TheFightingSolo / Julien Solomita

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

TheFightingSolo / Julien Solomita

Post by ItsAndrew »

Since a few people had asked before and there wasn't one already I decided to create a thread on Julien.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFightingSolo

some1hing
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheFightingSolo / Julien Solomita

Post by some1hing »

Omg, Im glad you've started this thread. I'm usually not a YouTube personality hater, if I don't like somebody I just don't watch it, but he... he got me so angry in yesterdays video about a women showing up at their house.
So I have this rant about him.

First of all, let me just say, I LOVE Jenna, I really admire her, she is the real deal, super smart, super funny, she made some of the best YouTube videos ever been done all by herself, truly content creator and self made millionaire. Her future is bright, she can be the next late night talk show host or something, female Kimmel or whoever.

She is highly intelligent individual, and having said that I feel like stupidest decisions she ever made was to let Julien blog about their daily life every day.

He is leaching on her fame, unintentionally but nevertheless, he does. He is exposing way to much of their private lives, which is stupid, it's not safe for her, and finally it gets her over-exposed. Jenna, before his blogs was this mysterious comedian/youtube personality with this mystery aura around her, she understood the balance of putting comedy videos and putting blog videos about her on her blog channel, it was this fine balance where you were intrigued but never over-saturated with her personal life, and all those mundane stuff people do every day.

And then this guy comes, with his puppy eyes, points his "vloggie" at him self :"Hey guys, I just took a shower", "Hey guys, I just went grocery shopping", "Hey guys, my dog just barked", "Hey guys I just made some snacks", "Hey guys, Jenna just did this, Peach just did that", or whatever. Hes vlogs are pointless, vain, empty and boring, nothing is happening no substance, jokes and pranks he makes are awkward and are not genuine. It's like he doesn't live his life, he creates and re-creates scenes to put in a vlog.

I don't mind when real content creators (beauty gurus, gamers who play games or other kind of content creator) start 2nd channel blogging about their lives, even if they are boring, they have all rights to capitalize what they did making millions of subscribers with a content they created, but he.... He got all his subs thanks to Jenna, that's why I said hes leaching on her.

I know that she loves her and he is a nice guy, but the irony is that he's using her and overexposing her, unintentionally, even though he means well to her and wouldn't hurt her intentionally. You know what they say, road to hell is paved with good intentions. Jenna Marbles as a brand with future in entertainment industry shouldn't over saturated the media that created her, she should hire an Hollywood career adviser/manager or whatever is called to maintain her brand and advise her about not vlogging every time they had lunch or burp or whatever.

I mean, we get it, it is quite addicting for him to get this kind of fame and love he gets from his fans, but he just need to realize how to to tone it down, put a substantial vlog with a content maybe once in every 10 days or so, and thing more about Jenna's brand in the long run.

Sorry about this, I just had to rant, since there is none negative comment on his videos, am I the only one feeling this way ?

prettyglass
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prettyglass »

Has he always been such a heavy breather or is that a recent development?! Maybe I've just been watching too many of his videos.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

He's kind of boring...maybe it's just me.
That Girl!

phantasia
Debater
Debater

Post by phantasia »

some1hing wrote:I know that she loves her and he is a nice guy, but the irony is that he's using her and overexposing her, unintentionally, even though he means well to her and wouldn't hurt her intentionally. You know what they say, road to hell is paved with good intentions. Jenna Marbles as a brand with future in entertainment industry shouldn't over saturated the media that created her, she should hire an Hollywood career adviser/manager or whatever is called to maintain her brand and advise her about not vlogging every time they had lunch or burp or whatever.
You raised a good point about her future media career being affected by oversaturation. I never considered how constantly breaking the 4th wall might affect her for future projects.
I doubt it's the first time Jenna has had an overeager fan figure out where she lives before, but I do worry about security issues since Julien started daily vlogging and this kind of confirmed them. I wonder if this will affect how often she appears in vlogs?

