FleurDeForce - General thread part 11

portobadisco11
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FleurDeForce - General thread part 11

Post by portobadisco11 »

It means nothing to you clearly ChloeVFA but a great deal to a large section of people :roll: :roll:

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Firstly, we don't know all of Fleurs' friends so ppl are assuming a lot. Secondly, just bc we've only seen her socialize with "white people" doesn't mean they're all from the same "wealthy upper class white people club".

The problem is that people are saying "wealthy white suburbia" & then contrasting against ghettos, implying that the ghetto is where the rest of the races live. Or something to that effect.

Lastly, it really bothers me when other posters parrot or repeat the same posts I've made & try to make it sound like their own original thought. I *just* mentioned Amelia not being caucasian above, like wtf :?

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong »

Oh please ! I trust Fleur to not be ignorant to the point of racism. If life were simpler and Utopian we'd not be having this discussion but alas... Hopeful the world gets better.

As for her vlogs, did anyone get annoyed she lost footage? Or did she end up uploading what she said she lost and I didn't see? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]

GentleAblaze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GentleAblaze »

This argument about Fleur not having black friends is ridiculous :|

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

GentleAblaze wrote:This argument about Fleur not having black friends is ridiculous :|
I disagree completely. This is a discussion board and this is a valid discussion as long as we are respectful to each other.

For a VERY long time I have wanted to bring up the "fact" that Fleur seems to have friends that only look like her. Of course we do NOT see every single friend she has off camera either.

I LOVE diversity. I love that I have friends for all races. I think assuming Fleur is racist is very harsh - I hope no one is doing this.

Reading the posts that constantly say they "trust" Fleur or the posts that show people "worshiping" her money or her "happy/perfect" is really strange to me.

We don't know Fleur's real life - we only seee highly edited geared towards selling sponsored products/goods/services. Not hating just keeping it real.

Fleur is a saleswoman! She seems like a very nice hard working ambitious driven person.

I am glad someone finally bought up the race question. So many people like Fleur but I wonder if they would be included in her exclusive specific circle of friends?

Just some thoughts and opinions.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

The race subject isn't even relevant, it's slightly OT, disrespectful to those of us who want to get over it & the original poster who complained hasn't even returned to "defend" themselves.

Ingrid is half Thai & lesbian. Diversity. There. Argument over.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

Wendy Wong - her vlog footage still appears to be lost. Im curious about why Fleur went to Las Vegas. Apart from a little fully paid for break for herself, i fail to see why she was there? I may have missed reason but she certainly hasn't mentioned anything except that someone who sounded like a holiday company/hotel chain asked her out or at least asked her management company to send someone? It seemed last minute to me, she was on her own, she's not a travel blogger/youtuber , seems like a strange choice to me?

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

ChanelMagic wrote: I am glad someone finally bought up the race question. So many people like Fleur but I wonder if they would be included in her exclusive specific circle of friends?
Oh for fucks sake! This is getting more and more pathetic.

And no, I don't think that "random people that like her" will be included in her circle of friends anytime soon. Regardless of their ethnicity, social status, wealth, skin color, height and what else have you. She's clearly an introvert and cautious about getting close to new people who she hasn't known long enough.

purplequeen

Post by purplequeen »

Rosie Ribbons wrote:Wendy Wong - her vlog footage still appears to be lost. Im curious about why Fleur went to Las Vegas. Apart from a little fully paid for break for herself, i fail to see why she was there? I may have missed reason but she certainly hasn't mentioned anything except that someone who sounded like a holiday company/hotel chain asked her out or at least asked her management company to send someone? It seemed last minute to me, she was on her own, she's not a travel blogger/youtuber , seems like a strange choice to me?
It was very clearly a promo for the hotel chain, hence the filming of that plush hotel apartment with all the bathrooms etc. I don't know if she also filmed more affordable suites/rooms because of course the footage is lost, and I don't know any of the other people that were invited out to promo it with her so can't gauge what income level they were representing, but I agree it did seem a strange choice to invite Fleur, as a large section of her audience would probably not be able to afford such lavish accommodation.

lilllyva
Stalker
Stalker

Post by lilllyva »

Does anyone happen to know the name of the song that is playing in the background while Fleur is showing the villa (you can hear it most clearly from around 8:30 to 9:04 in JuneDeForce 15)? I love it, but can't for the life of me figure out what it is called or who it is by :(
Thanks in advance and sorry for being off topic!

justaveragejane
Lurker
Lurker

Post by justaveragejane »

She was invited to Las Vegas by Beautiful Destinations. According to their website" Beautiful Destinations is the world's largest travel influencer on Instagram and one of the most respected sources of travel inspiration for people around the globe. We work with the world’s largest travel and lifestyle brands and the most powerful social media influencers, creating unique digital content and measurable audience growth."

She did mention that all the other participants but one were big time instagram influences.

Post by Guest »

OutOfLurkingDarkness wrote:
BBBBlogger wrote:As for the person insinuating that she's racist because she has no coloured friends...
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek I just cringed, please please please don't use the term "coloured", it's outdated and many people of colour find it very uncomfortable and derogatory. I know it was not your intention and I'm not trying to police your language but since your post was about this I think it's important to point it out.
Coming out of the bushes just to say this:

As a South Asian person, I see no logic in finding "coloured people" disgraceful, yet accepting "POC." I hate both terms. They're racist and I feel incredibly patronised whenever someone refers to me as a "person of colour."

Sorry for continuing the OT discussion. I know everyone wants to move away from the race talk. But, I can't stay silent when I see "POC" being promoted.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate people caring enough to try to use the proper terms and educate others. I just hate that phrase so much and am desperate for it to die already. It's becoming far too popular.

