Sarah Rae Vargas

fizzwizz12

Re: Sarah Rae Vargas

Post by fizzwizz12 »

she'd have an easier time doing that stupid medifast optavia diet that everyone is peddling. hell, she'll end up becoming a fucking nutrition coach... which annoys the shit out of me because YOU HAVE NO EDUCATION!!!!
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Black-Coffee
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Black-Coffee »

She needs professional help, she has no idea what she's doing!!! No judgement here, most people don't know a thing about nutrition, but she's hurting herself and her kids right now.
Her normal diet is crazy full of simple sugars, just by cutting carbs without going full keto she would have lost more than 8lbs. She's fooling herself because she doesn't know what she's eating!
Restaurant sauces and dressings have some form of sugar, food has more salt (which makes you drink more), portions are usually too big...

Sarah, it's ok to not know and to ask for help.

The kids keep gaining weight, this is very sad...

WHY THE FUCK are they wearing Christmas pjs in April? And why is she hiding the bf's face, he's been in her videos! Or... is it a new man?

ImNotAchaiLatte
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by ImNotAchaiLatte »

I'm very confused...I did the 30 day Paleo challenge once (it's very similar to Keto in terms of carbs) and veggies were not a problem. Certain veggies were a no-no but mostly a plate of veggies wasn't a big deal o_O And her calorie count made me sick a little....1200kcal...that's about half of what she needs to function with her weight...
IMHO she needs to employ a professional nutritionist...just like Black-Coffee said... :/

Gossipgg123
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipgg123 »

PSherman42WallabyWay wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:32 pm
The Keto video was a travesty. Coming from someone who's been on keto for 8 months and has lost 75lbs.... She first shouldn't have been restricting her calories. Eat until your full. She wasn't eating enough and by the sounds of it, she eats food by the plate full, so of course your stomach isn't going to feel satiated with so little food initially as your stomach in a sense resets. Eating fats fills you up and eventually you don't eat anywhere near you use to. I know I have had no binges or nor am I crazy hungry anymore.

Secondly, she ate out and they seemed to be restaurants that don't post nutrition(smaller chain or high end) so how does she know how many carbs she ate, let alone calories. I guarantee if she wasn't on keto she would have exceeded calories on those meals for the day.

At the end of the day, I support whatever works for you to be on a healthy diet that gets you the results you want. However she couldn't even go 30 days and be consistent... 30 days out of the 30+ years on this earth, but then again "calories restriction" isn't working for her. (Yes please do that in air quotes)
Her video actually upset me. I think Keto is amazing, but Sarah sort of made a mockery of it. I've been on keto for almost a year (off and on), and have lost 50lbs. One of the things I love about keto is that I don't count calories with it. When it's followed properly, you don't feel hungry. If anything I sometimes wonder on certain days how I don't feel hungry at all. You feel satiated with the food you're eating. She kept going on about how she loves vegetables. That's fine, but you need some protein and fat with that. Keto is a game changer for me anyway, I can no longer go back to another way of eating - I don't even think I'd know how to eat any other way now. She also tried to say keto groceries are expensive! that's because she chose to spend $400 at whole foods/Costco. I spend 100-130 every Friday for me and my hubby. Our groceries are always the same - lots of frozen vegetables and some fresh, and meat/poultry. Snacks are sugar free jello, nuts, and protein bars. SIMPLE! Sarah didn't need to go buy all that shit in my opinion. Some people can hack keto and some can't...she can't. end of story.

Post by Guest »

I started Keto about a month ago and I really am feeling good with it so I was excited to see Sarah (someone I used to watch religiously) tackle it. Ummmm....not so much anymore! I had to turn the video off because I was disgusted at her spending 400 dollars at whole food for ONE WEEK of food! I can’t believe she really thought that was necessary, I realized that I am not willing to spend that amount weekly on food and clicked off. I feel Sarah has become so out of touch with the viewers that helped her get to where she is and it is very sad to see!

