Alli ♪ "All about that Chase, No Schedule" ♪ Speed part 8

sweetmusic
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Alli ♪ "All about that Chase, No Schedule" ♪ Speed part

Post by sweetmusic »

sweetmusic wrote:Hey all. I'm currently at VidCon, was able to meet Alli, Chase and Justin (among others). Didn't bring my laptop this trip, and typing from my phone is a hell of a task lol. Expect some recaps and observations come Monday when I return home!
Sooooo it's definitely not Monday anymore. My bad :? Posted something similar in Charles' thread, as I met him, Allie and Danny. Take a look there if you want my rambling recap. Anyways, here's my rambling recap of meeting Alli, Chase and Justin, as well as attending a panel of hers.

On the first day of Vidcon, Alli and Justin had a live gaming thing going on where they played Mario Kart with viewers (as seen on Alli's vlogs). Sat in the front row and had some funny interactions with Alli while she was commentating. It was mostly Justin playing with viewers/fans, which I thought Alli and Justin would compete with each other (they did once), or Alli would compete with her viewers. Even Justin kept telling Alli to switch with him, saying "wouldn't you guys rather play with her than me?" I felt the same way, among others, but didn't really mind since it was cool to be in her presence. It was fun to hear her commentary and see how nerdishly good Justin is at Mario Kart (I know nerdishly isn't a word lol).

Afterwards, Alli had a mini meet-up that moved outside of the convention center, since security kicks everyone out promptly at 6 PM. Before it moved outside, I had a chance to chat with Justin and Chase. Justin low key invited me to a Mario Kart playing party haha (didn't happen though, but would have been neat). He's cute in a kinda nerdy way, very friendly and pretty expressive in the way he talks, much like his sister. When meeting Chase, he was more talkative than I thought! He was happy to be accompanying Alli, and was overwhelmed since it was his first ever YouTube event. Didn't realize how massive it was, and the fact that people recognize him now. He mentioned something about having people wave to him and Alli, and he keeps walking while Alli acknowledges them/stops to say hello, and had to get used to that real fast :D AND OH MY GOODNESS he showed me his phone lock screen, which is the most adorable thing ever...it was of Alli sleeping in bed, with her arm curled around Nuna who was looking at the camera. SO PRECIOUS <3 Apparently Nuna and Chico have very similar personalities, and Chase has grown very fond of Chico, as Alli did with Nuna.

Went outside where Alli's mini meet-up continued. Alli gave me a HUGE hug and looked genuinely happy when I told her that I had been watching her for years, and still love her videos to this day. We talked about hair (I know, super cool), how I loved her naturally curly hair, and how mine looks similar to hers. I straightened my hair that day, but she grabbed a chunk of my hair and said "I want this" lol. She's definitely the kind of person I can see myself being friends with in real life, compared to other YTers I watch. I feel like we have a similar personality, similar interests, and only a few years apart in age. Really genuine too, as seen in her latest vlog thanking everyone who helped make VidCon happen. Love me some Alli!

Kevin and Datev were around as well, but didn't say hi since I don't watch their vlogs. Datev is GORGEOUS in person, as we can see in her videos. Pretty, pretty girl. And then there's Kevin... :roll:

The second day, I went to the Expanding Beyond Your Vertical panel with Alli, Benny Fine, Olga Kay, Toby Turner and Rory Haines as moderator. And holy crap, Benny Fine is a YouTube genius. He is SO smart and knowledgable of how YouTube works, and it's impressive. All the panelists (and people who attended) looked genuinely intrigued when Benny was spitting out facts and stuff. Lots of respect for the guy, he's so so so smart. Anyways, Benny mentioned something about how viewership depends on consistency and timeliness on your uploads...something Alli obviously doesn't follow. If you tell a viewer you upload every Wednesday, they will look for your video on Wednesday. If it's late, the "hardcore" fans will still watch it, but a casual viewer will either watch it, or ditch the channel. He explained more about the "mechanics" behind how it works. Even uploading two videos in a day, people will likely only watch the first one due to how YouTube's website works (don't remember by detail, it was really elaborate).

