Alexcentomo

karamel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Alexcentomo

Post by karamel »

I tried to look for this girl on GG but I couldn't find a thread? Shes a girl who makes youtube videos from canada but shes also "instagram famous" :roll: for her braids, all she does is shove huge extensions in her hair and then do messy braids. shes always talking about how 'tumblr' she is :rofl:

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Alexcentomo

Post by ItsAndrew »

I just recently found this girl and think she is quite annoying, to be honest.

SerenaV
Debater
Debater

Post by SerenaV »

i dont know why she gets so many opportunities

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

I really enjoy her workout videos, cause you can tell she actually does work out

Learner
Learner

Post by 777 »

I was wondering why she didn't have a thread before because she is pretty popular on Instagram. I started watching her during vlogmas while I was bored at work. But I find her to be so immature for a 25 year old. She's not a great vlogger. She includes mundane, boring conversations/material so each video is 20-30 min. Her main channel videos are repetitive. And she's whines a lot in a cringeworthy voice.

I liked some over her older motivational videos but otherwise it seems like she thinks she's hot shit when she's not.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

SerenaV wrote:i dont know why she gets so many opportunities
Yay! There is a thread for her. Yes you are so right. How in the world does she get so many opportunities. When she is made up she is really pretty. But she is kinda lame at times: bad wardrobe, making stupid faces in the camera. She needs to learn how to edit down those 20 to 30 minute videos LOL! Her boyfriend Dan seems like a really good guy. She definitely is a whiner and a complainer. No makeup skills to say her life. But she is harmless and funny. Not afraid to show her body off that is for sure.

crimson1780
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by crimson1780 »

I'm honestly getting annoyed at Alex with all that 'beauty subscription box' bullsh*t. It's the same thing that Mariza has and you can totally tell that they don't put a smidge of work into it and just let a company resell some stuff from Aliexpress, which is especially bad in Alex' case because hers contains make-up and bath-bombs. She used to be so honest and upfront and now I get the feeling that she's lying to me in almost every single video. What I also started to dislike is her very 'creative' fashion sense. Dungarees and really baggy sweatpants (ugh, those grey ones from FP) don't look good on anyone!
I still watch her videos because sometimes there's some nice content but she used to be so much better...
Don't even get me started on her vlogs, if I hear 'FABIOOOO' and 'LOLAAAAH' one more time I might scream. :roll:

stargate_9
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by stargate_9 »

I can't stand all the repetitive content, and how 'hot-shit' she thinks she is. It really bothers me that she gets so many opportunities for just shoving extensions in, getting spray tans and photoshopping her body.

And her VLOGS, my gawd... 'omg guys look at this view', 'omg guys look at this food' 'yummy yummy yummy' 'I'm not trying to be trendy...' 'omg guys look at this bath' She goes to all these incredible places and still makes it so boring and just about her stupid poses in front of mirrors.

koreanskincarelover
Learner
Learner

Post by koreanskincarelover »

I honestly NEVER watch her videos. Her thumbnails are too clickbait-y...like why does she ALWAYS make the thumbnail a picstitch of "tumblr-y" photos of her FAKE hair????? I refuse to watch.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

i've only seen a handful of her vids but her videos keep getting recommended and her thumbnails drive me INSANE. I do get that "making it" on youtube's guru side often requires being typically beautiful but that's all she tries to be

getaclue
Talker
Talker

Post by getaclue »

Alex and her boyfriend having a shared vlog channel is so pointless and the views on their videos are almost embarrassingly low. I assume they created the channel so that he could get monetary gain from it but she should've just left the vlogs on her vlog channel. Hearing "check out mine and dan's vlog to see the rest of the footage" has made me stop watching.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

getaclue wrote:Alex and her boyfriend having a shared vlog channel is so pointless and the views on their videos are almost embarrassingly low. I assume they created the channel so that he could get monetary gain from it but she should've just left the vlogs on her vlog channel. Hearing "check out mine and dan's vlog to see the rest of the footage" has made me stop watching.
I absolutely agree. Dan was better when he was just a nice background boyfriend. I really think Alex was forced into this lame channel with Dan because she was so busy with youtube stuff, it was ruining her relationship. The duo channel is just for Dan's ego and for extra money.

