Chip Skylark. That's all I have to say.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Skylark

Post by Angie V »

natalieann wrote:Chip Skylark. That's all I have to say.
imma ball til the day i fall

eurydice
Lurker
Lurker

Post by eurydice »

So it looks like they took the lip glosses and eye palette off of Blush.com/discontinued them. Does anybody know why?

Post by Guest »

They sell you Skylark and use Chanel. Something is wrong with this picture.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

boston61 wrote:They sell you Skylark and use Chanel. Something is wrong with this picture.
you speak the truth!

Eika
Learner
Learner

Post by Eika »

I can't believe they're selling a set of 3 fragrances that only contain 0.18 oz for $60!! You do get a full size at the end, but still :o
http://www.blush.com/product_Memoir+Fra ... _47383.htm

It's like they want their own business to fail because I don't know who would buy that for the price... and it doesn't seem to say wether it's EDT or EDP...

tallybear
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by tallybear »

I see what you're saying but I think the reason its that price is because of the full sized fragrence you get with it as well. I'm not defending the price by any means..^

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

Jesus fucking Christ even Britney Spears' fragrances are cheaper! Who do these girls think they are? What a FLOP.
They didn't even bother to name the fragrances... lmao what a joke

lmaololjk
Learner
Learner

Post by lmaololjk »

I actually saw a lot of comments that made sense to me. some people were saying that we shouldnt have to buy a sample set for $60 and have the possibility of not ending up with your favorite full size scent just because that's the most voted scent

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

My theory about Skylark was just what Blush did for them so they would promote the site.[/quote]

Never thought of that. Good point. Put their name on a few cheapo products and have tons of traffic.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

lmaololjk wrote:I actually saw a lot of comments that made sense to me. some people were saying that we shouldnt have to buy a sample set for $60 and have the possibility of not ending up with your favorite full size scent just because that's the most voted scent
They could have sold the sample set for $15 and include a $15 off coupon for the full size. I think this would have worked better. Because then you can choose whether or not to buy the full size, and if your scent doesn't win, you're only out $15. If it does win, you only have to pay $45.

hambo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hambo »

^ That is a great idea but who are we kidding here, even if that was an option Elle and Blair would much rather charge $60 off the bat because although its ripping people off it guarantees the sale of the final full sized perfume which means guaranteed huge profits for them.

Their business tactic always seems to be, to drain as much $ as they can from their subs (eg. only selling in sets, making people commit before they get anything etc) before the product flops.. they are clearly not in any of this for the long run but rather just want to make a quick buck while they still can.

hambo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hambo »

I know business is essentially about making money, but most businesses dont know their customers beforehand and vice versa while the people who buy Elle and Blair's stuff are their fans who look up to them and Im sure they know that. Its sad they dont seem to care about any one of them one bit and are always exploiting their loyalty and ripping them off.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

They should have just waited longer and made all three into full size. Idk the logistics of the business end of it but that seems like a more reasonable option to me. Like the sephora sample boxes that come with a bunch of perfume samples and a coupon for a full-size one. So they should have just charged the $50 or $60 for the three rollerballs and then included a coupon for one full-size bottle of your choice.

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

I'm sorry, perfumes that are sold JUST online don't make sense to me... Fools are the ones that fall into that.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Or better yet they could have tried to include paper samples somewhere. Like, if they had thought ahead they could have included them in the orders of the previous products they have sold. But they only do one product at a time and this time it seriously makes no sense.

Post by Guest »

In a couple of weeks thy will be saying they are all sold out. Their marketing team does this with everything. I'm sure the scents are direct rip offs of popular brands. The 14 year olds eat it up.

Giulietta87
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Giulietta87 »

Now the sample set is $29.99 ( http://www.blush.com/product_Memoir+Fra ... _47383.htm ), but it doesn't say that you get the full size for free

I still wouldn't buy it though...

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

Giulietta87 wrote:Now the sample set is $29.99 ( http://www.blush.com/product_Memoir+Fra ... _47383.htm ), but it doesn't say that you get the full size for free

I still wouldn't buy it though...
You would probably have to buy the full size aswell, but that's kind of better, because then if the full size is a scent you don't like then you're not stuck with it. $30 is still way too much though.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

so pretty much their brand sucks

Return to “Elle & Blair”