SuperMaryFace - part 2

Nintendo Bunny
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SuperMaryFace - part 2

Post by Nintendo Bunny »

I don't understand what people mean when they say Tumblr sucks. You customize what you see. It's no different than Twitter.

Nimu Nimu

Post by Nimu Nimu »

^^ that was my thought exactly. For whatever reason, people use Tumblr as shorthand for douchey SJWs or just feminism in general, depending on the person griping about it. But not every feminist is on Tumblr and not every tumblr is feminist so....

CaptainCrowbar
Learner
Learner

Post by CaptainCrowbar »

it's because tumblr, more so than any other form of social media, promotes and encourages subcultures, fandoms, and extremely misguided faux-progressives. It's the Wal-Mart of the internet.
The Thunder from Asunder

MakeupQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupQueen »

I was just on Woody Show's video about Mary and its crazy how hateful her fans are. Here are a few of the comments on the front page.
Link:http://i.imgur.com/H52M3rQ.png

CaptainCrowbar
Learner
Learner

Post by CaptainCrowbar »

they're also openly supporting false-flagging the video and promoting hate speech and death threats. That's what I was on about earlier with the cultist mentality...fandoms are bonkers
The Thunder from Asunder

Nimu Nimu

Post by Nimu Nimu »

Faux progressives...hm. I tend to shy away from terms like that because of the insane slippery slope that goes along with 'em. And politics are the worst to discuss on the internet haha.

This entire situation is getting so disturbing and ugly though. I do not see this ending well. Don't get me wrong. I'm still extremely disappointed and disgusted by how The Woody Show is handling this situation. I'm going to assume this is not their usual fare and they were really just doing it for controversy, but the uncut interview and the podcast did absolutely nothing to make them look better. If they didn't care about the backlash, they should have just left it there. Stoking the flame isn't helping.

On the other hand though, Mary had basically won. No one (with the exception of the show's fans, and even then I saw a few who were bothered by the interview) was "siding" with the show. I think every reasonable person realized how shitty that "interview" was. If she keeps dragging it out and making her fans come for blood, no one is going to come out a winner. Both sides are going to look petty even though one was 100% in the wrong and shouldn't just be laughed off or ignored. If she actually took the time to discuss sexism in nerdom like she said she would, that's one thing. I would 100% support her continuously talking about this in that case. Reveling in your fans sending death threats and harassing people is no where close to that, though.

lightning13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lightning13 »

MakeupQueen wrote:I was just on Woody Show's video about Mary and its crazy how hateful her fans are. Here are a few of the comments on the front page.
Link:http://i.imgur.com/H52M3rQ.png
Yeah, and we're the bad guys :shock: .... They seriously scare the crap out of me.

Nimu Nimu

Post by Nimu Nimu »

(Dammit, meant to add this to my last post, then I'm done posting here for a while because I really do feel for Mary)

The Woody Show sort of keeps implying this was a joke/ all for comedy/ not serious/ they're not politically correct so what's the big deal. But that excuse goes completely out of the window when they referenced that Encyclopedia Dramatica article and this site to trash her. Even if they see no reason to apologize for the interview because...reasons, then that's one thing. But to go on and attack someone's character because they felt uncomfortable with their portrayal in your video (and the interview itself) is beyond fucked. That's just being a vindictive asshole for the sake of it. There were ways they could have defended their point without seeping into personal attacks. It honestly proves Mary's point that they were demeaning and taking joy in saying some pretty horrible shit to her.

bluhbluh
Learner
Learner

Post by bluhbluh »