(Also, what is Amelia's ethnic background, please?)

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Person wrote: Coming out of the bushes just to say this:

As a South Asian person, I see no logic in finding "coloured people" disgraceful, yet accepting "POC." I hate both terms. They're racist and I feel incredibly patronised whenever someone refers to me as a "person of colour."

Sorry for continuing the OT discussion. I know everyone wants to move away from the race talk. But, I can't stay silent when I see "POC" being promoted.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate people caring enough to try to use the proper terms and educate others. I just hate that phrase so much and am desperate for it to die already. It's becoming far too popular.

(Also, what is Amelia's ethnic background, please?)
The poster who used that term (onigiri815) has since apologized for using it though. It's on one of the last 2 pages. But it's totally understandable as to why it's offensive, you're correct.

OT warning: I think with generations shifting, things that were accepted 10-20 years ago aren't ok anymore but people are still catching up. Like my parents would have said "coloured person" or "fag" (blech I don't even want to type it. Nvm GG edited automatically, that's cool!). I vaguely remember when Saturday Night Live had a skit called "It's Pat" and the joke was like "is it a manly woman or a womanly man?" which isn't funny these days. My ex bf is Caribbean & I'm white (w some Puerto Rican) and some people would say terrible things to us & just stare. Even moreso on the island he's from. People told us not to have children or get married, it was really awful. Anyway, my point is that things are shifting slowly & it's good when we can discuss it in a civil manner on GG :tu:

Fleur was in Vegas for "Insta Meetup" or something. I think it's the same group that sent Jen Im to Dubai? I don't get it. Who are the Instagram people? Who is paying for it? Who is meeting up? I think the Aria is included bc it's good exposure. They know these guests are vloggers & film everything.

Royalecotton
Talker
Talker

Post by Royalecotton »

HI Lurker turned poster!

Came out of the Lurkering woodwork to say this...

Why is that Fleur is the only white youtuber being taken to task for not having any Black/Asian/Brown friends?

Where are they (Black/Asian/Brown friends) for the Gleam team?

Any of them, please tell me. And give examples. Who among the gleamers has a black friend? And Asian friend?

I'm Canadian, I have a West Indian background. I am not remotely Caucasian but I have never been made to feel uncomfortable watching Fleur and not seeing another persona like me in her vlogs.

I'm truly curious as to why its only Fleur? And not Tanya, Zoe, Niomi. Or the boys for example? Also should I be racist for having no white friends?

Another point people lose touch with friends no matter what race they are. it doesn't mean that they're racist for only having a certain set of current friends. ( I use Ingrid as an example)

Either way this whole race talk has been bothering since it started and I've said my piece.

Eclectic
Learner
Learner

Post by Eclectic »

Also remember what seems offensive is dependent on where someone is from - like 'coloured' takes on a totally different meaning here in South Africa, where it just denotes someone of mixed race, or some black people may identify as coloured due to it being an entire (proud and wonderful) culture of its own.

The term (when used a specific locale, in a specific context) is totally not offensive, its like saying 'black' or 'white' so I was a little like what? when I saw here its considered outdated and derogatory :)

But just wanna say its so awesome that you guys are taking into account the effects of your words on others and learning from each other :tu: <3

(Sorry I'm a Linguistics major this stuff fascinates me from that point of view)

Back to Fleur, I kind of watch her vlogs now to mope over the fact that I don't have a Mike. :( He's too cute it's not fair.

whereicomefrom
Informer
Informer

Post by whereicomefrom »

I think what we're failing to take into account is surroundings. We all know Fleur was raised in a super posh environment, with like-minded and similar looking people, attended a super posh university and just has been stuck her whole life in some sort of bubble. I just don't think she's had the chance to interact with people who are racially (or culturally/economically/fill-in-the-blank) diverse from her. Given the chance, who knows what would happen? I strongly believe she's a sweet woman who is friendly and kind.
I can't say I haven't grown up in similar surroundings. Different country but yes, most of the people in my town are well off, Caucasian, educated parents and such. I wasn't exposed to a different side of living until my army service and even then- I was positioned in a unit where I was again with people like me. That's not to say I haven't interacted with people different races than me, different social-economical classes than me, heck - even religions! (and this is huge where I'm from). I've happy to say I've even made friends throughout the years. Are they the majority of my friends, the one you'd probably see if I vlogged me life? Probably not.

*I mean absolutely no disrespect with this post. If I've used a term or made an assumption that anyone has an issue with, please let me know. English is not my first language and also I'm from a very different place in the world. I once used... a word... while rapping with some Americans and they were all surprised and shocked I didn't censor myself out with it. Just... not an issue here. So apologies again!

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

Friends are not collector items. You don't need "one of each". I choose my friends based on common interests, not by skin tone. I'm sure Fleur is friends with her friends because she likes them. Not because they are white

ntl072904
Informer
Informer

Post by ntl072904 »

I kind of felt bad for Mike in today's vlog. It might have been just a joke but it looked like Fleur's constant traveling was starting to get to him.

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

Of course we have to talk about racism with fleur. As someone else said, what about the whole gleam crew? Tati? Bethany? What about Joey? What about Tyler? What about Troy or Conner? What about Grace, Mamrie, or Hannah? Also, what about Gigi?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

Is Mike traveling with her for any of the recent travel vlogs?

If not, I don't need to watch. She is more insufferable when she's on her own. Mike brings her down to earth a bit.

Return to “FleurDeForce”