OXMissA
Talker
Talker

Post by OXMissA »

So here's the thing about her Keto video & her obsession with counting calories:

This really could have been a very informative, well-made video, but it wasn't. Like a lot of her other videos, it just felt like she did not care & it seemed like such an inconvenience for her to do. I am not a Keto person, & honestly never will be. But I am intrigued how much or how little it works for different people. She should have put more into this (why was the intro her sitting in her car right before she goes into the grocery store?) It seemed like it was a very last-minute video idea, & I get so annoyed with that from YouTubers. It's like me doing a half-ass job at my work & acting upset when my boss calls me out on it. The difference is I would never put out half-ass quality work, & my boss knows that. Her "daily" updates were seconds long with little to no new information other than her complaining & being skeptical the entire time. If you're truly giving this diet a fair shot & want us to value your opinions & experience with it, share more - What did you eat? How did you make it? As much as she claims to document her calories, I wanted to see her document the carbs & fats. Again as someone who has never done Keto, I know I don't know what you need to aim for in either of those nutrients, so I was like, "is that right? What does that mean?" I just feel like she put up a half-ass video that wasn't very fair or informative, & that can be kind of dangerous. She's not the only YouTuber who has done this though.

Lastly, the fucking calorie counting. She's not happy, you can tell she's not happy. I don't think it's sustainable for her, & I'm annoyed that she wants us to believe that is. I get it though, the frustration with having hypothyroidism & trying to lose weight; it's incredibly hard & discouraging sometimes. But I go on with the mindset that I'm doing the right things, my body just doesn't show it, & that's okay. I still do the right things for me & for my body to exist; not to be a certain size - does that make sense? She just wants to be smaller. That's it. & I truly believe she'll TRY whatever it takes to do so.

green_eyez19
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by green_eyez19 »

Sarah is what like 280 pounds? So to sustain her weight she probably needs 2500 calories. By only eating 1200 she is setting herself up for failure. I mean how much did she have to eat to gain 40 pounds back within 2 or 3 months. That almost sounds like binge eating disorder.
Doing Keto short term is fine to me. But I don't think it's sustainable. I felt grossed out by the amounts of fat after a couple of weeks. I eat lower carb most of the time. I don't eat bread or pasta or rice but I do eat potatoes and sweets when I feel like it. I don't feel like depriving yourself is the way to go. At the end of the day it's calories in vs. calories out and if you ate 1700 calories in candy bars you would lose the same amount of weight as compared to 1700 calories of lean protein and veggies. There is no question that option 2 is the way to go but the principle stays the same. If keto was the way to go there weren't this many fat people and I highly doubt that people are gonna keep off the weight in the long run

Allaboutthetea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Allaboutthetea »

She went into it with a very pessimistic attitude that it wasn’t going to work. She said over and over she likes to eat a bulk of food. She has disordered eating for sure. It’s more about the amount she can consume rather than the macros for her. She wants to eat the absolute most no matter what it is rather than eating small portions of the same macros. It’s a mindset.

I have hashimotos hypothyroidism so I get it, but I’ve also lost 70+ lbs with keto and it’s a lifestyle for me and I love it.

Black-Coffee
Informer
Informer

Post by Black-Coffee »

I just watched the keto video and her relationship with food is so sad! She can eat vegetables with keto, I don't know why she was depriving herself so much...She didn't finish her veggie serving in a restaurant and when she went to the uncle's birthday she kept looking at sweets and saying "I can't have any of that" "nothing like that is allowed" - this is such a red flag! She's so emotionally connected to food that I honestly pitty her.

I also think it's sad the way she believes she can lose weight super easily with calorie restriction... If it was that easy she would have done it by now! She's only fooling herself, though.. I don't believe she's eating only 1400kcal/day everyday for several months in a row. She has to binge regularly in order to be able to keep her weight! She probably ignores those days and doesn't write them down.

Someone before mentioned that 1200kcal of sweets or veggies will affect your weight the same way. While this is not true (your body will accumulate more or less fat depending on how you're feeding it), calories DO matter, and the discrepancy would not be like between a VS model and Sarah.