I watched this Woody show interview and Mary's crying video. Even though I agree with some people the interview was beyond rude, I can't feel sorry for Mary. I can't listen to her saying that ''she was self conscious about her body and her birthmarks as a teenager'' and look at those hundred nude photos she did at the same time. From what I've read form her old Model Mayhem accounts I couldn't see any of the problems she mentioned she was having. Mentioning floods in Sydney was totally irrelevant too, and she said that only to get more sympathy for people. Like she noticed herself, in her video, this Woody show thing has almost no subscribers, and if she was mature enough she would just totally ignore them, since these videos barely get any views. BUT NO, since she is Mary she had to kick-start the whole thing, and made such bigger issue out of it than it actually is, preaching about all those body shaming values she likes so much. The only reason these guys interviewed her, and used Encyclopedia Dramatica site is to show her lies. I'm pretty sure they've done some reading about her, possibly form this forum, knew she will be at the Star wars celebration, and deliberately made fun of her. Was it fun? No. Did she deserve it? Yes. I'm sure, if some other woman was big chested and dressed exactly as Mary, they would just ignore her, but they knew about all the controversies behind SuperMaryFace, picked her for interview on purpose, and asked all those questions on purpose. For me, who knows about her lies it was entertaining to watch, for those who still believe Mary is a goddess - not so much, and we can see that in the comments from her ''kickass supportive YouTube community'' (as she said on her Twitter) asking these people to kill themselves and wishing their families to burn to death. There you go, Mary and her Fanbase at their best. Seriously, I can't feel sorry at all for a manipulative liar.

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

bluhbluh wrote:Was it fun? No. Did she deserve it? Yes. I'm sure, if some other woman was big chested and dressed exactly as Mary, they would just ignore her, but they knew about all the controversies behind SuperMaryFace, picked her for interview on purpose, and asked all those questions on purpose. For me, who knows about her lies it was entertaining to watch, for those who still believe Mary is a goddess - not so much, and we can see that in the comments from her ''kickass supportive YouTube community'' (as she said on her Twitter) asking these people to kill themselves and wishing their families to burn to death. There you go, Mary and her Fanbase at their best. Seriously, I can't feel sorry at all for a manipulative liar.
I agree. The interviewer isn't exactly guiltless in this case, but would they have anything to needle Mary about if it wasn't for her own actions? There's too much of a lying, scamming pattern behind Mary's actions that I cannot take her seriously, what ever she does. She's a shit stirrer and loves to play the martyr. I think it's obnoxious how her fans deal yet again with this "scandal". If it wasn't for Mary's overreacting and drama who would've even seen the effing video? Hypocrites everywhere, it's not okay to bully Queen Mary but let's assault all these other guys online and wish their death. Logic? There is non. I hate how she drags these people with her. Blind fandom as its best...

I'm not a person who gets offended easily and honestly I did not think what they said on he compilation to be that terrible, but I do, of course, oppose sexism and all that jazz. It isn't okay to go to a female and ask if they're seeking attention because her cleavage is shown. As I said earlier, I just detest how Mary doesn't own her shit like on any level, denying her obvious attempt to gain attention is bs. If it was any other person I would defend them, a double ended sword, I know, but still. She has her history and we have pretty clear understanding what are her underlying motives.

bluhbluh
Learner
Learner

Post by bluhbluh »

Eastsiderider wrote:I agree. The interviewer isn't exactly guiltless in this case, but would they have anything to needle Mary about if it wasn't for her own actions? There's too much of a lying, scamming pattern behind Mary's actions that I cannot take her seriously, what ever she does. She's a shit stirrer and loves to play the martyr. I think it's obnoxious how her fans deal yet again with this "scandal". If it wasn't for Mary's overreacting and drama who would've even seen the effing video? Hypocrites everywhere, it's not okay to bully Queen Mary but let's assault all these other guys online and wish their death. Logic? There is non. I hate how she drags these people with her. Blind fandom as its best...

Totally agree. you put all those words together better than me :P I was on the road all night, had 2 hours sleep, can't type properly xD

Sarameingott

Post by Sarameingott »

So I'm going to type the first part of the Woody Show podcast, just the intro and the ''rebuttal''. Sorry for the long post and possible grammar mistakes.

This is what they said: We played some clips from star wars celebration in Anaheim this past weekend. Seabass talked to a whole bunch of different people, and then the aftermath of what happened yesterday, it was enormous, our instagram, twitter, both blew up.

--A different guy talks about how he wasn't there so he didn't know what it was like, but he liked the clip and what he liked even more was reading the responses people gave. Also how supermaryface only helped them get more attention and tell a whole bunch of people who had never heard of the show, of this show. So they thank her for that--

Seabass wanted to make a rebuttal, to respond to the things thrown his way, this is what he said:

I sarcastically asked a hot girl with shorts, with her ass literally hanging out the bottom, wether she was ''teasing'' the nerds, excuse me, ''fans'', she then send her army of online sicko's. She calls her group of stalking internet warriors ''spiders''which is appropriate as they help her spin a web of lies. Supermaryface, a.k.a. Mary G Thomson, claimed that I, Seabass, implied that if she were to be harassed or assaulted that she would be the one to blame, due to the clothing she chose to wear. This is a lie as plain as the implants on her chest. Her first tutorial on youtube was how to stuff your bra to go to conventions. And all I suggested was that she was intentionally titillating a large crowd of largely sexless nerds, I mean ''fans''.

