Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by ninjaduen »

hobbitsies wrote:
ninjaduen wrote:Hi - long time lurker here! :newby:
I just watched the Charlotte Tilbury haul and it left me wondering if Lily actually got sent those items? It seemed really odd that she bought a lipstick that she didn't really like and an eyeshadow that she hadn't even swatched... I'm not convinced. Why try to pass a PR-sample off as something you bought yourself? :?
Welcome!

It did seem sort of fishy (although as I loved the colour Stoned Rose on her, made me want to buy it) but if it was PR I find it weird she didn't get sent all of it? Amelia gets all of it I am pretty sure. and if she did get all of it why would she show a colour she wasn't sure on and not her fave one.

Thanks! :tu: I seriously doubt she buys any Charlotte Tilbury herself, she goes to all of the launch events. And if Amelia got all of it, so did Lily. Just.. Weird. :? Probably Lily being a lazy blogger once again.

northern native
Informer
Informer

Post by northern native »

I like Charlotte Tilbury products, but seriously, these girls (and Wayne Goss) kiss the ground that she walks on. She's not even that amazing of a makeup artist in my opinion, she just has super blurred lights. The only one who doesn't is Fleur and that's why she never gets invited to those launch events. Lily totally got sent that stuff and probably the H&M stuff as well, every youtuber is talking about it from Tati right back. I didn't even know H&M had makeup, but I never shop there so maybe they're super well known and I've been living under a rock?

Post by Guest »

Loads of youtubers have been featuring Charlotte Tilbury products over the last few weeks, and I'd bet money that they all got them from Selfridges (in fact I think Lily admitted she did in one of her vlogs). The only person who openly disclosed this was Sunbeamsjess who did a video a while ago where she said Selfridges sent her a voucher. I'm almost certain that they were all given a voucher and told to get some CT bits. I love CT makeup for a luxury treat but it is so cheapened by these girls getting sent it all for free and giving half arsed reviews.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

northern native wrote:I like Charlotte Tilbury products, but seriously, these girls (and Wayne Goss) kiss the ground that she walks on. She's not even that amazing of a makeup artist in my opinion, she just has super blurred lights. The only one who doesn't is Fleur and that's why she never gets invited to those launch events. Lily totally got sent that stuff and probably the H&M stuff as well, every youtuber is talking about it from Tati right back. I didn't even know H&M had makeup, but I never shop there so maybe they're super well known and I've been living under a rock?
They've had make-up for at least over a year, it's in my local H&M but tbh I've never even thought to touch it! I wouldn't say it's that well known there, it's just there

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

^ I think H&M launched a new beauty line, that's why it's been everywhere

smitten258
Debater
Debater

Post by smitten258 »

I don't know, if that stuff was sent to her, why would she make up a story about her and Rich at Selfridges and her buying those lipsticks when Rich was away for 2 minutes? that would kind of be quite an audacious lie, imo ..
still wondering why she got that colour when it's so obvious she didn't really like it herself ..

noragrets
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by noragrets »

could it possibly be part of the pr? i've seen gurus in the past try to pass off freebies as things they've purchased and i wonder if they're told to do so. it just seems odd if it isn't. i checked the downbar though and it said that it wasn't a sponsored video so idk

northern native
Informer
Informer

I know the rules are different in the UK, but I do remember hearing that US beauty girls would get gift cards for Sephora all the time and pass it off as they really paid for all that stuff. Like I cannot imagine someone like Tati spends like $400 in Sephora a week. It may be the same for Lily, but Amelia definitely gets sent everything. She did't even know the difference in bullets between the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. and matte revolution lipsticks and that's pretty noticeable if you are a beauty girl at a beauty counter where you supposedly are regularly. Charlotte Tilbury is only that popular because she's so advertised, none of these truly high end brands shuck their products like she does. You never see Cle de Pau giving out handouts, but that's because they have a brand while Charlotte is extremely new and is a complete name dropper. I completely understand wanting to sound good to sell products, but if I hear she used this product on Kate Moss I'm gonna need to strangle a pillow or something.

