Temptalia Part 2

P.I.e
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Temptalia Part 2

Post by P.I.e »

I don't think she really posts swatches considering how cohesive they'll look with the rest of her makeup, since she's forever testing products.

Also, I miss the contributors and her actually having MAC press releases ahead of the damn collection :(

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

I wonder if she got something done to her face(botox, fillers & such) because of which she can't smile like a normal human anymore

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

People! There's actual people on this thread! Thank God Almighty!! :rofl: :love2:

Seriously, though, I love it when this thread is alive, too.

It's like she has no sense of awareness, her pictures are horrible, her lighting ruins the swatches and she always looks dirty. I hate the close-ups of her lips, is she incapable of keeping her mouth closed? It just grosses me out.

That post, it doesn't make sense. Do we know if she really has a JD?
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

Post by Guest »

ImageImageImage

I third that! I love when there's people here! Let's keep it going :)

Anyways--THESE SWATCHES ARE SO AWFUL! I truly don't understand why she thinks it's ok to produce content like this. I suppose that she feels like she's got her fan base on lock so she simply doesn't try anymore.

Is it just Christine running the site or are there other contributors? I couldn't imagine working with her......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

^ yea the last one is especially BAD. Looks like a child swatched it

Post by Guest »

I hoped there'd be a thread for her here because my god. Sometimes I google for swatches and I see her old face, with a devilishly fiendish wide smile and pointed chin looking like she's about to devour a sacrifice, and then I read her blog for new releases and she just looked like a constipated person held at gunpoint and told to "say cheese". What the fuck happened to her face?

I can't hate on her too much when the other tip result for swatches is often MusingsofaMuse, who takes every photo in god awful low lighting at the least flattering angle with literl potato face expression.

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

turquoise wrote:I hoped there'd be a thread for her here because my god. Sometimes I google for swatches and I see her old face, with a devilishly fiendish wide smile and pointed chin looking like she's about to devour a sacrifice, and then I read her blog for new releases and she just looked like a constipated person held at gunpoint and told to "say cheese". What the fuck happened to her face?

I can't hate on her too much when the other tip result for swatches is often MusingsofaMuse, who takes every photo in god awful low lighting at the least flattering angle with literl potato face expression.
:rofl: :rofl: So spot on! But between those two, eesh, they're both awful!
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

I wanted to ask you about your thoughts on
a) new MACs Vibe Tribe collection and whole cultural appropriation stuff around it. What do you guys think?
b) Temptalia playing ultimate judge on the new products. It is enough she "offends" these products with her pics, but what about going a step further and bitching about ethical background of something?

Maybe offtop, but keeping this cool thread alive!

Post by Guest »

Personally I don't think she plays queen bee with the new products anymore. I think she had potential to be huge but she got lazy and complacent and while the site idea is amazing, she just lacks the substance to push it further.

We live in a world where everyone and their mom swatches products and gives reviews now. She used to have products well before releases but now it's very rare. I also worry about how well she actually tests the products. If her public swatches are any indication of what's going on behind closed doors, I am a little worried...

Post by Guest »

Personally I don't think she plays queen bee with the new products anymore. I think she had potential to be huge but she got lazy and complacent and while the site idea is amazing, she just lacks the substance to push it further.

We live in a world where everyone and their mom swatches products and gives reviews now. She used to have products well before releases but now it's very rare. I also worry about how well she actually tests the products. If her public swatches are any indication of what's going on behind closed doors, I am a little worried...

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

cheezecake wrote:I wanted to ask you about your thoughts on
a) new MACs Vibe Tribe collection and whole cultural appropriation stuff around it. What do you guys think?
b) Temptalia playing ultimate judge on the new products. It is enough she "offends" these products with her pics, but what about going a step further and bitching about ethical background of something?

Maybe offtop, but keeping this cool thread alive!
I don't agree with the cultural appropriation, unfortunately, we live in a world where people look for ways to get offended and controversy is invented. That's not to say tat MAC hasn't done things that are controversial or downright, wrong, they have. The MAC Rodarte collection comes to mind, I just don't think the Vibe Tribe collection is offensive and Temptalia should stay out of the so called controversy and focus on better quality photographs and more appropriate showcasing of the swatches she posts, just my .02.

Post by Guest »

She looks like a bloated baboon. I never saw the appeal to this pretentious queen bee. I guess she's popular just cause she's around and she had her website in the late 00's -shrugs-

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

It annoys me that people think she is the be all and end all of a product. Like, people actually don't buy proucts because she rated them lower than a '-B' laaaaame

pandachan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pandachan »

Used to read her blog, stopped, went back today, holy sh*t, what happened to her face? Is she on some kind of medication or does she has some kind of medical condition? Her face looks so bloated, and her smile has changed too. Also, she doesn't really give a damn anymore, her swatches are so sloppy.

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

She creeps me out so much lol! But I visit her blog quite regularly and I've passed on buying a few lipsticks because of her recommendations. Most vloggers/bloggers don't touch on several points : does it feather/bleed, how does it look when you reapply etc...

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Fucking yikes. That's what nightmares are made of.

okie455
Learner
Learner

Post by okie455 »

^^ I actually find Temptalia really useful for finding dupes and reading about the tactile qualities of some products but YIKES that is a scary look.
Also the lighting (?) is never really flattering on her lip closeups but I guess no one's lips actually look that nice from that closeup. Does she have like a rule that she only does one swipe of a lip product or why are the often so patchy?

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

I don't know but one thing I like about her is that if, let's say, a lipstick claims it's super pigmented, she will only apply it in one swipe. Maybe that was the case.

I'm not sure I trust her when it comes to swatches because I own a few lipsticks she has swatched before and they look nothing a like (Mac diva is a good example). Just like she says she's NC25 and she doesn't look that color at all...

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Does anyone have any guesses as to how much she makes? It must be around a million a year.

pandachan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pandachan »

Uhm, is she training for clown school? That blush application is horrendous. How can she look in the mirror and be like, yepp, that looks fine...

Return to “Temptalia”