ICON aka FAWN 3.0

mimi
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FAWN- For All Women Network

Post by mimi »

i unsubbed because theodore left and the round table is gone, simply bella is gone.

NotSoVIP
Informer
Informer

Post by NotSoVIP »

So FAWN is another abandon project by Michelle again??

Rewa
Learner
Learner

Post by Rewa »

Looks like Fawn has been deserted. I guess the channel couldn't rack up the views and subscribers that Google was looking for.

Uhlizubeth
Informer
Informer

Post by Uhlizubeth »

I get a little disgusted with Michelle when I think of FAWN. It's supposed to be "empowering women" but it's just a bunch of materialistic shit being advertised. It's so insulting to me. She constantly puts down other women and women in general, she also centers everything around looking good for some guy rather than valuing things such as intelligence and strength, you know, other things women are capable of than "looking good" men. Fawn is NOT empowering for women.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Michelle's message is: follow your passion and talent, as long as it's proper pretty and prissy, like fashion or art, then definitely follow your dream... if you have opinions or care about politics or women's rights or science then please allow me to delete your comment unless you kiss my ass.

What happened to the dream of a girl president? She's dancing in the video next to 50 Cent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR4yQFZK9YM
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Still going, still boring, blah.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Also, why is there a back to school segment on FAWN featuring one of Michelle's back to school makeup videos? Why do twenty plus year old women have to deal with going back to school? It's like she's stuck in high school universe.

Jellyfish Princess
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jellyfish Princess »

So is this channel effectively dead? I've noticed the only uploads for it are those "Girl's Guide" videos in the past 2 months.

Post by Guest »

There was talk about a channel revamp last year although I'm not sure if it will still happen due to pathetic viewings

Re: ICON aka FAWN 3.0

Post by Guest »

ICON is the 3rd incarnation of the FAWN network:
Phan’s ICON Network is launching separate channels on a variety of “over-the-top” online-video platforms for both the United States and U.K. today. Phan is programming the network, which will feature original series from a range of experts and influencers in beauty, fashion, wellness and related topics. Additional channels targeting Western Europe and Asia are planned for later in the year.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

I have 0 faith In icon I don't understand how it's going to be different from fawn
Being taught by "experts" or "icons" isn't what people want it's not relatable
Her old fawn videos didn't have that homemade feel to it which is why it probably failed.

bellabeauti
Learner
Learner

Post by bellabeauti »

Kassie from cloudy apples is joining icon.. I really hope she doesn't get sucked in phans evil plans. She already mentioned Michelle as being well educated or something like that in her recent vlog. :( sigh. She's spreading like a highly resident virus

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

I don't understand how people can be so stupid with Michelle's misleading announcements.

People on YT are commenting on the introduction video like it's a brand new venture, but it's just FAWN, repackaged.

They're even reusing the same YT link. Their previous IG account (@fawninc) even says "we are not @iconnetwork". If you google FAWN Inc at all, info about ICON Network pops up.

It's so annoying how Michelle misleads her fans like this. In her Introduction, it would be much less confusing to make some kind of reference to FAWN, saying that the network is being rebranded. It happens all the time.

When MyGlam got rebranded as ipsy, they were upfront about it and people eventually were cool with it. I don't understand why they weren't more transparent about FAWN's rebranding into ICON.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

I suppose being transparent abput rebranding FAWN would have been an indirect way of saying that it had failed. And we all know Michin never fails, right? :FU:

Also, welcome back, Chiyou!

whatwut
Talker
Talker

So I think Icon might actually be different from FAWN

Post by whatwut »

I hate to say it, but I'm actually loving the IconUK channel...the US Icon, not so much

But it seems like Icon is a youtube network managing network? Along the same lines as Gleam. She posted this comment on the trailer

"ICON is a premium lifestyle network that will focus on developing quality meaningful content with some of the most talented digital creators out there. Please link me your channel and I can have my ICON team reach out. We will help with branding, developing show ideas whether it's online or TV. Yes, this applies to both Men + Women :) Luff you dreamers ∞ M"

Also when Kassie talks about Icon, she refers to it as a youtube network and how she's had bad experiences with other networks

Where as FAWN was more like a TV channel.

Post by Guest »

She's moving to Tokyo for 6 months to expand ICON
https://www.techinasia.com/michelle-pha ... expansion/

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

YUCK! wrote:She's moving to Tokyo for 6 months to expand ICON
I can already see her playing the otaku card to death. God help us all.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Trololol wrote:
YUCK! wrote:She's moving to Tokyo for 6 months to expand ICON
I can already see her playing the otaku card to death. God help us all.
Guise,I can totally watch anime without subtitles, my Japanese is on fleek.

BeautyCrazed
Debater
Debater

Post by BeautyCrazed »

It's been a while since I've been here, but I see that nothing has changed. Michelle is moving as strong as ever.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Most posts on their FB page gets like less than 15 likes unless it tagged Michelle Phan (that post has 74 likes.) Some posts have managed almost 300 likes, but the numbers overall are just abysmal.

Return to “Michelle Phan”