First period stories!

leni
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: First period stories!

Post by leni »

I got mine when I was 11 and still in primary school. I had cramps before I knew what was happening and I spent the lunch break curled up on the school oval with my friends because I was in so much pain, but I had no idea it was cramps! I was wearing dark navy school pants so I'm not even sure if I leaked or not, but I only discovered what it really was later that afternoon while my mum, brother and I were having dinner at McDonald's. I went to the toilet and saw my underwear covered in blood, walked out to mum and whispered "I have my period" and she hugged me, took me home and showed me everything I'd have to use :P Within two days I'd used tampon for the first time, and they were regular from the get-go. I've only ever skipped it once or twice.

My best friend got her period for the first time while she was staying at my house. I told my mum and she started clapping and congratulating my poor mortified friend, it wasn't funny at the time but it is now :D

Cat
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Cat »

I was 8 /9. It was during our 3rd grade class trip to the Philadelphia Zoo. There was some moisture between my legs, but I thought it was just sweat. After lunch I went to the bathroom to change into my extra pair of shorts when I noticed the blood. I already knew about periods so it didn't freak me out, but I was a bit queasy. There wasn't a lot but enough to leak through.
Fortunately my bestfriend's mom(Erin) was our group's chaperon and she had pads in her purse. Since I couldn't change underwear Erin told me to put a pad on the inside and outside of my underwear. I had the most uncomfortable vagina wedgie :(

My mom was excited then she cried, then she called my grandma who cried. She wanted to tell everyone. I'm glad Facebook wasn't around then. Could you imagine looking back on your mother's status update: "Our little woman just bled for the first time!" That's how she greeted my dad when he arrived home from work btw. I just know she would get excited and do something like that.

JbMaun
Talker
Talker

Post by JbMaun »

oh, I remember this one haha

I was in grade 7, and was 12... I was at my church youth group that I used to go to once a week, and this one guy I had a huge crush on was paying tons of attention to me, and everyone was all "he's going to ask you out!" (oh, I miss these days hahaha)

so I was all excited, and just as we were about to do a 45 minute mass service, I went to the washroom, and discovered I had my period. I was so mortified; not that it was you know, my period, but because this guy was SOMEHOW going to know.
I wadded up some tissue in my underwear instead of telling someone, and went on with what I was doing.
I sort of...leaked everywhere, and had to leave early. I was so embarrassed that I never went to youth group again, nor did I ever see this guy again. hahaha

iamamop
Learner
Learner

Post by iamamop »

I was in 5th grade at the ripe age of 11. I don't remember how it happened, but I remember it happening in May. I was really happy because by that point I was wearing a C-cup bra and felt like a child in a woman's body.

hustle rose~
Informer
Informer

Post by hustle rose~ »

I got mine a few days before grade 8. I woke up, went to the bathroom and noticed there was blood on my pj shorts and my underwear. I told my mom about it when she got home from work.
Exciting.
The funny thing is that my friend and I were just talking the day before about when we think we would get ours.

The Doctor
Learner
Learner

Post by The Doctor »

Oh oh I have a good one! *warning, this comment will hold loottssaaa information that none of you wanted to know! ;)
So both of my sisters and mom got their's around 14-16 and I got mine about two weeks before I turned 13 so I was all embarrassed about being an "early bloomer" and whatnot so I didn't tell my mom for two years. xD For the first year of having it, I was uncomfortable wearing a pad and thought people would notice the raised fabric in a little line between my legs(I had just turned 13, how was I supposed to know?) so I would just wear a panty liner with folded up toilet paper stuffed down my underwear. I did this for about a year and it was awful and gross and especially messy at night.

Buuut then I learned how to use tampons and pads right and everything is okay now. My cycle isn't heavy(it's not light, either, so I guess it's medium?) but it does last for a 8 days :( and I only get back pain and food cravings and my face breaks out but I don't get bad cramps or mood swings so I suppose I'm pretty lucky :)

Return to “Period Care”