--They play audio of the fedora guy interview and he talks about the slave leia's that were walking around and how he took a lot of pictures with them--

All I was asking was that she would admit that she was using her sexuality against men who sadly don't get a lot of sex. Mary claims that her profession of wearing tight shorts and spreading her buttcheeks is ''just creating art''. I agree. She's clearly falling in the tradition of Monet or Manet or atleast of Sir Mix-a-Lot. And the reason she's coming after me is that there is a large online currency in playing the victim. And ubermaryface is attempting to become a victim in my expense by becoming what is known as a ''straw-man argument''. How fitting was this for superfaces followers as it was a scarecrow who needed a brain. By lying and creating a character of me being a molesty man, she constructs a false, or ''strawman'' for all you maryfans, argument. She makes me out as a misogynistic slutshamer, even though we here in this room never called superfacyface a slut.

--He goes on about how he listened to the audio of the interview because he kept seeing people saying they called her a slut--

We never called her a slut or whore and people were saying we were encouraging people to grab and molest and promote rape culture. We even posted the ''clothing is not consent'' sign at the entrance of the convention. We believe people can dress however they want, however that does not give you the right to, other then to get a boner, to grab these people or force yourself on them. She knows what she is doing there, with all those thirsty nerds, like acknowledge what you're doing. You have the right to do it, but just acknowledge that you're doing it. People will only see what pleases them and then run to twitter with pitchforks and torches in hand, not realizing they're carrying a load of straw with them.

So let's look at the ''progressive, non-threatening and totally logical comments left by superlarydavids' fans. Here's a nice one from Abby who goes by @gingerbear saying quote:"I will happily slit all of your throats, I'm an ethic sociopath.''(couldn't find this one on twitter, must've been deleted).Here's a nice comment from The Exile @MasonNighthawx who tweets:''Just a bunch of jealous fags''. And this is from Mik, @fantasymagix who says:''Supermaryface you are so amazing for standing up for yourself and not backing down.'' NO, she is not amazing, she is just a bad liar and you are amazingly horny for this woman. And that's OK, I encourage girls, like supermaryface to look as sexy as they want, but don't pretend you're just there for the ''art of the costume''.

If you want to dress and act like a slut, which is an actual thing btw, that is fine, but just own it. When you have shorts that
are so short that the bottoms of the pockets that are supposed to be hidden from behind the material are poking out of the
bottom, those are really short shorts. And they're hot as hell. Speaking of hot, you guys know how hot it was that day? ''Oh
it's hot out here guys!'' 73 degrees.(that's 22 degrees celsius).

It doesn't end there obviously, the part where they talk to her is even worse. So they say they never called her a slut or slutty and then this one guy calls her a slut right before they let her on the air. :gj: Fucking idiot.

CaptainCrowbar
Learner
Learner

Post by CaptainCrowbar »

It doesn't take a genius to realize sex sells, and girls on youtube who dress provocatively and use thumbnails with cleavage and bikinis and seductive poses etc. become famous and make lots of money with minimal effort. This is something that, given the proper motivation, can be proven statistically. I don't like the hardcore fanbases of e-celebrities who abandon reason and zealously defend their icons. I also don't like it when e-celebrities take advantage of their gullible fans to create hate campaigns.
The Thunder from Asunder

bluhbluh
Learner
Learner

Post by bluhbluh »

BTW when you check the full interview video of the woody show you can see that Mista Wulfy also takes part in the conversation. Just if anyone is interested.

Nimu Nimu

Post by Nimu Nimu »

Ok. Ew. I was going to let it slide, but seeing the interview typed out like that actually made it even worse. In all honesty, they are absolutely no better than her in the circular logic and backtracking they're trying to insult her with.