That being said, I like his personality and am not bored of him yet. I do cringe a bit at some his content (like him trying to rap in the making of video...) but I forget he's what, 22? He has plenty of time to see where the youtube thing takes him.
Also enjoying watching his coffee addiction spiral. :rofl:

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

i watched some of their podcasts and they have some really interesting conversations.
but as i already said in jenna's thread : idk about julien.. sometimes i like him, sometimes i don't.
i feel like the woman with her kids in front of their doors was also kind of his fault.. and jenna's. i'm sure if you check in the corners of google (maybe you don't even have to go that far) you can find out where they live. they also talked about the area they live in in one of the podcasts. a comment on the vlog said they should be careful because you can easily find out what the inside of their house looks like and what they own. sometimes they go on trips and someone could just break into their house. i really love jenna - and although julien is annoying sometimes - i hope nothing bad is happening to them or their house. julien, and many other youtubers, said that jenna is a really nice person and can't say 'no'. i hope the appearance of that lady and her kids taught them to be a bit more careful. he seemed to be really shocked and pissed when he talked about it, and also mentioned that jenna was shaking. that's really not a fun situation at all.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

MsmatchedSockPuppets wrote:
Alcana wrote:i watched some of their podcasts and they have some really interesting conversations.
but as i already said in jenna's thread : idk about julien.. sometimes i like him, sometimes i don't.
i feel like the woman with her kids in front of their doors was also kind of his fault.. and jenna's. i'm sure if you check in the corners of google (maybe you don't even have to go that far) you can find out where they live. they also talked about the area they live in in one of the podcasts. a comment on the vlog said they should be careful because you can easily find out what the inside of their house looks like and what they own. sometimes they go on trips and someone could just break into their house. i really love jenna - and although julien is annoying sometimes - i hope nothing bad is happening to them or their house. julien, and many other youtubers, said that jenna is a really nice person and can't say 'no'. i hope the appearance of that lady and her kids taught them to be a bit more careful. he seemed to be really shocked and pissed when he talked about it, and also mentioned that jenna was shaking. that's really not a fun situation at all.
I am not familiar with what happened with the woman and children. Anyone able to fill me in?
A mother and her daughter found Jenna and Julien's address and went to their house to meet Jenna and get an autograph/picture. The woman said that if it were Julien's kids he would have done the same thing.

SpeedFreak
Learner
Learner

Post by SpeedFreak »

I think he's a douche bag. I don't see what Jenna sees in him, honestly. I was watching his vlogs because I like Jenna and I made a comment on a video and he was really rude back, so I haven't watched him since. His vlogging "style" bothered me, I don't know if it has improved but he never showed what he was doing, he'd be like "he guys I just got done doing this, now I'm gonna go do this" just telling the camera, not showing much. It was annoying, but I did find JoshuaDtv because of him, I like him. I don't see how/why they're friends though. They seem nothing alike but I think Juliens just hungry for some youtube fame.

Judas
Talker
Talker

Post by Judas »

I think he is majorly dull and kinda dumb. I used to hate watch his vlogs but don't even bother anymore, he is so vapid. Him constantly coming up with new merch, catch phrases, "songs", and dumb stuff like that is so cringy. It is like, holy shit dude, slow down.

Him making a second channel too was laugh out loud worthy. Maybe I'll start watching his vlogs again if they ever move. (And if he would stop saying So *QUICK JUMP EDIT* Hey guys *JUMP EDIT*) They said they wanted to move to Austin before but who knows, they are such flakes.

_Eliza_
Learner
Learner

Post by _Eliza_ »

I really like Julien, but I feel like there is a lot of undisclosed sponsoring going on and that really bugs me. Those weight lifting tapes for example and some more things. Why is it so hard to put one line like "thanks to XYZ for sending me the tapes" in the description bar?
Please excuse any mistakes as English is my second language

meowattack
Learner
Learner

Post by meowattack »

Whoa, I totally didn't expect to come here and see only negative things about him. I really enjoy his content and him as a person! I think he seems really sweet and genuine and he's always doing really lovely stuff for Jenna. I think they're really good for each other and I like seeing them joke around together and be super weird. I also enjoy getting to see more of Jenna.

I guess it just comes down to personal opinion. One of you guys brought up that you liked JoshuaDTV, who I can't seem to get into at all, so I guess it just goes to show that everyone perceives people differently.

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

His speech jammer challenge was hilarious!
And I really like his longer hair, it suits him much better than the short hair (when he first got introduced on jenna's channel his hair was super short)
At the moment he's growing on me again. I love Jenna's videos with him. Just seeing her having fun and laughing makes me laugh too :) (the conjoined twin challenge)

Lady_Si
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Si »

_Eliza_ wrote:I really like Julien, but I feel like there is a lot of undisclosed sponsoring going on and that really bugs me. Those weight lifting tapes for example and some more things. Why is it so hard to put one line like "thanks to XYZ for sending me the tapes" in the description bar?
He is 100% honest with sponsorship (NatureBox, RockTape), but he got sponsored like twice and it bugs you? What about beauty gurus who make living out of it?
Long time lurker, but newly subsrcibed.
English is not my first language, so I´m sorry for any future mistakes in grammar :)

Lady_Si
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Si »

meowattack wrote:Whoa, I totally didn't expect to come here and see only negative things about him. I really enjoy his content and him as a person! I think he seems really sweet and genuine and he's always doing really lovely stuff for Jenna. I think they're really good for each other and I like seeing them joke around together and be super weird. I also enjoy getting to see more of Jenna.

