kundera
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tyler Oakley Part 2

Post by kundera »

illegal_mind wrote:
ItsAndrew wrote:I did find an article that was posted recently discussing Tyler's net worth, which according to the article is $8,000,000 (http://gazettereview.com/2017/07/tyler- ... ey-really/) No idea how accurate that number is, but what do you all think?
articles on youtubers' net worth are always bullshit with really high numbers that come out of nowhere.
how in the world does tyler have $8000000 worth of assets?
these articles just pull these numbers out of nowhere, and most times they don't even know how youtubers actually make money(they're the type of people that think having millions of subs means you have all those active viewers).
an example of how bs those reports on youtuber's networth are. gavin free, from roosterteeth/slomoguys is supposedely $5000000. and geoff, one of the founders of the company is valued at $3000000. both of them have made fun of those numbers in videos, they don't know where they got that from, and gavin even made fun of the fact they think he has a bigger networth than geoff.
unless tyler has a business on the dl that made him millions, no way in hell he has eight million dollars worth of assets.
and just skimming through the article, it seems they don't know shit of what they're talking about. they don't even say where these numbers come from. they literally state he doesn't have expensive cars, or houses. the article just talks about how he started out on youtube, all the famous people he's met, awards, etc. no actual mention on where that value comes from. based on what's in the article, he's just sitting on $8million. and i'm actually questioning if the writer even knows the meaning of networth, because they claim tyler has no highly priced assets, so where did they pull that number from? does he have $8million in the bank?
SocialBlade says: $7.9K - $127.2K ESTIMATED YEARLY EARNINGS for him?

dsamantha
Talker
Talker

Post by dsamantha »

kundera wrote:
illegal_mind wrote:
ItsAndrew wrote:I did find an article that was posted recently discussing Tyler's net worth, which according to the article is $8,000,000 (http://gazettereview.com/2017/07/tyler- ... ey-really/) No idea how accurate that number is, but what do you all think?
articles on youtubers' net worth are always bullshit with really high numbers that come out of nowhere.
these articles just pull these numbers out of nowhere, and most times they don't even know how youtubers actually make money(they're the type of people that think having millions of subs means you have all those active viewers).
an example of how bs those reports on youtuber's networth are. gavin free, from roosterteeth/slomoguys is supposedely $5000000. and geoff, one of the founders of the company is valued at $3000000. both of them have made fun of those numbers in videos, they don't know where they got that from, and gavin even made fun of the fact they think he has a bigger networth than geoff.
unless tyler has a business on the dl that made him millions, no way in hell he has eight million dollars worth of assets.
and just skimming through the article, it seems they don't know shit of what they're talking about. they don't even say where these numbers come from. they literally state he doesn't have expensive cars, or houses. the article just talks about how he started out on youtube, all the famous people he's met, awards, etc. no actual mention on where that value comes from. based on what's in the article, he's just sitting on $8million. and i'm actually questioning if the writer even knows the meaning of networth, because they claim tyler has no highly priced assets, so where did they pull that number from? does he have $8million in the bank?
Lmao that's a pretty wide range there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

dsamantha wrote:
kundera wrote:
illegal_mind wrote:
Lmao that's a pretty wide range there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
He will probably earn 40-60k this year from youtube. Even though he's fallen off hard his CPM should still be decent. I think socialblade just uses the highest possible CPM and the lowest for their ranges.

leafyisthere
Learner
Learner

Post by leafyisthere »

I'm curious as to how he got his views back to semi decent numbers I remember a time when he was getting 7k per video

GOONMIDNIGHT
Lurker
Lurker

Post by GOONMIDNIGHT »

Was this ever posted on here before? https://31.media.tumblr.com/06c50e52099 ... rcqlwq.jpg I found it on Google. Quite sick if true, but who knows.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

GOONMIDNIGHT wrote:Was this ever posted on here before? https://31.media.tumblr.com/06c50e52099 ... rcqlwq.jpg I found it on Google. Quite sick if true, but who knows.
It's fake. Well, it was a Blood on the Dance Floor story and the person changed the names to Tyler.

jawesome
Learner
Learner

Post by jawesome »

I just watched his 10yr video and is he not friends with any of the OG 5AG? Whatever happened with those guys? Two of them dated then it didn't work out and then the whole thing changed??

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

jawesome wrote:I just watched his 10yr video and is he not friends with any of the OG 5AG? Whatever happened with those guys? Two of them dated then it didn't work out and then the whole thing changed??
Joseph Birdsong (one of the two who broke up) has a pretty active gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/dk1games. Wasn't Korey Kuhl one of them, too? I forgot. I know they are still close and he has a channel, but I don't follow him, so I don't know if he uploads.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

I am watching his 10 year anniversary video and I always wondered if YouTubers were truly friends or if they were just "YouTube friends", but it seems like most people genuinely are his friend.

