Simming Community

hustlecat
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Simming Community

Post by hustlecat »

What have you heard about WMS? I love her stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsamekayland
Lurker
Lurker

Post by itsamekayland »

That's the thing, idk for sure. I came across a tumblr that was basically a simblr, just with knowledge of problematic simmers. Regardless of the platform.

Also, idk how y'all feel but I love the new stuff pack. I lowkey feel like a couple ea game changers are only disappointed because it didn't turn out exactly as they voted.

okaycool1
Stalker
Stalker

Post by okaycool1 »

SO the first episode of sims spark'd came out on Buzzfeed multiplayer yesterday. has anyone watched it?? it made me feel so uncomfy, seriously when did sims 4 become a reality tv show :(

colorsblend
Lurker
Lurker

Post by colorsblend »

I could barely make it through 10 minutes of Sims Spark'd before I turned it off. It was giving me second hand embarrassment. That plus giving them 90 minutes to make Sims, a house and a story? Yikes.

Also, I really really don't like The English Simmer. Just something about her!

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

Sims Spark'd is pretty much just the standard EA cringe. None of them were given realistic timeframes for the challenges, and it's edited in a way that shoehorns in drama for no reason, which feels very manufactured and fake. All the contestants are influencers we already know and a lot of us watch regularly and see them hanging out with each other so all the drama is not really believable. Maybe if it was randoms it wouldn't be so weird.

Also seeing the simguru judge constantly shitting on the contestants for their storytelling speaks volumes about how tone deaf the devs are about their own game. It's just not possible to create a compelling story without mods because the game they made is so shallow!

Also I've never watched xmiramira but I see them giving her the angry/difficult black woman edit :roll:

itsamekayland
Lurker
Lurker

Post by itsamekayland »

"Little Simzee" 🤦🏽‍♀️

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

itsamekayland wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:15 pm
"Little Simzee" 🤦🏽‍♀️
The fact that all my cowplants are gonna have that default name makes me a Little Barfee :?

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

okaycool1 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:20 am
SO the first episode of sims spark'd came out on Buzzfeed multiplayer yesterday. has anyone watched it?? it made me feel so uncomfy, seriously when did sims 4 become a reality tv show :(
I feel like they have been trying to promote the Sims 4 a lot more lately or maybe it's just been popping up more on my radar. I must say it's odd to see, there's a lot of issues with the game that have been getting voiced louder and louder and no one is really fixing them; the pricing model or the general way they sell packs is also just lacking and not accessible to most people and the lack of a solid base game means that even if new people get into the game they might just be put off by how bland it is and the prices of the expansions/stuff packs.

It's an overall mess and it seems like they're not really going to fix any of these issues which have been getting voiced for years.

shooksimmer
Learner
Learner

Post by shooksimmer »

Deli's new video about building with PMS was really cringy for me. Most of her reactions felt very forced and exaggerated and it wasn't really entertaining. Also she complained about the knitting pack but then goes and praises it later in the video.

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

colorsblend wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:54 pm
I could barely make it through 10 minutes of Sims Spark'd before I turned it off. It was giving me second hand embarrassment. That plus giving them 90 minutes to make Sims, a house and a story? Yikes.

Also, I really really don't like The English Simmer. Just something about her!

OMG YES. That "show" was absolutely horrific. It was uncomfortable to begin with, but when they were standing in front of everyone and "narrating" their story and basically just playing the game in real time was SO awkward. I definitely felt the secondhand embarrassment as well.

