Tyler Oakley Part 2

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tyler Oakley Part 2

Post by BONTBFW »

chairman_meow wrote:Seeing a new video uploaded reminded me to unsubscribe from this boring Youtuber (as does 100+ people did according to social blade). He should probably find a 9-5 job asap.
Lmao I’m sure he has enough saved up and side business to where he doesn’t need a 9-5 yet, if ever.

Deathsoul74
Learner
Learner

Post by Deathsoul74 »

Every time I come here I always remember how big he was in 2013-2016. I mean I’m not surprised he’s irrelevant now. It was inevitable. But damn. I guess teenage girls went looking for a new GBF elsewhere. :rofl:

WentworthSeb
Informer
Informer

Post by WentworthSeb »

I watched the hateful troll a couple of days ago when he had the collab with Grace Helbig (another failure of a YouTuber). As it was mentioned before in the earlier times on YT around 2012-2014 it was cute to be quirky and/or gay. It hasn't worked in years. Why is he still in YouTube anyway? I think he mentioned he will start his podcast again so perhaps he is hard up for money lol

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

YT_Mess wrote:I watched the hateful troll a couple of days ago when he had the collab with Grace Helbig (another failure of a YouTuber). As it was mentioned before in the earlier times on YT around 2012-2014 it was cute to be quirky and/or gay. It hasn't worked in years. Why is he still in YouTube anyway? I think he mentioned he will start his podcast again so perhaps he is hard up for money lol
I used to follow him when he was part of an all (mostly white) gay male collaboration channel called something like a gay a day, or the like. I think back to those videos and the earlier videos after that phase fondly. Somewhere along the line, tho, I got bored and unfollowed. I think that was around his preachy phase, where he went around pointing out other peoples' flaws while completely ignoring his own. Regardless, I haven't seen a video of his in years.

NocteRegem
Talker
Talker

Post by NocteRegem »

7abiib_azzubb wrote:
YT_Mess wrote:I watched the hateful troll a couple of days ago when he had the collab with Grace Helbig (another failure of a YouTuber). As it was mentioned before in the earlier times on YT around 2012-2014 it was cute to be quirky and/or gay. It hasn't worked in years. Why is he still in YouTube anyway? I think he mentioned he will start his podcast again so perhaps he is hard up for money lol
I used to follow him when he was part of an all (mostly white) gay male collaboration channel called something like a gay a day, or the like. I think back to those videos and the earlier videos after that phase fondly. Somewhere along the line, tho, I got bored and unfollowed. I think that was around his preachy phase, where he went around pointing out other peoples' flaws while completely ignoring his own. Regardless, I haven't seen a video of his in years.
I remember a gay a day. Those were fun and simple times. They introduced me to tyler and to shep689.
They deleted everything. The guy that posted on fridays (brandon?) was soooo hot and cute.
Now I'm in the ring and I'm coming for blood

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

Wait so Tyler Oakley wasn't his first channel?

sesamesmeshame
Learner
Learner

Post by sesamesmeshame »

he's always had his own channel but years ago collaboration channels were very popular as a side project for youtubers and he was part of 5 awesome gays.

Mille026
Talker
Talker

Post by Mille026 »

Seeing as this thread hasn't been active in months, I'm not sure if this will spark a discussion or not haha

I recently unsubbed from the podcast. Tyler and Corey act like anything and everything they do is right and everyone else is wrong. They are so over the top with labeling things as "problematic". A few months ago he said anyone who was religious was problematic because "love the sinner, hate the sin" doesn't embrace LGBTQ culture. He's swung so far on the politically correct scale that he, himself, is starting to become problematic with the over generalizations. I'm glad his career is down the drain, he doesn't need a bigger platform to promote his outrage culture.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

Mille026 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:55 am
Seeing as this thread hasn't been active in months, I'm not sure if this will spark a discussion or not haha

I recently unsubbed from the podcast. Tyler and Corey act like anything and everything they do is right and everyone else is wrong. They are so over the top with labeling things as "problematic". A few months ago he said anyone who was religious was problematic because "love the sinner, hate the sin" doesn't embrace LGBTQ culture. He's swung so far on the politically correct scale that he, himself, is starting to become problematic with the over generalizations. I'm glad his career is down the drain, he doesn't need a bigger platform to promote his outrage culture.
Wait, the has-been has a podcast with the never-has-been? Who knew? Also, who cares? Let it burn! :rofl:

yew
Learner
Learner

Post by yew »

I find it hilarious that he has lost over half a million subs in the past few years :rofl:
my first language isn't english

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

yew wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:28 pm
I find it hilarious that he has lost over half a million subs in the past few years :rofl:
Serves him right. Always seemed like an arrogant little prick.