Alli made a few "oops I'm guilty" faces while Benny explained all of this. She later chimed in, mentioning that she admittedly fails at keeping a consistent schedule and noticed comments going from positive ones to "where's a new video" ones. She also admitted to feeling as if her videos lack significant content, especially when she's not traveling. Paraphrasing, "Do people really care what I do at home with my dog/what's in my bag/favorites of the month?" I agree that those kinds of videos are extremely common on YouTube, as her travel videos are what sets her apart from others to me. However, I've been a fan of her when I began watching CTFxC so I don't mind her "boring", at home videos.

Exponentially better panel than the "Art of Vlogging" with Charles, Shay, Justine and Jesse and Jeana...that one was a joke and a waste of time, IMO.

There's some other things that happened at VidCon, but I can't remember them at the moment. I'll post later when I remember! Thanks for waiting and reading this long, jumbled post of my thoughts. More to come when I remember!

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by han_han »

^ aw Alli and her gang were all lovely then! Not that I thought they wouldn't be haha. Glad you had such a great experience with them!

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

Thanks so much for giving us a rundown of your experiences. It sounds like Alli is just as lovely in person as she is online. I hope she'll realize, YES - I do want to see you and your dog doing random things. Everything doesn't have to be about her travels. I simply love her energy! <3

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

Most of Alli's fans are from the CTFxC, & we LOVED her footage when all she did was vlog with her 3ds, swim, play with the dogs, etc. That wouldn't change now.
:horny: :halo:

WhisperingM

Post by WhisperingM »

My secret hope is that she is getting her masters in English or something "behind the scenes" and she is not just sitting around playing video games all the time. It's nothing against her, it's just a waste of talent if she stops vlogging AND stops doing much else. However, that being said she is not obliged to film anything at all, and I totally don't care if she says "I'm not vlogging now that Chase is here because this is my vacation."
But either that or I would really love if she started bringing her brand of drunk gaming to the next level.
She could do sooooo many cool things if she had a serious plan for it.
Also, I understand she just may be over working 24/7 on your business, but she would be the best "President/director" ever, because that's where her creativity comes in.
Sorry if this is OT, just thought I would add my .02

Sunny38
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sunny38 »

Idestroyedyourlife wrote:
tekkie38115 wrote:She just said in the comments that she is going to Playlist D.C.
That's Great! She's not listed as a guest on their website but you know who is?...Allie :roll: She's doesn't even qualify as a YouTuber. She's just Charles girlfriend, Nothing more.
Allie has been in the CTFxC vlogs for over a year now, how many years does it take to qualify as a youtuber ?

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

Sunny38 wrote:
Idestroyedyourlife wrote:
tekkie38115 wrote:She just said in the comments that she is going to Playlist D.C.
That's Great! She's not listed as a guest on their website but you know who is?...Allie :roll: She's doesn't even qualify as a YouTuber. She's just Charles girlfriend, Nothing more.
Allie has been in the CTFxC vlogs for over a year now, how many years does it take to qualify as a youtuber ?
Here's the thing, Allie is IN the vlogs, but it doesn't seem like she has anything to do with editing and uploading content. She isn't a creator. Alli is a creator. She vlogs herself, she makes "favorites" videos, drunk gaming as well as her travel vlogs. From my understanding Alli is independent and self directed in her content. Allie has a camera that Charles gave her and she occasionally films herself or Charles. Charles is by far the main content creator for the channel, Allie W. is there by association.

Just my take on it.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

I hate people pitting Alli vs. Allie on these threads, Allie's probably listed and not Alli because Allie or Charles RSVPed and Alli may not have. She might've not known until just now that she would be able to attend. They probably send out invites to every youtuber they want, ask for who will be attending and the professional photo they want shown on the website to advertise their attendance, and go from there.

Even if Alli never did drunk gaming - say if it were just any average youtube couple where one person does the majority of shooting and editing - like say Jeana and Jesse, I still consider both of them youtubers no matter who edits videos or who has a second channel.

Sunny38
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sunny38 »

Evolve wrote:I hate people pitting Alli vs. Allie on these threads, Allie's probably listed and not Alli because Allie or Charles RSVPed and Alli may not have. She might've not known until just now that she would be able to attend. They probably send out invites to every youtuber they want, ask for who will be attending and the professional photo they want shown on the website to advertise their attendance, and go from there.