She hates her body so much, though...

green_eyez19
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by green_eyez19 »

Black-Coffee wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:04 pm
I just watched the keto video and her relationship with food is so sad! She can eat vegetables with keto, I don't know why she was depriving herself so much...She didn't finish her veggie serving in a restaurant and when she went to the uncle's birthday she kept looking at sweets and saying "I can't have any of that" "nothing like that is allowed" - this is such a red flag! She's so emotionally connected to food that I honestly pitty her.

I also think it's sad the way she believes she can lose weight super easily with calorie restriction... If it was that easy she would have done it by now! She's only fooling herself, though.. I don't believe she's eating only 1400kcal/day everyday for several months in a row. She has to binge regularly in order to be able to keep her weight! She probably ignores those days and doesn't write them down.

Someone before mentioned that 1200kcal of sweets or veggies will affect your weight the same way. While this is not true (your body will accumulate more or less fat depending on how you're feeding it), calories DO matter, and the discrepancy would not be like between a VS model and Sarah.

It is very much true that 1200 calories of sweets will affect weight loss in the very same way as 1200 calories of lean protein and veggies. Fat loss is a different story all together. Different people react to different diets differently. For some high carb low fat is the way to go while others thrive on low carb high fat. It all depends. But the bottom line always will be 1 calorie is the same in any group of macronutrients. What works best for you is a phase of trial and error.

I would hate my body too if I was her. It looks nasty to me.

PSherman42WallabyWay
Informer
Informer

Post by PSherman42WallabyWay »

green_eyez19 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:34 pm
Black-Coffee wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:04 pm

It is very much true that 1200 calories of sweets will affect weight loss in the very same way as 1200 calories of lean protein and veggies. Fat loss is a different story all together. Different people react to different diets differently. For some high carb low fat is the way to go while others thrive on low carb high fat. It all depends. But the bottom line always will be 1 calorie is the same in any group of macronutrients. What works best for you is a phase of trial and error.

I would hate my body too if I was her. It looks nasty to me.

So I don't think it's as much as her body is nasty as much as it's because she can't dress her body appropriately with her horrendous idea of what she thinks looks good. No VBO!

lillemy01
Informer
Informer

Post by lillemy01 »

Oh my I am soooo fed up with you tubers trying the keto diet doing it all wrong and then complain about it!!

curlyredhairedgirl
Debater
Debater

Post by curlyredhairedgirl »

Restriction never works, NEVER. Ask me how I know. It's setting yourself up for failure. Every single time. She wants quick results now and unfortunately with hypothyroidism, that's not going to happen. I get it because I've lived it/live it. It's not impossible but it feels like you have to work three times as hard as most other people. Her body isn't the problem for me, as it's similar to mine. It's how she dresses it. I don't care if you wear bodycons or short shorts, at least make sure it's the right size.

OXMissA
Talker
Talker

Post by OXMissA »

curlyredhairedgirl wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:31 pm
Restriction never works, NEVER. Ask me how I know. It's setting yourself up for failure. Every single time. She wants quick results now and unfortunately with hypothyroidism, that's not going to happen. I get it because I've lived it/live it. It's not impossible but it feels like you have to work three times as hard as most other people. Her body isn't the problem for me, as it's similar to mine. It's how she dresses it. I don't care if you wear bodycons or short shorts, at least make sure it's the right size.
YES! to everything you said. I too have hypothyroidism & it's very much a challenge beyond just food & exercise. I am larger than Sarah in several ways, but girlllll I've been there. This obsession of counting & restriction is not sustainable.

It's so obvious she just wants to wear a smaller size - that's it. Because what person wants to wear something so tight & unflattering all of the time? A perfect example is what she ACTUALLY chooses to wear in her everyday life. Her actual outfits NEVER look like any of the stuff she tries on & claims to love, fitting the way she claims to like. No, it's all for appearances - photos to post, videos to make, & sizes to lie about. There are YouTubers & Instababes who are fat, much fatter than her, & rock those looks on a consistent basis! Gabifresh is fucking amazing, Jessica Torres can pull off some interesting styles. & Anna O'Brien just doesn't give a shit & goes all out with some cute & then some wacky stuff. Sarah is not one of them, & it's because she is not comfortable with herself, & you can tell.

