Thanksgiving

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has thanked: 0

Thanksgiving

Post by Emerald »

I want to wish the Canadian members a happy Thanksgiving. For us Americans what are you going to do for Thanksgiving? I'm going to eat a lot of turkey and watch football.

nothinggold
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by nothinggold »

Eat a lot. I never realized how when you're in a relationship, your holidays get busy! We're going to do his dad the night before, my mom early on thanksgiving, and then his friend that evening. Then I'm napping so I can hit the Black Friday sales!

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

My husband and I are keeping Thanksgiving very low-key this year..it's the week after we get back from our honeymoon so we're just staying at home and chilling. I'll make us a couple of cornish hens with stuffing and cranberry sauce, and enjoy some wine.

volleyball201211
Debater
Debater

Post by volleyball201211 »

Go to my aunts with all my family (probably like 40 people), cook, and watch football is what I'll be doing! :D Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday since I get to see all my family and it's not so greedy like on Christmas! :) But, I don't eat ANYTHING at Thanksgiving. Maybe celery and crackers.. :S
I LOVE CHEEZ-ITS. ESPECIALLY THE FOUR CHEESE ONES
Green Day is the best band in the world
GuruGossip is my reddit

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

How come you only eat celery and crackers?

Kazekage14
Informer
Informer

Post by Kazekage14 »

I have no idea.
I might go to my boyfriend's, but his parents are fighting.
I've never seen everyone in that house sit and eat together.
My grandparents are three hours away.
My stepfather's parents might invite our family over,
as well as my boyfriend,
but my step-grandmother loves to complain about who I date!
No matter what, I'm eating a lot of cranberry sauce (my favorite part of Thanksgiving!)

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

No clue but all I know is I can't wait, lol. I love food

xxstrawberry
Debater
Debater

Post by xxstrawberry »

Going to my grandma's house on my mom's side and with the rest of the family and just eating and spending time together. I used to go to my grandparent's on my dad's side too, but I'm not on good terms with any of that side of my family so sadly I won't be going this year, sucks since my dad's mom makes the best food lol.

Morena_p
Informer
Informer

Post by Morena_p »

Happy thanksgiving to the Canadians. I spent my thanksgiving day eating like I've never eaten before.

LovePotion009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LovePotion009 »

Kleineganz wrote:My husband and I are keeping Thanksgiving very low-key this year..it's the week after we get back from our honeymoon so we're just staying at home and chilling. I'll make us a couple of cornish hens with stuffing and cranberry sauce, and enjoy some wine.
I've never had cornish hens, but I am interested in trying. I guess you like them better than turkey? What do you like better about it?

LovePotion009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LovePotion009 »

volleyball201211 wrote:Go to my aunts with all my family (probably like 40 people), cook, and watch football is what I'll be doing! :D Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday since I get to see all my family and it's not so greedy like on Christmas! :) But, I don't eat ANYTHING at Thanksgiving. Maybe celery and crackers.. :S
Celery and crackers???? Are you dieting or do you not like Thanksgiving foods?

LovePotion009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LovePotion009 »

Kazekage14 wrote:I have no idea.
I might go to my boyfriend's, but his parents are fighting.
I've never seen everyone in that house sit and eat together.
My grandparents are three hours away.
My stepfather's parents might invite our family over,
as well as my boyfriend,
but my step-grandmother loves to complain about who I date!
No matter what, I'm eating a lot of cranberry sauce (my favorite part of Thanksgiving!)
If you don't have anywhere to go at least go somewhere and get a hot plate of Thanksgiving foods and your cranberry sauce, of course! Boston Market?

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

I'm either going to host Thanksgiving at my place or have it at my sister's house. I can't wait, I loveee turkey (and cooking!). :D I'm also excited for Black Friday because I didn't go last year, and it'll be my first time going together with my hubby. Plus, they'll finally start playing Christmas music on the radio, which I love. Christmas is my favorite holiday!

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

LovePotion009 wrote:
volleyball201211 wrote:Go to my aunts with all my family (probably like 40 people), cook, and watch football is what I'll be doing! :D Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday since I get to see all my family and it's not so greedy like on Christmas! :) But, I don't eat ANYTHING at Thanksgiving. Maybe celery and crackers.. :S
Celery and crackers???? Are you dieting or do you not like Thanksgiving foods?
That would be an unhealthy diet eating just celery and crackers.

DarthCassie
Informer
Informer

Post by DarthCassie »

family time! I think we are frying the turkey this year, I can't wait. Thanksgiving should be a cheat day for everyone!

iheartponies
Learner
Learner

Post by iheartponies »

Happy Thanksgiving, Canadian friends!

I LOVE Thanksgiving food, especially since I moved out and started making my own turkeys—nice and juicy, not dry like my mother always made them! However she does have me one-upped on rolls, a recipe she's been using since I was little and I haven't quite mastered yet. This year is Thanksgiving with the boyfriend's family again, which is perfectly enjoyable except that they do very region-specific food that I don't really like/understand so I think I will make my Thanksgiving spread for Christmas. I never liked Christmas ham anyway because the next holiday (Easter) was ham too!!

laurie
Debater
Debater

Post by laurie »

eat turkey and stuffing (am i the only one who loves stuffing...), watch football, play with little cousins.
then, bed early and black friday shopping with my sister. we never really buy anything. it's just fun to be a part of the madness.

and happy thanksgiving, canadians!

Post by Guest »

I think we'll be going to my boyfriend's aunt's house in the morning/afternoon, my mom's house in the late afternoon, and pass out early there so my sisters and I can go shopping--not sure if my boyfriend wants to go.

I will be eating a lot of turkey and stuffing, and hopefully I'll be able to covert-ly steal some wine. haha

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

laurie wrote:eat turkey and stuffing (am i the only one who loves stuffing...), watch football, play with little cousins.
then, bed early and black friday shopping with my sister. we never really buy anything. it's just fun to be a part of the madness.

and happy thanksgiving, canadians!

OMG NO STUFFING IS LITERALLY MY FAVORITE PART.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

Is anybody going to travel for Thanksgiving?

Return to “Holidays”