ninjaduen
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ninjaduen »

northern native wrote: She did't even know the difference in bullets between the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. and matte revolution lipsticks and that's pretty noticeable if you are a beauty girl at a beauty counter where you supposedly are regularly. Charlotte Tilbury is only that popular because she's so advertised, none of these truly high end brands shuck their products like she does.
^ This! Completely agree - It all just seemed so odd. If she had bought them in store herself, surely she would have swatched it and looked at it?
And if it's part of the PR does it then qualify as an ad? Just curious about the rules, they seem a little confusing to me :|

northern native
Informer
Informer

ninjaduen wrote:
northern native wrote: She did't even know the difference in bullets between the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. and matte revolution lipsticks and that's pretty noticeable if you are a beauty girl at a beauty counter where you supposedly are regularly. Charlotte Tilbury is only that popular because she's so advertised, none of these truly high end brands shuck their products like she does.
^ This! Completely agree - It all just seemed so odd. If she had bought them in store herself, surely she would have swatched it and looked at it?
And if it's part of the PR does it then qualify as an ad? Just curious about the rules, they seem a little confusing to me :|
I do not think you do, you just have to say the dumb disclaimer about some things are sent to me as pr samples and some i buy my own but all opinions are my crap. An ad is just used when something is sponsored whereas pr samples are sponsored. It's confusing I know.

mcsw
Talker
Talker

Post by mcsw »

I do think it's possible she swatched it at the counter and then tried it on her lips at home and didn't like it that much. It happens to me all the time. So annoying!

Gabi_Romero
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Gabi_Romero »

Is she engaged to Rich? Did I miss that? She's been so boring lately I haven't even bother watching any of her videos, but I watched her haul and I noticed what seemed like and engagement ring but I don't see any proposal or announcement. And I don't think her haul was sponsored, the uk is strict with disclonsing when a video is an ad or if its sponsored, but I could be wrong, you never know with these gurus, lol
Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, english is not my first language <3

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

Gabi_Romero wrote:Is she engaged to Rich? Did I miss that? She's been so boring lately I haven't even bother watching any of her videos, but I watched her haul and I noticed what seemed like and engagement ring but I don't see any proposal or announcement.
Yep, they got engaged a couple of months ago, shortly after they started working on their new place. If you're curious, she has a vlog about it (it's called "What a Week!!!") and an instagram post of the framed illustration Rich used to propose.
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

northern native
Informer
Informer

Gabi_Romero wrote: And I don't think her haul was sponsored, the uk is strict with disclonsing when a video is an ad or if its sponsored, but I could be wrong, you never know with these gurus, lol
It's not sponsored, but it might have been PR samples and she passed them off as buying them herself. People were curious because none of those items really seemed like her taste and she was like a little taken aback by some of the items. You don't have to label anything as an ad as long as you weren't paid to make the video, PR samples aren't seen as income.

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 »

I just recently watched her "Boots (Drugstore) Haul" from a few weeks ago (I am really behind!) and she came across as soon bratty on it! She said it was the third time she had filmed it so I guess she was annoyed, but geez, I came away from that thinking how entitled and irritating she is. (It was early in the morning though!)

BlackHearted
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BlackHearted »

This outfit is awful!
It looks like something a child would wear to elementary school.

smitten258
Debater
Debater

Post by smitten258 »

I find the pose to be waaay worse than what she's wearing ...she looks like some plasticky barbie doll whose arm got turned around.
What is she doing? and where is this from?

Post by Guest »

^ Don't know where that photo is from but it's very similar to photo shoots I've seen in Stylist magazine which can be a bit pretentious and oh-so-hip at times ;)

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

That outfit is so 90s, and the shirt is terrible, oh sweet lord.
She had it on snapchat the other day, it was for some shooting.

Post by Guest »

Well, some 90s trends have made a comeback recently- quite a few youtubers are obviously loving that short A line skirt (the UK ones, anyway)...hopefully shell suits won't be making a comeback :D

Return to “Lily Pebbles”