honestly, i think she was and is very ugly. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meghanrosette/Meghan Rienks General Thread - Part 9

Post by IAmBea »

Martamm9030 wrote:honestly, i think she was and is very ugly. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
right now I'd agree she is unnatractive.
specially with the bad nose job,the fake tan, fryed hair and being too thin.

But until a few months ago she wasn't all that bad, she was actually pretty.
When the vlogmas video, from when she got her nose job, was posted, it actually made me kind of sad of different from now she looks
And in a terrible way.Back then she looked helthier....and even the days after the procedure) she probably was eating better since her parents were with her and they most likely were feeding her properly.(and could be difficult to skip meals,chew gum all the time and eat only a couple of veggies /frozen mangos)

a_lynn81
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by a_lynn81 »

The video and all the posts about "puberty hitting her like the polar express" piss me off. It wasn't puberty; she made drastic and possibly unhealthy decisions to look like how she does now. But because she keeps reinforcing the whole puberty thing her young viewers are going to think that's what it's like and it's not.

And the teatox is ridiculous. If anything she needs to gain weight, not try to lose it.

I tried to have faith in her but I think she's just promoting a really unhealthy/unrealistic image now.

lola02
Learner
Learner

Post by lola02 »

she tweeted about companies who are not ethical and bad and to not support them by buying their stuff yet she supports companies who test on animals shes so dumb

smorespup
Informer
Informer

Post by smorespup »

God dammit Meghan, before you go all social justice warrior at least check your own behavior before you go around being all self righteous. Do we need to remind her she was sponsored by the body shaming Abercrombie and Fitch not too long ago?? Also, literally all of her skin care products she had in her newest favorites video are tested on animals, which in my opinion is FAR more reprehensible than shopping at Urban Outfitters and its sister stores.

karamel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by karamel »

lola02 wrote:she tweeted about companies who are not ethical and bad and to not support them by buying their stuff yet she supports companies who test on animals shes so dumb
yet she did a campaign with a clothing company whos CEO said that they dont want fat ugly people wearing their clothes but she wants us to protest free people, UO etc she is a flip flopping faux social justice warrior who only steps on her soap box when it suits her and her agenda

IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmBea »

When she tries to act all humanitarian she shows how ignorant she really is.
She should just stay in her lane.

Can I say how cringe worthy her entire twitter is?
Basically comparing herself to other women, mentioning being single, talking about food, sad she isn't dating some celeb or some TV chatacter .

a_lynn81
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by a_lynn81 »

The worst part is that the exact post she made about UO/Free People has been going around twitter and tumblr for the longest time. Those shirts were available a while ago. It's one thing if you want to be all preachy and get on your soapbox on social media, but your literally just copying something that's been going around for months now to try and better your image. It's so annoying

coffeeaddict03
Talker
Talker

Post by coffeeaddict03 »

also, these days she can't go through an entire video without looking into the viewfinder for a majority of it. she used to have great eye contact with the camera and didn't stare at herself so much, which was nice because a lot of youtubers like zoella and bethany mota had THE most annoying habit of looking at themselves every 5 seconds. but now she's become too self-absorbed to film properly

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

Hi! This is my first real post, but I’ve been lurking for months (emerging from the shadows at last—feels good, haha!).

I had to make an account after seeing Meghan's UO tweets. So hypocritical, and what I like to call kindergarten activism. Tweeting like that is the absolute least you can do, and she obviously doesn’t really follow through (it’s like Ingrid’s lazy “feminism"—she uses it as a buzzword and nothing more). She buys sweatshop-made clothing and tons of stuff that is tested on animals. I personally haven’t shopped at UO or any of its family of stores in years because I hate that they steal from artists, appropriate from non-dominant cultures, and intentionally exploit real issues for attention and $$ (the “eat less” t-shirt, the “depression” t-shirt, the Kent State sweatshirt, etc.). I think it’s great if she wants to boycott them and it’s not a bad thing to tweet about it. BUT Meghan seems to want credit and leftist brownie points for bringing attention to something that has been going on for over a decade, likely even longer. She isn’t walking the walk, so she’s not really even halfway to deserving that credit, if that makes sense.