Are we really going to act like just because you don't directly call someone something, there could be no other way for your words to be taken? Like, are we going to act like language lacks subtleties and implications? Because if we are, then their "sarcastic asking" of her clothing choice falls through. So no. Even without straight out calling her a slut, their discussion of her cheeks falling out her shorts and lies as fake as her breasts as if that is in anyway important to the "We didn't slut shame" point is pretty telling.

Secondly, that rebuttal was exactly like our points here. Every read, every shade, every point was word for word something that was said here. Even the "Just admit you use sexuality" and "I love to tell girls to be sexy" was almost word for word what someone has written here. But the meanings and context for both of those statements were COMPLETELY different from the very feminist, very anti-slut shaming posters who said that.

And the point still remains all of that shit became important after they had already judged her for her clothing. Their whole reason for approaching her, which they clearly admit, was because of what she was wearing. I cannot emphasize that more. We can flip it and act like they cornered her because of all the things they've said post-backlash, but that is not the case. Even if that were the case, why in the actual fuck would you publicly "call out" and shame someone who you don't even know and has done nothing to you???? Their new reasoning makes no sense. At least she's fucked us over before, and we still told our own not to call her out. We said it would be aggressive and unnecessary, much like this interview. Objectively, they're using secondhand gossip and speculation to tear her down which is so unprofessional.

/ rant. That rebuttal was honestly worse than the interview, and I have no idea how people could still give their intentions the benefit of the doubt after listening to it. I've also visited Mista Wufly's Twitter page, and I've decided that dude is a creep. I'm not going to speculate on what happened between him and Ken, but why is he speaking on his ex roommate's fiancée?! Ugh.

Nintendo Bunny
Learner
Learner

Post by Nintendo Bunny »

Again Nimu Nimu has taken the words right out of my mouth.
Nimu Nimu wrote:Are we really going to act like just because you don't directly call someone something, there could be no other way for your words to be taken?
:tu:

CaptainCrowbar
Learner
Learner

Post by CaptainCrowbar »

Nimu Nimu wrote:Are we really going to act like just because you don't directly call someone something, there could be no other way for your words to be taken? Like, are we going to act like language lacks subtleties and implications? Because if we are, then their "sarcastic asking" of her clothing choice falls through. So no. Even without straight out calling her a slut, their discussion of her cheeks falling out her shorts and lies as fake as her breasts as if that is in anyway important to the "We didn't slut shame" point is pretty telling.
The thing is, they were picking out people specifically to create these sorts of controversial situations. Likely they expected her to get upset with them right then and there, but she didn't take the bait (until afterwards, of course). The controversy really came about due to the fan backlash against their video, which has been proven to be filled with more hate-speech and harassment than the Woody Show is guilty of by far. I'm pretty sure they didn't make any death threats after all...
Nimu Nimu wrote:I've also visited Mista Wufly's Twitter page, and I've decided that dude is a creep.
That's what I was saying earlier, the guy's really weird. He talks to porn stars a lot, is he in porn or something?
The Thunder from Asunder

slx2l
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by slx2l »

Sarameingott wrote:So I'm going to type the first part of the Woody Show podcast, just the intro and the ''rebuttal''. Sorry for the long post and possible grammar mistakes.

This is what they said: We played some clips from star wars celebration in Anaheim this past weekend. Seabass talked to a whole bunch of different people, and then the aftermath of what happened yesterday, it was enormous, our instagram, twitter, both blew up.

--A different guy talks about how he wasn't there so he didn't know what it was like, but he liked the clip and what he liked even more was reading the responses people gave. Also how supermaryface only helped them get more attention and tell a whole bunch of people who had never heard of the show, of this show. So they thank her for that--

Seabass wanted to make a rebuttal, to respond to the things thrown his way, this is what he said:

I sarcastically asked a hot girl with shorts, with her ass literally hanging out the bottom, wether she was ''teasing'' the nerds, excuse me, ''fans'', she then send her army of online sicko's. She calls her group of stalking internet warriors ''spiders''which is appropriate as they help her spin a web of lies. Supermaryface, a.k.a. Mary G Thomson, claimed that I, Seabass, implied that if she were to be harassed or assaulted that she would be the one to blame, due to the clothing she chose to wear. This is a lie as plain as the implants on her chest. Her first tutorial on youtube was how to stuff your bra to go to conventions. And all I suggested was that she was intentionally titillating a large crowd of largely sexless nerds, I mean ''fans''.

