Skylark

MayNavGirl
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Skylark

Post by MayNavGirl »

Does their brand still exist? Haven't heard them mention it in a while...

molly45
Learner
Learner

Post by molly45 »

MayNavGirl wrote:Does their brand still exist? Haven't heard them mention it in a while...
What ever happened to that perfume competition thing? You think they'd post a video talking about which fragrance won or something.

ariadne38
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ariadne38 »

There is another thread here that states the full size fragrance is not available now. Blush is contacting the purchasers with an offer to rectify this matter. As the creators of Skylark, Elle and Blair owe their customers an explanation--preferably via a video. As for me? I fell into the trap and ordered back in July. I am now glad that events are unfolding in this way. The ingredient list is of synthetic elements. I am now using only natural and organic fragrances which, I feel are better for me. I am counting my blessings.

We did not even get to see the "special" bottle.

ariadne38
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ariadne38 »

By the way, NONE of the three fragrances smelled good.

Peacelov3123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Peacelov3123 »

Wow! I just saw this in the comment section of Elle's video 1 week ago · Shared publicly

Blush.com just called me to tell me that I will not be getting a full size perfume bottle. I would have never paid that much money for the three rollerballs. I paid that much because Blair and Elle went on an on about how we would be getting a full size perfume in a pretty rose gold color. I can't believe Elle and Blair are letting this happen to all of their loyal viewers who watch their videos and support them by buying their perfume that they raved about. I normally don't buy perfume that I have never smelled before and most people don't. But we trusted Elle and Blair and got disappointed. Please fix this Elle and Blair.  poor minions

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

ariadne38 wrote:By the way, NONE of the three fragrances smelled good.
To be fair that is down to personal taste, different people like different scents, so there's gonna be people who do like them, or at least like one or two of the scents. It also depends on how they react with your own body chemistry. Ones that smell amazing in the bottle can smell terrible on someone if they don't react well with someones skin and visa versa.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

After the perfume fail it'll be interesting to see if they release anything else from skylark.

utube
Learner
Learner

Post by utube »

Ok so Elle and Blair are barely filming anymore. There have been no videos about their phone cases or a new book or anything Skylark related....what the hell are they doing? Skylark COULD have been successful if they had released a full line or bought out a new product each month.

I used to like Elle and Blair and with their videos,phone cases,books and make up line they looked like they were going to become successful (minions)but the problem is they didnt keep building the hype. I bet they have lost alot of subs which is also potential business. But then again they are seeming to spend spend spend and not actually work

devilishtenshi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by devilishtenshi »

Safe to say RIP Skykark at this point

Ihateeveryone
Learner
Learner

Post by Ihateeveryone »

Apparently Blush.com emailed or called everyone and told them that they "couldn't decide" on a fragrance so they weren't releasing the full size and offered them either another set or a refund. Ummm... Ok. :? I still think Elle or Blair should have done an explanation video about it. At least everyone got a refund.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

^^^ I think it was just a partial refund, it was posted in another thread that Blush.com offered another trio or $30 back, People paid $60 for the trio and full size.

I think there just weren't enough people voting/ buying the trio so they realised that there was no point releasing the full size, there wasn't enough demand. The whole point was that they would make the one with the most votes so that E&B wouldn't have to decide themselves. Even if they couldn't decide why not make all three scents but in smaller amounts e.g. 1500 of each instead of 4500 of one, and put one in the original bottle, one in a silver version of the bottle, and one in a yellow gold version of the bottle or something like that.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:^^^ I think it was just a partial refund, it was posted in another thread that Blush.com offered another trio or $30 back, People paid $60 for the trio and full size.

I think there just weren't enough people voting/ buying the trio so they realised that there was no point releasing the full size, there wasn't enough demand. The whole point was that they would make the one with the most votes so that E&B wouldn't have to decide themselves. Even if they couldn't decide why not make all three scents but in smaller amounts e.g. 1500 of each instead of 4500 of one, and put one in the original bottle, one in a silver version of the bottle, and one in a yellow gold version of the bottle or something like that.

OMG i would have been SO pissed if I only got a partial refund. But I guess if you were stupid enough to buy it in the first place then you got what you deserved lol.

Ihateeveryone
Learner
Learner

Post by Ihateeveryone »

prettylights92 wrote:
Silver Rose 39 wrote:^^^ I think it was just a partial refund, it was posted in another thread that Blush.com offered another trio or $30 back, People paid $60 for the trio and full size.

OMG i would have been SO pissed if I only got a partial refund. But I guess if you were stupid enough to buy it in the first place then you got what you deserved lol.
I agree. But at the same time, $30 for 3 rollerball perfumes isn't that bad. I think it's funny that they offered another set of rollerballs or the money :lol: Who in their right mind would get ANOTHER set of the failed perfumes?

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

I heard a lot of people complaining that their rollerballs came already more than half empty because the quality of the caps was really shitty..

Dibs
Informer
Informer

Post by Dibs »

Such a shame we never got to see the AMAZING bottle they were going on about spending SO much time designing :D

chloecclaire
Learner
Learner

Post by chloecclaire »

Yeah, it's too bad when your minions don't shell out enough money on your overpriced sample to be able to afford production of the actual item!

maybeimmortal
Learner
Learner

Post by maybeimmortal »

These girls career is officially dead.

twentysomethingirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by twentysomethingirl »

Both girls have not mentioned anything about the situation of the makeup line. They should at least have said that it did not work due to these reasons. Also, they could have mentioned if they will work with someone else and continue their line. Acting like it never happened is not a good idea and it makes you look very unprofessional.

Additionally, they had to make an explanation to people who bought the rollers and that the money was going to be refunded.

You just cannot act like a whole makeup line does not exist! This is their job and they should take it more serious.

lookanothergossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by lookanothergossiper »

is their makeup line finished? I remember their overpriced nail polishes. :rofl:

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

I was wondering the exact same thing. There was something mentioned about them bringing out another eye shadow palette, but that was a long time, maybe last year. I think it's safe to say that skylark has gone bye bye.

Return to “Elle & Blair”