This is just my opinion though, as someone who eats gluten and some animal products.

Also random, but I imagine if J&J were to kiss now, it’d be like the Michael and Oscar scene from The Office lmao xD That’s about as much chemistry as they seem to have.

meebee
Informer
Informer

Post by meebee »

Mads07 wrote:

I know this isn’t a rave thread but I do think his natural personality is a lot more tolerable than what we see with Jenna. The super hyper man-child on her channel (and sometimes his) seems like an act because it’s become his schtick, ya know?

Shit, if my kitchen looked like that I’d be in it cooking all the time, too.

But, yes, I much prefer this format. He’s just not a vlogger. I’m probably one of the few people here who actually loves Julien but his vlogs were very boring and VERY pretentious. I had to stop watching them. I also don’t like it when he goes into the shiny toy he just bought that’s gonna boost the quality of his vlogs. He does on and on about cameras and knives and shit. Who cares? You’re the only person who’s excited about this. Shhh. The camera angles and stuff is also pretty cringe. He’s still Aries Julien. But yes, love the cooking stuff and love Julien over all.

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

meebee wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:37 pm
Mads07 wrote:

Shit, if my kitchen looked like that I’d be in it cooking all the time, too.

But, yes, I much prefer this format. He’s just not a vlogger. I’m probably one of the few people here who actually loves Julien but his vlogs were very boring and VERY pretentious. I had to stop watching them. I also don’t like it when he goes into the shiny toy he just bought that’s gonna boost the quality of his vlogs. He does on and on about cameras and knives and shit. Who cares? You’re the only person who’s excited about this. Shhh. The camera angles and stuff is also pretty cringe. He’s still Aries Julien. But yes, love the cooking stuff and love Julien over all.
He also has something to contribute with cooking videos. With his vlogs it's just a constant stream of "ok I'm at home and now I'm in the kitchen and now I'm in the living room" accompanied by pretentious slow motion shots of the dogs. And while I'm not a vegan or a celiac, I do think it's interesting to see how he takes recipes and makes a version he can actually eat.

imjconcerned
Stalker
Stalker

Post by imjconcerned »

I literally just joined here to ask if anyone else thinks both of them look sick? and I wonder how much of it is a result of their diet. Julien especially. In the Lobster Roll video on the closeups his skin looks extremely patchy

his hair and Jenna's doesn't look to be in the best shape either and not just because of dying or lack of care. They both seem to lack energy as well.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

You're right he looks nasty. That moustache is not doing him any favors and wtf is up with the random chipped off guy polish.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

I honestly want to pin him down and shave that thing off his top lip.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

For the longest time I thought his nail polish was some kind of bruise or a fungal infection lmao 😂. It looks so bad. Is he trying to go for an eboy look or something?

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

Okay, as a mom that has had babies with jaundice, that was my first thought when I looked at him - his skin looks a sickly yellowish in that picture. I've never really payed attention to their lighting setup, could it just be warm toned lights? Either way he looks not great.

Mads07
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mads07 »

I think they both need to do some research on vitamins/supplements they might need. I know Jenna talked ages ago about getting a Vitamin D (?) pill that she only took once a week. I can imagine that the vegan + gluten free diet, when not done properly, could leave you with a lot of deficiencies. I actually need to do this research for myself so thank you J+J for the reminder lol

wildwild94
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wildwild94 »

Mads07 wrote:I think they both need to do some research on vitamins/supplements they might need. I know Jenna talked ages ago about getting a Vitamin D (?) pill that she only took once a week. I can imagine that the vegan + gluten free diet, when not done properly, could leave you with a lot of deficiencies. I actually need to do this research for myself so thank you J+J for the reminder lol

Yeah he looks really off in that pic I think it could be the lighting. I hope they’re taking their supplements though. I’ve been vegan for 10 years and my doctor calls my labs “spectacular”, it’s possible but everyone regardless of their diet should be careful they’re meeting all their needs!

Balyssa123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Balyssa123 »

I just listened to their newest podcast aand really noticed how much of an asshole julien is. He kept getting annoyed about her talking and being silly. It definitely made me kind of think he is controlling. Another video where I really didn’t like him was an older video about Kermit’s birthday.

Return to “JennaMarbles”