Amelia Liana 2

MtlMakeup
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Amelia Liana 2

Post by MtlMakeup »

I really don't want this to come off as insulting, I do think Amelia is a beautiful girl... but did she really get a nose job? Her nose still looks quite unattractive (in my opinion) and curved (though it does suit her face because she has striking features). I'm not throwing shade, I'm just really curious. I myself have had a rhinoplasty and honestly, if my nose looked bad afterwards, I'd be PISSED.

Post by Guest »

Re: sponsored content... maybe she just wants to make her own money? Plus sponsorships aren't just about the money.

Post by Guest »

marie_antoinette wrote:Re: sponsored content... maybe she just wants to make her own money? Plus sponsorships aren't just about the money.
Yeah, I don't get why people have a problem with this. I guess they think that because her family is wealthy, that she is as well? She may live off their wealth in part (say if they buy her a flat or something) but that doesn't mean they fund her 100%. You can have wealthy parents and live in a completely different financial situation yourself/support yourself.

hally34
Debater
Debater

Post by hally34 »

CrystalC wrote:
marie_antoinette wrote:Re: sponsored content... maybe she just wants to make her own money? Plus sponsorships aren't just about the money.
Yeah, I don't get why people have a problem with this. I guess they think that because her family is wealthy, that she is as well? She may live off their wealth in part (say if they buy her a flat or something) but that doesn't mean they fund her 100%. You can have wealthy parents and live in a completely different financial situation yourself/support yourself.
I guess it's because I have a problem with sponsored content in general and that it tarnishes the believability of beauty bloggers recommendations and I think I would be really good if a popular beauty guru took the stance of doing no sponsored content. As I said making YouTube videos earns a good income once you hit a certain level. Amelia doesn't need the additional money from brands paying her to hawk products for them

Post by Guest »

hally34 wrote: I guess it's because I have a problem with sponsored content in general and that it tarnishes the believability of beauty bloggers recommendations and I think I would be really good if a popular beauty guru took the stance of doing no sponsored content. As I said making YouTube videos earns a good income once you hit a certain level. Amelia doesn't need the additional money from brands paying her to hawk products for them
I actually have heard that it's becoming difficult even for bigger youtubers to rely just on youtube money without doing sponsorships.. apparently that's where the money is. I do agree that it would be great to see someone not doing sponsored content but in the meantime I just avoid sponsored videos.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

I like her vlogs a lot because of her general genuine cheerful attitude. I just don't care about her beauty videos. Nothing special about them. What I don't understand is her friendship with Lalonde. Two people that don't go together at all but they are still besties. I just don't get it.
:love2:

doudette86
Informer
Informer

Post by doudette86 »

lolita_blah wrote:I like her vlogs a lot because of her general genuine cheerful attitude. I just don't care about her beauty videos. Nothing special about them. What I don't understand is her friendship with Lalonde. Two people that don't go together at all but they are still besties. I just don't get it.

it's has been discussed before, Amelia would befriend a monkey if it had more subbies than her, and gave her more exposure, she used to be friends with Lily pebbles, hangs with her a lot, and be all over the vlogs, as soon as she had more subscribers, she found less and less time be around her, surprisingly she has time to be around Estée, she is a friend jumper, she was all over Claire when she came to London, filmed with her, showed her around and even brought her home, despite meeting her only once before

colddust-girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by colddust-girl »

lolita_blah wrote:I like her vlogs a lot because of her general genuine cheerful attitude. I just don't care about her beauty videos. Nothing special about them. What I don't understand is her friendship with Lalonde. Two people that don't go together at all but they are still besties. I just don't get it.
Same goes with her collabs with Mimi Ikonn, Victoria (In The Frow)... absolutely boring and they have little to no dynamic together

Post by Guest »