While watching the video and a question came in my head. Do any of you think Tyler ever had any interest (romantically) with the young adult guy YouTubers he has hung out with quite a bit throughout his life, such as Caspar Lee, Joe Sugg, Joey Graceffa, Connor Franta (before their friendship broke off), etc.? I know he's personal about his love life but he's spent enough time around these guys that maybe there was some attraction at some point?

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

Well, that 'surprise reaction' was not a surprise at all. He totally knew what he was going to react to. Maybe he couldn't think of a creative way to introduce it without seeming obnoxious.

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

Well, that 'surprise reaction' was not a surprise at all. He totally knew what he was going to react to. Maybe he couldn't think of a creative way to introduce it without seeming obnoxious.
ItsAndrew wrote:I am watching his 10 year anniversary video and I always wondered if YouTubers were truly friends or if they were just "YouTube friends", but it seems like most people genuinely are his friend.

While watching the video and a question came in my head. Do any of you think Tyler ever had any interest (romantically) with the young adult guy YouTubers he has hung out with quite a bit throughout his life, such as Caspar Lee, Joe Sugg, Joey Graceffa, Connor Franta (before their friendship broke off), etc.? I know he's personal about his love life but he's spent enough time around these guys that maybe there was some attraction at some point?
he was pretty public about being attracted to Joe, I remember. xD

samp320
Stalker
Stalker

Post by samp320 »

Umm....

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

samp320 wrote:Umm....

his response (quote): "as i said in the video, i was joking about all on the board; outing people ain't cute, & i know nothing about cameron's life, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

larrie wrote:
samp320 wrote:Umm....

his response (quote): "as i said in the video, i was joking about all on the board; outing people ain't cute, & i know nothing about cameron's life, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
tyler just probably didn't expect people to recognize that was cameron but since people did he has to act like he wasn't trying to be shady
The Internet knows all your secrets

lovescamel
Talker
Talker

Post by lovescamel »

Wow, Tyler really doesn't want to do Youtube anymore huh? That dumb sponsored Skype vid, jeez.

wonkihyuk
Learner
Learner

Post by wonkihyuk »

Hi! First time posting here.

I've recently been watching a lot of videos of my past favorite youtubers for the nostalgia of it, and I can't believe it took me this long to figure out how...predatory (I don't know if that's the right word.) he is, or at least used to be. Every single guy he was around, gay or not, he'd make some joke about dating them or having sex with them. I was watching Jacksgap's video about surprising his girlfriend and Tyler commented something like "CAN I SAY THAT I WANT YOU TO DATE ME OOPS ALREADY DID BYE!!!" I don't know, those kinds of jokes can be really uncomfortable.
i've been walking with that cheese that's that queso [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj-VU9oK2Yo[/youtube]

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

wonkihyuk wrote:Hi! First time posting here.

I've recently been watching a lot of videos of my past favorite youtubers for the nostalgia of it, and I can't believe it took me this long to figure out how...predatory (I don't know if that's the right word.) he is, or at least used to be. Every single guy he was around, gay or not, he'd make some joke about dating them or having sex with them. I was watching Jacksgap's video about surprising his girlfriend and Tyler commented something like "CAN I SAY THAT I WANT YOU TO DATE ME OOPS ALREADY DID BYE!!!" I don't know, those kinds of jokes can be really uncomfortable.
Thank masculinity for that. If you are a straight male, women are objects of your desire. If you are a gay male, then men are. :roll:

Rune
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Rune »

I don't even know how I even liked Tyler a couple years back, he got old real fast and thankfully people picked up on how boring his Q&A vids and his 'original' videos were when his view's dropped massively. Nowadays he's only really good if he's collaborating with another youtubers, since he seems to be able to click/show good chemistry with them. I think that's how he's regained a lot of views back by the enormous amount of collabs with others.
Also please Tyler stop putting so much focus on politics, it's honestly boring and not entertaining in the slightest.

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

I'm pretty sure Tyler was not invented to the rewind this year. He said on Twitter that he wasn't in it cause he was "uncomfortable" with the stuff they asked him to do.... Not too sure I believe that.

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

Marie_10 wrote:I'm pretty sure Tyler was not invented to the rewind this year. He said on Twitter that he wasn't in it cause he was "uncomfortable" with the stuff they asked him to do.... Not too sure I believe that.
He's irrelevant that's why :rofl:

Oh how the mighty fall

Return to “Tyler Oakley”