Post by Guest »

His newest video has been up for 6 hours and it has less than 10k views. I wonder what his motivation is to continue uploading? He isn't even hitting a million views a month these days so he can't be making much in adsense. He's been uploading consistently yet he doesn't get as many monthly views as some of his contemporaries do when they haven't even uploaded a single thing to their channels in almost a year. I'm still so shocked at how fast he fell.

Apparently he's back on Amazing Race with Korey. Is anyone watching it? I wonder if the producers were expecting him to bring in the numbers like the last time he was on it; traditional media is still so clueless when it comes to relevancy and internet stars.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

YouTube is probably pulling the last remaining plugs for his channel

Mille026
Talker
Talker

Post by Mille026 »

He took such a long break from Youtube, I thought he was done. He had the podcast and acted in a few YouTube series, but I think he mainly focused on Trevor Project stuff? I honestly have no idea what he's been doing the last 2 years to make money. It must not have worked out, which is why he has returned to YouTube. I watched the collab with the Holy Trinity...whatever spark these 4 had in 2012 is totally gone. They need to find other jobs and move on. It's just sad at this point.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

That collab video with the holy trinity would have gotten a million+ views in a few days but right now it only has 212,000 views...yikes. That is just sad.

sto
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sto »

Mille026 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:40 am
He took such a long break from Youtube, I thought he was done. He had the podcast and acted in a few YouTube series, but I think he mainly focused on Trevor Project stuff? I honestly have no idea what he's been doing the last 2 years to make money. It must not have worked out, which is why he has returned to YouTube.
I'm not sure what you mean. He never took a break from or left youtube. I think it just feels like he did since his relevancy dropped so quickly.

Mille026
Talker
Talker

Post by Mille026 »

sto wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:34 pm
Mille026 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:40 am
He took such a long break from Youtube, I thought he was done. He had the podcast and acted in a few YouTube series, but I think he mainly focused on Trevor Project stuff? I honestly have no idea what he's been doing the last 2 years to make money. It must not have worked out, which is why he has returned to YouTube.
I'm not sure what you mean. He never took a break from or left youtube. I think it just feels like he did since his relevancy dropped so quickly.
I thought he dropped down from regular weekly videos to posting once or twice a month....looks like that wasn't the case. I was subscribed up until a few years ago when he stopped doing Au-guest. I was only getting notifications once a month or so and thought he stopped posting haha guess YouTube was over him too.

Madashley428
Learner
Learner

Post by Madashley428 »

Guest wrote:His newest video has been up for 6 hours and it has less than 10k views. I wonder what his motivation is to continue uploading? He isn't even hitting a million views a month these days so he can't be making much in adsense. He's been uploading consistently yet he doesn't get as many monthly views as some of his contemporaries do when they haven't even uploaded a single thing to their channels in almost a year. I'm still so shocked at how fast he fell.

Apparently he's back on Amazing Race with Korey. Is anyone watching it? I wonder if the producers were expecting him to bring in the numbers like the last time he was on it; traditional media is still so clueless when it comes to relevancy and internet stars.

I know seriously like Hannah Hart is randomly on tv shows now like one on the food network when she is not popular at all on YouTube anymore hahahah the traditional media thinks she is but that was years ago she barely gets over 100k now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madashley428
Learner
Learner

Post by Madashley428 »

I am so confused how he and other youtubers such as grace helbig, the British youtubers (Nikki, Tanya, Jim, etc) make enough money to keep up their lifestyle when they get barely any views like the amount of views can’t possibly create enough adsense for them to be able to live extravagantly

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Madashley428 wrote:I am so confused how he and other youtubers such as grace helbig, the British youtubers (Nikki, Tanya, Jim, etc) make enough money to keep up their lifestyle when they get barely any views like the amount of views can’t possibly create enough adsense for them to be able to live extravagantly
Their lives don’t rely on adsense

Return to “Tyler Oakley”