Even if Alli never did drunk gaming - say if it were just any average youtube couple where one person does the majority of shooting and editing - like say Jeana and Jesse, I still consider both of them youtubers no matter who edits videos or who has a second channel.
Agree with you, and Allie has started to film more and more on her own for the vlogs, I know Charles is the main source for vlog footage but Allie is a big part of the vlogs now also.

Bugman22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bugman22 »

sweetmusic wrote:
sweetmusic wrote:Hey all. I'm currently at VidCon, was able to meet Alli, Chase and Justin (among others). Didn't bring my laptop this trip, and typing from my phone is a hell of a task lol. Expect some recaps and observations come Monday when I return home!

She also admitted to feeling as if her videos lack significant content, especially when she's not traveling. Paraphrasing, "Do people really care what I do at home with my dog/what's in my bag/favorites of the month?" I agree that those kinds of videos are extremely common on YouTube, as her travel videos are what sets her apart from others to me. However, I've been a fan of her when I began watching CTFxC so I don't mind her "boring", at home videos.
Yeah I think people care because that's what we have grown to enjoy about her. But I will admit her not sticking to a schedule does slowly keep me less interested in watching videos. Sometimes I wouldn't watch for a few weeks then binge watch like 3 vlogs just cuz I know there may not be one up.
She just needs to find a new type of series or whatever if she wants to be more than a daily vlogger. I know it's easier said then done. But I think if she were to do show like Good mythical morning, with Justin I think that definitely would be interesting. I think a show like that could definitely work for her. I mean. They wouldn't have to vlog all day. They can touch on any subject Per episode, so finding new themes for episodes wouldn't be too hard. Plus they can maybe save their livers from doing too many drunk gaming ahah. GMM type show with Alli and Justin I definitely think can work. What do yall think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tekkie38115
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tekkie38115 »

[tweet][/tweet]

Looks like we are back where we started from. It seems like she's not really excited about being on youtube more actively. No complaints I guess I was however looking forward to her being on more. Hope at least one of the videos is a vlog each week.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

It's almost time for a new thread sooooo, it's like we can kind of just keep the title the same (just Part 9), right? ;)

tekkie38115
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tekkie38115 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Video is up!

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

Alli replied to me again hehe I've been late to her videos lately (always leave a comment though) so it's nice to get a reply again. She's really good at keeping up with her community - which I think is why it really feels like a little family over other YouTuber's communities.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

handmadedolly wrote:Alli replied to me again hehe I've been late to her videos lately (always leave a comment though) so it's nice to get a reply again. She's really good at keeping up with her community - which I think is why it really feels like a little family over other YouTuber's communities.
She replied to me too. It's silly how much it makes me happy to see a reply from her.
.......meow.......

galaxy_stars
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by galaxy_stars »

Sunny38 wrote:
Evolve wrote:I hate people pitting Alli vs. Allie on these threads, Allie's probably listed and not Alli because Allie or Charles RSVPed and Alli may not have. She might've not known until just now that she would be able to attend. They probably send out invites to every youtuber they want, ask for who will be attending and the professional photo they want shown on the website to advertise their attendance, and go from there.

Agree with you, and Allie has started to film more and more on her own for the vlogs, I know Charles is the main source for vlog footage but Allie is a big part of the vlogs now also.
Sunny - we finally agree on something non-ladiedottie related, haha! I agree, I feel pretty bad for judging Allie early on. She seems pretty sincere. It sucks people compare Alli vs Allie when they're all clearly over it.. at least I think?

Bea326

Post by Bea326 »

I just want to point out that I am 90% sure that Alli's gonna miss her schedule again tomorrow. I don't want to censor anybody's opinion on the matter, but you know, you have been warned. We've been through this cicle wayy too many times

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

Looks like there WILL be a video!

[tweet][/tweet]

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

Alli is sticking to her schedule... you guys, go fill out a lottery ticket!

tekkie38115
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tekkie38115 »

[tweet][/tweet]
Woo hoo! It is now confirmed that she is going to Playlist Live DC! Also on the guests page it is hilarious that she is right next to Allie Wess with that pose! It almost looks like a cat fight that Alli speed is winning! :rofl:

Return to “Alli Speed & Associated”