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

Does anybody on here watch Twitch streams? Is there a streamer thread? A twitch streamer who streams the Sims sometimes ROYALY pissed me off last week and I really need to vent about it. What makes it worse is they are known for being "welcoming and accepting" and a "safe community" and I felt so attacked by them and people in their chat.

hustlecat
Talker
Talker

Post by hustlecat »

cupcakecutie3 wrote:Does anybody on here watch Twitch streams? Is there a streamer thread? A twitch streamer who streams the Sims sometimes ROYALY pissed me off last week and I really need to vent about it. What makes it worse is they are known for being "welcoming and accepting" and a "safe community" and I felt so attacked by them and people in their chat.
Streams get discussed here too. Vent away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

Does anybody here watch frankthepegasus? It sucks because I enjoy her streams (for the most part) and her discord is awesome for helping me out with AC and the Sims. But she legit CALLED ME OUT and was bad talking me and my family the other day. Somehow on one of her streams defunding the police came up and ACB or all cops are bad. And I innocently said that my brother is a police officer and that he's a good person and just because there are bad cops out there doesn't mean they all are. And she went OFF on me saying yes they are. And she literally said "I think your brother is a bad person. And if you and your family support him you are bad people. And if he was a good cop he would quit." Like WTF. I said that he has a wife, kids, and mortgage and has been trying to find a new career for years but its not that simple to just up and quit. Like people have bills and responsibilities. I understand the defunding the police stuff, but to up and call someone a BAD PERSON just because of their choice of career is messed up. Am I over reacting? Because to me for someone being so "open and welcoming" I felt super attacked and judged.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

cupcakecutie3 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:30 pm
Does anybody here watch frankthepegasus? It sucks because I enjoy her streams (for the most part) and her discord is awesome for helping me out with AC and the Sims. But she legit CALLED ME OUT and was bad talking me and my family the other day. Somehow on one of her streams defunding the police came up and ACB or all cops are bad. And I innocently said that my brother is a police officer and that he's a good person and just because there are bad cops out there doesn't mean they all are. And she went OFF on me saying yes they are. And she literally said "I think your brother is a bad person. And if you and your family support him you are bad people. And if he was a good cop he would quit." Like WTF. I said that he has a wife, kids, and mortgage and has been trying to find a new career for years but its not that simple to just up and quit. Like people have bills and responsibilities. I understand the defunding the police stuff, but to up and call someone a BAD PERSON just because of their choice of career is messed up. Am I over reacting? Because to me for someone being so "open and welcoming" I felt super attacked and judged.
I feel like this is the weirdest place to discuss this but...

While I understand that "not all cops" are bad people, you giving an anecdote to counter a major systemic issue was not the best move. Your brother maybe a good person, but he decided join an organization that continues to uphold white supremacy in the United States. Not sure if he's aware of that, but if he is, then that could be something to consider. I don't believe all cops are bad or all military personnel are bad either. From personal experience, I know many people in the military etc. enter such jobs because they have bills and family to care for, without having any education or awareness of what they're really getting into.

As for the streamer, they shouldn't have attacked you and your family. That was incredibly shitty. If they had no way of actually discussing the issues sans personal attacks, they should have just dropped the subject. So I don't think you overreacted when attacked, but when people, especially Black people and POC, make such statements like "fuck the cops", "white people are racists", and "I can't stand white folks", etc. try to understand it's a counterattack that derives from a place of hurt and a build up of justifiable anger regarding an entire system constructed by powerful white people who have committed atrocities toward them for centuries.

Not sure if you want to stick around in that streamer's community or not, but if you do, perhaps try to make amends?

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

So what does everyone think of the Game Changers coming out and talking about skintones? I appreciate they are using their voice to speak up but also irks me because this has been an issue since the game first came out. :/

itsamekayland
Lurker
Lurker

Post by itsamekayland »

okay-sis wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:07 am
So what does everyone think of the Game Changers coming out and talking about skintones? I appreciate they are using their voice to speak up but also irks me because this has been an issue since the game first came out. :/
It honestly rubs me the wrong way. Black simblrs who also happen to be game changers have been begging for a change. No one listened. Savvysweet has a post that explains everything and honestly that re-lit a fire in me. "We have to talk about skintones" oh NOW we have to talk about skintones? The game was released in 2014. The brown population been knew. We've been waiting on skintones. We've been waiting on textured hair too. But now that it's popular to be "woke", white creators "speak up". You speak up now..? After ignoring your fellow black game changers?