Alex doe not seem to be very mature or creative. It is so obvious she is just doing what is popular on youtube and on Instagram. She is a walking cliché.

She has so many shots of the BACK of her freaking hair it is not just weird and it is rude. I get she is "known for her long blonde extentions (not hair people those are extensions and she uses filters too) but Alex should balance the shots of her face with the shots of the back of her head.

Wow is she bad at applying makeup and her skin is not in the best shape. She is one of those youtubers who look like a completely different separate human being in a full face of makeup. Alex is a pretty girl with a very nice figure but she is not very interesting after a while.

Her videos are wayyyyyyyyy too long. She talks about constantly having to edit. What in the world is she editing. Alex is very childish in her videos. She admits to filming her videos like home movies. As a result, she is not as careful as she should be: filming her front yard, filming her car, and she is definitely not afraid of the internet creepers looking are the closeups of her barely clothed body. I think this shows how naïve Alex is about what you should and should not put out on the internet. Hopefully she will be more careful.

I like some of her clothes but she makes it so obvious she is being sponsored. I like how honest she is about youtube and being sponsored but she can be really awkward cringeworthy when she is "reading word for word the bullet points" from the company/brand emails in her videos.

At first I thought Alex was funny and refreshing but very quickly, I could see the "sponsored videos" changing her and her channel. Dan is not engaging enough to be worth watching in vlogs. He does seem like a really nice man and Alex is very lucky to have him. I don't really watch her videos very much anymore. Glad she has a thread of GG.

icwhatudid
Learner
Learner

Post by icwhatudid »

There is absolutely nothing authentic about her honestly. I don't understand why YouTube keeps recommending her to me. She is so cringe worthy, so so self centered and doesn't even tries to mask her self absorbed ways. And her videos are full of obvious promos :) If being so tumblr or hot sh*t if you will, means being basic af, she definitely succeeds!

icwhatudid
Learner
Learner

Post by icwhatudid »

There is absolutely nothing authentic about her honestly. I don't understand why YouTube keeps recommending her to me. She is so cringe worthy, so so self centered and doesn't even tries to mask her self absorbed ways. And her videos are full of obvious promos :) If being so tumblr or hot sh*t if you will, means being basic af, she definitely succeeds!

stargate_9
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by stargate_9 »

Every thing about the Dan and Alex channel is driving me nuts!! I feel like its so obviously just another plug to get more money, and its not even as if their content is good... Even a place like Bali they couldn't manage to keep me watching.

ALSO, does anyone think its weird how Dan is just at her place all the time? I mean he seems harmless, but it really seems like he's got no other life/friends... I think the couple vlog was just to keep him involved in the youtube life because he was probably left with nothing when Alex was super busy modelling her fake hair and editing her body :tu:

getaclue
Talker
Talker

Post by getaclue »

stargate_9 wrote:Every thing about the Dan and Alex channel is driving me nuts!! I feel like its so obviously just another plug to get more money, and its not even as if their content is good... Even a place like Bali they couldn't manage to keep me watching.

ALSO, does anyone think its weird how Dan is just at her place all the time? I mean he seems harmless, but it really seems like he's got no other life/friends... I think the couple vlog was just to keep him involved in the youtube life because he was probably left with nothing when Alex was super busy modelling her fake hair and editing her body :tu:
I've been trying to give their vlogs a chance but I can't watch more than a few minutes because Dan seriously does not stop talking. Like in Bali I don't think that there was any footage where he was not speaking. I agree that the channel was just a way to keep Dan involved

OliveYouToo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by OliveYouToo »

