Cartia Mallan

melbgurugoss
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cartia Mallan

Post by melbgurugoss »

Not sure if she already has a thread but this is another Aussie YouTuber, you might've heard of her through Shani Grimmond and/or Dani Mansutti. She's a stunning girl but I get the feeling that she's getting a bit too big for her boots in that she's extremely young but a bit entitled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Auswonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Cartia Mallan

Post by Auswonder »

She's very immature minded. You can see how much growing up she has to do from the way she speaks about things but she is young so. The whole 'hippy chic earth child' facade bothers me though considering she has all the frills and luxuries and lives in a nice apartment and uses animal tested makeup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

karamel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by karamel »

i follow her on snapchat and she is the poster child for the nasty stereotypes my friends have on australian girls. she is crass, weird and has a cringe worthy sense of humor. maybe its all aussie but all the ones i follow (with the exception of lauren curtis who has the personality of wet paint) have this weird sense of humor were they talk about dicks and like do weird poses and dress weird and just the sense of humor is so odd. i can't describe it but yeah.

also the way she types on instagram drives me crazy "i miss zeee ocean SEWWW bad" :roll:

Auswonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Auswonder »

karamel wrote:i follow her on snapchat and she is the poster child for the nasty stereotypes my friends have on australian girls. she is crass, weird and has a cringe worthy sense of humor. maybe its all aussie but all the ones i follow (with the exception of lauren curtis who has the personality of wet paint) have this weird sense of humor were they talk about dicks and like do weird poses and dress weird and just the sense of humor is so odd. i can't describe it but yeah.

also the way she types on instagram drives me crazy "i miss zeee ocean SEWWW bad" :roll:
Yeah nah not all Australian girls are like that lol I wouldn't even say most are. No one I know acts like that but I know what you mean

karamel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by karamel »

Auswonder wrote:
karamel wrote:i follow her on snapchat and she is the poster child for the nasty stereotypes my friends have on australian girls. she is crass, weird and has a cringe worthy sense of humor. maybe its all aussie but all the ones i follow (with the exception of lauren curtis who has the personality of wet paint) have this weird sense of humor were they talk about dicks and like do weird poses and dress weird and just the sense of humor is so odd. i can't describe it but yeah.

Yeah nah not all Australian girls are like that lol I wouldn't even say most are. No one I know acts like that but I know what you mean

ive noticed that shanni grimmond acts like this as well

melbgurugoss
Learner
Learner

Post by melbgurugoss »

Yeah her whole hippie persona is really getting on my nerves. She is obviously so spoilt and privileged and you can tell she thinks she's so much better than everyone else

hey-flower
Learner
Learner

Post by hey-flower »

Hi, new here :)

:( not all of us Aussies are like that, she's 'that' type that is obsessed with music festivals, and tries to be 'hippie', i've personally noticed it most of the popular girls who get alot of attention, and she's that type. Popular girls in australia either follow the kim kardashian 'high fashion' style or the complete oppsite which is hippie... i feel like either option is so try hard. I'm glad i have my own style.

Also she smokes...

melbgurugoss
Learner
Learner

Post by melbgurugoss »

Can't deal with that whiny, 5-year-old voice in her snapchats

Auswonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Auswonder »

She looks really ridiculous trying to sell that whole bohemian hippy bullshit while her mum drives an Audi and they house hunt in Sydney.

marablake
Learner
Learner

Post by marablake »

Auswonder wrote:She looks really ridiculous trying to sell that whole bohemian hippy bullshit while her mum drives an Audi and they house hunt in Sydney.

even better that that's her audi lol

melbgurugoss
Learner
Learner

Post by melbgurugoss »

marablake wrote:
Auswonder wrote:She looks really ridiculous trying to sell that whole bohemian hippy bullshit while her mum drives an Audi and they house hunt in Sydney.

even better that that's her audi lol
And also when she rocks up to formal in a $1750 Zimmerman dress... What happened to loving the simple things in life and nature is all that matters etc etc

melbgurugoss
Learner
Learner

Post by melbgurugoss »

While I find her personality pretty irritating, her makeup is usually pretty good.
In her latest video her makeup looks awful! She didn't blend the the bronzer on her forehead and there's a white line between her hairline and foundation. I found myself cringing at the end result!

FairyPrincess
Learner
Learner

Post by FairyPrincess »

So she announces she's vegan and two videos later she is telling people to enjoy the spring racing season? perhaps she just doesn't realise that horse racing (and even riding) isn't vegan but if she's done research like she said then she should know.

Auswonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Auswonder »

FairyPrincess wrote:So she announces she's vegan and two videos later she is telling people to enjoy the spring racing season? perhaps she just doesn't realise that horse racing (and even riding) isn't vegan but if she's done research like she said then she should know.
She's only doing it to be trendy and fit her faux hippy bullshit image

FairyPrincess
Learner
Learner

Post by FairyPrincess »

Auswonder wrote:
FairyPrincess wrote:So she announces she's vegan and two videos later she is telling people to enjoy the spring racing season? perhaps she just doesn't realise that horse racing (and even riding) isn't vegan but if she's done research like she said then she should know.
She's only doing it to be trendy and fit her faux hippy bullshit image

Ugh yeah probably. She'll just keep using Mac and other non-vegans products and ignore anyone who tells her she's using non-vegan products. Actually in her festival attire video she used a brown leather bag. she most likely owned that before she went vegan (likewise with her non-vegan beauty products) but she should at least acknowledge that a product shes using isn't vegan.

Jerseybitch
Informer
Informer

Post by Jerseybitch »

Half of her wardrobe is leather and suede. I doubt she will stop wearing or buying it unless she gets flack

Issy09
Informer
Informer

Post by Issy09 »

I like Cartia, she's very pretty and seems nice but I am getting so bored of this 'I am a spontaneous traveler' stuff when all she does is go between Brisbane and Sydney and crashes with friends. I also don't think she'll stick to veganism, she's just doing it to go with her hippy good vibes persona.

I wonder if she'll change when she goes to America next year to try acting or whatever it was.

FairyPrincess
Learner
Learner

Post by FairyPrincess »

I really dislike the spontaneous travel stuff too. That's probably just because I'm not really big on travelling all together. I do find it ironic that she went to Bali instead of Surfers Paradise for schoolies because Surfers Paradise is 'too touristy'. Meanwhile, Bali and it's culture is being actively destroyed by tourism.
Like you said, going between Sydney and Brisbane isn't exactly spontaneous. I actually thought that most of Cartia's older travelling trips (even if they were just to a rock pool a few hours drive away) were a lot more spontaneous than her recent ones.

comicgirl
Learner
Learner

Post by comicgirl »

so I enjoy cartias videos but am I the only one who found the snaps of her and her friends saying hi to strangers and laughing really annoying? Maybe it's just me but I find things like that really uncomfortable. I follow her on snapchat to see her, not her friends being 'random' hipsters.

sorry if this comes off rude but I've just started finding her kinda annoying lately?

Auswonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Auswonder »

She's boring as hell and immature

Return to “#-E”