Most of these collabs for sure are organised for her by her network but even if they're not, I don't see how they reflect on her badly.. It's just a way to gain more exposure and is mutually beneficial for both sides involved. Of course she's going to act friendly towards people she films with and I've got the impression that she's a friendly person in general and gets on well with most people. Can't say I feel the same about most other yt girls who don't appreciate their subscribers and who are so used to the constant praise, attention and adoration they receive they're no longer able to form real long-lasting relationships with people. Amelia seems to have enough friends outside yt, so maybe the problem isn't her.

snowbunny
Talker
Talker

Post by snowbunny »

hally34 wrote:
PearlyPearl wrote:Sponsored content is never as good as real content. Doing ads is one thing when a guru is trying to make living off of youtube but since she's well off anyway she could do truly unbiased reviews etc.
Yes exactly what I meant :respekt:

Her as a YouTuber with no sponsored content would be a great unbiased source. You tubers make money just through views so she could still have income without being paid to feature or say nice things about certain products. As she is someone with extreme wealth she could go without doing the sponsored videos.
Not to be insulting, but that's a bit naive. YouTube is her career, even if she does not need the money or the money she makes doesn't come close to her family's wealth or her trust fund. She could do sponsorships or ads merely for the exposure to grow her channel and view counts. Sure it's perhaps not for cold hard cash as the #1 priority but there is an ulterior motive.

She's been shilling those YSL lipsticks in her past few videos as an "oh here's my favorite new lipstick just because" (not because she got them free? or a free visit to YSL in France?). They are everywhere on YouTube & Instagram these past few weeks. They are good produts and have always been talked about before though not at this magnitude and by this set of bloggers/YTbers which makes it look so obvious. I still can't believe that YouTubers and bloggers get away with stuff like this.

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

I don't know how I feel about her what I eat in a day video.. I got massive mimi ikonn vibes from it especially when she said the no phone/technology when she's eating lolol very unoriginal.
BANNED

:hugs:

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

Euh I get distracted in every single video by her massive hair that is drowning her. And the heavy eye makeup. Too much.

Sent from my fancy super expensive fantasy phone via patapoop
:love2:

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer

Post by hopelesscoffeeaddict »

The radical vegans are already all over Amelia's what I in a day video, lol. Nothing against vegans in general, but there is a small, radical subgroup that worships Freelee the banana girl and loses their shit over youtubers showing a bit of chicken in a video. It's bullying, plain and simple, and you cannot bully a person into veganism, it has to be a free choice. I hope that Freelee won't make a video about Amelia the way she did with Fleur de Force!

hally34
Debater
Debater

Post by hally34 »

snowbunny wrote:
hally34 wrote:
PearlyPearl wrote:Sponsored content is never as good as real content. Doing ads is one thing when a guru is trying to make living off of youtube but since she's well off anyway she could do truly unbiased reviews etc.
Yes exactly what I meant :respekt:

Her as a YouTuber with no sponsored content would be a great unbiased source. You tubers make money just through views so she could still have income without being paid to feature or say nice things about certain products. As she is someone with extreme wealth she could go without doing the sponsored videos.
Not to be insulting, but that's a bit naive. YouTube is her career, even if she does not need the money or the money she makes doesn't come close to her family's wealth or her trust fund. She could do sponsorships or ads merely for the exposure to grow her channel and view counts. Sure it's perhaps not for cold hard cash as the #1 priority but there is an ulterior motive.

She's been shilling those YSL lipsticks in her past few videos as an "oh here's my favorite new lipstick just because" (not because she got them free? or a free visit to YSL in France?). They are everywhere on YouTube & Instagram these past few weeks. They are good produts and have always been talked about before though not at this magnitude and by this set of bloggers/YTbers which makes it look so obvious. I still can't believe that YouTubers and bloggers get away with stuff like this.
I think naive is a bit harsh! I'm simply saying that if Amelia was to market herself as no ADs and only talk about products she likes, it would be really refreshing and could make her YouTube channel really popular as there aren;t any popular YouTubers I can think of doing that. I'm doing my dissertation on the topic of brands working with beauty bloggers and I've found there is a big lack of trust towards bigger bloggers reviews, and views on declared sponsored videos tends to be less than regular videos.