LivinForTheDrama
Talker
Talker

Post by LivinForTheDrama »

OXMissA wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:48 am
YES! to everything you said. I too have hypothyroidism & it's very much a challenge beyond just food & exercise. I am larger than Sarah in several ways, but girlllll I've been there. This obsession of counting & restriction is not sustainable.

It's so obvious she just wants to wear a smaller size - that's it. Because what person wants to wear something so tight & unflattering all of the time? A perfect example is what she ACTUALLY chooses to wear in her everyday life. Her actual outfits NEVER look like any of the stuff she tries on & claims to love, fitting the way she claims to like. No, it's all for appearances - photos to post, videos to make, & sizes to lie about. There are YouTubers & Instababes who are fat, much fatter than her, & rock those looks on a consistent basis! Gabifresh is fucking amazing, Jessica Torres can pull off some interesting styles. & Anna O'Brien just doesn't give a shit & goes all out with some cute & then some wacky stuff. Sarah is not one of them, & it's because she is not comfortable with herself, & you can tell.
That last sentence, you're absolutely right, she's not comfortable(or happy) with herself. And I totally know how shitty that feels.

Hate to bring up baby dinosaur, but in all the years I've watched her I've never seen her so unhappy before. The common denominator is Lewis. That "cousin" comment just solidified my suspicions that he actually doesn't like or love her in a romantic way. I truly think she'd be a much happier person if she wasn't supporting this lazy asf user. She complains constantly about the littlest things and I think it's because she wants to complain about him but is scared to, afraid he'll leave her. So her frustration comes out in other ways, making her seem like a really entitled unhappy b.

In her latest vlog she had to do the majority of the work, as usual, dropping kids at the bus stop amd picking them up from school, picking up the rental car, cleaning it out, running to the store for last minute things, etc. Half those things my husband would've done for me, to make my life easier. What did he do while she was running around like crazy? How does he contribute to the household? Are most men as lazy as him? I've been with my husband for 10 years, so I'm wondering if I just lucked out with a real man or what? Sarah doesn't NEED this loser.

One last thing, I think HE doesn't want to be in the videos but she blames herself/uses herself as an excuse, because she knows it's weird that he doesn't want to be included considering they live together.. But I bet it's the only thing he has control over in the relationship, not to mention he's not that into her and knows people will see through his bs.
- Nosy little busybody -

arthirius
Learner
Learner

Post by arthirius »

that keto video...I too have been on it since January and have slowly gone down 15lbs so far. It is a long and slow process which she needs to get into her head. And it's not even really a diet, it's more of a way of eating differently. Hell, I started of trying to count calories too on myfitnesspal, then I stopped doing it and am still going down. Also, no its not expensive! Stop buying processed "low carb" items and stick to simple veggies like broccoli, green beans, etc, and eat some chicken, fish, and meat, that's it. Get some strawberries and whipping cream too. I swear, her attitude is the worst.

green_eyez19
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by green_eyez19 »

LivinForTheDrama wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:32 pm
OXMissA wrote:

That last sentence, you're absolutely right, she's not comfortable(or happy) with herself. And I totally know how shitty that feels.

Hate to bring up baby dinosaur, but in all the years I've watched her I've never seen her so unhappy before. The common denominator is Lewis. That "cousin" comment just solidified my suspicions that he actually doesn't like or love her in a romantic way. I truly think she'd be a much happier person if she wasn't supporting this lazy asf user. She complains constantly about the littlest things and I think it's because she wants to complain about him but is scared to, afraid he'll leave her. So her frustration comes out in other ways, making her seem like a really entitled unhappy b.