These two are pathetic. They're no different from all the other lazy individuals who use YouTube to fund their superficial lifestyle. I respect that Dan is still working as a swim coach. I hope for his sake he doesn't quite to become a full time "Social Media Influencers". Alex has absolutely no style, she knows nothing about beauty, and she lacks originality. Everything this girl does is a carbon copy of Kylie Jenner. Alex also thinks the world revolves around her. I've never seen anyone more delusional about their abilities and looks. She also has some underlying issue with men. Maybe she was very insecure in her teen years but she gravitates towards men in such a weird way. Her relationship with her father makes me cringe because it's way to forced on her part. She is overly clingy with Tess's boyfriend, her sister's boyfriend, and even Dan's brother. I don't know if she wants to come across as the guy's girl type or she is just thirsty. I agree with everyone who said their vlog channel is a way for Dan to stay relevant in the lifestyle she is trying to achieve and also financially benefit. They post complete crap and try to pass it off as way to spread positivity. We are the same age and she shows some serious lack of maturity. I've noticed its a trend now on YouTube for young couples to post their mundane lives as something meaningful/art/creative. They will post every single day until someone takes notice and the endorsements/gifts start coming in. They also don't hide it that when they travel they ask for discounts in return for social media promotion.

I also found an interesting article about Brandy Melville that referenced Alex...
"Some of the older girls, like 24-year-old Alex Centomo, have used their work with Brandy as a career stepping stone. In March of 2013, she was working at the brand's store in Montreal while studying at Concordia University when she started helping out with social media with her friend Catherine Belle. Their photos on the Brandy Melville Canada Instagram piqued the interest of the U.S. team. 'They really loved the long hair look,' she says. 'They thought that was really cool and beachy and different. They started sending us stuff and reposting our pictures a lot. They were like, 'Oh, if you could take a bunch of pictures in this clothing, we would love to promote you more.' It turned into something way bigger than I could have imagined.' That something bigger is a burgeoning YouTube career. Her full-time job has become building her own channel, which currently boasts almost 80,000 subscribers, while also interacting with her 195,000 Instagram followers. 'Brandy definitely got me started,' she says."

OliveYouToo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by OliveYouToo »

These two are pathetic. They're no different from all the other lazy individuals who use YouTube to fund their superficial lifestyle. I respect that Dan is still working as a swim coach. I hope for his sake he doesn't quite to become a full time "Social Media Influencers". Alex has absolutely no style, she knows nothing about beauty, and she lacks originality. Everything this girl does is a carbon copy of Kylie Jenner. Alex also thinks the world revolves around her. I've never seen anyone more delusional about their abilities and looks. She also has some underlying issue with men. Maybe she was very insecure in her teen years but she gravitates towards men in such a weird way. Her relationship with her father makes me cringe because it's way to forced on her part. She is overly clingy with Tess's boyfriend, her sister's boyfriend, and even Dan's brother. I don't know if she wants to come across as the guy's girl type or she is just thirsty. I agree with everyone who said their vlog channel is a way for Dan to stay relevant in the lifestyle she is trying to achieve and also financially benefit. They post complete crap and try to pass it off as way to spread positivity. We are the same age and she shows some serious lack of maturity. I've noticed its a trend now on YouTube for young couples to post their mundane lives as something meaningful/art/creative. They will post every single day until someone takes notice and the endorsements/gifts start coming in. They also don't hide it that when they travel they ask for discounts in return for social media promotion.

I also found an interesting article about Brandy Melville that referenced Alex...
"Some of the older girls, like 24-year-old Alex Centomo, have used their work with Brandy as a career stepping stone. In March of 2013, she was working at the brand's store in Montreal while studying at Concordia University when she started helping out with social media with her friend Catherine Belle. Their photos on the Brandy Melville Canada Instagram piqued the interest of the U.S. team. 'They really loved the long hair look,' she says. 'They thought that was really cool and beachy and different. They started sending us stuff and reposting our pictures a lot. They were like, 'Oh, if you could take a bunch of pictures in this clothing, we would love to promote you more.' It turned into something way bigger than I could have imagined.' That something bigger is a burgeoning YouTube career. Her full-time job has become building her own channel, which currently boasts almost 80,000 subscribers, while also interacting with her 195,000 Instagram followers. 'Brandy definitely got me started,' she says."

stargate_9
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by stargate_9 »

Thoughts on Dan quitting his job and doing youtube full time......? I can't see it being successful

jbh4427
Stalker
Stalker

Post by jbh4427 »

I can't believe Dan is quitting his job. Their shared channel only has 22k subs? I'm sorry but they should probably be focused on getting an education. Good luck after all of this fizzles out - because it will

Return to “#-E”