As Amelia is a millionaire I think it's fair for me to say she doesn't need to do so many ADs and her doing so many puts me as a viewer off those videos even though I do like Amelia.

There is so much deceit and undisclosed deals going on. Either all these girls are getting free designer handbags every week or they are earning far more £££ than we'd think (from the undiscosed deals)

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Will someone help me clarify my thoughts and feelings? Look, I know life isn't fair. I understand working hard for your money etc. Amelia is working very hard photographing her expensive food, clothes, home, jewelry, hair and AL lifetyle. Good for her. She's figured out a way to make her OWN money which is probably rewarding for her and she gets to meet people and feel good about herself and people like me get good ideas sometimes. I don't know anything about how much her family gives to charity. It could be zillions, it could be nothing. For all I know they give everyday so I'm not saying anything negative. I just cringe however when I see posts thanking "Clarins" and "Si" etc for gifting so much to her mom. I KNOW it's all advertising. Maybe her mom gives it away not that she SHOULD. She's more than entitled to enjoy her gifts. Maybe Estee Lauder or whoever etc donates millions to shelters and I don't know about it. But I just wish that more hard working teachers, police, cops, nurses, military, day care workers, etc were gifted such lavish things. It's not Amelia or her mom's fault that they are filthy rich. God bless them and it should only happen to us. Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable when I see posts like that?

colddust-girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by colddust-girl »

Unfortunately I'm starting to dislike Amelia more and more... something with her videos just seems extremely off.

And I completely agree with the Mimi Ikonn inspired What I Eat In A Day...gluten-free everything, not drinking water while eating for digestion, no technology at meal times, lemon for an alkaline state. Come on Amelia.

Satellites
Debater
Debater

Amelia Liana 2

Post by Satellites »

Ugh that what I eat in a day just showed how uneducated she is. Her lemon water keeps her body in an alkaline state? And just how exactly does that work? Not to mention the whole gluten free thing "I love bagels and eat lots of gluten on the weekends so I try to eat gluten free during the week".. Why??????? I just can't stand people who push the gluten free fad when they clearly have no understanding as to why a subset of people need to eat gluten free. Gluten free is not healthier for you Amelia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

Satellites wrote:Ugh that what I eat in a day just showed how uneducated she is. Her lemon water keeps her body in an alkaline state? And just how exactly does that work? Not to mention the whole gluten free thing "I love bagels and eat lots of gluten on the weekends so I try to eat gluten free during the week".. Why??????? I just can't stand people who push the gluten free fad when they clearly have no understanding as to why a subset of people need to eat gluten free. Gluten free is not healthier for you Amelia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
exactly! there really is no reason for people to go all gluten free UNLESS they have some kind of medical condition that requires them to... gluten isn't bad for you!! Stop trying to hop on every 'hipster'/'cool' food trends.. ugh
BANNED

:hugs:

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

colddust-girl wrote:Unfortunately I'm starting to dislike Amelia more and more... something with her videos just seems extremely off.

And I completely agree with the Mimi Ikonn inspired What I Eat In A Day...gluten-free everything, not drinking water while eating for digestion, no technology at meal times, lemon for an alkaline state. Come on Amelia.
Maybe its her new house? Sometimes when youtubers move its weird... When blndsundoll and estee moved their channels had different vibes after

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

MtlMakeup wrote:I really don't want this to come off as insulting, I do think Amelia is a beautiful girl... but did she really get a nose job? Her nose still looks quite unattractive (in my opinion) and curved (though it does suit her face because she has striking features). I'm not throwing shade, I'm just really curious. I myself have had a rhinoplasty and honestly, if my nose looked bad afterwards, I'd be PISSED.
her nose was much worse before, go back in this thread, there are pictures, I can't find them right now, but maybe someone else will. From some pictures it also looks like she shortened her chin, it used to be super long

Return to “Amelia Liana”