In her latest vlog she had to do the majority of the work, as usual, dropping kids at the bus stop amd picking them up from school, picking up the rental car, cleaning it out, running to the store for last minute things, etc. Half those things my husband would've done for me, to make my life easier. What did he do while she was running around like crazy? How does he contribute to the household? Are most men as lazy as him? I've been with my husband for 10 years, so I'm wondering if I just lucked out with a real man or what? Sarah doesn't NEED this loser.

One last thing, I think HE doesn't want to be in the videos but she blames herself/uses herself as an excuse, because she knows it's weird that he doesn't want to be included considering they live together.. But I bet it's the only thing he has control over in the relationship, not to mention he's not that into her and knows people will see through his bs.
I'm pretty sure the turtle is a big factor in her unhappiness. I doubt she's envisioned her life with him like this. She thought that by now she's gonna be married and pregnant. She knows he's a user but the brushes it off because she's been bragging in such a nasty way that she wants to save face by sticking through. That man is not interested in her in the slightest. She's a means to an end for him. I have a hard time feeling sorry for her because she's brought it on herself. I will never forget the premarital sex will put you into the eternal ragging fires of hell comment. Her smugness for what. Having to take care of a man that doesn't even show the slightest bit of respect for you, let alone love.
I would never want to endure that.
I guess you and me both lucked out because I'm being taken care of in any way a woman can imagine. I had my share of losers but that makes me appreciate my love even more. So there is hope for Sarah but she wants him so go ahead with your bad self girl.

TrixyTang
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TrixyTang »

A couple of things about Ms. Sarah Rae:
1. In her video about sponsorships she straight out said that she created her blog and youtube channel to make a business out of it, so I don't understand why some of you are so surprised that shes a walking billboard. With that being said her fabletics videos have got to go, the cloths don't fir her. Idk if fabletics has plus size options and shes not getting the correct size or if shes getting their biggest size and it doesn't fit her. Either way, its not it.
2. I think its funny that you guys call her bf turtle/baby dino lol i didn't read back enough to see why. Idk when you all saw it but i started to see his disinterest in her since the Panama vlog. She looked like a lost puppy dog following him around and him not giving her the time of day. Since that video it just doesn't look like his all there with her (mind you i don't follow her socials so idk if he acts any differently with her on there). Its sad that there are so many women on youtube allowing men to freeload off of them.
3. I believe she only did the keto videos because it is a youtube trend ( the way veganism was a few years back). That, or she thought it was a quick way to lose the weight shes recently gained. Either way you are all right in saying she did it ALL wrong starting with her attitude about it and ending with her ridiculous $400 grocery haul.
4. Lastly that fucken side pony she does makes her look stupid.

SourHoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourHoney »

Long time lurker. Used to enjoy her content.

Her keto video was so boring. I am sure she didn't show any meal to avoid criticism. So viewers just had just to trust her saying she did it to the T.
Every update was her complaining about the same stuff but assuring she did it right because she spent sooo much and watched a ton of videos.

Also what is up with her obsessive calorie counting? 1200 for a woman HER size? She says she takes thyroid meds anyways so what's the point on keeping them so low? Oh but she went wilddd on the weekends with 1400 guys!

If she was set to make the video she could've showed it all and stopped worrying so much about the calories for 1 week ..just like she did the whole winter when she gained it all back.
It's her job and it's only 7 days, not like she has that much fitness progress to lose anyways.

OXMissA
Talker
Talker

Post by OXMissA »

LivinForTheDrama wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:32 pm
OXMissA wrote:

Ya know, when we started seeing less of him & she covered up his face in the elf pajama photo, I thought maybe he asked her to not include him as much because, "ya know, for professional reasons." It just seems a bit sketch, ya know? Didn't they meet once & were suddenly dating 1,000 miles away for almost a year? Like rarely seeing each other?

Additionally, it all started when he contacted her via LinkedIn - that's weird, dude. The only people contacting me on LinkedIn are for professional job offers, not "hey, you seem cool & successful let's meet up!" Your profile consists of your resume & professional skills, how the fuck you make a connection over that other than - "she probably makes bank."

It's weird.

Return to “Sarah Rae Vargas”