--They play audio of the fedora guy interview and he talks about the slave leia's that were walking around and how he took a lot of pictures with them--

All I was asking was that she would admit that she was using her sexuality against men who sadly don't get a lot of sex. Mary claims that her profession of wearing tight shorts and spreading her buttcheeks is ''just creating art''. I agree. She's clearly falling in the tradition of Monet or Manet or atleast of Sir Mix-a-Lot. And the reason she's coming after me is that there is a large online currency in playing the victim. And ubermaryface is attempting to become a victim in my expense by becoming what is known as a ''straw-man argument''. How fitting was this for superfaces followers as it was a scarecrow who needed a brain. By lying and creating a character of me being a molesty man, she constructs a false, or ''strawman'' for all you maryfans, argument. She makes me out as a misogynistic slutshamer, even though we here in this room never called superfacyface a slut.

--He goes on about how he listened to the audio of the interview because he kept seeing people saying they called her a slut--

We never called her a slut or whore and people were saying we were encouraging people to grab and molest and promote rape culture. We even posted the ''clothing is not consent'' sign at the entrance of the convention. We believe people can dress however they want, however that does not give you the right to, other then to get a boner, to grab these people or force yourself on them. She knows what she is doing there, with all those thirsty nerds, like acknowledge what you're doing. You have the right to do it, but just acknowledge that you're doing it. People will only see what pleases them and then run to twitter with pitchforks and torches in hand, not realizing they're carrying a load of straw with them.

So let's look at the ''progressive, non-threatening and totally logical comments left by superlarydavids' fans. Here's a nice one from Abby who goes by @gingerbear saying quote:"I will happily slit all of your throats, I'm an ethic sociopath.''(couldn't find this one on twitter, must've been deleted).Here's a nice comment from The Exile @MasonNighthawx who tweets:''Just a bunch of jealous *no gender slurs, ty''. And this is from Mik, @fantasymagix who says:''Supermaryface you are so amazing for standing up for yourself and not backing down.'' NO, she is not amazing, she is just a bad liar and you are amazingly horny for this woman. And that's OK, I encourage girls, like supermaryface to look as sexy as they want, but don't pretend you're just there for the ''art of the costume''.

If you want to dress and act like a slut, which is an actual thing btw, that is fine, but just own it. When you have shorts that
are so short that the bottoms of the pockets that are supposed to be hidden from behind the material are poking out of the
bottom, those are really short shorts. And they're hot as hell. Speaking of hot, you guys know how hot it was that day? ''Oh
it's hot out here guys!'' 73 degrees.(that's 22 degrees celsius).

It doesn't end there obviously, the part where they talk to her is even worse. So they say they never called her a slut or slutty and then this one guy calls her a slut right before they let her on the air. :gj: Fucking idiot.

He said she acts like a slut. He didn't say she is one. Just like he explained about Superman. You can wear a t shirt and pretend to be superman but it won't mean you are superman.

lightning13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lightning13 »

Supposedly they chose to interview Mary because she was getting her photo taken with a bunch of people and had a large gathering of people around her so they thought she must be someone important and interesting.

Fizzing Whizzbees
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Fizzing Whizzbees »

Long time lurker, infrequent commenter.

I read through all of your posts and I can definitely see where all of you are coming from but I really do feel like I will have to side with Mary on this. I'm not sure if many of you listen to the Woody Show or if you are from the areas of southern California where it is broadcast but these guys make a living making fun of people and making cruel comments about people. About a month or so ago they want on an entire rant about how feminists were all women with their panties twisted and angry because no one would date them. How feminists are delusional and that they (the hosts) don't see gender inequality as being a real issue. Really the hosts of the show are extremely ignorant. And maybe it is an act they put on for the air but these guys have a history of making comments like this and just being assholes.
Do I think Mary knowingly dresses how she does because it will attract attention. Maybe. But I don't think that gives the radio hosts an excuse to make that edited version of the interview and mock her like they did. Also, what kind of radio professional cites an obvious troll website? Like come on, try to make your argument at least factual.
I think Mary was legitimately upset in her rebuttal video.

Return to “MaryMakingIt”