I guess it just comes down to personal opinion. One of you guys brought up that you liked JoshuaDTV, who I can't seem to get into at all, so I guess it just goes to show that everyone perceives people differently.
I agree with you, I really like him. I don´t understand why he´s getting so much hate here, every girl wants a guy like him - he loves Jenna, his behavior towards her is amazing, he´s helping her, supports he, is proud of her and doesn´t hide it, what the fuck do you want more from a guy you live with?
Long time lurker, but newly subsrcibed.
English is not my first language, so I´m sorry for any future mistakes in grammar :)

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Lady_Si wrote:
_Eliza_ wrote:I really like Julien, but I feel like there is a lot of undisclosed sponsoring going on and that really bugs me. Those weight lifting tapes for example and some more things. Why is it so hard to put one line like "thanks to XYZ for sending me the tapes" in the description bar?
He is 100% honest with sponsorship (NatureBox, RockTape), but he got sponsored like twice and it bugs you? What about beauty gurus who make living out of it?
at one point every youtuber is having at least one sponsored video. as long as he's not selling his soul to make money i'm okey with it.

SponsorshipPolice
Talker
Talker

Post by SponsorshipPolice »

Couple things - first, I watch The podcast regularly, and I agree with another poster who said that they (mostly) get into some interesting, if not all that deep or meaningful conversation. However - if you watch the podcast they shot while they were in the process of moving a few months back, you got an interesting look into a side of Julian that I found very interesting. He was snippy, angry, and spiteful - not just about the whole stress of moving, but let that mood affect how he treated Jenna - on frickin camera! I always find it telling how someone handles themselves when they're under stress, because that's when the self they'd like to hide from the world comes through. If Ya'll need some other evidence, watch his video where he reads insulting comments, because it's a completely unfunny bitch fest where he sits there getting pissed off. Now, is this complete evidence that he is an asshole behind the scenes, no - but it does show that he lets himself treat others badly when he is under stress. If I remember correctly, Jenna actually did stand up for herself and called him out a little bit, and I think that's a testimony to the fact that she is older and more mature. I dunno, sometimes I think he's okay and then other times I picture him as a total twat that's nice to Jenna for the views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmk808
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cmk808 »

I think he and Jenna are adorable together and they clearly love each other, but I am really tired of him. I was subbed to his personal channel for a while but I realized that he's just not that interesting to me. There's only so many times I can watch the same little inside jokes which aren't that funny to begin with. And I got so much second-hand embarrassment from that music video. I don't think he's talented, and being with Jenna is all he's got going for him.

Elucidite
Talker
Talker

Post by Elucidite »

cmk808 wrote:I think he and Jenna are adorable together and they clearly love each other, but I am really tired of him. I was subbed to his personal channel for a while but I realized that he's just not that interesting to me. There's only so many times I can watch the same little inside jokes which aren't that funny to begin with. And I got so much second-hand embarrassment from that music video. I don't think he's talented, and being with Jenna is all he's got going for him.
I pretty much agree with you. I love them together, but he gets old after a while. I'm still subbed, but I'm about 10 vlogs behind at the moment because I just don't ever want to watch them. I did adore the vlog where he waited to open his Apple watch with her, that was so sweet.

As for his music video...at first I thought it was the most asinine thing I had ever seen, but a week later I found myself wanting to go watch it again and I happily hummed the song to myself the rest of the day. Plus, I find his body type (not his head!) to be very attractive, so I enjoyed the full body shots in the video.

Judas
Talker
Talker

Post by Judas »

He is making another channel! Talk about spreading yourself thin. I wonder if he will not upload on it like his second channel. Boy is hungry for that youtube fame and money.

His second channel was not even needed. Why not just upload those kind of videos on the weekend so it doesn't clutter his daily vlogs during the weekdays? Most youtube channels have different kind of videos once a week or so.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I'm starting to dislike him.
He better hope he doesn't break up with Jenna, his fame might plunge to the depths of satan's anus...

Return to “JennaMarbles”