Semi-OT (related to UO bot not Meghan), but I actually know the family that owns UO and I thought this might be of interest to some of you. The accusations of the CEO’s homophobia and conservatism have been seriously overblown (not to say that I agree with him in any way—I’m a complete leftist, like Meghan’s parents supposedly raised her to be, hah). He and his family are average, mainstream republicans, socially moderate and fiscally conservative (not all that surprising given how rich they are). While he did back Rick Santorum for senate, from spending a little time with him I’m 99% sure that had more to do with his desire to secure a republican senator in PA, at the time a true battleground state, than with any real agreement with Santorum’s social conservatism. Still questionable, but not as bad as it’s been made to seem. There is definitely something to be said about the troubling irony of the company’s progressive image/Brooklyn-wannabe demographic and the leadership’s conservatism, though, and that’s more than enough for me not to want to give them any of my money. (Sorry, that ended up being a super long comment!)

karamel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by karamel »

i just watched her haul because i was bored and holy shit she spent SO much money. $300 on one pair of shoes and then two sam edleman shoes and then all of those paige jeans? like damn those jeans are fucking expensive and then she got a pair of rag and bones on top of that...good god

muffin
Learner
Learner

Post by muffin »

what happened between her and Marissa ??

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

^ No one knows and nothing happened necessarily they just haven't been communicating on social media or in each other's videos.

loosenyourtie
Learner
Learner

Post by loosenyourtie »

muffin wrote:what happened between her and Marissa ??
This is all speculation, but it seems that they haven't been together much since Vegas. If I had to take a guess, that's when they realized that they were too different and really didn't like each other. Someone obviously has a birthday in Vegas to party and drink some, and it seemed like Meghan was only there to talk about how much of a "grandma" she is and basically making fun of the whole party atmosphere. I know people think a lot of things about Marissa, but personally I would be kind of pissed if one of my close friends went on a birthday trip with me and acted like such a downer and made it all about her and the fact she doesn't drink.

Of course, you don't have to drink to have a good time! But Meghan always seems to make a huge deal out of it and mocks people who do. I just think they realized they weren't into the same things and realized they were just friends for convenience.

socks123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socks123 »

The whole "I blacked out and spent tons of money" thing is not cute Meghan!

peasandcarrots
Learner
Learner

Post by peasandcarrots »

muffin wrote: it seemed like Meghan was only there to talk about how much of a "grandma" she is and basically making fun of the whole party atmosphere. I know people think a lot of things about Marissa, but personally I would be kind of pissed if one of my close friends went on a birthday trip with me and acted like such a downer and made it all about her and the fact she doesn't drink.
i'm new here and don't know how to quote, sorry if i didn't do it right! marissa is THE WORST, but i'd be annoyed too if my friend went to my birthday party just to make fun of me? like just stay home. it's extra ridiculous since meghan had her birthday in vegas not too long ago.

coffeeaddict03
Talker
Talker

Post by coffeeaddict03 »

there's an instagram post of food where one of them tagged the other, so maybe it's mere speculation. but marissa had a live chat on her channel where she threw a bunch of shade at meghan, so they may have been going through a rough patch in their friendship.
i actually recently unfollowed meghan on snapchat because i couldn't stand her trying-to-be-ugly-but-cute selfies. homegirl is OBSESSED with herself.

epic_e
Talker
Talker

Post by epic_e »

Did anyone else notice Meghan's under-eye concealer in the beauty black-out haul?
It looked terrible!
I couldn't stand how she was all "i'm a prude" and then two minutes later "I'm a perverted twelve year old boy"

bangtaen
Informer
Informer

Post by bangtaen »

epic_e wrote:Did anyone else notice Meghan's under-eye concealer in the beauty black-out haul?
It looked terrible!
I couldn't stand how she was all "i'm a prude" and then two minutes later "I'm a perverted twelve year old boy"
I was thinking about that the entire time but didn't think anyone else would notice! Yes you concealed your dark circles but instead just created yellow ones, it makes no sense.

And I was rolling my eyes about that second part too...decide who you wanna be Meghan you can't keep contradicting yourself on everything

Carpy the Cat
Debater
Debater

Post by Carpy the Cat »

Hate to beat the proverbial dead horse about Meghan's presumed eating disorder but I recently met a young woman who is a big fan of Meghan's. This girl is a severe anorexic and she freely admits she is. She also claims to be allergic to gluten, dairy, and lots of other foods but that's okay MeghanRosette is too (this girl's words). During my conversation with this person, she talked about how she wanted to BE like Meghan. This is concerning to me on so many levels but it is indicative of the problem with Meghan's obvious issues and the influence she has over her impressionable viewers.

Disclaimer: for privacy and legal reasons, I can't state how I met this person but the above story is 100% factual.

Return to “Meghan Rienks”