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

I'm honestly surprised they haven't actively tried to "push" someone black into their spotlight to talk about this. By push I mean help someone through collaborations or interacting with them.

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

my_gripes wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:23 pm
cupcakecutie3 wrote:

While I understand that "not all cops" are bad people, you giving an anecdote to counter a major systemic issue was not the best move. Your brother maybe a good person, but he decided join an organization that continues to uphold white supremacy in the United States. Not sure if he's aware of that, but if he is, then that could be something to consider. I don't believe all cops are bad or all military personnel are bad either. From personal experience, I know many people in the military etc. enter such jobs because they have bills and family to care for, without having any education or awareness of what they're really getting into.

As for the streamer, they shouldn't have attacked you and your family. That was incredibly shitty. If they had no way of actually discussing the issues sans personal attacks, they should have just dropped the subject. So I don't think you overreacted when attacked, but when people, especially Black people and POC, make such statements like "fuck the cops", "white people are racists", and "I can't stand white folks", etc. try to understand it's a counterattack that derives from a place of hurt and a build up of justifiable anger regarding an entire system constructed by powerful white people who have committed atrocities toward them for centuries.

Not sure if you want to stick around in that streamer's community or not, but if you do, perhaps try to make amends?
Believe me, I understand where people are coming from. He is trying to get out because he doesn’t like it but it’s not that simple when you have a family and mortgage. He wanted to be a police officer ever since he was a kid and shortly after he joined reality set in and no matter what city/county he worked for he never found a place he felt comfortable. But for her to straight up say he was a bad person because of his career choice was messed up to me. And she was ADAMANT that he was a bad person. To me saying all cops are bad is fighting fire with fire. People join religions because they like it and sometimes find the dark side of it and leave. But that doesn’t mean they are a bad person because they liked it to begin with.

I know this isn’t the place for that discussion and I don’t feel the need to argue over it really but I just felt DISGUSTED by a sims streamer who is “accepting of all” to basically call me and my family bad people for the career choice my brother made. He joined because he likes helping people get out of dangerous situations like domestic violence and protect them and to try to offer help to those who have drug/alcohol/homelessness problems. Like honestly he’s a better person than her because he actually helps people instead of just playing video games and acting “accepting.” I get it that everyone has their own opinion but to say someone is a bad person when he literally hasn’t done a wrong thing in his life is messed up.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

cupcakecutie3 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:17 pm
my_gripes wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:23 pm
cupcakecutie3 wrote:

Believe me, I understand where people are coming from. He is trying to get out because he doesn’t like it but it’s not that simple when you have a family and mortgage. He wanted to be a police officer ever since he was a kid and shortly after he joined reality set in and no matter what city/county he worked for he never found a place he felt comfortable. But for her to straight up say he was a bad person because of his career choice was messed up to me. And she was ADAMANT that he was a bad person. To me saying all cops are bad is fighting fire with fire. People join religions because they like it and sometimes find the dark side of it and leave. But that doesn’t mean they are a bad person because they liked it to begin with.

I know this isn’t the place for that discussion and I don’t feel the need to argue over it really but I just felt DISGUSTED by a sims streamer who is “accepting of all” to basically call me and my family bad people for the career choice my brother made. He joined because he likes helping people get out of dangerous situations like domestic violence and protect them and to try to offer help to those who have drug/alcohol/homelessness problems. Like honestly he’s a better person than her because he actually helps people instead of just playing video games and acting “accepting.” I get it that everyone has their own opinion but to say someone is a bad person when he literally hasn’t done a wrong thing in his life is messed up.
And this should be the only reason why anyone would join law enforcement because that's what such jobs should be for. I'm sorry your brother has to do more time in a job he doesn't feel good about, but hopefully he'll find something better soon enough and can help people in other ways. And sorry you were attacked. Some people only see in black and white and without nuance to a situation.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

okay-sis wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:07 am
White people are just now realizing things in 2020, apparently. :roll:

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”